Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!
Hello there, Guest!
Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.
Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution We also recommend checking the full list of potentially affected sites so that you can change your password on those websites also. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Terms of Service and Rules
Use Common Sense
- This is probably the most important rule of them all. Use logic every time you post. Know the consequences before you post something. When you are given a warning, take it into consideration (there will be no excuse). You are expected to know the rules when posting.
- Do not attempt to circumvent the rules via loopholes or other such trickery. We didn't have our rules prepared by a legal team so we may have missed something. If we feel you are not participating in the community with its best interests in mind, then you may be removed at the discretion of the administration. This goes for the server as well.
1. No Flaming, Bashing, or Assailing other members in any way.
- Respect is the most crucial rule in the Pokemon Online forums. Posting a distasteful or offensive message directed at another member is disrespectful. If you have a problem with another member, then do not bash that member directly. If they are harassing or insulting you then please contact a Moderator or Administrator to straighten things out.
- Inappropriate language is permitted to a certain degree. We allow the use of inappriopriate language as long as it doesn't insult or harass another member. We discourage the use of vulgarity as it degrades our amicable and social community.
- Racial slurs are not acceptable at any time.
- Debating is fine as long as you keep things civil. However, carrying on about a particular subject after it has been deemed resolved can be irritating and displeasing to others.
2. Do not post anything linking to inappropriate or illegal material.
- You are forbidden to send people links that pertain to:
* Racism or Prejudice.
* Pornography or Sexually-themed images.
* Numerous pop ups or other disruptive ads.
* Viruses, Spyware, or Malware.
* Products that you are trying to sell.
* Anything that falls within the advertising category, such as (but not limited to): referral links, links to other start-up sites/communities. Youtube or even Pokebeach links are fine, use common sense.
* Anything deemed offensive to a specific ethnic or religious group.
3. No Spamming or Flooding.
- Spamming, which is the act of repeatedly posting pointless messages for the sole purpose of gaining post count, is not tolerated here. When you post, make sure that your post is:
- Pertinent to the topic at hand or to the forum it is posted in.
- Meaningful and contributes to the discussion. Do not just post "lol" or "Hi" or anything else that is unnecessary. Threads are often created to encourage discussion. If you would like to talk to a certain user personally, then post a Visitor Message or send a Private Message to that user.
- Not annoying. Do not post if it is unnecessary and off-topic.
- Not for the sole purpose of earning post count.
- Do not double post. If you need to add something after posting, but nobody else has posted then use the Edit button instead.
- If there is already an existing thread relevant to the subject you wish to discuss, then do not create another thread about it. Post in the original one instead. An exception to this rule is that if the original thread has not been posted in for several months. If that is the case, then you may start a new thread about the subject.
4. Avatar and Signature Restrictions
- In order to accommodate to the users that have slower connections, all Avatars and Signatures must be reasonable in height, width, and file size.
For Avatars, the following restrictions are in place:
- The maximum size for Avatars is 250kb.
- Avatars must follow all rules of the Pokemon Online Forums, which include (but not limited to): No offensive, sexual, prejudice, or otherwise inappropriate content contained in the Avatar.
For signatures, the following restrictions are in place:
- You are prohibited from having any signature that surpasses 200 pixels in height and 600 pixels in width. You are also limited to 300kb.
Animated images are not allowed in either signatures or avatars. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- The only place we allow users to advertise is their signatures. You are ONLY allowed to advertise in your signature.
- You are not to post links to promote your or others' site in any parts of the forum.
- You are NOT allowed to Private Message an advertisement to your or others' site!
6. English Only (PO International is an exception)
- English is the primary language of the Pokemon Online forums. If you are not able to speak English, we will do our best to try and communicate with you, but the Forums are not going to be translated into your language just so you can read them.
- Unless your topic is specifically about posting in another language, there is no reason to not post in English.
7. Personal Security
- Don't give out any personal information! This is less of a rule and more of a safety recommendation for your own well-being. Avoid giving out personally identifiable information.
8. Your account, your responsibility
- When you create an account, that account is for you, and no one else.
- If someone else gains access to your account and breaks the rules with it, you will be the one punished, because we will take punishment against the account, not the person.
- Under no circumstances should you give your password to ANYONE! We will NEVER ask you for your password.
- Do not create multiple accounts. Only one account is allowed per user.
- We are under no obligation whatsoever to remove or alter your posts upon request. This is covered in the terms on all forum registrations.
9. No minimodding on the forums.
- If you see someone breaking the rules, do not post to tell them they are.
- If someone is breaking the rules, please report the post and do not reply.
- Do not request locks on threads, a mod or admin will sort that out.
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.