1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2 OU] The boredom chronicles: Haxorus

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Tears of tomorrow, Nov 17, 2011.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Tears of tomorrow

Tears of tomorrow In the dead of days

[​IMG]
    There is a hour of the day when I go to my favorite bridge and look around. And what I see, well, you can see it in the photo: the mountains in the very bakground are my mountains, my hometown is somewhere behind them. And with the boredom generated by my studies that grabs my throat, the terrible nostalgia of my girlfriend and a huge headache caused by all the things I am busy with, included PO, I end up daydreaming. And sometimes the visions I have involve Pokémon.
    The vision
    [​IMG]

A Haxorus in the Y U NO meme position? Well yea, this is what I saw in my vision: "Marco, Y U NO abuse my immense attack stat?" And this is how this team was born.
    [SECRET]Please note that I am a very bad battler: this team has not lader peaks or tournaments victories to show off. I am making this RMT hoping for some good battler to exploit it to its fullest![/SECRET]

The idea
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

The lead

[​IMG] @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Magic Coat
    - Spore
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes​
    No pkmn that have even a little chance of being suspected/banned. This is what I wanted to do. So no Deo-S. Instead, the companion of unforgettable adventures back in the happy days of UU, the guy that is 100% sure to put a foe to sleep, to set at least SR, to troll Pranksters with the never predicted Magic Bounce. Do your job then die little fella, there is not more I can say about you.

The hard hitter.

[​IMG] @ Leftovers
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Drain Punch
    - Focus Punch
    - Payback​
    I have always wanted to use this guy. Highest base HP and highest base Attack of all the OU pkmn that get SubPunch, so I thought: why not? Payback is needed to kill everything that threats Conk when I am safe behind a sub, Drain punch is needed because after a couple of subs recovering is always nice, and the lat moves are the reason why this pkmn is a subpuncher. Sometimes I miss Mach Punch, sometimes I don't: I really dunno if I should add it or not.

The problem solver

[​IMG]@ Leftovers
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 SAtk / 136 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Charge Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]​
    There are 2 pkmn I seriously hate: Skarmory and Ferrothorn: trapping and killing the former and transforming in a setup bait the latter? Yes please! Luck>Skill once showed me this set and it was love at first sight. Ferro is everywhere nowadays, and yea, subbing in its face then firing not-very-effective charge beams 'till +6 is fun, also because it cannot do anything to stop me (Bulldoze Ferro get). Switching into cb Bullet Punch from Scizor (that does around 11%) and doing the same is fun too. And when the setup fodder is down, the incoming mon will face an overcharged boltbeam coverage behind a sub. Pretty much a free kill if not 2.

The problem solver #2

[​IMG] @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Ice Shard
    - Night Slash
    - Brick Break​
    Threatening dancing dragons and Reuniclus at once: why not? Too bad it is a bit fragile... It can swords dance on switches tho, then proceed to punch some holes in foe's team with perfect coverage + ice priority.

The supporter

[​IMG] @ Light Clay
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
    - Memento
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Dragon Pulse​
    The one I cannot go without: dual screens are so incredibly handy, Memebto transforms any pkmn in a setup fodder (or forces it out, which means a free setup anyway), and the filler move Dragon Pulse is still powerful enough to finish off some weakened mons. Max hp to increase its durability, max speed jolly to win speed ties with Specs Latios with HP fire (-1 speed IV) and setup a screen before it draco meteors me to death. At that point, -2 from Draco meteor and light screen up: I can send Haxorus and it will be like having used Memento. Didn't know where to put the last 4.

The main event

[​IMG] @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Substitute​
    Here you go Haxorus, I found a way to let you setup in peace. Your substitute can take any supereffective move with dual screen memento, and this lets you Dragon Dance without problems. Eq and Outrage make a nice coverage, and won't confusion be a problem? Nah, there is Lum Berry: Come back to your senses and kill a couple more pkmn. Too bad you cannot afford being adamant...

In the end
    In the end I am still here daydreaming. If you like this team, import it and exploit it competitively. If any of you manages to reach a high peak with it, it would be nice for me to know!

The importable:
    Smeargle (M) @ Focus Sash
    - Magic Coat
    - Spore
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes

Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
    - Substitute
    - Drain Punch
    - Focus Punch
    - Payback

Magnezone @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 SAtk / 136 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Charge Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Ice Shard
    - Night Slash
    - Brick Break

Latios (M) @ Light Clay
    - Memento
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Dragon Pulse

Haxorus (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Substitute

Will update with threat list sooner or later.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  2. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Luck>Skill
    Azumarill without KFC Turbo and Excadrill lost a lot of his usefulness. I'd rather use Weavile or Magnezone to beat Dancing Dragons, that seems like giving problems to this team, especially Dnite.

SD Weavile might sweep, and also removes Xatu/Espeon, that are a problem for Smeargle, while Mamoswine is overall better, has STAB Ground moves, it's a lot more difficult to wall, and it's bulkier. It also complements well with Latios...it's your choice :3

3. Tears of tomorrow

I agree wholeheartedly.
    Did you mean Mamoswine? :p
    I will try them both asap. Meanwhile, if someone wants to comment and suggest anything else feel free to. :)

4. wilmer007

wilmer007 Member

I'd put in Gliscor so it can protect Magnezone and Azumarill (maybe replace Smeargle or Latios for Gliscor). Another Ice Weakness but oh well Gliscor is just too good. Mach Punch > Focus Punch it saves the day more than Focus Punch ever will and with Drain Punch you have a Focus Punch will healing ability so Focus Punch isn't really needed especially if they keep breaking your subs then Focus Punch becomes useless.

5. Tears of tomorrow

You might want to use punctuation in your posts...
    Gliscor to protect my mons... from what?
    Also, please people do not give any comment involving Azumarill since after Luck>Skill's suggestion I got rid of it (poor little cute blue ball...). As soon as I decide if I prefer Mamoswine or Weavile I will update the OP. Meanwhile, try and find issues with the other members please... :)

6. DarkDiglett

DarkDiglett free pridy

@wilmer, generally a sub-punch set needs focus punch .-.

And Tears, now that blaziken and exca are out of the picture, you may want to try CB scizor over azumarill because out of rain, it generally outclasses it and a reuciclus counter is always nice.

Also, i dont think magnezone needs that much HP investment because it would be more beneficial in special attack, or speed

7. wilmer007

wilmer007 Member

I was never good in English Class so everyone will have to deal with it.

Azumarill was always fun it's just a shame your going to get rid of it.

And Weavile will probably work better than Mamoswine since you'll be more offensive and also hit Psychic Types hard while walling Ice Attacks in the process.

I know that but there really isn't a need for Focus Punch when he already has Drain Punch as Mach Punch comes in handy when they are worn down to quickly KO while also hitting Ninjask before it can BP Speed Boost. Plus like i said if the Subs are constantly down Focus Punch will be taking up a moveslot since he'll be forced to use Drain Punch instead.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  8. Tears of tomorrow

Ninjask 4x resists mach punch, so I don't see your point. Ninjask protects first turn, then subs around then bpasses, and Conk is not the one that can stop it for sure.

9. wilmer007

wilmer007 Member

Ninjask doesn't like to stick around when teams run Priority Moves like Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, ESpeed and Ice Shard. Combined with SR and Ninjask is free even with 4x resistance to Mach Punch; the fact is that Ninjask can't setup if you just keep putting the pressure but without a priority move your just giving his Ninjask free Speed Boost whereas Mach Punch wears down negating his Speed Boost forcing Ninjask out so SR eats Ninjask on the switch in.

10. Kody

Kody :]

Mach Punch wont even break the sub....

11. wilmer007

wilmer007 Member

It's not suppose to. It's for hitting him before it sets up a sub. Mach Punch still has other uses for other poke not just Ninjask.

12. twofivefive

twofivefive don't call it a comeback

100% no point in using Mach Punch. It will do maybe 10% to a bulky Ninjask. That just makes you setup bait. Payback is FAR more useful in hitting Ninjask.

Also, Ninjask is nonexistant in OU. Try UU if you want to talk about Ninjask.

Good synergy other than Fight weakness. You should also consider Taunt Haxorus over Sub.

13. Tears of tomorrow

Edited the OP. I decided to include LO Weavile, and it is working fairly well :)
    Thank you Luck>Skill!

@ Iceydude why taunt?

14. twofivefive

twofivefive don't call it a comeback

Prevents Forry from setting hazards
    Prevents Baton Pass teams from working (Taunt Haxorus is uncommon, and thus they don't expect it)
    Prevents parallel set-ups
    Prevents Roar-Whirlwind
    Prevents all the stuff that Sub does (bar weakass Milotic D-Tail)

15. Tears of tomorrow

@ Iceydude Ima try it thanks :)

EDIT: is it only me or the images from Deity's rmt builder aren't working anymore?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
  16. Fate/Dracoflare

Fate/Dracoflare Kayneth Fried Circuits

I didn't notice your team till now.I recently prepared a triple Dragon Team consisting of Dragonite Salamence Haxorus,along with Chansey,Weavile and Magnezone.

Amazingly the Haxorus set I use is exactly the same as yours.(Great Minds think alike?/noobs get the same ideas?)
    your team is weak to any fast Hard hitting Pokemon.Any Dragon Dancer/Terrakion/Specs Latios etc.
    While Weavile solves many of these issues Terrakion,Gyarados can still be annoying.
    Suggestion : Get a scarfer?.I don't know what to replace in your team.If I were you I will take out smeargle.

17. Tears of tomorrow

Smeargle is needed for hazards ;_;

Dancing dragons need to dance first, and this is why I need hazards + Weavile. Weavile also kills Terrakion with Low Kick (oh, I am planning to replace Low Kick with Brick Break...) unless it is scarfed, but in such a case Latios will force it out, set screens, and allow Haxorus to set up (and after setup, no threat is a threat anymore). Gyarados however is a problem: I need to figure out a better way to deal with it...

18. Docrok

Docrok New Member

I was intrigued by the prospect of memento on latios. Also with haxorus also in the team i thought i'd check out the synergy between the two. Latios did its work flawlessly and quickly became the mainstay for the team. The problem however,was with haxorus. It went down wayyyy too easily.Another issue was with magnazone. With almost everyone running a fighting move magna really became more of a burden then an asset not to mention the EQ weakness.

To solve this i replaced hax with mence and magnazone with Volcarona.. Mence choice is pretty obvious as a direct replacement for hax with less firepower but a bit more bulk. I also changed the moves (which makes it weak but gives much more versatility in attack). Volcarona really worked well for the team. Covered scar, scizor and the like but most importantly acted as a vital second setup sweeper. I can memento to volcarona or salamence and makes the opponent think a bit. Conkel is pretty awesome with mach punch and weavile can also take on some of the sweeping responsibility with SD.

[secret]Smeargle (M) @ Focus Sash
    - Magic Coat
    - Spore
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes

Conkeldurr (M) @ Leftovers
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Stone Edge
    - Mach Punch

Flu bug (Volcarona) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Quiver Dance
    - Fiery Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hidden Power [Rock]

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
    - Swords Dance
    - Ice Shard
    - Night Slash
    - Low Kick

Latios (M) @ Light Clay
    - Memento
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Dragon Pulse

Salamence (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Brick Break
    - Earthquake[/secret]

As for the playstyle of this team its pretty much oriented around mence and rona sweeping, with latios being the vital link with dual screens and that unexpected memento. Props to smeargle as it laughs in the face of dexoys-s and pretty much guarantees a sleep and stealth rock.

Weakness? Hmm i had some trouble with other set-up sweepers and did feel the need for some genuine bulk. Also an exceptional stall team user can ruin your day.Don't need to mention it but good prediction can get you out of most tight spots.

(By no means is this team complete and after half a day of battling it reached the 1100s. A lot of room for improvement but credit to @Tears for the main concept. Thanks in advance for any and all helpful suggestions)..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
  19. Tears of tomorrow

Why not making your own thread? That is basically an independent RMT... :/

20. Docrok

Docrok New Member

Because this is not the team i usually use. I just tweaked it a bit and thought i'd try something new. Excadrill user you know(or used to be) *sigh* :/

21. Tears of tomorrow

Bah.
    Anyway, I fixed the images, and I also replaced Low Kick with Brick Break on Weavile, because scaring off those dual screen Deo-S/Espeon and shattering their protections on the switch is nice.
    I am too lazy to make a serious threat list, so yeah, this is basically the final version of my team. Love it, hate it, but this is it. Thanks to everyone that helped, and special credits to Luck>Skill because he suggested 2 mons.
    Coming next:
    Lucario
    Moxie (ability)
    Pikachu

22. Sword-Blade

Sword-Blade Member

you should try hp fire over hp ice on magnezone as u want to trap ferrothorns and scizors

Moderators: Edna, fsk