1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Video Games] Video Games Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wulfert, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Wulfert

Wulfert It is me

Title. A game for talking about games, upcoming games, your gaming equipment and etc.

So yeah, I've been having fun with MW3 and hopefully getting Gears 3 soon.
    Also, I'm looking forward to GTA V seeing it taking place in Los Santos.

Also, I'm using Turtlebeach X31 for my Xbox 360.

Also, I still don't know what too choose between Skyrim or BF3. :/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
  2. Galblade

Galblade FAT PRINCESS

SKYRIM, SKYRIM, SKYRIM. If you have MW3 you won't need another shooter. I'm playing a combination of Dark Souls and Skyrim with a bit of Resistance 3 thrown in when I need to shoot something. Dark Souls and Skyrim are just way too good to pass up, one of them or Uncharted 3 (which I haven't played yet) will more than likely be GOTY.

3. Wulfert

Wulfert It is me

Yeah, I was thinking of Skyrim too since I already got a shooter. Adventure games are always fun.

4. Django

Django UNCHAINED

I. Want. Skyrim.

5. Jcpdragonx

Jcpdragonx the business business

Lots of mw3. Lots of swearing my head off ever minute.

6. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    OVERRATED, OVERRATED, OVERRATED. Seriously. I don't get what all the fuss is about regarding Skyrim. People are acting as if it's a contender for game of the year. I just don't see it.
    As for MW3 - both Black Ops and MW2 completely outclass it imo. Shot themselves in the foot with it, if you ask me. Not had too much experience with MW3 thus far though.

<nintendo fanboy>
    Speaking of quite-possibly-overrated, I'm playing Super Mario 3D Land. Just completed the main game. Was good fun, especially the final battle. It could have been a lot better, but I really enjoyed it. Potential spoilers in secret tags.
    [secret]Can't wait to start on the Secret Worlds. From what I've heard, they're more challenging, which should instantly provide more fun.

btw, Bowser can't half take a beating.[/secret]

I've also played the opening portion of Skyward Sword. I do love the art in the game - it feels like a perfect compromise between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and I'd easily say it's the best looking Zelda game I've played thus far. Loving the music. Seems to have started fairly slowly, but most 3D Zelda games do.

Finally, GIVE ME MARIO KART 7 ALREADY!
    </nintendo fanboy>

7. Hannah

Hannah Come a little closer

PO Trainer Name:
    Hannah
    I heard they made a new Barbie funland with 7 new dresses!

8. twofivefive

twofivefive don't call it a comeback

LMAO

Anyways, I REALLY want the new Kirby game. Looks worth the money. Especially with the one ability that summons a giant flaming dragon :3

9. Drigger

Drigger Fabula Nova Crystallis

Gotta go with Oak about Skyrim.... /Yuk.... I've never played an elder scrolls but from what I've seen... /yuk!

MW3 FTW!! I can't wait to get it. MW2 was so amazing. So epic, so awesome, so Indignation! /yum

I want Kingdoms of Amalur Nao!!! and Final Fantasy XIII-2 /Rpg ♥

Also Assassins Creed Revelations! I finished Brotherhood just recently and I need to consume what happens next!

Currently I'm drowning myself in Dungeon Defenders on XBOX Live Arcade! Its Tower Defense gone awesome! ♥

10. Galblade

Galblade FAT PRINCESS

I'm interested in Dungeon defenders too. I'll try and grab it when they eventually release it on EU's PSN coz slow.

@ Skyrim. Its a really good game. Sure its got a few bugs, but a game that size is bound to. I'm not saying it WILL be GOTY (Uncharted 3 will most likely nab that title) but it will more than likely make the list of most video gaming blogs/websites etc.

After saying all that, DARK SOULS, DARK SOULS, DARK SOULS. The further I get into this game, the more engrossed, frustrated (in a good way) and feeling so rewarded whenever I finish an area. This game is so tough its good, its not the cheap kind of tough, its the "Oh I have to fight *insert enemy* this way and not screw up the minor things or I'll die in a few hits" kind of tough. Loved its spiritual prequel in Demon's souls, but this game is 10x better.

11. Rigas

Rigas Active Member

Omg, it is VERY simple...

GET SKYRIM GODAMNIT THE ELDER SCROLLS IS THE BEST VIDEOGAME SERIES IN HISTORY[/HIDE]

12. Wulfert

Wulfert It is me

@Oak
    While I agree Skyrim is a bit overhyped, its still a good game.
    Also, MW3 is much more balanced than MW2 and Black Ops.

13. Hannah

Hannah Come a little closer

PO Trainer Name:
    Hannah
    I own neither Skyrim nor MW3 ;-;

SEND ME MONEY.

14. Mestre Nando

Mestre Nando Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Mestre Nando
    Besides everything already mentioned, I'm really enjoying Batman Arkham City. I find it pretty cool =P

On a sidenote, send me money. I wanna buy Uncharted 3 and still can't =/

15. Rigas

Rigas Active Member

>Skyrim Overhyped

Wtf are you people smoking ;_;

Sorry, couldn't resist, but it's still the best game this year >_>[/HIDE]

16. Hobbes2

Hobbes2 Aren't I dead or something

PO Trainer Name:
    Hobbes2
    Lol!

Can't wait for skyward sword cuz its legit :P (95% on metacritic holy S***)

MK7 Forevah!

Anyone else think duke nukem forever wasn't worth the wait? (lol everyone)

17. DarkDiglett

DarkDiglett free pridy

Playing Gears 3 atm, not as much as i was because my level reset and i lost so many hours of progress ;____:

18. Meteor64

Meteor64 TM1337 Falcon Punch

Skyward Sword for GOTY, simply because if its better than Ocarina (which it supposedly is), then by default it must be considered as the best game of all time.

Onto older games, anyone play F-Zero GX? Somehow its 8 years old and it still gives me graphics related orgasms, not to mention its really fricking hard. REALLY hard.

19. Wander

Wander Shitty Wizard

I need to get Skyrim, my wallet needs to pack some pounds though.

20. Wulfert

Wulfert It is me

Either Portal 2 or skyrim for GOTY.

21. Croak

Croak 20/20 hindsight

Not going to lie, I really want Modern Warfare 3..

Also, Stronghold 3 looks pretty cool imo.

22. Rigas

Rigas Active Member

Stronghold 3 was a huge disappointment for me... the series started strong but it went worse and worse.

23. Croak

Croak 20/20 hindsight

They said Stronghold 2 was going somewhere until Stronghold 3.. but.. different people say different things. I just like these types of games. Stronghold doesn't have that much competition, or not that I'm aware of. It's unique and I think that's one of the reasons they kind of let go.

24. Galblade

Galblade FAT PRINCESS

Bought MW3 today, major borefest. Returning tomorrow/thursday for Uncharted 3.

25. Drigger

How dare you :O!!! MW3 for game of the year! Why does game of the Year have to be an RPG.... If game of the year was about sales MW3 wins anyways xD its been doing better than Skyrim as far as I know. BTW seriously even I myself have contemplated getting Skyrim simple because everyone else is going gaga... But i'm sure I wouldn't like it...

Send me money pl0x...!!

26. Galblade

Galblade FAT PRINCESS

I'm poor too. I had to trade in a heap of games to get all the end of year lineup. Disgaea 4, Resistance 3, Skyrim, Dark Souls and MW3... I'm spending tomorrow trying to get hooked on MW3, but I don't see it happening tbh.

27. Burnin'Red

Burnin'Red Official Cookie Stealer

PO Trainer Name:
    Burnin'Red.
    SuperScizor! You're alive?! :D
    (Beware, the content below is rated E for Epic, read at your own risk.)
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Well, imo(IMO IMO IMO! NOT YOUR OPINION, MY OPINION, UNDERSTOOD?!) MW3 is <3, Skyrim is "ZOMG SKYRIM!!! <3"
    Y nobody liek Skyward Sword... :c
    I am very excited about Shin Megami Tensei; Devil Survivor 2. It's a JRPG, really popular in Japan. Coming out next year. I've recently developed a liking for Yu-Gi-Oh and started playing World Championship 2011, which I had dumped a long time ago. Fossil Fighter Champions is another game I play a lot these days, no idea why, though. Ah yes! I almost forgot, I found a translation for Tales of Innocence, a tales game for the DS, it didn't get a North American release so some gamers(including myself) were a bit disappointed, I had to patch up the game in order to play it, hard work but it's worth it.
    And yes, I like Nintendo.
    p.s: Nintendo > Microsoft > Sony

p.p.s: Nintendo > All

p.p.p.s: SKYRIM FOR GOTY!

28. profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL INSANE Professer

Batman Arkham City is what busy I with am now right cause got walmart bundle with arkham asylum also and didn't play that. it was a lot of fun and so far I am enjoying Arkhma City a lot but I am getting easily distracted with the sidequests so it is taking me forever >_>

29. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Any worries I had about the game have since disappeared completely. Spoilers in secret tags - and if you want to play the game and experience some nerd excitement for yourself, I don't recommend reading the spoilers.
    [secret]The first secret world level changed my mind rather rapidly. Not only was the level a bit harder, but it also brought back 2 of the best things from previous Mario games - Poison Mushrooms (which are homing - a nice touch) and the Tanooki Suit. I'm not talking that floaty tail, I'm talking the floaty tail AND THE STATUE. Metal Leaf, ground pound to see the statue. FUCKING WIN.

AND IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH, Shadow Mario returning in a similar way to the to Galaxy games (S1-3 iirc) AND unlocking the ability to play as Luigi if you beat the first Special World in its entirety? I need new pants, cos I've creamed in these ones.[/secret]

30. Meteor64

Meteor64 TM1337 Falcon Punch

How can a game (map-pack) that's practically identical to its predecessor get GOTY? You don't see Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum even get close, and you know how well those sell.

Too much FPS bumming for anyone to care (well, and Skyrim, but Zelda is still the better game, no matter how much shorter/technologically inferior it is)

+1

-1, Zelda is better

You had... worries? The only 3DS game I'm somewhat worried for is Kid Icarus, but not very much, it looks epic already and it's being directed by Sakurai, so... all I care about is the release date. WHICH IS TOO FAR AWAY DAMNIT

31. Wulfert

Wulfert It is me

I guess MW3 is the CoD that makes me rage more than any other.

32. Mestre Nando

Mestre Nando Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Mestre Nando
    Seeing an update from one of my favorite Youtube Gamers, I saw a deep analysis into Skyrim. For those who were crazy for getting it, hold it and wait. It's bugging a lot, it seems, it holds like, 6Mb (which, what, means one medium map ? '-') and starts bugging after it. Will edit with more info later.

Also, is it just me or Arkham City and Uncharted 3, which are predicted to top Skyrim on "Game of the Year", aren't being mentioned around ? Anyone have got those besides me (just Arkham City here, though --') ?

33. Galblade

Galblade FAT PRINCESS

Yea, I'm waiting for a patch for the save game size before I continue playing Skyrim. I have the Official guide too and its awesome. Didn't expect to buy it but Mum surprised me :D

34. profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL INSANE Professer

I have City. its a lot of fun.

35. Ozma

Ozma Grunt in the machine

My GOTY so far has been Xenoblade Chronicles. It's extremely well rated and for a while was 2nd of all time on the metacritic ranking just below Ocarina of Time. I'm also looking forward to Skyward Sword, which arrives tomorrow!

Uncharted 3 might win but it really doesn't deserve it. It's not as good as its predecessor in terms of story and length. It doesn't do a whole lot new and while the characters, scenery, graphics and voice acting is great the story is lacking, its ending disappointed many (I'd call it sex without climax) and it's not as long as Uncharted 2. Skyrim is a tad overhyped, it's good but not great. It's an RPG more for casual players than hardcore players like Dark Souls and numerous other JRPGs. Most reviewers are hardcore gamers and will look at it as such. Not to be bias but Dark Souls has more of a chance than Skyrim. Heck, some people have beaten Skyrim's main story in just over 2 hours? What kind of RPG experience is that?!

MW3 is one of the most loathed games ever made and is simply hated by too many to have a decent shot. Any publisher and critic that dares to declare it GOTY will lose their fanbase in seconds, no exaggeration. Currently the PC version of the game has a score of 2.0 out of 10 on metacritic. Which honestly...is really, really dismal. Fact is Oak is right. It uses the exact same engine as MW2 and as a game simply isn't as good and nowhere-near as ground-breaking. Reviewers who went through World at War, Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops are just annoyed at this point and think it's stale. It's MW1.9. Fanboys are gonna fanboy.

But yeah, judging by what's happening Skyward Sword and Arkham City will be the top contenders. Neither seem to have earned any negative responses. There's also the off chance things like Portal 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution will win somewhere.

Skyward Sword will win. Zelda never really fails as proved by history.

36. Galblade

Galblade FAT PRINCESS

I'm returning MW3 tomorrow for Skyward Sword but can't play it until next week I don't think.

Ozma, The Elder scrolls main quests are supposed to be icing on the cake. If they were the main draw to the game they wouldn't allow the play to continue afterwards. ES is more about the world as a whole compared to the stories in it. Thats not to say those stories aren't great, but the overall world is the main draw.

Dark Souls is epic, don't try this if you're easily frustrated. Getting lost is so easy (I'm lost right now lol).

MW3 I completely agree with Ozma. I put the disc in yesterday, felt like I was playing all the previous games with a few different tweakable options. They need to stop releasing COD yearly. Its completely ruining itself.

Can't wait to see if Skyward sword is worth the 10/10 on IGN, I've wanted a 1:1 Action/adventure game with swords ever since I played Sports Champions Arena thing.

37. Ozma

Ozma Grunt in the machine

Then I don't understand the hype to it if it's a place or area simulator.

38. Drigger

Haters gonna hate on MW3... Just because a game is running on the same game engine of its forerunner makes it automatically suck? I would think not. Epic game is epic.

I really don't care which game wins game of the year once I enjoy the games that I do play ^_^
    PS: I'm not into the back and forth arguing. I'm just here to enjoy video games :3[/HIDE]

39. Wulfert

Wulfert It is me

To be honest, most people who think MW3 = MW2 clearly haven‘t played the game. Sure, I myself think its a lot like MW2 but hey, MW2 was a great game.

40. Lamperi

Lamperi I see what you did there

I preordered Batman on Steam the day it came there (-20% because I have Arkham Asylum on my account). It's going to unlock on Friday \:D/

Now playing: The Binding of Isaac. Awesome game, which has random generated levels and items every time you play it.

Other video games coming up: waiting for Assassin's Creed: Revelations. It's a pretty cool series. Gonna buy after completing Batman.

I should buy Battlefield 3, since BF:BC2 was cool, but I was too busy with school to bother with it yet.

Zelda would be cool, but I'm not comfortable with my Wii after it refused to play Metroid: Other M. Anyone knows if Zelda is on dual-layer DVD?