1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Video Games] Video Games Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wulfert, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Badass Ivysaur!

Badass Ivysaur! New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Badass Ivysaur!
    If they don't release GTA V on pc, then I am going to be angry

2. Nikhil Parasanalli

Nikhil Parasanalli New Member

It's worrisome that nobody is talking about Splinter Cell:Blacklist. The Best Stealth Game Ever.

3. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

hmm. should i get sleeping dogs or arkham city.

4. Nikhil Parasanalli

You havn't played Arkham City yet. OMG :O

5. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

Just saw a trailer for Super Mario 3D World for Wii-U - looks epic.

[video=youtube;wLOKVABfrzw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLOKVABfrzw[/video]

Galaxy's level design, 3D Land's powerups, With New Super Mario Bros. Co op play. Has Mario 64 met its match?

6. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

hmm. i have no idea about galaxy/3d land/NSMB. the newest game console i own is a PS2 p.p

looks like it could rival smb64. shit got nothin on smb3 though.

7. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

Anyone getting Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies?

As a fan of the series, I will be.

8. Nikhil Parasanalli

OH MY GOD. This tv spot has got me so much excited :D [video=youtube;InUj9BT8KCc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InUj9BT8KCc[/video]

9. Domo Genesis

Domo Genesis Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Domo Genesis
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  10. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    http://persona5.jp/
    Persona 5 announced >:O
    And some other Persona related things, but who cares about them

11. Dr. Doom

Bought A Link Between Worlds yesterday, it's awesome! Must buy for any 3DS owner.

12. Afro Smash

Afro Smash Mfw I'm living the Australian dream

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    Favourite games:
    Halo Combat Evolved (Xbox)
    Bioshock (Xbox 360)
    Mario Kart (DS)
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
    Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (PS2)
    Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (Xbox 360)
    Burnout 3 Takedown (Xbox)
    Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
    SSX Tricky (PS2)
    Timesplitters 2 (PS2)
    Dragon Quest IX: Sentinel of the Starry Skies (DS)
    Borderlands (Xbox 360)
    Dead Space (Xbox 360)
    Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360)
    Super Meat Boy (Xbox 360)
    Dragon Age Origins (Xbox 360)
    Fallout 3 GOTY (Xbox 360)
    The Witcher (PC)[/HIDE]

Games I'm looking forward to:
    The Division (PS4)
    Titanfall (Xbox One)
    The Order 1886 (PS4)
    Watch Dogs (PS4
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4)
    The Evil Within (PS4)
    Mirrors Edge 2 (PS4)
    Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4)
    Super Smash Bros (Wii U)[/HIDE]

Hoping to own a Wii U after this christmas and catch up on the great games like hd wind waker, mario world 3d etc. Not too fussed about PS4 or Xbox One right now since they haven't got paticularly great games out for either system.

13. Vahle

Vahle Trapped Under Ice

PO Trainer Name:
    TUI
    Watch Dogs is definitely on my list of games to get as well. Battlefront too naturally. Destiny also looks very good, but of course I have run into the dilemma of which console to get it for since all my friends are gravitating towards Xbox One while I want the PS4... To add to that dilemma, the next Fallout installment is rumored to be an Xbox One exclusive. Hopefully more light is shed on that soon since apparently the game is going to be announced in like less than a week. $10 says that's also nothing more than a rumor though.

14. Afro Smash

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    You should just get the one your friends get most likely, unless there's a PS4 exclusive which you really really want. Yeah i'm looking forward to destiny too, will be my first time playing an mmo. And it would be a major steal for microsoft if they got fallout 4 exclusively, but i can't see it happening personally, it's aways been multi platform, and i dont want to be forced to buy an xbox one to play it (though i would because i love the fallout series). The Division looked super good at E3 too, another game that will be a lot better with friends, and finally titanfall, likely to be the next 'cod' should be a lot of fun, lets just hope respawn havent lost their touch.

15. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

I will never buy an Xbox One. Not because I'm a person that loyally defends one company over another but simply because of all the shady shit Microsoft has done so far. Banning people from Xbox Live because of profanity in their shared gameplay when there's going to be M rated games coming out? Plus all their shifting policies before the thing even came out. Even if Kingdom Hearts 3 for some random reason was on the Xbone I still wouldn't buy the piece of crap. Microsoft's really losing customers, at least those that are doing their research and not blindly going off of how good the Xbox 360 is.

16. Vahle

Vahle Trapped Under Ice

PO Trainer Name:
    TUI
    For me it really has just come down to what my friends are getting. I mean, I want to actually have people to play with. Since Microsoft fixed their DRM bullshit I guess I'm cool with getting Xbox One. Also both Kingdom Hearts III and FF XV are both being ported to Xbox, so only big reasons I have left to get PS4 would be Watch Dogs and Infamous. It may be cheaper than Xbox, but I wasn't planning on getting either console for a while anyway.

17. Darklight

Darklight Nothing is True

Going to get PS4, The only thing that I want on XboxOne is the Zoo Tycoon game. btw, Assassin's Creed 4 is super fricking awesome.

18. Afro Smash

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    Bravely Default for 3ds is out in 2 days, i strongly advise any jRPG fans take a look

19. Nikhil Parasanalli

I highly recommend Assassin's Creed IV , especially to those gamers who love beautiful and artistic worlds. I really loved the Pirate battles and It was refreshing to have a anti-hero as a protagonist.

20. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

The scenario writer has also worked on steins;gate, if anybody's seen it.

21. I'm a Doctor

I'm a Doctor Member

I'm getting a PS4. I like Nintendo, they are the best game publisher in the world, but they would be better off making games for Sony, as Sony makes the better consoles with better technology. More people would play Nintendo games that way.

22. Shadow Sneak

Shadow Sneak came in like

PO Trainer Name:
    Shadow Sneak
    NEED FOR SPEED THE CREW BEST NEXT GEN RACING GAME OF ALL TIEM
    [video=youtube;d4JnshyKOOQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4JnshyKOOQ[/video]

23. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

So can we take a minute to talk about how this game has the potential to either be one of Nintendo's best or worst decisions ever?

[video=youtube;ZOq4IiuRMWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOq4IiuRMWk[/video]

24. Dr. Doom

Looks like it could be good fun. At this stage it's too early to tell if it'll be good or bad. As much as I love the Legend of Zelda games, they are all a bit samey so at the very least you've got to respect them for trying something different.

This also isn't the first time the Dynasty Warriors people did a Nintendo Crossover. There was also Pokémon Conquest on the DS, which I thought was pretty good.

25. Darklight

NFS? It's not Need for Speed, it's Ubisoft's game.

26. Vahle

Vahle Trapped Under Ice

PO Trainer Name:
    TUI
    Like Dr. Doom said it's probably too early to tell if this is going to be a hit or miss. They don't even have a final name yet. But even if this game doesn't turn out to be amazing I doubt it would bomb. I mean Dynasty Warriors is overall a pretty solid series and from what I see in this trailer this won't be an exception to that. Zelda really does need something new and to me Dynasty Warriors could be it :0 I mean for now at least.

27. Afro Smash

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    So now that Next gen is here, what are your guys favourite games of the past Generation? This includes titles from the DS, Wii, PSP, Xbox 360 + PS3.

For me:
    DS: Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Sky

Honurable Mentions:
    Mario Kart DS
    Professor Layton Series
    FF XII: Revenant Wings
    [/HIDE]

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Honourable Mentions:
    Resident Evil 4
    Super Paper Mario
    (Note I am yet to play Xenoblade Chronicles, Metroid Trilogy + Loz: SS)[/HIDE]

PS3: The Last Of Us

Honourable Mentions:
    Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
    Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
    (Note I am yet to play any Uncharted games)[/HIDE]

Xbox 360: Gears of War 3 (Solely for the multiplayer)

Honourable Mentions:
    Halo 3
    Trials HD[/HIDE]

Multi-Platform: Bioshock

Honourable Mentions:
    ES: Oblivion
    Mass Effect 2
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Dead Space[/HIDE]

Should i make this it's own thread?

28. Marina

Marina The Marshtomp has seen it all before.

PO Trainer Name:
    Min
    Um, if you asked me, I could only answer for DS 'cause I don't own any of the other consoles. Wait, I have a Wii. Nevermind!

Definitely the best DS game I've ever played is The World Ends With You. As for Wii, I really liked Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

29. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

FIRE EMBLEM.
    I'm with you on this one, FE:RD was by far my favourite Wii game (Tbh, I don't even know why I like it so much)

For DS, I'd say Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days. I absolutely loved the story, especially the ending.

PS3- Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Best game I've ever played imo. Love the mix of action and stealth and the freedom to choose how you balance stealth and combat. Combined with its incredibly interesting perspective on the modern world, the expansion of technology into new frontiers, the moral/ethical issues associated with that and how we deal with those issues, and it's simply a winner

But yeah, there's a huge amount of big titles I never touched, so there's that (I got a PS3 real late, I find DS games take ages to drop to a price range where I'm comfortable buying them, and Wii just had a lacklustre selection of games imo).

30. Vahle

Vahle Trapped Under Ice

PO Trainer Name:
    TUI
    My favorite games of generation 7

DS
    [secret]-Pokemon Black and White
    -Megaman Zero Collection
    (Haven't played much DS in a while)[/secret]

Wii
    [secret]-Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
    -Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    -Bully[/secret]

PS3
    [secret]-Infamous 2
    -Last of Us
    -Heavy Rain[/secret]

[secret]-Fallout 3
    -Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    -Sleeping Dogs[/secret]

31. Darklight

Just finished playing Spec Ops: The Line, the game was brilliant, gameplay was pretty good and the story was just plain awesome, took some time and google to completely figure it out, although the I truly got what the game was trying to tell you, truly remarkable, especially that white phosphorus scene.

Also currently playing Deus Ex Human Revolution, seems good so far.

Btw, Borderlands 1 and 2 are among the greatest games ever made.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  32. Darklight

Beat Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, it was so fricking awesome, although the QTE bug in the Armstrong fight was annoying, still was really really fun.

33. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

Oh my God, Dishonored for the '360 is ridiculous. Plot, graphics, gameplay, piles of side routes, power-ups - this game is fucking fantastic.

And Xenoblade too. I think I reviewed Xenoblade at some stage on this forum.

34. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

Eh, I found Dishonored underwhelming, largely because I thought the plot was terrible, and the whole implementation of morality into the gameplay and story was done incredibly badly.

In my experience, emphasising the role of morality and (not) killing people and all that on the outcome of the story, as well as having a results screen with various categories that were likely to be related to this, made (not) killing people into an achievement, rather than a moral decision.

Because I then felt like I was playing badly if I killed anyone, I felt like my freedom to approach various situations was restricted, but for no good reason- it wasn't enhancing the experience of the game, wasn't making any kind of impact, because I didn't care about the consequences of my actions, I instead cared about completing each level well.

35. Shadow Sneak

Shadow Sneak came in like

PO Trainer Name:
    Shadow Sneak
    AC4 was amazing, and online made the game 10x more fun after you beat the main story. NBA 2K14 is like just amazing. I really want XY, since all my friends are trading and breeding and I miss that from BW2 e.e also NFS Rivals was amazing and its my first NFS game. If they're all like this i gotta check out the others

36. Afro Smash

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    Just finshed rayman legends for Wii U, fantastic platformer, need to go back throught he levels and rescue all the teensies, but its a really fun platformer with a good amount of challenge and can be fun for people not adept at videogames, so my gf enjoyed helping me out on some levels with the gamepad. highly reccomended.

37. Dr. Doom

A friend of me told me about a new game Sega have announced: Sonic Boom for the Wii-U and 3DS. This is the final part of Sega's 3 game deal with Nintendo (Sonic Lost World and Mario and Sonic being the other 2). Here's the trailer:

[video=youtube;NRprvD5J-YA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRprvD5J-YA[/video]

What are people's thoughts?

38. pokemonnerd

Why are knuckles' arms gigantic? I mean the other characters look more human while still looking like they always have but that just immediately caught my eye. He either took up football or steroids, possibly both.

39. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    I'm guessing the character redesign was a more visual (and slightly realistic) way to show that he's the powerhouse of the group. I mean in Sonic Heroes, apart from Knuckles, all of the groups' strength-based characters were huge guys while Knuckles were around the same size as Sonic.

Even with the controversial character redesigns and the meh voice-acting, I think the game looks like it has the potential to be the best 3-D Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2 (in my opinion), so it might be interesting to look out for. Of course with Sega's history with 3-D Sonic games in general, I wouldn't be too surprised if it's a flop either.

40. Afro Smash

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    Mad jelly of Knuckles' gains, and kyrks not hatin cuz they both skip leg day