1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Video Games] Video Games Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wulfert, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    I just noticed E3 starts in a few days and this is gonna be the first time in a few years I'm going to be unable to watch it live :(
    Hopefully it'll be decent this year, but probably not

2. Suigetsu

Suigetsu Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Stray Fox
    Is it bad that I've never watched an E3? I hear a lot of talk about them, but never actually do get around to watching them :$

Tbh I might watch this coming one, idk if its worth it.

3. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    The only reason to watch E3 is to see how bad it is.
    Well, that's not entirely true, Nintendo's are usually decent, but they didn't have a conference last year IIRC.
    If you're interested in seeing footage of upcoming games, then they're ok to watch, outside of that, not really worth it.
    I think I heard that they were going to show some Pokémon ORAS footage as well, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

4. Suigetsu

Suigetsu Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Stray Fox
    You seem rather negative about it, is it really that bad?

Im gonna try watching this one, if I like it, yeah sure I'll get into a habit, if not I'll just keep doing whatever :p

5. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    It's not as bad as I make out tbh. I'm just trying to avoid hyping myself up and being disappointed. Especially since there's apparently going to be the new Battlefront shown, which I loved. But I feel as if it's not going to live up to the original 2.

6. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

All this talk about FE Awakening has made me start a new game. Here's my plan for the kids:
    Lucina
    Mother: Avatar
    Class: Grandmaster
    Skills: Galeforce, Aether, Rightful King, Ignis, Rally Spectrum
    I know her magic growths aren't great, but I'm not worried about that. I've got 4 Spirit Dusts, and Rightful King combined with Aether and Ignis ensures she'll still do plenty of damage

Morgan
    Father: Chrom
    Class: General
    Skills: Rightful King, Galeforce, Aegis, Pavise, Sol
    Gonna take a lot of grinding...Luckily he'll start with Veteran so that won't be too bad. Rightful King and Pavgis will make him unbreakable

Kjelle
    Father: Donnel
    Class: Paladin
    Skills: Luna, Sol, Armsthrift, Galeforce, Aegis
    Gonna have Donnel pass down Aptitude for awesome growths, and eventually replace it with Aegis

Severa
    Father: Frederick
    Class: Hero
    Skills: Galeforce, Pavise, Aegis, Sol, Luna
    Severa is naturally a great bulky Hero and with Pavgis she'll be hard to bring down and pack a hell of a punch too

Inigo
    Father: Stahl
    Class: Hero/Beserker
    Skills: Galeforce, Luna, Sol, Armsthrift, Swordfaire/Axefaire
    Torn between trying Hero and Beserker. On paper, both seem good so I'll wait and see. I'll use Swordfaire for Hero, Axefaire for Beserker

Brady
    Father: Henry
    Class: War Monk
    Skills: Galeforce, Luna, Axefaire, Miracle, Healtouch
    I'll need a healer, and Brady seems perfect.

Owain
    Father: Libra
    Class: Sorcerer
    Skills: Galeforce, Tomefaire, Vantage, Vengeance, Wrath
    I've heard about how amazing the VVW set up is, so thought I'd give it a try

Nah
    Father: Vaike
    Class: Manakete
    Skills: Swordbreaker, Sol, Pavise, Luna, Wyrmsbane
    My go to Nah, she'll be incredible as usual

Noire
    Father: Gaius
    Class: Bride
    Skills: Sol, Luna, Galeforce, Bowfaire, Lancefaire
    Never used a Bride before so thought I might give it a go

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  7. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Well I dug up my own pairings for my Lunatic run of the game. This was based more on this than anything else, since Lunatic kind of needs the best stats possible while skills aren't as vital. Here's mine:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=aNEg0V6s

Although I'll probably start with a female avatar to get different sets of (better) pairings in another run.

8. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

So it's been 10 years since GTA Vice City was released (on PC, 12 for PS2), and I remembered how much more fun the series 2 GTA games were (GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas) compared to series 3 (4 and 5). Especially compared to 4, that game was dicks. Seriously the wacky physics, awesome radio (Vice City's radio is on a whole other level than the rest) and cool characters haven't been replicated since imo. I'm not one to cling to early games because nostalgia, so don't pull that out on me!

Also thanks to whoever posted in this thread saying BF3 was free on Origin (Orcelot?) I now know that game is shitty. I mean damn 90% of it (campaign or multi-player) is spent not being able to aim because of shaky-cam effects.

9. Afro Smash

Afro Smash Mfw I'm living the Australian dream

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    Halo Master Chief collection with beta access to Halo 5. Yum.

The Division, Assassins Creed Unity and even the new CoD have all peaked my interest.

Good showing from Microsoft imo

10. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Dragon Age Inquisition get HYYYYYYPEEEE
    ME4 I will buy and I will play. Idk how it's gonna go
    Mirror's Edge 2 hype
    Shame EA's conference was literally 50% SPORTS REHASHES

Ubisoft was garbage my god. So much cringe in the presentation and no good games.

Also they're getting hype like "WOW 16 vs 16 TEAMS SO BIG" these motherfuckers clearly never heard of MAG, 128 vs 128 hype as shit FPS.

11. Afro Smash

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    RIP Rainbow Six Patriots, Siege looks ait.
    Far Cry 3 looks pretty crisp
    BF Hardline looks ait
    Mass Effect hnnnnnnnng
    DA hnnnnnnnnnnnng
    Mirrors Edge yes pls

SHAPE UP YH LFGI

12. Leslie Chow

Leslie Chow GO GO RED DEVILS

PO Trainer Name:
    Chris Jericho
    FINALLY! GTA V is released for PC . Excellent move by Rockstar Games. Also , Tomb Raiser 2 got me excited . FIFA 15 was a disappointment. Expected it to be more radical but its just a recycled FIFA 14. On the other hand, Sims 4 looks pretty amazing. Some other games like Bloodborne are also worth the hype. Overall, It was a nice E3 imo

13. Suigetsu

Suigetsu Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Stray Fox
    Well, Nintendo's conference is in 15 minutes!

I think I'll watch it live then all the others, pumped.

14. Dr. Doom

I watched Nintendo's E3 announcement and for the most part it was good. A few too many 2D platformers for my liking, but overall I liked what I saw.

Miis and Palutena in Smash Bros? Hell yeah, they look awesome
    Beyonetta 2 looks great too, Nintendo's Devil May Cry? Being developed by Platinum Games who also did Madworld and The Wonderful 101
    New Xenoblade Chronicles game looks epic, the last one was great so hopefully this one will be to (hopefully a bit more forgiving)
    Yoshi's Wolly World? Couldn't care less.
    Mario Maker looks fun too, like LittleBigPlanet only not shit
    The new Legend of Zelda game looks great graphically, and if you found Skyward Sword too enclosed, this appears to be the solution. Coming out 2015.
    Splatoon - not my kind of game, but could still be interesting
    Hyrule Warriors also looks really good fun - the bastard love child of Legend of Zelda & Dynasty Warrior with Devil May Cry watching from a chair

15. Suigetsu

Suigetsu Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Stray Fox
    Miis in smash bros was expected, but at least they didn't derp on it - gunner is iffy.
    Yoshi's Woolly World looks amazing imo, I want it, 2015 looking promising for nintendo.
    Mario Maker was a huge surprise, especially when it turned all 3D, liked the look of it.
    New LoZ game is only on Wii U, really mad about this esp. with Skyward Sword being on Wii too, fealing they're shunning the 3DS' side of Zelda. (I didn't get SS cus my wii is broke, and have no wii U so you can see why I'm pisssed.)
    Splatoon looks like a brilliant idea, not my cup of tea though.
    Hyrule Warriors again furthers my neglect of 3DS thing, I could care less though since its a hybrid and I've never played Dynasty Warrior (Although Impa has brilliant design in this game.)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  16. Dr. Doom

What are you talking about? Super Smash Bros is coming to the 3DS, there's Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby coming out this winter and Sonic Boom coming in November.

And there's already loads of great games out on the 3DS. A Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D Land, Fire Emblem Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario Kart 7 etc.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  17. Suigetsu

Suigetsu Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Stray Fox
    I mean on the Zelda side, for 3ds Link Between Worlds has been all its got. (PHG and ST were good but for DS only.)

Also keep in mind my bias due to lack of a Wii U.

18. Dr. Doom

Give it time, Link Between Worlds has only been out for a few months. I'm sure we'll get another one in a couple of years. I don't want LoZ to become a yearly instalments thing - I'll take quality over quantity every time.

19. Space-Medafighter-X

Space-Medafighter-X Tohjo

PO Trainer Name:
    Tohjo
    Looks like Nintendo won E3, by announcing a slew of new games and, most importantly, Star Fox U and an open world, non-linear Zelda for the Wii U.

20. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Can't wait to see speedruns of Zelda-U. Sounds like it has dickloads of Glitch Potential. Maybe not OoT level though.
    Splatoon actually looks really cool. But the "swim up walls" mechanic looks like it'll have some serious bug issues at first.
    Hyrule Warriors is too silly not to love. I love Dynasty Warriors.
    Mario Creator sounds like a flash game that already exists. Also its share feature is going to be full of straight up impossible levels (unless they force you to complete it before sharing, which seems fair).
    Xenoblade can't look "good" because we didn't see any game. We saw an anime cutscene.
    New Punch-Out without motion controls pls.

21. Afro Smash

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    [​IMG]
    Pacman confirmed, look at dem mascots

22. Wander

Wander Shitty Wizard

[​IMG]

soon sweet child

Afro Smash likes this.
  23. Dr. Doom

Saw a vide of people playing Mario Maker at E3 - looks really good fun:

24. Sunny Girl

Sunny Girl Goodbye, sweet summer days.

PO Trainer Name:
    Cassandra
    The Attack on Titan Tribute game is nonsense.

25. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

Steam sale is upon us. Since I just built a gaming desktop I am going to be going all out on this sale. Yesterday I picked up witcher 1 and 2 as well as farcry 3. Ive already played witcher 2 on xbox and it was an extremely solid game, so if anyone is thinking of picking it up while it is still 4 bucks, I would go for it. Are their any of the other daily sales that people would recommend? Im mainly looking for rpgs, but anything solid I will look at picking up.

26. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

@IFM
    Super Meat Boy is worth every penny even at full price, but it's like 4 bucks atm (probably, £2.50 in real money)
    C&C Red Alert 3 worth it.
    Dark Souls, since it'll probably go on sale at some point.
    In fact Meatboy is worth it just for this track alone:

Pretty fuckin' hype for this sale tbh

Afro Smash likes this.
  27. Sunny Girl

Sunny Girl Goodbye, sweet summer days.

PO Trainer Name:
    Cassandra
    I started playing EQII on Steam, and it sucks really bad, so I got the Amnesia: Dork Descent demo, and it's pretty okay.

28. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Bump. Few games I've played recently because why not. I'm late playing most but hey. Someone might be later than me.
    - The Witcher is horrendously boring. Especially for how long it is, that mono-button combat and overly extensive "cut-scenes" for everything. I'm pretty sure this game would still have been boring if I played it in 2008.
    - Trials Fusion is pretty great, that is until they decided to introduce the "FMX" system as required for a few stages, it's just no fun at all. Still worth playing though.
    - Far Cry 3 was cool until I got rekt by a QTE disguised as a tiger.
    - Heroes of Might and Magic 5 is baller through and through. Put many hours into HM&M3, probably will with this one too.
    - Don't need to tell anyone that Civ 5 is good.
    - If you haven't played Dark Souls yet, do it.

Sniper Elite V2, Risen 1 and 2, HM&H6 to go.

29. Afro Smash

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    Don't listen to Devo, The Witcher Enhanced is a great game!

30. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

For someone who liked the second Witcher game should I go back and play the first? Got them both in the steam sale, but it isn't high up in my priority list.

31. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

If the combat in Witcher 2 is still very generously timed clicking (and remembering the right stance) and every minor action still has a 10 second cut-scene for it and you enjoyed that, then you should give it a shot.

32. Draciel

Draciel ALLEZ! ALLEZ! ALLEZ!

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    Skyrim and Borderlands 2 : RPG and FPS legends respectively.

Tried the Baldur's Gate 2 EE recenty but its so full of glitches :(

33. Elements

Elements BOOMER SOONER

PO Trainer Name:
    Elements
    I'm getting pretty excited for Tales of Xillia 2 coming out on Tuesday. I think the only people I know of that play this series is pokemonnerd and Fuzzysqurl. Super hyped about it. God, I'm fighting the temptation of watching some of those jackasses who got the game early doing their English "walkthroughs".

34. Elements

Elements BOOMER SOONER

PO Trainer Name:
    Elements
    Double post.

I got Xillia 2 on the 19th and I have to say I'm completely in love with this game. If anyone has played a tales game this is probably one of the best ones.