1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[BW2 UU] The Stall Wars

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Im_The_Devil, Dec 5, 2011.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Im_The_Devil

Im_The_Devil I liek cookiez x3

Stall Wars
    I. At a glance:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/HIDE]
    Edited on 12/18/2011* [​IMG]
    This is where i am at with this team now.

II. Summary
    welcome to my rmt!
    This team, i admit features the very basic uu stall core of once used to be Roserade, Snorlax, Slowbro, and donphan.
    This team literally walls everything with the exception of some pokemon you have to work around. exp: Abomasnow, Sabeye, LO Alakazam...
    When roserade was banned the only pokemon that can fill her shoes was her close daughter/pre-evo roselia. This team is easy to use. Abuse Roselia's natural cure and set up hazards. Phaze with snorlax and shelgon. While mismagius provides revenge killing and slowbro for the set up sweeper role.

III. In depth analysis:
    [​IMG]
    Donphan​

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Head Smash
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin

Donphan serves as a physically bulky rapid spinner that can also stealth rock. Its niche is that it can also deliver a thunderous and valuable Earthquake or a Head smash. Head Smash is to max the damage output for a ohko on some of the spin blockers (mismagius) in the uu metagame. Switch donphan in on a physical attack and set up stealth rocks. Be weary however, Donphan is not a suicide lead nor will it ever serve as one (unless you have no choice aka, death fodder). It would prove to be a pivotal attacker late in the game. SO, SAVE IT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[​IMG]
    Roselia​

(Roselia) (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Spikes
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rest

Behold poeople. I once used Roserade as merely a hazard setter, and by all means it was hell of a good one. Thank you natural cure. Also, its sludge bomb deals super effective damage to a grass types which is much needed since roselia is my leech seed conductor. Roselia is much slower then roserade, but that i have to live with. It along with snowlax makes my special wall duo. It sets up hazards with ease. Which is what i need.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[​IMG]
    Mismagius​

(Mismagius) (F) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Trick
    - Shadow Ball
    - Heal Bell

You may say i overloaded Mismagius with obligations. Fear not. It's a revenge killer at its finest. Beats every spinner bar the likes of Cryongal, and maybe Hitmontop. Always anticipate that sucker punch from hitmontop. Trick + Specs is there to beat pokemons such as Mandibuzz which can be a real threat with out my trusty mismagius. Why healbell if i have 2 status absorbers? mind you, a increasing amount of offensive pokemons carrys a will o wisp or toxic. Yes, it is only there really for donphan, shellgon, slowbro, and mismagius, but for any stall team a heal beller achieves maximum usefulness. Mismagius can heal bell even with specs, this team is made to literally wall everything. So switching often usually is not a big deal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[​IMG]
    Slowbro​

(Slowbro) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Psyshock
    - Surf
    - Slack Off
    My physical wall. Slowbro over suicune is because of Regenerator, a reliable recovery, and a better set up sweeper then suicune will ever be. It can take out a plethora of physical sweeper that shellgon or Donphan might be shaky to take out. This team needs a good physical wall + set up sweeper and Slowbro provides just that. It covers even more range of physical sweepers that just patches my team to make it more the impenetrable to physical sweepers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[​IMG]
    Snorlax​

(Snorlax) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Sleep Talk
    - Crunch
    - Whirlwind

The premier special wall in uu sures up my special side and delivers whirlwinds. It phazes and takes out ghost types such as mismagius with its crunch. That's why i chose crunch as my attack move of choice instead of lets say body slam. Comes in on nearly any special sweeper, if it feals endangered it can just whirlwind. If to threatened you might want to switch. If not, it can slowly chip away with crunch. The reason i don't put body slam is honestly the sole reason of mismagius. With body slam, a mismagius can sweep this team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[​IMG]
    Shelgon​

(Shelgon) (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Rock Head
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Roar
    - Protect
    - Wish
    - Flamethrower

This lil' shell, is literally a physically defensive beast. Take this as a example. A choice banded Rhyperior with ice punch 3HKOs my shelgon. Shellgon is my premire physical wall in this team thanks to its incredible typing. Flamethrower is there to surprise Durants and Escalviers (hehehe), but it gives Shellgon the ability to slowly chip away at opponents health as it wishes. Use this as your primary defensive wall. It has more security then using donphan or slowbro, because it can always phaze if the opponent gets to much bulk ups or sword dances.

IV. Conclusion:
    Some threats i can list of my heads are... Roaring Empoleons, Abomasnow, Hail teams in general, Alakazam (a real nuisance), and NPing porygon-z (also a real nuisance)
    Remember that hazards are important, and this team is based off on hazards. Take every opportunity to set them up. If that means switching, and if its safe. By all means do it. After you got hazards up, slowly wither it away with the rest of your walls. Every moveset is set in stone, except for mismagius which i have been changing and testing. Anyhow, This team literally wall almost everything, and some pokemons like the one's i mentioned above can give you problems. However most can be worked around. Good luck, and Happy stalling :D

V. Threat List:
    coming soon :)[/HIDE]

VI. Importable::
    Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Head Smash
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin

[EG]Noel (Mismagius) (F) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Trick
    - Shadow Ball
    - Heal Bell

YamiChan (Roselia) (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Spikes
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rest

TwistedCosmo (Slowbro) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Psyshock
    - Surf
    - Slack Off

[CD]Alice (Snorlax) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Sleep Talk
    - Crunch
    - Whirlwind
    - Rest

Liek A C4 (Shelgon) (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Rock Head
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Roar
    - Protect
    - Wish
    - Flamethrower[/HIDE]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  2. Twisted Cosmos

Twisted Cosmos Hope = giving up.

Solid team there devil.
    I wouldnt know how to use it and I suck at stall so I cant really be of much help.
    But I know that the key to win against stall is predictions and if you get predicted you're done :3
    Anyways good luck with dem walls
    also
    Pro.

3. NeverEver

NeverEver New Member

zomg! Your right this team walls everything. /stole
    So far, I see threats in LO alakazam, Ambomasnow, NPing Porygonz.
    it can be worked out though. Alakazam and Poryz has Snorlax. Even if that doesn't hold up. This team has to count on Sturdy Donphan as long it still has it.
    This team is really well made. Good job!

4. Im_The_Devil

they are threats, indeed.
    one honorable mention is roaring empoleon
    those can be nasty. I guess Mismagius can attack it, but only that.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  5. Liberty Figter

Liberty Figter Member

Threats I see:

Knock off destroys you, in a very bad way, lol. You have Mismagius for Trick, so that's less of a problem.
    Banded Hera also runs train- 2HKOing Shelgon, OHKOing Slowbro, 2HKOing Donphan, thanks to the Guts it will have from your T-Spikes. Mismagius can come in after to Revenge, but Hera will get a KO every switch in.
    Also, Sub/Toxic Machamp would be problematic I think. As with just one Confusion hit it can beat Slowbro.
    Finally, NP Psyshock Azelf hurts, but is probably manageable.

All in all, solid stall team, and it makes me happy that someone is using Surf over scald : ).

6. Im_The_Devil

NP psyschock azelf can sweep this team (rely on donphan's sturdy) :P

That and wanted to bump this coz posted ladder rankings.
    Those are my rankings at the very moment with this team. To scared to go any further today....

7. GOthee

GOthee Member

The best tema of the day :D
    .One problem i see with your team are strong physical dark attackers and also users of pursuit, they can threaten your slowbro or mismagius, and they are done. I think your shelgon can use HP Bug, so he surprises physics type u may encounter and revenge kill the dark type that has been bothering you(zoroark, weavile,etc etc.) while also hitting grass types. The only problem with this is that u wont hit Bisharp as hard as with flamethrower .That was my effort to find at least a bit wrong, cause your team is almost perfect..Good job.

8. Im_The_Devil

Physical sweeping dark types other then weavile are walled by Shelgon.
    Use shelgon to take a physical hit and not slowbro. You need to use slowbro when against flygon or machamp.
    Shelgon can wall nearly every physical sweeper uu has to offer. IT CAN PHASE
    Snorlax can wall nearly every special sweeper uu has to offer. IT CAN PHASE
    Between then, only 3 type weakness exist. Which are Dragon, Ice and fight!
    Although both have no type synergy, they do so good at walling each other it simply does not matter anymore.
    This is your defensive core.

Slowbro can take a dark type attack quite well. It takes night slash at least 3 hits to ko slowbro.

BIGGEST THREAT: NPing Togekiss
    Big threats: NPing Porygonz, NPing + psychock azelf, Draco Metoer Flygon, SDing Weavile
    Moderate threats: Alakazam, banded heracross, and Abomasnow (hail teams)
    threats: Sigilith, Empoleon, and Cryongal (mismagius can't handle)
    Any suggestions?

Also, I am fixing this team a bit. I was thinking in lines of changing a few pokemons around and make this team able to check those pokemons listed above.
    The team i am testing right now consist of...
    Roselia, Snorlax, Shelgon, Mismagius, Hitmontop, and Bronzong.
    This lineup will cover most of this teams weakness, yet hopefully still maintains the "wall everything" style of play.

Flamethrower on shelgon is used against Durant and Escalvier.
    OKAY?
    If something else is used. Im afraid i have to add those 2 pokemons on my threat list. Dark types are not big of a problem since my 2 core defenders (snorlax and shelgon) are both neutral to it.

Yes, Mismagius falls to pursuit. Can't help it. Substitute does not fit. Take away its choice specs, then i'll be clefable and cradily weak. Besides substitute can not always have perfect timing to block a pursuit.
    Common users of pursuit: Spiritomb, Krookodile, and weavile.
    PS: Zoroak sucks! Shelgon rulez!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
Moderators: Edna, fsk