1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[BW2] NU Threatlist

Discussion in 'Gen 5 NU' started by VuvuzelaΒzz, Jan 7, 2012.

1. VuvuzelaΒzz

VuvuzelaΒzz •Sage

PO Trainer Name:
    Stephen Colbur
    Offensive Threats:[secret]
    [​IMG]Cinccino:
    [​IMG]Exeggutor:
    [​IMG]Haunter:
    [​IMG]Eelektross:
    [​IMG]Sawk:
    [​IMG]Aerodactyl:
    [​IMG]Emboar:
    [​IMG]Torterra:
    [​IMG]Poliwrath:
    [​IMG]Klinklang:
    [​IMG]Duosion:
    [​IMG]Altaria:
    [​IMG]Crawdaunt:
    [​IMG]Archeops:
    [​IMG]Crustle:
    [​IMG]Ursaring:
    [​IMG]Golurk:
    [​IMG]Rapidash:
    [​IMG]Pinsir:
    [​IMG]Gurdurr:
    [​IMG]Kadabra:
    [​IMG]Machoke:
    [​IMG]Skuntank:
    [​IMG]Floatzel:
    [​IMG]Electivire:
    [​IMG]Musharna:
    [​IMG]Banette:
    [​IMG]Zweilous:
    [​IMG]Dugtrio:
    [​IMG]Rhydon:
    [​IMG]Rotom-S:
    [​IMG]Persian:
    [​IMG]Ampharos:
    [​IMG]Carracosta:
    [​IMG]Victreebel:
    [​IMG]Raichu:
    [​IMG]Rotom-F:
    [​IMG]Samurott:
    [​IMG]Golem:
    [​IMG]Butterfree:
    [​IMG]Dragonair:
    [​IMG]Linoone:
    [​IMG]Hariyama:
    [​IMG]Tauros:
    [​IMG]Ludicolo:
    [​IMG]Drifblim:
    [​IMG]Zebstraika:
    [​IMG]Arbok:
    [​IMG]Pikachu:
    [​IMG]Combusken:
    [​IMG]Shiftry:
    [​IMG]Simipour:
    [​IMG]Simisear:
    [​IMG]Throh:
    [​IMG]Marowak:
    [​IMG]Mightyena:
    [​IMG]Dodrio:
    [​IMG]Kangaskhan:
    [​IMG]Slaking:
    [/secret]

Defensive Threats:[secret]
    [​IMG]Exeggutor:
    [​IMG]Torkoal:
    [​IMG]Torterra:
    [​IMG]Armaldo:
    [​IMG]Poliwrath:
    [​IMG]Wartortle:
    [​IMG]Amoongus:
    [​IMG]Altaria:
    [​IMG]Alomomola:
    [​IMG]Crustle:
    [​IMG]Lickilicky:
    [​IMG]Audino:
    [​IMG]Roselia:
    [​IMG]Frillish:
    [​IMG]Metang:
    [​IMG]Regice:
    [​IMG]Grumpig:
    [​IMG]Whimsicott:
    [​IMG]Musharna:
    [​IMG]Serperior:
    [​IMG]Rhydon:
    [​IMG]Misdreavus:
    [​IMG]Garbodor:
    [​IMG]Regirock:
    [​IMG]Articuno:
    [​IMG]Lapras:
    [​IMG]Muk:
    [​IMG]Flareon:
    [​IMG]Ludicolo:
    [​IMG]Meganium:
    [​IMG]Hypno:
    [​IMG]Golbat:
    [​IMG]Probopass:
    [​IMG]Leafeon:
    [​IMG]Togetic:
    [​IMG]Vileplume:
    [​IMG]Shelgon:
    [​IMG]Luxray:
    [​IMG]Stunfisk:
    [/secret]

The threats shall be put in order according to priority in the future. Sets shall be added as well.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. fidgety

fidgety Active Member

U r missing Lapras from offense (I'm out and out insulted by this one), Torkoal, Frilish, and Simisear. There are no doubt other but those are the ones I found thus far.

3. VuvuzelaΒzz

VuvuzelaΒzz •Sage

PO Trainer Name:
    Stephen Colbur
    I asked Luck about Lapras, he said not to include it. Torkoal is not an offensive threat, I forgot the other two.

4. swampertman

swampertman I'm Not Important

I at least think Lapras should be included somewhere. It has Specs and Dragon Dance and also sometimes it is a cleric (it's defenses are pretty good). Regigigas also sort of a threat (i'm not sure if it is offenseive or defensive, though) and Flareon is missing from the defensive and Drfiblim from Offensive.

5. Machineae

Machineae ex NU leader

Regigigas is usually offensive, stalling for the five turns is its own version of "setting up". I wouldn't say Lapras is an offensive threat due to stats. Its more suited for a defensive/utility role.

6. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

In Lapras' case, 85 base special attack is getting you no where, and DD is really more for the surprise factor than actually useful. Ludicolo or Simipour severely outclass it offensively, since Thunderbolt really doesn't help you beat that many threats that the other two wouldn't and are faster plus lack the rocks weakness.

7. fidgety

fidgety Active Member

@Vuvu I missed Torkoal on that list (for whatever reason the find feature on FF wasn't going through the stuff in the secret tags).

8. WizzleKidd

WizzleKidd Wizzlin' PO since Feb '11

So according to you guys, Rampardos and Zweilous aren't offensive threats?

9. Machineae

Machineae ex NU leader

Maybe he just forgot them?

10. VuvuzelaΒzz

VuvuzelaΒzz •Sage

PO Trainer Name:
    Stephen Colbur

Forgot Zweilus, but Ramparados really isn't a factor when it comes to teambuilding, seeing as Rhydon outclasses it in pretty much every way. The point of the threatlist is tihngs that should/can be taken into account when teambuilding, and Ramparados really isn't one of those things.

11. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

The problem with Rampardos is that literally its only use is to Head Smash things into oblivion, which Aggron is better at doing anyway since it isn't nearly as frail and doesn't take the recoil.

12. Django

Django UNCHAINED

Silly nerd, Aggron is LU.

But yeah, Rampardos normally never comes up when building a team.

On Torkaol, Shell Smash is usable but it should still be classed under Defensive, as its only purpose is to beat Spin Blockers.

13. pokemonnerd

Yeah, I got confused with which tier's forum I was in. Oops.

14. twofivefive

twofivefive don't call it a comeback

You want us to write analyses for the Pokemon on the threatlist?

Also, can we add Mr. Mime for offensive threats? It gets Nasty Plot and decent coverage.

15. Hipster

Hipster Banned

I think we should put duosion up as a threat.

Firstly, it has two extremely potent boosting moves: calm mind and acid armor.

Acid armor brings defense up +2 and calm mind brings Sp def up +1

If it sets up 1 acid armor, it's already a tank if it has eviolite. If it sets up calm mind, it can literally sweep entire teams. Calm mind/acid armor/ psychic/ recover duosion is the one I use, and it's pretty strong if you take out the opponent's dark type pokemon. you used to be able to counter it with jynx, but now that that's gone, you can't. I'm kind of in a rush, so if anyone wants to put in what I didn't feel free.

Adding to what I said before, there isn't anything that can ohko it or 2hko it after it begins setting up. Poison and leech seed don't effect it, so stall doesn't work. It's an op tank and must be suspected

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
  16. VuvuzelaΒzz

VuvuzelaΒzz •Sage

PO Trainer Name:
    Stephen Colbur
    Duosion is already on the list. This isn't the thread to nominate things for suspecting.

As far as Mr.Mime goes, now that Jynx is gone I guess it's a valid threat. I'll add it when I have a bit more free time.

17. TheUserFormerlyKnownAsFPT

TheUserFormerlyKnownAsFPT Woof

If you're leaving out stuff like Rampardos and Lapras (oh and Specsfisk), then why is Mightyena on the offensive list? Never seen it in action, so just wondering. Even with Moxie and a half-decent attack stat, it's move pool is terribad.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  18. VuvuzelaΒzz

VuvuzelaΒzz •Sage

PO Trainer Name:
    Stephen Colbur
    Because as I've said before, Ramparados is covered by preparing for things like Rhydon. You don't have to so anything teambuilding-wise to stop it. If you don't pack something to take it Mightyena can sweep you as seen in this log:

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay--Random--vs-xdevo14--2011-09-25

When you consider the amount of common resist's to Mightyena's STAB in the tier currently, it's not very large. If you honestly think Ramparados, Lapras and Specsfisk are bigger threats than Mightyena and should be on the list and the leaders agree with you and edit it, fine. I couldn't care less. This isn't a favourites list, it's a threatlist. It's honestly not even my responsibility to do it or maintain it. I just took the initiative of making it for YOUR(the playersbase's) benefit. It was never my plan to deal with people bitching about their favourites not being on the list and I'm not going to. Any bitching from this point on should be aimed at the leaders, not me. The welfare of the tier is their responsibility after all. They can judge what's worth being on the list(oh and it's already been explained by THEM why Lapras isn't on the offensive threat list, just saying).

19. pokemonnerd

Despite me bitching at Vuvu about leaving this half complete, I'll start sorting this out when I have the chance. It would be a waste to just bin it anyway.

Thanks for giving us a starting outline, though. Although you should have expected people doing things like this when you posted it.

If anyone has any problems with something being on the list or its absence from it, then I'll explain from this post onward.

20. topah

topah Active Member

Ninjask should be somewhere b/c obvious.

21. Machineae

Machineae ex NU leader

22. Marche Radiuju

Marche Radiuju crush it casually

PO Trainer Name:
    Juggler
    I suggest ordering by alphabetical order, because that would make it much easier to tell which pokemon is where, not to mention the variable of 'priority'.

I question why Arbok and Pikachu are there, when they aren't going to be the biggest threats to any team, ever. Maybe they could punch a hole, but many other pokemon also on that list could punch the same hole, while doing other stuff at the same time.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  23. pokemonnerd

I guess I'll start sorting this tomorrow or Wednesday, I've been extremely busy lately. I'm reading everyone's suggestions so far though; this is definitely not what the completed product will look like.

24. Mamoswined

Mamoswined New Member

Klinklang- once it gets behind a substitute and does 2-3 gear shifts it is very hard to stop. In fact, I've never seen it stopped in any battle I've been in or watched.

25. Plumbum

Plumbum The Ultimate n00b

I concurr - Klinklang sweeps like nobody's business, and it can set up without a sub or by using screens.

EDIT: Natu definitely needs listing as a defensive threat - a great dual screener and a Bouncer, in spite of it's terrible stats.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012