1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[BW2 UU] Death by Bunnies - A Rabbit-themed Team! (Gen 5 UU RMT)

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by jyuri, Mar 26, 2012.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. jyuri

jyuri New Member

Easter is coming, and that means...BUNNIES! Presenting to you,

"
    Death by Bunnies!
    "

Well, I like rabbits, and I like Pokemon, and while I don't like rabbit pokemon as much as I do weasel Pokemon (coughMienshao), flying hedgehog pokemon (coughSkymin) or ferret Pokemon (coughLinoone), I still like them quite a bit, and definitely I do like them enough to build a team around them. Building a team full of rabbit or vaguely rabbit-like pokemon has been one of my dreams since I first started competitive Pokemon battling, but this project got shelved for a while cos my skillz sucked and it hurts to keep losing. Even if you're losing with bunnies. Then a while ago I decided to resurrect this team, and I was pleasantly surprised with the result. Enough preamble though, time for DEATH BY BUNNIES!!!!!

Team building:

[secret]
    First, I started with the 3 un-arguably rabbit pokemon: Lopunny, Victini, and Azumarill.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Then I listed out all the Pokemon that could conceivably be rabbit-ish:

Leafeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Umbreon, Eevee (lol), Aggron, all Nido___s, Maractus (lol), Swampert, Suicune, Plusle/Minun (double lol).

Jolteon and Vaporeon were out cos this team isn't going to survive in OU, lol. My existing team can't take much hits, so I needed a special tank and a physical tank. Umbreon is a boss special wall, and as for a physical wall, I went with Leafeon to complete the FWG set and to pass SD boosts.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

At first, I had Nidoking in the last slot cos I used him in OU, but with all those stronf fire-types in UU, I brought in CBSwampert for the 4x fire resist.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Well I forgot both my walls were bug weak and Heracross was killing me. So were Toxic Spikes without Nidoking on board. Nidoqueen replaced Swampert and Leafeon changed from a wall to a fast attacker to prevent bulky waters walling me (Victini and Azumarill getting walled).

And that's it!
    [/secret]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Now for the team proper.

Sexy Bunny!
    [​IMG]
    Sexy Bunny (Lopunny) (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Klutz
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Switcheroo
    - Thunder Wave
    - Magic Coat
    - Encore

Like some girls I know, Lopunny is hot, but also very irritating. Haha. My usual lead (well, anti-lead). Since I don't have a spinner, Magic Coat stops hazards and beats other Taunters (Crobat/Sableye/Deoxys-D) before they are further crippled with a Choice Scarf. AND a Thunder Wave, which most attackers don't like. Encore cos I needed something to beat stat-uppers other than Roar on Nidoqueen. I used to run a Flame Orb as the held item, which is way better against Steel attackers which can't be toxiced by Umbreon (Escavalier) and physical attackers, but I have no shortage of semi-physically bulky mons (Azu/Leafeon/Umbreon). Also used to run Healing Wish over Encore (usually to revive either Umbreon or Nidoqueen for walling), but it was usually a case of too little too late. Not convinced tho.

Bubble Bunny!
    [​IMG]
    Bubble Bunny (Azumarill) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Aqua Jet
    - Ice Punch

SubPunch, not CB Azumarill, cos one of the main ways this team wins is for Leafeon to baton pass SD boosts to Azumarill and CB keeps me vulnerable to status and locked into one move. Everyone expects CB which is good tho, just Sub as they switch. HP EVs to survive Darmanitan/Chandelure/Arcanine and their Flare Blitzes and Overheat and threaten the KO, and cos a dead BP recipient is useless. Aqua Jet for priority, Ice punch for Grasses, and Focus Punch for Steels. Hates bulky psychics (Slowbro/Mew).

Veggie Bunny!
    [​IMG]
    Veggie Bunny (Leafeon) (F) @ Miracle Seed
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Synthesis
    - Leaf Blade
    - Baton Pass

Leafeon's bulk and fairly good speed allows fairly successful baton passing or sweeping, even. The usual recipient is Azumarill, which shrugs off Ice or Fire attacks aimed at Leafeon, and nobody will send Electric or Grass attacks at Leafeon. Miracle Seed to cut down Life Orb recoil which can add up if i need to get something out of the way before passing a boost and cos the objective with Leafeon is mainly baton passing first and sweeping second. Also, a lot of opponents try to burn or poison Leafeon when they see SD and all the damage adds up... Synthesis for recovery.

Moonlight Bunny!
    [​IMG]
    MoonlightBun (Umbreon) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Wish
    - Heal Bell
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    The glue of this team! This thing is so boss, it walls practically every special attacker in the tier (special Fighting attacks are rarely seen, which helps). Zapdos, Chandelure, Togekiss, Raikou, you name it, it dies to Wish, Protect and Toxic after looking thoroughly silly. It's an awesome cleric and Wish passer too.

Mummy Bunny!
    [​IMG]
    Mummy Bunny (Nidoqueen) (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Roar
    - Earth Power
    - Flamethrower

The physically bulky one, useful to absorb Toxic Spikes which otherwise stop Azumarill from sweeping and wear down Victini, and my main Heracross counter. Earth Power for STAB, and Flamethrower to get rid of bug-types like Escavalier and Heracross. Life Orb over Leftovers cos Sheer Force abuse is useful to OHKO things that don't except that much power coming from a bulky Nidoqueen, like Cobalion and Chandelure. Plus I can always pass Wishes from Umbreon. Roar cos I lack a phazer and Toxic Spikes to help wear stuff down.

V for Venbunny!
    [​IMG]
    V4Venbunny (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Victory Star
    - V-create
    - Fusion Bolt
    - Zen Headbutt
    - U-turn

Scarfed, cos Victini is going to switch around a lot anyway if spamming V-create due to the speed drop. The scarf helps Victini net surprise KOs on things that think they will be faster after one V-create -usually I manage to outspeed twice instead of once which is all I would get when using Life Orb/CB. Fusion Bolt for waters, Zen Headbutt for STAB and fightings and U turn whenever I see Chandelure, Houndoom or Arcanine. Helps a lot with Sableye (can't be WoWed) if Lopunny has failed to cripple it.

Problem list:
    Darmanitan/Arcanine: Probably the two which give me the most problems. Physical, so Umbreon can't wall them, and Nidoqueen doesn't like too many hits from them either. Azumarill can handle both of them but usually I need to sac something to get it in safely. Nidoqueen can handle Arcanine if locked into Close Combat, but not Flare Blitz.

Heracross: Much better after I got Nidoqueen on board, which can roast with Flamethrower. Else Victini to outspeed with V-create.

Slowbro: Toxic stall with Umbreon, or boost up with Leafeon. Is a problem tho if Leafeon is down and Slowbro is already burned or paralysed.

Machamp: With Lopunny not having Flame Orb, and Machamp having Ice Punch for Nidoqueen, the 100% confusion hax can be a problem since I have more physical attackers than special. Hopefully Victini can KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Chandelure: Umbreon totally walls it even if it uses HP Fighting (lol). The problem comes when Umbreon is down, or it is behind a sub and can't be toxiced. Azumarill can try to break the sub but if Chandelure has Energy Ball, GG.

Cradily (!): Can be a problem if not Toxiced, since it can't be phazed if it starts using Curse, and the only thing I have that can hit it super effectively is SubPunch. Still, it's not too common thankfully.

[secret]
    Stoutland: Nidoqueen or Leafeon to take the hits and wear it down to Aqua Jet range. Hopefully, it's poisoned too so Umbreon can help with stall. Of course it is only a threat under sand with Sand Rush.

Flygon: Umbreon toxic stall or Ice Punch/Aqua Jet (depending on whether behind sub) from Azumarill.

Deoxys-D: Lopunny says hi. Especially if it's one of those that have Night Shade. A Choice Scarfed, paralysed, self (Mirror Coat)-Taunted Deoxys-D can sometimes induce a ragequit.

Empoleon: Nidoqueen outspeeds and 2HKOs. Or, Azumarill SubPunch.

Raikou/Zapdos: Umbreon says lolToxic.
    [/secret]

Thanks for reading! Any advice or comments would be very much appreciated. If you'd like to suggest any changes, do remeber that this is a rabbit-themed team, so a few rules: (1) Victini, Azumarill and Lopunny MUST be included, and (2) I only accept things that look like rabbits. The list can be found in the team-building process. If you want to suggest something else, you can try to justify it but no guarantees I will accept it.

Importable:
    [secret]
    Veggie Bunny (Leafeon) (F) @ Miracle Seed
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Synthesis
    - Leaf Blade
    - Baton Pass

Sexy Bunny (Lopunny) (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Klutz
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Switcheroo
    - Thunder Wave
    - Magic Coat
    - Encore

Mummy Bunny (Nidoqueen) (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Roar
    - Earth Power
    - Flamethrower

Bubble Bunny (Azumarill) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Aqua Jet
    - Ice Punch

V4Venbunny (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Victory Star
    - V-create
    - Fusion Bolt
    - Zen Headbutt
    - U-turn

MoonlightBun (Umbreon) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Wish
    - Heal Bell
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    [/secret]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Dr. Fuji
    your lead is the epitome of trolliness 10/10.
    I like the combo of leafeon/azumarill but I would change your leafeon set either make it a sweeper that passes when it hits a wall it cannot break with a life orb or make it a bulkier supporter with 252 hp and synthesis/substitute over return.

Life orb on a wall set is silly even with sheer force negating it's recoil I think you want lefties anyways also icebeam + earthpower gets much better coverage.

3. Darklight

Darklight Nothing is True

Lol this team is funny but a few suggestions, Remove life orb on your nidoqueen with Lefties, since it's main purpose it defending not attacking. having no attack moves on your Umbreon is pretty bad too, which means that Taunters can easily shut it down or any pokemon can put on a sub setup and destroy your team. and you shouldn't really run max speed on your Victini since you are going scarf, add some evs in HP, since V Create will slow you down anyway. and you sure you want a Swords Dance receiving Azumarill over CB one? With Choice Band it will get +3 Attack in one turn, killing everything, but your choice.

4. jyuri

jyuri New Member

Thanks for the comments :)

Leafeon: I changed return to synthesis cos as Mewthree said, return doesn't do very much. I find that Leafeon appreciates the extra recovery for a second attempt at passing a boost or to hold off poison/burn long enough. But I'm still leaving it as Jolly +Atk/Spd: Jolly+Spd is a definite to quickly switch into Azumarill to tank the fire and ice moves aimed at Leafeon. Atk over HP cos I need a solid grass attack, or else the likes of Slowbro, Suicune, Hippowdon, Unaware Quagsire, and Swampert wall Azu and Victini to death and can kill off Nidoqueen with STAB Water/Ground attacks. Umbreon can defeat these with Toxic stall, but I don't want to rely too much on these cos of Sub and cos Umbreon CAN die -.- The other thing I might consider is X Scissor over Synthesis for Mew, but I don't think it does enough to Mew to justify including it. Or not?

Nidoqueen: I tried out Leftovers over Life Orb. I noticed that now I don't always OHKO some things, notably Escavalier (flamethrower) or Nidoking (Earth Power) at full health. Of course the extra recovery helps the walli-ness and I can switch Nidoqueen in more. Sticking with Lefties for now but needs more testing...

Azumarill: sorry Darklight, I think CB Azumarill is too predictable and with SD boosts I don't feel a need to run it. If I used CB, I would still mostly be hitting with Aqua Jet to patch up Azu's horrible speed, which would leave me open to a lot more things than just bulky Psychics and Waters due to Aqua Jet's low BP. With something that doesn't lock me into a move, I can get a Sub to block status or a Grass/electric move and hit back with a gigantic Focus Punch on bulky stuff. Also, without those SD boosts, SubPunch has less powerful Aqua Jets but the Focus Punch helps against things lie Cradily and Stoutland that give trouble otherwise, and is less expected (everyone tinks it's CB so I usually get a sub).

Umbreon: I've seen Payback on other Umbreon, it doesn't do much to anything except Victini and then only if Victini hits first. Besides, I can't think of anything to cut: Heal Bell is needed cos everyone tries to burn or poison Leafeon and Azu as well as Umbreon itself, Wish/Protect is for Wish passing which saves my team a lot, and Toxic to wear down special attackers. Besides, Lopunny can Magic Coat Taunt and encore Subs and boosts allowing Nidoqueen to phaze or something to break the sub.

5. jyuri

jyuri New Member

After some testing, I'm more in favour of sticking with the Life Orb on Nidoqueen as I don't have any other special attackers and my physical attackers aren't really very hard-hitting with the exception of V-create (which can only be used one, maybe 2 times before Victini switches out). On the physical side, Umbreon walls pretty well (it always walls and kills Flygon with Toxic unless it's Band Flygon which I haven't seen very much), Leafeon has good Def, and Azumarill, while it's something that I'll like to preserve for the priority and the hope of sweeping with a SD boost, can also handle powerful physical attackers like Victini and Darm. Whereas, with Leftovers, I noticed that I don't OHKO Cobalion and Escavalier, and even if I hit Heracross with a Flamethrower, it's usually not within aqua jet range. This leaves me a bit more Heracross weak since Nidoqueen can't switch in repeatedly without Wish support, but Victini can revenge or azumarill can use priority.

Any other comments or thoughts?

Moderators: Edna, fsk