1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Resolved] Having troubles starting PO or connecting servers? Check this first!

Discussion in 'Help' started by Lamperi, Apr 10, 2012.

Moderators: E.T., Zoroark
  1. Demonic10

Demonic10 New Member

I have before and since tried to reload the file to no avail, however my issue is "resolved" by downloading the windows version and using it on wine. Not sure why it doesn't work but I don't know enough about this kind of thing to be able to help solve the problem.

2. Nikonikonikooo

Nikonikonikooo New Member

I am having the same problems as Scarmask..
    I have been completely unable to use Pokemon Online for months and months. I've reinstalled, tried Wine.. No fire wall, followed all of the troubleshooting and still not able to see the registry and still not able to connect to anything. Please help, I just really want to play Pokemon :'(

3. Art Murders

Art Murders New Member

I'm running on a Mac OS X

The problem I'm experiencing is this: I can open PO, go through team builder, see server registry, prompted with password, and even be chat in the chat room. But as soon as I begin a battle I get an unexpected crash every time. I've re downloaded and reinstalled on three different occasions with the most recent version. Prior to the PO Mac version update (most recent), I never had a problem and now I do. Is the version not compatible or something?

4. Fluorspar

Fluorspar New Member

I'm running Windows7, has generally been working fine until recently. Now when I try logging on I get "Connected to server" then nothing. I can click all the menus and even the "Find battle" button, but nothing happens. Same goes for all servers.
    Weirdly, it worked once yesterday and has now returned to the same issue.

Okay, thoroughly confused: it works when I have my ethernet cable in. Even though I'm connecting to the same network over wireless...

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  5. ashy

ashy New Member

HTC One
    4.1.2 with branding

It just doesnt start :(

6. coyotte508

coyotte508 Well-Known Member Administrator Server Owner Administrator Server Owner

In a few hours 2.1.2 will be available on google play store... don't worry

7. matt92

matt92 New Member

How do I appeal to lift my ban? They gave me sht with this message:
    We are not responsible for other servers!

If users are causing trouble on your servers, then you are the ones who need to do something about it.

If you got "hacked" then you need to fix your security, and check to make sure that your scripts don't have anything hidden in them if you got them from forums other than PO, or if they are not official PO scripts. Make sure all your staff members have their nicknames registered.

If you have the IP address(es) of users who have been causing problems on your servers then here is some information on how to deal with problematic users. You can use this IP Lookup Tool to find out which ISP their IP belongs to. Then you can take screenshots, or whatever other evidence you have, and call the ISP or e-mail their abuse department. See this wiki article for more information on contacting ISPs.

If the user belongs to a reputable ISP, and you provide sufficient evidence that they are abusing their service (most ISPs have Terms of Service which forbid harassment and other abusive activity) then they will take action. Most ISPs will hand out warnings, but will terminate service for repeated offenses.

Furthermore, if the user is a minor living with his parents then it will be the parents who get contacted. We wish we could do more in this matter, but we simply develop the simulator and maintain our own server. We are happy to provide support on the forums, but there are limits as to what we can do for you.

Please stop contacting our developers and administrators directly about issues such as this. That's what the forums are for. We appreciate your understanding.

Pokémon Online Administration
    I just downloaded the game and want to battle. :(

8. Black Neko Gen

Black Neko Gen New Member

I can't join PO2. It always auto-disconnects.

9. TheyCallMeSuave

TheyCallMeSuave New Member

This is the error message I get:

Disconnected from the registry: Connection refused
    You can try a different connection by changing ports.Connection is taking longer than expected... You can try a different connection.

10. ChosenCatSlayer

ChosenCatSlayer New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    ChosenCatSlayer
    I have followed the chart provided (which is very nice, by the way) and all attempts of connecting have failed. I am on a private connection (cricket broadband) and I have opened room for PO in my firewall. This did not work, so I disabled the entire firewall- nothing. I am at a loss, and have no earthly clue on how to solve this issue. I am using Windows 8 and have the latest version of PO. This is the message I receive:

Error while connected to server -- Received error n°0: Connection refused

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

11. Steve

Steve Active Member Administrator Server Owner Administrator Server Owner

12. wiixpalex

wiixpalex New Member

Hi! I instaled po to my samsung galaxy Ace and the server list didn't appear.... I tried to copy the ip adress from screenshots but it says " connection failed"... What should I do?

13. Darkchespin

Darkchespin New Member

Hi im darkchespin im new idk how to play this game i would love to get started:smile:

14. haunter

haunter New Member

Hello im converationing you about my pokemon online server i want to put symbols next to my name in my server for example like this (~) Haunter and i want it to be visable to everybody in chat i went into themes/classic/auth_symbols and i did the follow steps like this here!

"configuration settings"

[symbols]
    ; Configure here authority symbols visible on chat.
    ; All levels use auth_default if there
    ; is no specific auth_n defined for them
    ;
    ; You can use IRC like symbols with
    ;
    ;auth="1"="@"
    ;auth="2"="&"
    ;auth="3"="~"
    ;
    ; Or mark bots with explicit *-*
    ;auth_4="±"
    ;
    ; Using PO long time defaults by default:
    auth_1="@" < i changed mods to @
    auth_2="&" < i changed admins to &
    auth_3="~" < i changed owners to ~
    auth_default="+"

I want to have these symbolics displayed in chat its my dream it will compleate my server if you can help me do this i have searched for auth symbols in scripts but cannot find them to change them please can you assist me thank you very much.

2nd of all i need information on how to use the dark classic theme in my server so it is visable in the server to all users that join the server thanks

Regards: Haunter

15. haunter

haunter New Member

Information on how script pm me i can help you script as long as you have your own scripts ect!

16. haunter

haunter New Member

you can get started by first downloading the client head over to this location http://pokemon-online.eu/pages/download/ and download the file of you your operating system once you have it all setup Darkchespin click the blue pokemon client sign and your see a bunch of servers Pokemon Online is the main server go there and create a username and protect your name with a security password i cannot display my server name sorry its prohibited go there pokemon online have fun

Regards: Haunter

17. Reece reynolds

Reece reynolds ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PO Trainer Name:
    Reece Reynolds
    i need some help every time i try to connect to the main server through the web client i get this popup: http://prntscr.com/a7s5sd as far as i know i did nothing to get banned or in any trouble at all it would mean a lot of someone could fix this! thx!

18. Nightfall Alicorn

Nightfall Alicorn Left Pokémon Online, most likely not coming back.

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    Got 3 options, either:
    • Click the link under the connect button here "If you can't connect to any servers, you can try this link." in the registry, some stuff may not work by the way such as connecting to other servers or replays.
    • Or, try another browser. Opera, Firefox or Google Chrome.
    • Use an app client from the download page. (Which is better.)
    The developer for the web client has vanished. Even I don't know how it works.

19. Natsu Dragniil

Natsu Dragniil Member

I keep on getting an error message on the server I created, and I'm not sure why; I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it, and I can't see your graph. The error message is :
    Connected to registry! Sending server info...
    Error when connecting to the registry. Will restart in 30 seconds
    And it just keeps happening, and I have no clue why. Any help?

20. MidwayMarshall

MidwayMarshall woof Forum Moderator Developer Forum Moderator Developer

Have you tried advance connecting to your server?

21. Natsu Dragniil

Natsu Dragniil Member

Yes, I couldn't connect though. I've given up on the server now as I don't actually have a static IP address anyway though.

22. The Chosen Nerd

The Chosen Nerd New Member

Rip me. None of the servers will connect with me.

23. Zoroark

Zoroark Stay Firm Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    If possible, try accessing through PC client. I think webclient is facing problems at the moment, so it's not really easy to get in. I have no idea if android users are able to get in or not.

24. Lumia

Lumia The Litwick Pokemon Trainer

Why can't I register? I've never played before, and tried to connect to the general server, and it said I was banned!
    (using Google Chrome on an Acer chromebook, in case you need to know for tech reasons)

25. Zoroark

Zoroark Stay Firm Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
Moderators: E.T., Zoroark