1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Myths / Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'Pokémon Chat' started by Hobbes2, May 6, 2012.

1. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    ... Mine was if you get to 100 Launch on Emerald in the rocket place, you go to space and get Deoxys.

I WAITED DAY AND NIGHT FOR THIS AND IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. </3

2. newguy

newguy Member

Shit, this is scary. I bet it's gonna give me nightmares. It's fascinating, though

3. Comrade Mario

Comrade Mario New Member

In pokemon crystal, I believed this myth where if you kept on trying to go to the Route without a starter, a Celebi would be in your party :x

4. Marcello.

Marcello. Ethereal Horizon

I heard this one before, except I was told 100 meant you encountered Deoxys, and 150 meant you could catch Jirachi. Of course, neither ever happened.

5. Darklight

Darklight Nothing is True

I tried it too... But then of course. Why would game freak programme it ingame and then tell no one about it? Well, same happens with myths in everygame.

6. welb

welb New Member

"If you beat the Elite Four 100 times, Mew can be found in the exact same spot that you caught Mewtwo."

"If you used the itemfinder in Mt. Moon you could find an egg. After you walked enough the egg would hatch into a Togepi."

r/b/y

7. TheeReaper

TheeReaper New Member

Umm okay the blue mark on Latias's chest is like the same one on Togepi. I think it is somehow related.

8. Ryan 11

Ryan 11 Banned

If you spam the a button when you throw a pokeball it increases the catch rate.(I think this is true because everytime I don't hit the a button I can't catch anything).

9. Ryan 11

Ryan 11 Banned

lol when I was 4 I actually beat the Elite 4 over 100 times then smashed my Gameboy in rage becuse I couldn't find Mew and thought my game was glitching or something. :3

10. Tank the 178th

Tank the 178th Evil Seviper

I believed in Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl you could catch the other mascot. One reason why I thought it was able to happen is because you could in Silver and Gold in the past. Ah me in the past.

11. chippymunk

chippymunk Bran-ed

Saying GOTCHA into the DS mic increased your chances of catching a pokemon

12. RioJio

RioJio New Member

To expand further on the Gengar/Clefairy shadow theory

Gengar's Pokedex entry states that it is more active on the full moon. This can relate to its Clefairy counterpart. Also considering that Clefairys are mostly found in the dark [the cave and their dance at night] their shadows are barely present so it can go off and be more present.

This would leave why is it part of the Ghost Evolution with Gastly and Haunter. Well you could link away from it being a direct link to Clefairy, but a link to Cleffa. If it passes away at this stage, it becomes the ghost Gastly. Since Cleffa's shadow would mimic a ball, this would make sense. Then since it is tormented as being a ghost, it would become a Haunter in anger [so in game terms,Cleffa+Fainted+Sadness evolves into Haunter] then eventually it becomes its original final stage, but as a shadow of itself. Gengar is then spawned from that.

13. emac

emac Emad

14. Artemisa

Artemisa Well-Known Member

Gastly looks like a Cloyster.

15. NAVIDAD PIRATE

NAVIDAD PIRATE THE PLEASURE OF BEING CUMMED INSIDE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    You can find Pikablu in behind Bill's house.

Level up a Cubone to 100 without evolving it and it will take off it's helmet and reveal itself to be a Mew.

Yeah, fuck my little asshole friends who told me this

16. Altaria

Altaria (':

17. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    You can find something other than Smeargle in the cave down the battle frontier in Emerald.

Hours later, nothing.

18. topah

topah Active Member

The Shadow Triad is Cilan, Chili, and Cress! O:

19. Altaria

Altaria (':

And not sure if mentioned but, [G]alactic [R]ocket [A]qua [M]agma [P]lasma. Gramps is what Gary Oak calls his grandpops in the games. ~

Btw, 100th post! :D I'm such a post-whore.

20. "..."

"..." New Member

They are dead... all games you have started New Game deleted the data of the pre-existing trainer and the pokemon, the data can never be recovered. The internal battery 'dies' and no data can be saved.

You all will die just like these pokemon and their trainers... When you do I will be there with every single pokemon and trainer you deleted. Each one will delete you over and over and over and over. Call it Hell.

In G/S/C, what do you do with Upgrade? Use it to evolve Porygon into Porygon2 correct? Yes. But do you know what else it does? I do. Listen to Cerulean City's song backwards(you will understand) in crystal after trading a pokemon, who's type is Normal(not Porygon) holding Upgrade. Go to Cerulean City and walk up to Bill's House, there you will find a bridge over some water. Remember that Female NPC? Have a tentacool(with surf holding Upgrade i your 4th party slot) ,nicknamed FisHer(with the capitol H), surf onto the second from bottom right tile and face(without moving) your character north(toward bills house) Use the old rod after setting the Radio Channel to Poke Flute, use max repel and then use the old rod... until you get an !...

That is the fate of everyone who deleted a pokemon.

21. chippymunk

chippymunk Bran-ed

22. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

Playing Pokémon Online makes you better at Pokémon.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  23. chippymunk

chippymunk Bran-ed

Thats a good one

24. viamage

viamage That one guy

I will try this now :D

Edit: I wasted half the night trying it to no avail, clearly my game is defective even though it' as original as English versions can be :(

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  25. Darklight

WHAT?!?! Wtf am i doing here then?

26. viamage

viamage That one guy

Same thing as all of us: trying to make it seem like you have a social life?

27. topah

topah Active Member

28. Sasha The Legend !

Sasha The Legend ! ORAS

PO Trainer Name:
    DracoMaster|Sasha
    epic threat....and this story about red/green is creepy but ftw
    anyways here r some of the mythes i know :

1- charmender was desined to have dinosaurs-like spikes ( u can see it in his gen 1 sprite

2 - there is a hole at sky pillar in the 2nd floor that can lead u directly to rayquaza and another one at the last floor that leads u to deoxys

3 - togepi is (charizard X aerodactyl)'s egg

4 - pokemon and u can't do it , that means he is attached to u

5 - when u release a pokemon , there is a chance that u encouter it again with the same level u left him

6 - that's my best one , my secret since forever and i'm sure of it : Ash's dad appears in pokemon chronicles with the name Silver in the episode : in the search of the legend ( so epic !!!)

there is a lot more which i'll post later but srsly this threat is epic and should be a hot one

29. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

I remember seeing one--Gym Leader Roark is Silver with a hat and glasses on.

30. Shiny Rayquaza

Shiny Rayquaza Your nightmare!

I lol'd

Anyway, kill, Zekrom/Reshiram in N's caste 100 times, and It will be shiny!

Thanks ALOT my little friend -_-'

31. ASH_CHAMPION

ASH_CHAMPION A very useless person~

PO Trainer Name:
    Meh
    I remember falling for one regarding a 'wonder scarf' when I was 7.
    Can't remember the exact wording but it basically stated that if you released ALL your Pokemon (this is Leaf Green/Fire Red I'm talking about btw) except your one weakest one (then the guy bragged about how all his Pokemon were at level 100 anyways), and then went and defeated the e4 4 times or something, you'd go to oak and be able to attain this item. The charm about this item is that it multiplies the experience the Pokemon gets a lot, getting a level 5 squirtle to level 97 in one battle..
    come to think of it how did I actually fall for that one >_>

32. mario4232

mario4232 New Member

Geovani is Ash' dad.

33. rtruth

rtruth robert-truth

lets see, hypnos lullaby from creepypasta LOL
    also, i love the butterfat myth
    if you take 6 lvl 100 butterfrees and beat the elite four 100 times all of them will come together to make butterfat
    OR the dragonite glitch

take a dratini you get from gamecorner in blue
    trade it to red
    evolve to dragonite
    trade back to blue
    them take dragonite where u caught mewtwo
    use fire stone
    itll evolve into YOSHI

34. Azura

Azura Member

Even with this amount of talk about Lavender syndrome, nobody has mentioned neither BA model, White Hand or Unit 731?

BA model
    Recap: Buried Alive Model or Buryman was what were at the top in Pokemon Tower before Marowak was coded in. It looks like a corpse rising from the grave. If approached it would talk about being trapped and initiate a battle. If you won, the game would freeze. If you lost it would be game over+ it would infect your gameboy with a small file where the corpse is holding the player accompanied by the sound of meat being devoured. You would now have to buy a new Gameboy.
    Full ''Myth''

White Hand
    Recap: A pokemon planned to be in Lavender Tower. Looks like a rotting/decaying hand. Buryman would have two in level 101
    Again, the ''Myth''

Unit 731
    Recap: Under WW2 was the Japanese biological warfare unit called 731. (Who actually did exist and carried out some very cruel experiments on humans) Very early in first versions of red/green pokemon nr. 731 would appear on a tile. The music from lavender town would play at 3x speed, and some pictures would flash. You would then go insane and kill people/attempt suicide.
    Full mythcreepypasta
    Video (FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKE)
    The most creepy thing about the 731 film is that the pictures shown are actual pictures from 731, converted into tiny sprites.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks the FRLG Lavender Town tune is calming?

35. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Dr. Fuji
    I like the Lavender Town tune as well I never found it creepy but I can see how people did. Also welcome to the forums :)

36. Froakie

Froakie Meh..

There is supposedly a blue pikachu that appears behind the mansion in celadon where you get eevee. (Pikablu it was called)

If you tear apart the Ancient Mew card you will find a paper that holds the prototype drawings of all the second generation Pokemon.

You can kill your rival's raticate in Pokemon Blue/Red. He doesn't appear in his party anymore after you defeat him once. They say that on the cruse ship he couldn't get to a pokemon center fast enough, so his pokemon died.

37. Riot Rhythm

Riot Rhythm ( ̄ω ̄)

Way back when during Pokemon Red/Green days I guess many people believed Ice attacks were super effective against Rock types because the instruction manuals wrongly said so. And then since all most of the Rock types in Red & Green were Rock/Ground except the Kabuto and Omanyte paths who were Rock/Water it became harder for the false information to die down I guess.

38. chippymunk

chippymunk Bran-ed

used to think ground was resistant normal rather than rock types cause of brock's pokemon XD

39. pokechaos

pokechaos New Member

If Spoink stop bouncing then it dies and Parasect is a zombie and ...(too lazy to write them all)...here's a video link that explains some cool once. [video=youtube;ADAkCUFvkvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADAkCUFvkvQ[/video]

40. Darklight

Those facts were pretty well known by everyone. Though he still didn't explain about Spoink.