1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Forum troubles?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Erebos, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Erebos

Erebos Banned

As there is nowhere to post for trouble with the forums, I'll post here and maybe someone can move it to the appropriate place. An increasing number of people, myself included, are receiving loads of errors in the forums. I don't know if this is a result of all the changes in the format, but does anyone have any idea of what's causing the errors?

2. 1PlayNude

1PlayNude No Fun Is Allowed

Gold, you can post your troubles in the help section.

3. coyotte508

coyotte508 Well-Known Member Administrator Server Owner Administrator Server Owner

Isn't it website troubles rather than forum troubles?

4. Erebos

Erebos Banned

nope, it's forum troubles. I used forum instead of website because it's never the website (pokemon-online.eu) that gives errors, but rather forum threads that actually do. When errors start coming, I always start randomly browsing around the website, but it's always in the forums, so it's probably something to do with the structure here, or maybe VBulletin (in which case there's little you could do as far as I know)

5. coolguy31337

coolguy31337 Amor Fati

I think it's actually website troubles - the website gives the same errors the forums does whenever I can't access it (404), and strangely enough, downforeveryoneorjustme.com seems to indicate the website is only down for me whenever I get these errors (even though others were confirming they couldn't access the forums in the main chat)

6. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    It is website troubles. Ironically, I got a 404 error when originally trying to look at this topic. The entire website was down for me... except the stats.

EDIT: About 2 minutes after this post, it decided to 404 again. This time, even stats were inaccessable.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  7. Erebos

Erebos Banned

yeah, that happened yesterday at some point, and we talked about it with coolguy and a number of people. but I'm talking about a more general situation here.