1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2] Monotype in the Wiki

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Side Metagames' started by User Name, Jul 6, 2012.

1. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

@-MMM-
    Do whatever you wish. I put in the Electabuzz because I thought it might be useful, but as we all know by now, I haven't tested anything in ages and am pretty much only around to grammar/spelling check :P

2. #PR0|-MMM-

#PR0|-MMM- Back to abuse Brokengoth

PO Trainer Name:
    #PR0|-MMM-
    Okay then. Bye Electabuzz *sob*

3. #PR0|-MMM-

PO Trainer Name:
    #PR0|-MMM-
    I just realised there's one a bit more specific case we haven't discussed yet.. what about Ubers?
    I think, if there's an older OU analysis (pre-ban), we should link to that page, because it's closer to the Monotype metagame than Ubers is (is a current OU Pokémon has an Ubers analysis, I consider it relatively pointless to link its Ubers analysis as well). If, on the other hand, there's no OU analysis, but just an Ubers analysis, we might just as well link to that. Taking in account Thundurus-I doesn't even have an Ubers analysis, I'll change it's links back to OU pre-ban, at least temporarily.

4. .Rawr!

.Rawr! c(°3°)כ

PO Trainer Name:
    Day Healer
    New bump on the thread. I started to using a mono Ground and by far i'm loving it, it is doing well on ladder, so i take a bit more of experience in the matchups to hopefully make the page for monoground (can need help for traduction because my english sucks lol)

5. VarunRi

VarunRi Member

PO Trainer Name:
    VarunR
    Did the Poison matchup on the MonoBug page. Perhaps slightly awkward wording now, but I'll refine it tomorrow when I have time.

6. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

@MMM
    Whoops, didn't notice Thundurus didn't have an Ubers analysis XD
    Mm, good point. For the most part, though, most Pokemon banned in OU are also banned in Monotype, so not many places to apply that :P
    But let's go with your idea.

@Rawr
    How to create a Monotype article
    And, of course, lots of types need a Ground matchup :P
    Don't worry too much about wording/grammar, we've got that covered.

@VarunRi
    I'll handle the wording, that's my arena. :D

EDIT:
    For some reason I am currently incapable of editing the MonoBug article. Hopefully that is rectified sometime soon, but for now it will be left to others :?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  7. #PR0|-MMM-

PO Trainer Name:
    #PR0|-MMM-
    I've done some work on it.

8. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

No worries, I'll give you a hand if you want. I enjoyed doing the MonoSteel one.

9. .Rawr!

.Rawr! c(°3°)כ

PO Trainer Name:
    Day Healer
    Buuuump time: I started monoground page, i wrote the intro and some pokes analysis, continuing tomorrow becos going to sleep. See ya!

10. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

@.Rawr
    Neat job! Don't forget to make a blurb on the main Monotype page under "Ground".

For a status update:
    The following analyses have been more or less completed; any other additions are nice but not strictly necessary:
    Monotype/Electric
    Monotype/Bug
    Monotype/Steel

Now, as I'm sure everyone knows, Gen 6 has just been announced and is set to release this October. It would be preferable if the Monotype analyses were done by then, since after Gen 6 comes out, I doubt many if any people will be willing to continue testing this.
    Therefore, I would like to get the rest of the analyses finished (or at least the started ones--Fire, Grass, and Rock will be lonely but it can't be helped).

So, could someone "adopt" one of the following types and start work on that type?
    Monotype/Fighting (almost complete; only requires a few matchups)
    Monotype/Normal (about 40% complete)
    Monotype/Dragon (needs Kyurem form and Altaria analyses and most of the matchups)
    Monotype/Ice (about 40-50% complete)

Monotype/Dark, Monotype/Flying, Monotype/Water, Monotype/Ghost, and Monotype/Psychic require significantly more work to finish than the above.

So far, Monotype/Poison and Monotype/Ground should be in VarunRi's and Rawr's care, respectively, but feel free to lend them a hand as well.

If anyone wants to start the Monotype/Fire, Monotype/Grass, and Monotype/Rock pages, that would be great.

Reading back, VarunRi has expressed interest in Water and -MMM- on Fighting and Ground.
    Dr. Doom, could you try out another Monotype if possible? I might try to get Xinc back onto Ghost, but not sure if he's still playing Monotype. Perhaps we can rope Michael and Sulcata into this too. Perhaps even Brood will be willing to help.

I oughta try a team myself. Perhaps finish the Psychic page? If Brood joins up he can certainly help with that. XD
    Mmmm, decisions, decisions.

I am hoping that if you can't work on the January to June/whatever month school ends period, you can work on the June/whatever month school ends to August/whatever month school resumes period.
    The first deadline for the project will be the end of March. Fighting, Ground, Poison, and at least 1 more should be done by this time.
    The 2nd deadline will be the end of June. By this time Snow Cloak will probably be long banned, and hopefully 3-4 more will be done.
    The 3rd and final deadline will be the end of September, before Gen 6 comes out. The last 3-4 Monotype analyses that are started should be done by this time. If the Rock, Fire, and Grass analyses are created, they ought to be finished by this time as well.

11. sulcata

sulcata stéphane curry best waifu Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

I could try finishing the Electric analysis I suppose, it was the second type I used when just starting in Monotype (probably have to remake my team though).
    Oh wait, already done. In that case, I have a few corrections/changes:
    Giga Drain > Energy Ball on Galvantula
    And I don't think steelix and aggron should be mentioned at all in terms of the match up v. electric. I guess they're a little threatening, but they're honestly very uncommon and easy to revenge :/

So anyway, I volunteer to do the Dark analysis, as it was one of my more successful types before steel.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  12. VarunRi

VarunRi Member

PO Trainer Name:
    VarunR
    Not sure if I'd be able to complete Water, but I'd see if I can. But first, Poison.

13. Dr. Doom

Going to start work on the MonoFire analysis soon. Let's get them done before X and Y come out!

14. .Rawr!

.Rawr! c(°3°)כ

PO Trainer Name:
    Day Healer
    Okay on the monoground page, i finished 4 analysis of pokes more (nidoking, quagsire, excadrill and rhyperior). Also, i took out Nidoqueen becos honestly Nidoking outclasses her in every way (i tested both). Also added 4 matchup analysis. Waitin for corrections :)

By the way, i'm 15 in the monotype rank with my monoground, just testing lol

15. #PR0|-MMM-

PO Trainer Name:
    #PR0|-MMM-
    Only rank 15? lol I got to first with coniderable distance with my OP Monoice (check my sig) >:P

Anyway, I just did the corrections you were asking for.

16. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

Comp's glitching again, I'll do my MonoGround corrections when I actually can. ^_^'

@Dr. Doom
    Neat, did a few fixes on it. Keep up the good work! :D

17. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

Well, with the arrival of the new wiki, edits seem to have been frozen on the old wiki, so save your edits into another document instead.
    There's a bit more than a month and a half before the first deadline. Try to get your stuff done by then.

18. VarunRi

VarunRi Member

PO Trainer Name:
    VarunR
    Hello friends, I haven't been visiting PO as often as I did in last months due to final year exams (I'm from India; 12th grade exams are a big deal here) and other commitments. I will complete the Poison-mono before the deadline (which is March 31, right?) though. :)

19. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

It's March, guys. Deadline's coming up at the end of this month; get your changes into the forum before the month runs out and I lose faith in everyone :P

Also, can someone link me the Wiki again? I lost and it and am not sure how to find it again. XD

20. #PR0|-MMM-

PO Trainer Name:
    #PR0|-MMM-
    Sorry, I'll have to disappoint you for now, but I'll be at work again in the June to July period, and maybe also a bit in August and September... Will try to put in the most effort I can when the time comes, though :P

This?

21. Dr. Doom

22. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

Great, 2 analyses done by the deadline! Dark by Sulcata and Fire by Doom are handled for now. I'll have to review Doom's more in-depth tomorrow (or maybe later, got precollege stuff to worry about currently).
    Will make an assessment of what we need/are expecting ASAP and repost later.

23. Hannah

Hannah Come a little closer

PO Trainer Name:
    Hannah
    I would just like to point out that there is a fully willing ex-contributor that has vast knowledge on monotype. He helped developed the tier itself iirc. Xavier Final.

Is it possible if he was on board with this? :v

24. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

If it uses the same style as the other wiki for doing edits and all, I have a lot of my previous stuff and even the editings for them to be simpler on various monotype pages.

25. Dr. Doom

MonoPsychic's still got a lot of work left to do on it. I'll start on that one soon, hope to get it done by the end of the week.

26. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

@Hannah
    I did post on his user page several times asking about it, but I never got a response from what I can remember. He was actually one of my and Eric's first thoughts when it came to other important Monotypers who could help with the project, but I've only ever seen 1 minor edit from him.

@Celestial
    It should work out that way.

@Dr. Doom
    Got it. Good luck!
    Also made a few minor changes to MonoFire, as well as removed the incomplete tag. Feel free to discuss them.

Current status!
    Completed analyses:
    Monotype/Electric
    Monotype/Bug
    Monotype/Steel
    Monotype/Dark
    Monotype/Fire

Expected/Reserved analyses (though feel free to jump in with some of your own edits!):
    Monotype/Poison, by VarunRi
    Monotype/Psychic, by Dr. Doom

Almost complete analyses (top priority; these only need a few more entries in order to be complete):
    Monotype/Fighting (almost complete; only requires a few matchups)
    Monotype/Normal (about 40% complete)
    Monotype/Dragon (needs Kyurem form and Altaria (or, if Altaria sucks too much, just cut it out) analyses and most of the matchups)
    Monotype/Ice (about 40-50% complete)

Abandoned(?):
    Monotype/Ground Rawr, I need some news.
    Monotype/Flying
    Monotype/Water These 2 have gone through several people already, still not done though. Not too surprising, both have a TON of viable Pokemon.
    Monotype/Ghost Used to be Xinc's, but outside pressures means it's pretty much open.

Uncreated (note that although they would be nice to have, they are the lowest priority; it'd be best to get the ones that are almost done already finished than to start a new one):
    Monotype/Grass
    Monotype/Rock

Also, for the analysts, don't forget your little blurb descriptions for each type on the Main Monotype Page! Or, if you so wish, I can do it instead and input my own corniness, but I think you guys would like to put your own puns in instead. ;D

The March deadline has come and gone; Poison is still expected SOON, but in place of Fighting and Ground completion have come Dark and Fire completion. Unfortunately, even after Poison arrives, we'll still be one type behind.

Hopefully we can make up for that by the End of June deadline. 3-4 analyses are hoped for, with perhaps an extra 1 or 2 to make up for the current lag. IIRC, MMM will have lessened pressures at this time, so perhaps the Fighting can be finished in this period.

Then, finally, comes the end of September deadline, where all currently created analyses should be completed. Optionally, Rock and Grass, the last 2 red links, should be created and completed, but the main focus is on finishing the analyses already created.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  27. #PR0|-MMM-

PO Trainer Name:
    #PR0|-MMM-
    Indeed I will have my pressure lessened around June, and besides Fighting I also suppose I could do work on Monoice if it's not done by then - it's my best Mono so far, after all :P

28. Dr. Doom

Got MonoPsychic done. Will start on MonoWater next week.

29. Xavier Final

Xavier Final Member

I agree completely. You said you lacked info on matchups. I found my old teams today. I've evolved as a player since I did the original gauntlets, which were for monotype analysis, and now have stable effective teams. I'll be relaunching the monogauntlets soon, and I'm sure that will give you all the information you'd ever need about anything.

30. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

@Dr. Doom
    Don't get too frisky, with the Lati twins' unbanning we'll need some mentions of those as well :P

@Xavier
    'Ey, great to have you back! It'll be awesome to have your help. :)

31. Dr. Doom

Has it been decided if they're staying in Monotype? I don't think they're broken myself, but opinions are split.

32. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

@Doom
    Oh, good point...time for a little bump to see how things are going.

33. Dr. Doom

What exactly are the Monogauntlets?

34. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

Right, sorry about the reduced work on the Ghost monotype. I've been having some college problems, but I'll start working on it as soon as my workload clears up in a week to 3 weeks.

35. Slowkii

Slowkii Banned

I use monopoison, I can do it.

If someone hasn't claimed it yet...

36. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

@Xavier
    Random question: When can you get your MonoGauntlets going?

@Dr. Doom
    Back in the good ol' days when Monotype (and, actually, pretty much 5th gen itself) were still new, Xavier did a little set of MonoGauntlets as a Tier Leader of Monotype. Basically, he got some people to help him test types against each other, multiple times each. At the time I had never played Monotype and wouldn't play it for a good while, so I never got into it. That and at the time I was still a new person on the block and everyone was very scary.
    Also, neat Water edits, though it does leave some stuff out--Feraligatr and Azumarill also make great revenge killers, not just wallbreakers. Also, mentioning Storm Drain on the MonoWater page seems somewhat...counterintuitive.

@Xinc
    Woah, didn't expect to see you again. XD
    Great to have you back. I'll be sending you a message around when April ends, then, as a reminder.

@Slowkii
    Well, VarunRi said she was working on it--but I assume she'd be willing to have some help anyhow, especially since it's been 2 and a half weeks since I last heard anything on that end. Feel free to add info where you can.

37. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

Yeah, sorry. Was busy handling POYT, college, and music. But as again, I'll do my best to have this done asap. (A lot of the links on the wiki changed... Any way how to rectify this?)

38. VarunRi

VarunRi Member

PO Trainer Name:
    VarunR
    Sorry for the prolonged abscence folks, I'll start working regularly in a while on the page. Slowkii, I'd be glad to receive your help. :)

And I'm a male. :p

39. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

Updated matchups: ghost against Poison, ground, flying, psychic

40. VarunRi

VarunRi Member

PO Trainer Name:
    VarunR
    err where do I register for an account on the new wiki?