1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

PO Mod Creation Guide (WIP)

Discussion in 'Database Modifications' started by Aerith, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Isa

Isa Well-Known Tauros

PO Trainer Name:
    Isa
    So this is still irking me - I've had this being tried by other users, and our findings were that no matter what you set Ghost vs. Psychic to be, it'd come back as dealing neutral damage in RBY, but apparently it works somehow for others... Any clue why this is?

2. akkirojineko

akkirojineko New Member

@Isa-

I tried changing numbers in the type charts to see if I can get it to work.

This is what I did:

For typestable_gen1.txt I went to the row with 7 (for Ghost) and counted over 14 (to get to the column for Psychic) and this is the updated line:

7 0 2 2 2 2 2 2 4 1 2 2 2 2 4 2 2 1 2

And to be safe I did it in typestable.txt as well:

7 0 2 2 2 2 2 2 4 1 2 2 2 2 4 2 2 1 2

I tested it and it works just fine for me. I keep my server files in a separate folder from the client files since I run a server for an RP. If you do the same (keeping two separate folders for client and server), make sure to update both text files in both folders. If you don't, then just updating the single db>types>typestable.text and typestable_gen1.txt should make it work. Past that, I am not sure why it won't work for some and work for others. Let me know if it works for you!

3. Abicsa

Abicsa New Member

It doesn't use the files that say poke_ability1_5G. It only uses ability1.txt, ability2.txt, and ability3.txt.