1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2 OU] Team Chuh

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Shadow0x0cloud, Jul 10, 2012.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Shadow0x0cloud

Shadow0x0cloud New Member

So after a day and a half of playing this team, I revised it into this new one:

CHUH

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

TEAM BUILDING
    I tried to theme my team around pokemon that arent commonly used which led me to the 3 Johto Dogs.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The Dogs gave me resistances to all weather. Sunny Day teams w/o Heatran go to entei. Suicune sets up on rain teams and walls Sandstorm. Raikou, while also destroying rain teams, uses weather ball to get the edge on weather teams and its common switch ins.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The next step, was finding its weaknesses. Entei was Heatran weak, while Raikou and Suicune are steel weak. I also lacked priority to successfully revenge kill. Which led me to:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Either as late game sweepers / clean ups, these pokemon can handle a team. Fake Out + Extremespeed on Pikachu is a god send, getting 2 free hits and Fake out acts as a psuedo U-turn. Zangoose and Toxic Boost pretty much makes it another Pikachu. quick attack gives priority for revenge killing and him as well as Pika can outspeed and suprise KO heatran and other steel types.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I finally needed a 6th pokemon so i added espeon to rond it out:
    [​IMG]
    Magic Bounce is a god send on any team to be honest, so i figured why not slap him on. Although his type coverage isnt to brag for, he still hits like a truck with STAB psychic.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [/HIDE]

[​IMG]
    Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Toxic Boost
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Quick Attack
    - Close Combat
    - Night Slash
    - Return

Im really suprised no one uses this pokemon. Toxic Boost is like a guts boost on steroids and coming off of his high base attack and STAB quick attack, not only is he fast, he hits like a truck. I tend to use him against rain teams, or sun teams without venasaur. He tends to out speed the pokemon seen in those teams which allow him to grab a OHKO. Since he is statused to gain the toxic boost, he, along with espeon, is my main status absorber. If im facing a faster team, then i use him and Pikachu as revenge killers or to slowly whittle down the opponents health.

[​IMG]
    Espeon @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Wish

He's the bouncer of the team. We should all know that magic bounce stops hazards from going to your side of the screen, but since it does the same for status effects he can come in on weak sub seeders, thunder wave rachi/nite, Spore smeargle, etc. and ruin their plans. Simply put, he's amazing. I gave the specs so that STAB psychic can get more power, and also, he shouldnt be staying on the screen too long. Wish is when i come to a wall, be it roar shuffling, bad predictions, or whatever. I can use wish, and wether i die or not, my check is coming with a lot of health. HP fire was for nattorei and shadowball helps to catch other psychic types.

[​IMG]
    Entei @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    Adamant Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
    - Flame Charge
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Flare Blitz
    - Stone Edge

They said Entei was NU. maybe there right. He lacks important coverage moves like earthquake and therefore needs to constantly switch in and out. However when a chance to sweep appears, i have to admit, he can sweep. Flame charge is a great move to help ease prediction but i also run it because he is adamant natured.

-short story-
    I used a flame charge when my opponent switched to Dragonite. Knowing that his multi scale wasnt in effect anymore i 2HKO with stone edge while he tried to dragon dance -> Dragon Claw / Outrage
    -end-

Im assuming its because he isnt really used that people dont know how fast and bulky he is. Base 100 speed lets him speed past certain pokemon from straight out the pokeball, and his high health lets him take a couple non super effective moves. I think theres something wrong with his extreme speed. for some reason it is much stronger than i thought it would be. it was really suprising. Thus making him another great revenge killer.

[​IMG]
    Raikou @ Choice Specs
    Rash Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Aura Sphere
    - Weather Ball
    - Shadow Ball

My weather killer. And, although im starting to dislike shadow ball for hitting no one important by the time raikou is out, has perfect type coverage. Rash Specs because he has that trolly base 115 speed, as if he wasnt already outspeeding base 100's. To be honest i dont know why i run volt switch. Im going to change it. None of my pokemon are strong enough, bar suicune and to a certain extent entei, to take a hit when i switch. Anyway, the electric typing scares off water types so much that its funny. Weather ball gets the jump on the ever-so-present weather team, while also boosting to 150 bp in the sun or rain. Unfortunately, theres not much i can say about him. He outspeeds and kills.

[​IMG]
    Suicune @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    - Ice Beam
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf

Let me just say, it has so much natural bulk. Since it doesnt kill anything off the bat with 252/252 can anyone reccomend a more bulky set? anyway, Hp elec is so he doesnt get walled by electric types after he boosts up (Vaporeon >.>) Pressure helps so much in the stallin / walling game. You would of thought Stone Edge / Focus Blast had 8 pp. He gives you 4 shots. And you know their hit rate is like 10% (except of course if you dont care if it hits or not, then its 90%). Ice beam is my only answer to dragon types. Other than that, i might as well let them boost up, because i can only revenge kill them with a combination of Pikachu/Entei/Zangoose. So this is why i want him to be more bulky. Surf over Scald (IIRC he gets that) because i like damage over a 30% burn rate. and tbh, if i really wanted to status you i could run a CroCune with toxic.

[​IMG]
    Pikachu @ Light Ball
    Trait: Lightningrod
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk
    Adamant Nature
    IVs: 30 SAtk
    - Fake Out
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Volt Tackle
    - Brick Break

Only reason why i even remember this pokemon was because i was watching Haydunn's video on youtube. where he used a Gen 1 team. THat is pretty much why the entire team even started because otherwise i would of slapped on a Thunderus-T, Politoed, Scizor, Nattorei, Volcarona, and Salamence like EVERYBODY ELSE. -sigh-. Pikachu is my lead against rain teams. OHKOing non-scarfed Poli and Tyranitar with volt tackle and Brick Break respectively. Fake Put + extreme speed gives him two free hits the moment he comes out the ball. I felt Adamant was nessasary because he needs that high fake out and extreme speed damage.

So yeah. Thats my team:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BTW. someone i was fighting wanted me to try a heracross (Shout Out to HeraBOSS on Showdown) anyone have a set that fits with the team?

Herp Derp for calling Ferrothorn Nattorei. Im too lazy to fix it.

EXPORTABLE
    Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Toxic Boost
    Adamant Nature
    IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
    - Quick Attack
    - Close Combat
    - Night Slash
    - Return

Espeon @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    Modest Nature
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Wish

Entei @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
    - Flame Charge
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Flare Blitz
    - Stone Edge

Raikou @ Choice Specs
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
    - Volt Switch
    - Aura Sphere
    - Weather Ball
    - Shadow Ball

Suicune @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    - Ice Beam
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf

Pikachu @ Light Ball
    Trait: Lightningrod
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk
    Adamant Nature
    IVs: 30 SAtk
    - Fake Out
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Volt Tackle
    - Brick Break
    [/HIDE]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  2. Emperor PPP

Emperor PPP PKMNPurePower

You know that you can have maximum IVs without any consequences on each and every pokemon unless you're running hidden power, right?
    Special attackers should run 0 attack IVs for minimum confusion damage though

3. Shadow0x0cloud

Yeah, Venasuar is at 2 so he can still use HP fire. Dugtrio had that so he is 3HKO by seismic toss. The 0 def IV's were to make sure he gets to 1hp for reversal. However, i think im changing him for dragonite:

4. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    Hi, you're missing an importable. Since this thread is well formatted, I will give you 24h to add an importable in.

And consider using Weather Ball over HP Fire on Venusaur.

5. Shadow0x0cloud

Ah, sorry sorry. Ill put it in now. Why weather ball? i figured HP fire would be more consistent hitting steel pokemon in any weather

6. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    Weather Ball has 100BP in the sun.

7. Shadow0x0cloud

Edited the OP. pretty much a new team now. minus Pikachu

8. Emperor PPP

Replace Espeon with Xatu and you've got a UU team
    That's advised

9. Shadow0x0cloud

? and i already knew that. Its a OU team that actually works pretty well. have you tried it?

10. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

Yes but it will be much better in UU.
    Problem is that so many things just go to town on this...Specs Espeon? @[email protected]

11. Shadow0x0cloud

Which i why im trying to get advice. What goes to town on this

12. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

To name one, Venusaur in the sun.
    To name another, DDNite.
    And anything like DDNite either.
    Rainnite as well.

13. Shadow0x0cloud

Really? Vena in the sun is revenged by Pika, Entei and Zangoose.

DDNite is Ko'd by Entei if i have a nitro charge. He'd boost up while Entei has a nitro, I'd hit him. Then, i still outspeed so i use Stone Edge. otherwise it is revenged by Entei, Pika, and Zangoose. He is also 2HKO by icebeam

Any DD Dragon besides multi scale Nite is KO'ed by suicune with ice beam if i switch in on his first boost or, again revenged
    Rain Nite is pretty difficult but also revenged by Entei, Pika, and Zangoose. Pika can also, if there is prior damage can KO with Volt Tackle.

Anything else? And i'd love to hear your problem on Specs Espeon

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  14. Emperor PPP

Change Entei's EVs back to 31 a piece, you got rid of HP Grass
    Pikachu is missing 4 EVs
    Venusaur isn't revenged by Entei or Pikachu since most of them run growth and a lot of them run earthquake, I'm pretty sure a +2 Sludge bomb/Energy ball would OHKO Zangoose
    I also don't like the tone you're using with using with us
    You have NOTHING to take a hit from a banded dragon or a banded Terrakion
    If you want Raikou to be a true 'Weather Killer' give it thunder to take care of Politoed
    You have nothing to take care of Tornadus-T
    You have nothing to handle the Ferrothorn Jellicent core

Why is Espeon running wish when it has choice specs?

Stone edge only 2HKOs dragonite after Multiscale broken? Why would Dragonite try to DD when you have Entei on the field? It would go straight for the earthquake and deal huge amounts, then use extremespeed

You can't touch substitute disable Gengar except with Entei that won't appreciate constantly switching into stealth rocks - Even with Espeon on the team they can just predict you whenever necessary

Tbh this team needs a complete rebuild

15. Sword-Blade

Sword-Blade Member

Pikachu learns ExtremeSpeed??? O.o

16. Emperor PPP

yes, from a special...
    It was because of an event commemorating the japanese bullet trains

17. Sword-Blade

Sword-Blade Member

But I never saw Pika Learning ES in my PO Client. If it does, then it would be Fantabulous...!!

Moderators: Edna, fsk