1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[BW2 OU] New Pokes Test Team

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by The Dark Master, Jul 22, 2012.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    There have been several new things recently, so I decided to test them. I know this team has a big weakness to Electric/Ice/Rock, but I don't want any replacement pokemon. Suggestions for different moves/items/EVs would be helpful though.

[​IMG] @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hurricane
    - Focus Blast
    - Dark Pulse
    - U-turn

Tornadus now gets Regenarator. This works well with the life orb. Hurricane is great in rain, and the confusion has won me several battles. Focus Blast hits Steels and Rocks (especially Tyranitar) for more damage, as they resist Hurricane. Tornadus doesn't have many moves to choose from, so Dark Pulse is third. It can hit Psychics like Latios and Starmie for more damage, but I generally don't use it much. Suggestions for a different move (not much choice, but: Psychic, Sludge Bomb/Wave and HP) would be helpful. U-turn's purpose is obvious, and I don't want to talk too much about things you already know.
    EVs are obvious, designed for speed and power.

[​IMG] @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 8 HP / 252 SAtk / 248 Spd
    - Nasty Plot
    - Thunder
    - Focus Blast
    - Psychic

Thundurus can't take a hit, which is why mine is sashed. You use nasty plot, then destroy with your powerful moves. Again, not much choice. Too many fighting moves on my team. What would be a good HP choice (To replace F-Blast/Psychic)? Thunder is accurate in rain, and my most powerful move.
    EVs outspeed max speed base 100s, then the rest in SAtk for power.

[​IMG] @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower

My only Physical attacker (other than Psyshock/Secret Sword). U-turn is U-turn, Earthquake for powerful, accurate and reliable STAB. Stone edge for its amazing coverage, and Superpower hits Bliss hard.
    Same EVs as before really, just for a Physical attacker not a Special one.
    (Sorry about the short description, couldn't think of much else to say)

[​IMG]@ Leftovers
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 64 HP / 252 Def / 192 Spd
    - Secret Sword
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Calm Mind

Keldeo is one of my most powerful things due to the power of STAB Rain-boosted surf. Secret sword hits Blissey harder than anything else on my team (After one CM). Hidden Power Grass hits anything with Sand Stream hard, as well as Rotom-W (the most used Electric type). Calm mind boosts my SAtk to insane levels, and making me nearly untouchable on my Special side. As mentioned previously, CMrainSTAB surf is deadly.
    EVs for max speed 100s (again) and defense investment because I can't boost my defense. HP helps me both Physically and Specially.

[​IMG]@ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Def / 28 SDef / 228 Spd
    - Charge Beam
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

I NEVER see this. Ever. Probably because no-one knows you can use it. Charge beam does damage whilst increasing SAtk, letting me do massive damage with my other moves. Psyshock for STAB and hitting Bliss/Chans, And Shadow Ball + Focus Blast are unresisted (Normal/Ghost types don't exist yet).
    EVs are similar to Keld, outspeeding base 100s (neutral nature {I know they aren't common, but I have to outspeed something}) and the rest is to take hits. Mel has a weaker defense, so I have more EVs in Def than SDef.

[​IMG] @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

SCARFTOED. It's unexpected. And while I can't get the weather in against TTar, Powdon and Ninetales, This thing can outspeed and KO things expecting to KO first. I've explained similar moves on everything else, so I can only think to say Ice beam hits Gliscor, Dragonite and Salamence, as well as the new -T forms I have, hard.

Anyway, Fighting moves on EVERYTHING. Needs to be changed. I hope you can give advice to improve my team, and please tell me your thoughts on it.

Importable:

Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Hurricane
    - Focus Blast
    - Dark Pulse
    - U-turn

Thundurus-T (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 8 HP / 252 SAtk / 248 Spd
    - Nasty Plot
    - Thunder
    - Focus Blast
    - Psychic

Landorus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower

Keldeo @ Leftovers
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 64 HP / 252 Def / 192 Spd
    - Secret Sword
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Calm Mind

Meloetta @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Def / 28 SDef / 228 Spd
    - Charge Beam
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. Emperor PPP

Emperor PPP PKMNPurePower

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Images for the first three, just reply with quote

Since you have 1 physical attacker, you could change Meloetta for the physical variant (Or something much better):
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe @ Focus Sash
    Relic Song
    Close Combat
    Ice Punch
    Shadow Claw (Kinda filler)

Anyway Keldeo's EVs are just... weird - run max speed, max special attack
    Also
    Standard bulky toad runs ice beam

3. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    I do have Secret Sword and Psyshock to deal with Chans/Bliss or anything like them. I know Keldeo's EVs are weird, but they're meant to let it set up. I don't want to use CM then get OHKOed. I'll try the Meloetta set. And thanks for the pictures.

4. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

What you've tried to do is use rain, the three Therians, Keldeo and Meloetta. While it's fun in theory, you get trolled by a huge range of things.
    Lose a Therian and add some walls.

5. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    It's only meant to see what they were like; I hadn't used any of them before. Rain was the best weather, with a water type and users of both hurricane and thunder. It's not meant to be a strong team, but it's one of my better ones.
    And it's reached 1140 points, the highest I've ever reached in OU and the second highest in any tier for me.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  6. Kumiho

Kumiho Silhouettes

PO Trainer Name:
    Kumiho
    Give Tornadus-T Hidden Power Ice. Dark Pulse gives it horrible coverage. On Thundurus-T, Nasty Plot is good, but sometimes it's a bit too slow to pull of a sweep. I would give it Agility/Thunder/Hidden Power Ice/Focus Blast with the EVs of 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Speed with a Life Orb and Modest nature. It's an amazing late game sweeper. On Tornadus-T, put the 4 HP EVs into SpD, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock more. On that subject, hazards fuck you up. I suggest putting a spinner like like Temtacruel somewhere, but not sure where without messing up the synergy.

Hope I helped. Good luck.

7. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    If you are running Hidden Power Ice, remember to set the IVs to 30Def, 30Atk, to allow Tornadus more speed.

8. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    Does that include HP regain from Regenerator?

And +2 Focus Blast OHKOes Ferrothorn. Would it do that without Nasty Plot?

Dark Pulse on Tornadus helps with Jellicent, which would otherwise give it trouble. It also helps with [email protected] (does more than HP Ice due to +10 power) and other Psychic and Ghost types. Would I need it with Thundurus also having HP Ice? And PToed Ice Beam? Meloetta now has Ice Punch...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  9. Kumiho

Kumiho Silhouettes

PO Trainer Name:
    Kumiho
    I'm pretty sure Focus Blast OHKOs Ferrothorn. And everything Dark Pulse hits gets hit harder by STAB Hurricane, so Dark Pulse isn't needed.

10. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    FBlast only sometimes KOes Ferro in one hit. Using your set, it does 88.1%-103.7% to the most common ones. The next most common EV spread is Max SDef, and that does 75.3%-88.4%. So it depends on the Ferrothorn I'm hitting, and how lucky I am (I usually miss half the time, my current record is 4 misses in a row). But you're right about Dark Pulse.

11. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

3 weaknesses to ice moves. lol.

Though, I like Keldeo in Rain idea. Personally, I would prefer having an extra physical attacker

Moderators: Edna, fsk