1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Team Showcase Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by fitzy, Jul 25, 2012.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. fitzy

fitzy Heart of the cards Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

The team showcase is going to be overhauled over the next few weeks. Stage 1 of this involves YOU helping to decide what teams are going to be added!

That said here are the guidelines for nominations:
    • Do not nominate a team of your own.
    • Teams must be good in the current metagame. This is a showcase not an archive.
    • You must explain your nomination justifying why it is suitable for the showcase.
    • If you want to nominate a team that has already been nominated you may do so as long as you expand on what has already been said.

Nominations must be in the following format:

Team: Include a link to the team.
    Explanation:Brief summary of why you think the team should be added.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. Clarion

Clarion Snow on the Sahara

Team: [Wifi OU] We are the Harbringer of your Ascendance by Ashton Michaels
    Explanation: Ashton wanted originality in his teams as much as possible, and in that originality peaked him to be one of the top OU ladder players in Wifi OU. Ashton knew much of that metagame and managed to create a team that counters majority of the Wifi OU metagame.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
    (LaRvAe)Mr.BeRn likes this.
  3. Emperor PPP

Emperor PPP PKMNPurePower

Team:The Desert is Neverending by Dice
    Explanation: This team is the perfect example of an OU sand team and it gives great information about what each pokemon's role is etc. - the threat list should be coming soon, according to Dice

4. Clarion

Clarion Snow on the Sahara

Second team to get nominated:

Team: [Wifi NU] BroFist by New Breed
    Explanation: At a glance, New Breed's Pokemon in this team is very familiar due to the Pokemon presented. However, as the NU metagame has been adjusted, this team certainly adapted to the metagame's changes, including the addition of Escavalier in his team.

5. New Breed

New Breed ka$h

Team: Battle Realms: The Impetus of Nature
    Explanation: A successful UU team that is responsible for the rise in popularity of Sub + Disable Venemoth, proving that even with Venemoth dropping to LU it's still a massive threat in today's metagame. Overall a very well built RMT.

6. Emperor PPP

I love the way that New Breed and Soren nominated each other...

Team: [Wifi LU] Funny manly classy heads By Flapiflapo
    Explanation: The team showcase has a bit of a lack of LU teams, even towards the end of BW - and this team peaked at #1 and has risen the usage of Bouffalant in LU a lot... At least I think that's what's boosting it

7. Nexus

Nexus Legend Killer

Team: [Gen 5 Ubers] The-Spider-1-DW-Ubers-and-1-Wifi-Ubers

Why This team: Really well made Bulky offense team with Arceus for late game sweeping. It's success at the top of the Wifi ubers ladder and DW ubers ladder explains the solidity of the team in Both metas. It uses Choice Band groudon as it's surprise which I find interesting and effective

8. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Luck>Skill
    [Gen 1 OU] The standard team

Do I really have to explain why lol, as said in the introduction, it's the RBY team

9. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

10. fitzy

11. two sides of one coin

Actually, I would disagree with you there. I have tested it extensively in the new Ubers metagame, and while in theory they cause holes in the team, the semi hyper-offensiveness and sheer power of the team mean that 1) the team has counters to the new Kyurem formes and 2) they struggle to come in on a free switch anyway.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  12. Halsey

Halsey Wildstar

PO Trainer Name:
    Kat
    I support this nomination. I was going to nominate it myself right now but I saw Luck had done it already.

I'm just going to quote Jorgen

13. fitzy

Added.

14. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?16002-Who-said-Stall-doesn-t-work-in-LC
    For lack of a team for LC in the showcase I'd like to nominate this one, it's well presented and it's a really good team, not to mention it's a nice break from the norm so we don't put some standard team in there.
    Sadly enough that is the only team in the damn thing that's up to this metagame, except my own but I can't well nominate that can I.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  15. Emperor PPP

16. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

17. The Dude

The Dude The Mannis

18. fitzy

Added (eventually) the dark signers team. For meeps team I'd like someone to verify that teams works well enough in the new LU metagame, seems like with new additions it struggles a lot.

19. Emperor PPP

It does indeed struggle with the new meta

20. fitzy

Hmmm ok!

Removing weaviles rmt 3 days after it's added due to obvious reasons now. Shortest time a teams been showcased ever?

Would like opinions on which of the Uber teams (http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/forumdisplay.php?65-Teams&prefixid=5_ubers) to remove. Having 6 uber teams while others have much less is silly. And i'm p.sure some of these wouldn't work any more.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  21. Aurist

Meeps' team is totally outdated now, which sucks as it was a great team, but keep it on hold because come January I'm pretty sure a lot of the new drops that made this team ineffective will be going back up.

Platinum's is the most outdated ubers RMT, and the most unique thing on the team (Def Arceus) is kind of ineffective in current Ubers meta. Luck's Fudge Dragon Express also has a lot of difficulty in current Ubers meta. I'd probably also want to pick whichever is better to keep between Donkey's "6 sandy beasts" and Schroeder's "Of Moles and Beasts", both being fairly similar sand teams, I don't wanna call it on that one as I don't have experience with or against either.

22. iris

iris Member

The DPP Ubers team is quite bad but there is little to choose from i guess

23. Emperor PPP

Not too sure on the LU teams in there
    NB's one struggles with the current meta a bit, as does BR's
    But those are the only two

POST NEW LU TEAMS GUYS

24. Finchinator

Finchinator Addicted and just can't get enough

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?16765-Hurricanes-are-destructive-things.-(Peaked-10)

I would've suggested Meeps team but, this is just as good and if Meeps team just got in, I feel that 'Hurricanes are Destructive Things' deserves to be nominated.
    Although it didn't peak #1, #10 is a great ranking. It reached this high because of the powerful pokemon which this team packs while it is still able to defeat common threats in the metagame. Staring Moltres, this LU team is a stellar example of how the LU metagame currently is. Finally, this team doesn't struggle with the new LU metagame as Meeps does; I haven't looken into it much but, it seems to still counter the new checks.

25. Emperor PPP

Zoroark destroys half this team, js
    Also #10 in LU really isn't that hard IMO

26. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Luck>Skill
    [Gen 5 OU] Effetto Werther

One of my favourite BW2 teams as of now, a great mix of offense and defense. Amazing rain balanced team

27. emac

emac Emad

RISE OF ARTICUNO

This team is an absolute monster. In a tier of stall and crustle/bisharp everywhere, Meeps made a rather unconventional team that really dominates. It also showcases a couple of cool pokemon with low usage!

28. Aurist

i came here to nominate this team and then saw it already was. so seconding. great #1 team that i expect will become something of a standard if the tier doesn't shift too much

29. KM007

KM007 Banned

I would nominate my LC Ubers team as it is the only wifi lc ubers team here but I can't so.......
    http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?18292-Reckless this team by mylo xyloto

It's a good LC team and I've tried it and it works well. Nice synergy, balanced. A good team.

Also DragDrag>DragMag by michael should really get nominated and truuu offense by two chaniz.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  30. fitzy

No to your team(read op, don't nominate yourself).

If micheals dragon spam team is to be showcased, he'd first need to add full movesets to everything.

Truuu offensive seems like a good team, I'll ask some OU players what they think.

31. KM007

KM007 Banned

For one that's not my team that's another LC team by Mylo Xyloto. For 2 I was just saying that I would but I can't nominate mine.

32. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

As for KM007's nomination of "Reckless" I would say at first glance it seems solid, I will give it a play test and edit this post with if I think it should be in or not.

33. Michael

Michael Lance Dragon Master

Hi I appreciate the nomination

I have to say though, having more moves on Kyurem and Garchomp actually hinder them. Their sole purpose is to break walls down and cannot afford to be locked in coverage moves early-game or else the team falls apart. Same goes for Dragonite, people inporting the RMT will send it out to Fire Punch a Ferrothorn mid-game only to have a Politoad switch in. The lack of moves on certain pokes is to show how to play with the team.

If the showcase can't accept it due to incomplete sets then that's fine, I'm just not changing Kyurem and Garchomp.

34. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

As cool and successful the DragDrag team was/is (lol kland), I don't think it belongs in the Team Showcase, since it's more of a joke team than anything else. As far as Truuu offense goes, it's a fine team, but getting straight up demolished by a well played Tornadus-T or Scizor is a real bummer.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  35. Michael

Michael Lance Dragon Master

I agree with this

36. KM007

KM007 Banned

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  37. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    5th Gen OU Truu Offense

Although somewhat unconventional, user Two Chainz shows us a successful and innovative Weatherless-Offensive OU team. Not only does it deal with common teams / theats, as well as preform up-to-par for everyone who has used the team, so far, but, it is displayed elegantly in his RMT. I believe it is worthy of being part of the Team Showcase section.

38. KM007

KM007 Banned

Seconded, I meant to nominate Truuu Offense earlier but I forgot to, it is a nice balanced team that beats lots of weather teams.

39. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    HGSS OU - Hells Paradise

Basically, this is a top-notch Gen 4 OU team with a few nice sets (like Mixed Flygon and DD tar to a lesser extent) and amazing synergy.
    The best part is his strong presentation of the team, threat list, descriptions, and how good the team is - makin it worthy of being in an RMT archive like ours.

40. two sides of one coin

Gotta say, it's brilliantly done. His in-depth threat list is something all RMT'ers should have a look at.

Moderators: Edna, fsk