1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice

Team Showcase Nomination Thread

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by fitzy, Jul 25, 2012.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Clarion

Clarion Snow on the Sahara

Wow, no one appreciates Morning Sun's Smoke and Fire UU team.

Morning Sun's purely exceptional team building skills have been truly paid off in this team. The Pokemon in his team truly changed the perspective of most Underused players. Pretty much a stall team at first, but he has to pack a stallbreaker so that Stall will never outstall him, and Chandelure fit the bill very well.

2. Finchinator

Finchinator Addicted and just can't get enough Tier Leader Tier Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Cinemetropolis by ThatIsWhatSheSaid in Wifi UU
    ThatIsWhatSheSaid's UU Stall team has not only done well on the ladder (#1 by a large margin), but it also had success in Pokemon Online World Cup, in the wifi underused tier.
    Stall is unique in UU since many people turn to offensive in the current metagame. However, with utilizing new UU threat, Blissey, TiWSS presents a nearly flawless team.
    Also, their RMT has a lovely format and employs various unique sets like Foul Play Xatu and Physically Defensive Zapdos - which all work well in conjunction with each other on this team.
    Ever since I've taken up UU, I haven't seen a well-built stall team like this and I've been UUing on the ladder for hundreds of games. Definetly archive worthy.

3. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

I don't think we have any GSC teams in the team archive, and Jorgen has been so kind to help us with that.

He has posted the two archetypes in the GSC metagame: the standard offensive team and the defensive counterpart.

These are perfect teams to get into GSC, and therefore, they should be added to the team archive imo.

4. Scene

Scene reverie

LU needs a few more teams. Afro's Fidel Gastro is really nicely presented and did well on the ladder - it deserves to be in the showcase. Also can't avoid nominating my personal favourite team SharpStorm. Delaan did a wonderful job with this team and it's another pretty RMT, with the best threat list I've ever seen.

Oh, if you're upholding the rule that teams have to work right now discard the SharpStorm nom since illegal.

Finally, since VGC is due least one team, Iron's Frozen-Battlefield is a superb team that's easy to read and detailed, so it'd fit into the showcase nicely.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  5. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    Sharpstorm is no longer legal in LU due to Nidoqueen (and the suspected Tornadus).

6. fitzy

fitzy Heart of the cards Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

7. Rioku

Rioku Not again.

PO Trainer Name:
    Shou
    I haven't seen any B/W teams in the archive, so I would like to nominate Darkrai Fiasco. http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?21000-Black-White-2-Triples-Darkrai-Fiasco

I've seen this team in use several times, as well as having battled it. The simple design is incredibly hard to stop. It shows off the basics of B/W 2 triples in a way that works extremely well and is almost impossible to counter. There really should be some more triples teams in the archive.

8. ZoroDark

Alright, I took a look of at the Ubers RMTs. Personally, I think that only "the spider" by minutemaid and platinum's "my uber team" need to go. The former gets completely annihilated by Kyurem-W, and has some troubles with [email protected] Platinum's team is the oldest one in the team archive, and it dates back from a completely different metagame. Again, Soul Dew [email protected] are public enemy #1. Ho-Oh has become even more troublesome for plat to face now it got Regenerator.

As far as DW Ubers teams go, I don't think those need many changes. There haven't been any significant metagame shifts as far as I'm concerned, and the tier itself isn't nearly as active as it used to be (and yes, that's an understatement).

A second opinion is always appreciated!

9. Msyu

Msyu You don't qualify.

I am mostly in agreement with Zorodark concerning the status of the Ubers showcase. The teams belonging to Donkey and Luck>Skill are fine, creative examples of weather stall and balanced sun respectively. I wouldn't classify the three as outdated, as they still work very well against the present metagame. As for Minutemaid's "The Spider", it's hard to discount from a single threat, but it's true. The team has no viable answer to Choice Specs Kyurem-W. While it can work around the weakness slightly with Stealth Rock and clever play, all it takes is a single misprediction, and Ice Beam or Draco Meteor will tear a hole in the team's defensive core. Not to mention the uncommon, unreliable but powerful Focus Blast - the whole team is OHKOed. On another note, I'm not sure I agree with the Latias threat.

I don't have major criticisms against the other teams. I would consider Platinum's "My Ubers team~" moves and EVs questionable, likely as a result of being outdated. I wouldn't necessarily agree with Schroeder's "Of Moles and Beasts" tactics versus Kyogre (using Ho-Oh as bait to Brave Bird the switch-in, and Ferrothorn in conjuction with Sand as a check), but that may just be my personal preference, and the RMT precisely outlines the reasoning behind what I've just summarized.

10. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

The flipside is that he has SR and Spikes so Kyurem-W can take up to 50% switching in. It can be phased out, meaning it's dead next time. There's both ESpeed and Smeak on the team so Kyurem-W gets revenged easily. It has no free switch-ins on the team either. With a dedicated lead and a hard spin blocker, hazards are most likely up too, and finally Dialga is an emergency stop, being able to take a hit and either OHKO/phase. Kyurem-W is a threat yes, but with proper play it can be beaten.

11. Msyu

Msyu You don't qualify.

The argument of having hazards up to mitigate Kyurem-W's offensive presence and that there are no "free switch-ins" is a contradiction - it's one or the other. Both don't happen unless Kyurem-W has already torn a hole in the team. Also, Dialga is not an emergency stop, seeing as it is 2HKOed by Ice Beam and Dragon Pulse on the switch-in. Draco Meteor also OHKOes, so in these given circumstances, Dialga loses to Kyurem-W.

12. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

The Spider uses an SR lead and is built around hazards. It is not hard to envisage that full hazards are up.
    Plus unless Kyurem-W is EBelt it either gets locked into a move and is easily played round or can be LO stalled until it can't switch back in, which lets prio finish it off.

On paper it shreds the team, but not really in practice.

Also it's worth saying that if Kyurem-W is running DMeteor it allows Arceus to set up in its face and potentially sweep.

13. Liarliarpantsonfire

Liarliarpantsonfire Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Liarliarpantsonfire
    There is not many NU teams in the team showcase :\ I count only one and that's kinda outdated >.>

14. ZoroDark

I don't know if I'm supposed to argue here, but w/e. The point is, any player using Kyurem-W won't even need to predict. They just click Ice Beam, and everything on the team is 2HKOd AT WORST. Sure, the team is built around hazards. But most if not all Kyurem-W players will also have a plan to prevent hazards from hindering it. Dialga is the most popular SR lead, and many teams will have some kind of counter for it.

The Spider was an excellent team in its meta, but Kyurem-W shreds it now. In practice as well.

As far as the NU team problem goes, the metagame has been shifted so much lately. That's the only reason I see for the dearth of RMTs in that section. Liar's own NU team "Elemental Destruction" is the only one, but as a matter of fact it's really good. It utilizes some forgotten, popular sets from the past (CB Emboar), while encorporating new ones (bulky SD Samurott) to combat the new changes in the metagame

15. -Manaphy--

-Manaphy-- Overconsumption

I'd take the spider off, it's problem with Kyurem-W is that he has absolutely no Ice resists which means Kyurem-W can pretty much spam it and win vs. a weaken team. Secondly he doesn't have access to a Rapid Spinner so he's very suspectable to Spikestacking himself, and there's very little he can do against it.

16. puregenius

puregenius :<

not really sure if the archive is looking for creative or effective teams, but leon's team is definitely effective
    it is the age old sun team that has been done to death and proven to be effective, consisting of:

groudon
    ho oh
    hazard control
    latias/palk
    terra/gene/darkrai
    arceus

if we archive it, maybe people will stop posting it over and over and over and over

on an unrelated note id also put in manaphy's team
    it is an extremely well built balance team
    between gira o, rachi and grasseus, very little can break through
    specs ogre can break through walls, allowing grasseus to sweep or tops to spin
    he uses priority, paralysis support and a swift swimmer, letting him save a team slot instead of running a scarfer, which he puts to good use in dia as the glue to the team
    im not really sure what else there is to say, this is pretty much the definition of balance

17. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Now that Blissey's gone and Roserade is allowed in the tier, I believe Patapon Status in Harmony by Clarion deserves to be added to the archive.

Clarion's team fits into the metagame very well with the utilizing of unconventional but effective sets such as Scarf Xatu and Specs Gastrodon. Not only could this team be considered 'anti-meta' but it also works very well synergetically to win many games, as you can see by the peak of #1 on the ladder. Choice Banded Victini functions as a wallbreaker alongside Specs Gastrodon and it forms a FWG core with Bulky Pivot Amoonguss. Also, Cobalion fits in well to support the team with SR, a physical wall / pivot, and a fighting type attacker. Overall, this team is very good and the RMT was formated well, too!

18. -Manaphy--

-Manaphy-- Overconsumption

I'm agreeing with puregenius in this one, that specific Sun team archetype has been done over and over and it's simply a pretty effective team.

I won't comment about my team lol (I'm fine with it in)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  19. Big Bad Booty Daddy

Big Bad Booty Daddy Big Poppa Pump

PO Trainer Name:
    -
    I'd like to back-up Soren's suggestion of Smoke and Fire

I've used this plenty of times on the UU Ladder, and I even ran into it a few times. Using creative Pokemon/cores to deal with common threats is very impressive. Utilizing underused Pokemon like SpD Meloetta, fully defensive Scolipede, and Stallbreaker Chandelure gives this team great surprise value and is definitely one of the best, if not the best UU Stall team I've ever seen. And like Soren said, definitely changed the perspective of many UU players. I'm a bit surprised it went under the radar tbh.

20. Fegelein

Fegelein The Mechanic

PO Trainer Name:
    Fegelein
    Agreeing with Patapon, disagreeing with Smoke and Fire.

Patapon has great synergy, allowing it to take on nearly everything in the tier effectively, while offering its own unique twist with Gastrodon as well. It really shines in this offensive based meta to deal with a lot of common threats.

While Smoke and Fire is an amazing team, the reason it works is because of the surprise factor. If you know the sets the opponent is running, you're going to have a much easier time dealing with it. It's still effective even if you know the sets, but it's purpose is to catch the opponent off guard, and it loses that purpose when you know the team well.

21. Fille

Fille True GenderBender

PO Trainer Name:
    N/A
    Agreeing with both Patapon and Smoke and Fire by Clarion and Morning Sun.

Patapon has great synergy, and some rather original ways to deal with the common threats of UU, being one of the first teams using the Amoonguss, and one of the only ones in UU with a Gastrodon (I believe it's still there at least).

As for Morning Sun's Smoke and Fire, I will use the same argument. With Meloetta as a bulky cleric, and a Chandelure that's not offensive, this is a great way to deal with common fire/Fighting threats (Chandelure) and healing (No Umbreons).

22. phucvn

phucvn Cheap player

PO Trainer Name:
    phucvn
    Now that Landoru-I has been banned, I think we should remove Truu offense by 2chainz
    BUMP!!!!

23. Laurel

Laurel Well-Known Member

The point of the team showcase is to show how the metagames progress over time. Half the teams in team showcase have banned Pokemon - that's the point. 2Chainz team is perfect because it shows how broken Landorus-I really was.

24. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    How about you read the OP before posting? Just some advice!

25. Laurel

Laurel Well-Known Member

Is there a showcase and an archive on PO? Im confused.

26. The Dude

The Dude The Mannis

I believe there is an archive on the wiki, but not on the forums. There should be both here also imo since more people are likely to look and find them here.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  27. fitzy

fitzy Heart of the cards Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

As far as I'm concerned the showcase should be for people who want to use current teams and not get put into the tier above.

Removed it.

28. 2 Chainz

2 Chainz Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Two Chainz, 2 Chainz
    :) I'm very pleased that my team made it in the first place. TY to all who supported it and found it to be a well made team. I would like to point out that Rise of the Princess, another great team, by Dice contains Landorus as well.

Taking someone down with me ;)

29. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Badged Deucer

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    Can they be moved to the archive on the wiki or somewhere then?
    Good teams shouldn't go to waste :P

30. Liarliarpantsonfire

Liarliarpantsonfire Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Liarliarpantsonfire
    Can I nominate Ships in the Night by ZoroDark? It's pretty much the standard of what Uber Rain offense should look like, and the fact that at least two players peaked number 1 using this team only shows even more how good it is. I'm sure that other people will agree with this.

31. Champ X

Champ X The real Megauser

Agreeing with Liarliarpantsonfire. Ships in the Night is an offensive team that pretty much shows what offensive rain teams look like. It's incredibly good, and my only problem with it is bulky EK Arceus potentially setting +2 up on Forretress (It is hit hard by Gyro, so it isn't too much of a problem).

32. MetalGross

MetalGross gems…

Ships in the Night is a truly great team, seeing I'm the other person who managed to peak #1 with it. It's a great offensive Rain team which can handle most threats in the metagame, which is not easy to do.

Tbh bulky Arceus isn't a big problem if you play right with Arceus-Ghost/Forretress, but in Ubers there's always the point where you get swept by it. Ships in the Night has a Genesect, Offensive Arceus-Ghost and Forretress which should be enough. When I played with the team the main problems were Palkia and Dialga. The unpredictability of Palkia's sets is what makes it really threatening, and Arceus-Ghost is the safest switch-in but it still gets OHKOd by Specs Hydro Pump in rain, while Choice Scarf outspeeds ZoroDark's 2 scarfers. After figuring out the set it's easier to take down with Genesect and Kyogre both outspeeding the non-scarfed variants and Kabutops easily dealing 60-70% with Stone Edge. Dialga is another threat for this team, seeing how it can get up SR and then proceed to use Draco Meteor/Thunder Wave which are both annoying moves to take. Most of the time I switched to Ghostceus and weakened it with Focus Blast which would be enough so other team member could finish it. Another problem is the lack of Groudon switch-in, but having a safe switch is not what offense is about anyway.

Ships in the Night is a great offensive in the way of easily picking up momentum and firing off powerful attacks while having a great flexibility thanks to 2 scarfers and a Swift Swimmer, and imo deserves to be archived.

33. phucvn

phucvn Cheap player

PO Trainer Name:
    phucvn
  34. Mylo Xyloto

Mylo Xyloto if your world falls apart, i'd start a riot

PO Trainer Name:
    Mylo Xyloto
    Team: [Gen 5 UU] [Peaked #1] Scarfkrow
    Explanation:
    T-Dog showcases the how good and underrated Scarf Honchkrow is. Coupled with only Stealth Rock, from a special defensive Metagross, and a solid offence core of CB Flygon and Specs Rotom, Honchkrow can be devastating lategame. T-Dog uses Special Defensive Metagross as an all round tank and effective user of Stealth Rock. The combination of Choice Band Flygon and Choice Specs Rotom-H, is amazing. They both weaken each other's checks and softening the opposing team for Honchkrow to sweep. They also form a little annoying VolTurn core, keeping momentum on T-Dog's side. The use of Blastoise and Cofagrigus is to remove hazards from his side and keep hazards on the opponent's side. Cofagrigus also beats common Fighting types. All-in-all this is an effective team with which T-dog peaked #1 and deserves to be in the Team Showcase SubForum.

PS: Where's the UU color smh

35. SOMALIA

SOMALIA The King.

Team: [Gen 5 UU] [Peaked #1] Scarfkrow
    Echoing the above post; T-Dog's team is pretty interesting and is a perfect example of Volt-turn in UU. There is not much to say about this team bar the fact that it reaching no.1 by various users is a testament to how solid it is. Specially Defensive Metagross is an underrated Pokemon and on numerous occasions i have watched it tanked and took out common Special Attackers such as Shaymin, Empoleon, Raikou etc.

36. -Leon-

-Leon- bae <3

PO Trainer Name:
    -Leon-
    I'd like to nominate Hack's sun team Droughtfest,which IMO is one of the best sun HO team and covers almost everything in the tier and has high offensive presence and is quite non-standard.It also has achieved good records on ladder and in some tours on smogon.

37. Edgar

Edgar I'm the ruler of the free world

ZoroDark's Ships in the Night since it's a really generic HO Rain team.

38. Ramiel

Ramiel On our backs. In our hearts.

PO Trainer Name:
    Gurren Lagann
    Now that I got the team rater badge... I can finally gather enough confidence to post here!
    Recommending Smart Kid's Nice n Hot for Ubers Showcase. A nice balance of creativity and competitivity that is also perfectly viable in the ladder or tournaments.

39. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Badged Deucer

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    Seconding what Ramiel says, though Ramiel knows the tier so much better than I.

40. NAVIDAD PIRATE

NAVIDAD PIRATE Tasty!

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    agreeing with this nomination; ScarfKrow is probably one of the most well balanced teams I've ever seen

Moderators: Edna, fsk