1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

MoveMachine and Database troubles

Discussion in 'Database Modifications' started by leccosta, Aug 14, 2012.

1. leccosta

leccosta New Member

Hi, I'm trying to make a modded server with characters from the anime Fairy Tail as pokemons. So I started replacing Bulbasaur for my first Fakemon. Then I ran into two problems:

First, I erased ALL the moves from Bulbasaur from ALL generations and put my Fakemon's moves in the Level category from BW2. But when I load the mod in teambuilder there still are some breeding and tutor moves from Bulbasaur! (To use MoveMachine in the mod, I copied and pasted the MoveMachine.exe and .dll foles in the folder above the mod)

And second, I switched the type of Bulbasaur to my Fakemon's type (Fire/Dragon), and in the teambuilder it appears Fire/Dragon. But in the battles its still treated as a Grass/Poison (fire-type moves are super effective etc.

Any help with those problems?

2. Arceus

Arceus Member

Did you remove the moves in the various subgen files?

Make sure the server is also running the same mod as your client is. I am guessing that is your problem.

3. leccosta

leccosta New Member

Yes, I removed the moves in the subgen files and my server has the same mod, but the moves are still there. I only removed from the subgen files from folder 5G, do I need to remove from all of them?

And about my second problem? Any help?

4. Arceus

Arceus Member

You will need to remove the moves from 4G and 3G for it since a Pokemon in 5G could get moves from that far back.

5. leccosta

leccosta New Member

Okay, I removed the moves manually from all generations folders but it didn't help. Another suggestion?