1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2] Monoice

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Side Metagames' started by Noob, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Noob

Noob New Member

Well, firstly I'm not sure if this is correct sub-forum to make this thread, so if u have to move it to another sub forum, do it.
    I complain about monoices, every winner of monotype tournament has monoice team (also if u ladder, u will find them). That's because they have weather (+ abussers; u might miss 5 bullet punch cos of snow cloak as happened with me, or althought ur pokemon is steel type, u die/freeze cos of blizzards) and the terrible kyurem W which make disasters... i suggest to forbide abomasnow or kyurem... if not, it's too unstopable (unless u use monosteel ._.). Besides its also boring and disgusting to find so many monoice teams and lose against them (althought opponent is bad player, but having that abusser team, u can't do anything)...

2. T-Dogg

T-Dogg Member

3. Brood

Brood New Member

If Ice is still overpowered after Kyurem-W is done being suspect, then ban snow cloak (Mamoswine can still use thick fat and Froslass can use cursed body).

4. TheOneThatGotAway

TheOneThatGotAway Banned

Hi, I am a monoice type user and I suggest you ban Kyruem. I have never lost a battle with him by my side. But since its no fun, I plan on switching him out.

5. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

Not sure about Kyurem-W's impact on it, but without the guy I'm certain it's not OP enough to warrant any further restrictions, annoying though Snow Cloak may be.
    It's simply another good mono with a plethora of tricks to use.

6. Brood

Brood New Member

Why are you so certain of this? Ice team Snow Cloak abuse is just like the UU Sand Veil abuse from back when Hippos were allowed.

7. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

If you think Sand Veil was the reason for Hippo's ban, you should probably go back and actually read the fucking thread.

8. Brood

Brood New Member

Haha someone takes his POKEMON a little too seriously. Getting riled up over something like this? Or maybe you are one of those immature types who thinks arbitrary cussing makes him look cool. You should take a moment to think about how lame you are either way.

Anyways, you are wrong if you think sand veil wasn't a factor. Your response implies that you think there was only one reason for the ban, or that I think that (which is a dumb assumption).

9. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Insulting the person who responded to you in an aggressive manner does not make you look like the better person. He also did not say anywhere in his post that he thought Sand Veil wasn't a factor.

Anyway I doubt we need this thread anymore since the Kyurem formes are getting bannedtested, so it should probably be locked. Especially if it's going to degenerate into this.

10. User Name

User Name Life is a maze

Kyu-W's already been banned, and we already have a thread for Kyu-B.

@Brood
    Played against it when Kyu-W didn't exist. While a very powerful mono, it wasn't really broken.
    Still very aggravating to battle against (MonoIce is most annoying mono, IMO), but not overbearing.

11. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

lol. I was actually very involved in that test. The reasons Sand was banned in UU were Stoutland destroying any form of revenge killing, Sand damange and extra-effects for overcentralizing the tier around sand and its counters. Items such as Life Orb, and anything that wanted to use Morning Sun or Moonlight for healing (Cresselia, Arcanine, etc). There were a whole bunch of reasons, but Sand Veil, out of all of the reasons for a Sand ban, was the least of them, if it mattered at all.

The only thing that actually used Sand Veil to any extent was Gligar, which doesn't have anywhere near the offensive presence to do anything with it. Cacturne was shitty in UU and did almost nothing against any legitimate team.

Anyway, I don't see hail as any form of a problem any more, but I'll leave this open for some other opinions.

12. Brood

Brood New Member

"The reason" is singular, not plural. His post implied that either he thought there was only one reason, or that I thought that. Neither of those implications were true. Need I explain more?

I would hope not.

13. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Your post implied - whether you can see the implication or not - that you did think that was, at the very least, a huge reason for sand being banned, when it really played a small part.

I'd also like it if you didn't take that tone since the first part of my post still applies.