1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Already made Pokemon Sets

Discussion in 'Implemented' started by Slateer, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Slateer

Slateer #Slatizzle Baby

I think it would be cool if on The Teambuilder allowed you to chose From a List of Premade Sets for a Pokemon. I think it would be useful espcially for Noobs and People new to the Game.
    Now by Premade Set I made things that you would usually find on Smogon. I think itll be cool if in The Teambuilder you got a "Help" Button or something and when you chose a Pokemon The Builder can make sets and depending on a Pokemon Posistion,Synergy, etc.
    For example say I put Infernape as my Lead A Set like this would probably appear:
    ~ Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Stone Edge / Mach Punch
    ~ U-turn

But if not a Set like this may Appear:
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Fire Punch / Flare Blitz
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Stone Edge / Mach Punch

I think itll be a very useful Feature espeicaly to those new to the Game. Im not sure how it can be done But I think thatll put PO one step in front of PS and itll be a great installment

2. Sov

Sov Bravely Default

PO Trainer Name:
    Sov
    We have boxes on PO that will save a Pokémon with a certain moveset already in the TeamBuilder. A noob can easily copy Smogon or PO Wiki movesets and save them in their TeamBuilder for later use. And you double-posted this thread... :v

3. Slateer

Slateer #Slatizzle Baby

Yeah but itll be easier for A Noob to use them if they can pop up on The Teambuilder Automatically wouldnt it? I nean a Total Noob wouldnt even know of Smogon and then at least they can get help. And Also a Box can only how premade Pokemon, I just think its more fair to give Noobs something to build on. I mean I made plenty of Failed sets that are in my Box now and Im not new but I Know which ones will fail and which ones wont. Somebody Know wont know and at least if the Sets come up Automatically then Then can learn to see how they can get better in whatever Tier they aspire to be start in.

4. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    Kyrk
    I don't think it's a bad idea; an update can come preloaded with sets or have downloadable boxes of sets like some NU sets here available for different tiers. If that was the case, it would require someone willing to spend a long time gathering many sets into a downloadable file though...

5. Slateer

Slateer #Slatizzle Baby

I can do the gathering but......It will proboally be the end of the Schoolyear before I did >.<

6. Elements

Elements BOOMER SOONER

PO Trainer Name:
    Elements
    A project like this called the "Pokemon Box Project" was already worked on like two years ago; however, with the constantly changing metagame and the sheer amount of work that would go into a project like this it was abandoned.

7. Ryan 11

Ryan 11 Banned

It probably would be better just to go on Smogon University for sets or just to make a thread on good pokemon sets.

8. Slateer

Slateer #Slatizzle Baby

So by the look of itvyou guys went on wth my suggestion(going by 2.07 upgrades)?

9. Lamperi

Lamperi I see what you did there

Yes, the guy who made the Smogon Plugin essentially implemented this suggestion. I'm marking as [Done].