1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[OC] [Beginner] Golden Sun Mafia - End: Won by Town of Prox

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by "Bad To The Bone" Balla, Sep 6, 2012.

1. braveswin11

braveswin11 I am back

PO Trainer Name:
    braveswin11
    :(

Lynch Expert Belt Latios

Look at the last page >.>

2. Expert Belt Latios

Expert Belt Latios Member

PO Trainer Name:
    CBTerrakion
  3. braveswin11

braveswin11 I am back

PO Trainer Name:
    braveswin11
    lolwhy

4. Expert Belt Latios

Expert Belt Latios Member

PO Trainer Name:
    CBTerrakion
  5. Nicehat

Nicehat PO client damage calc: preview.tinyurl.com/o8e7hss

Lynch Expert Belt Latios

Unless someone has a much better idea, I suppose this is the best way to go right now; therefore, I'll put my vote here.

6. Nicehat

7. "Bad To The Bone" Balla

"Bad To The Bone" Balla so B.A.D.

yeah expert belt latios got lynched.

8. braveswin11

braveswin11 I am back

PO Trainer Name:
    braveswin11
    >still says day in the title

9. "Bad To The Bone" Balla

only one death again!

It is day again: TOWN if you mislynch today, you lose.

10. Nicehat

The bad news is that we're in LYLO. The good news is that I finally have a result.

First, here's my role:

My Night Actions:

N0: Targeted Trosh, got "did not target anyone"
    N1: Targeted Salvapot, got "did not target anyone"
    N2: Targeted Abdelrahman, got "targeted ProfDEADPOOL"
    N3: Targeted Xinc, got "did not target anyone"
    N4: Targeted Expert Belt Latios, got "action failed".
    N5: Targeted Braveswin11, got "did not target anyone"
    N6: Targeted Trademark, got "targeted Salvapot"

As you can see, my results are a point in favour for Braveswin11 (and possibly Xinc, though since that was so early I can't be sure he wasn't just idling). Although I can't comment on TIWSS (since I haven't checked), it should be clear that by far the most likely candidates for the remaining mafia are Trademark and either TIWSS or Xinc.

I leave it to Braveswin11 to choose which one of those will be the last remaining mafia, since by claiming this it is near guaranteed that I will die the next night after we lynch this mafia. However, right now, the clear choice is to lynch Trademark, who has managed to slip under the radar for quite some time, and who my result definitely incriminates.

Lynch Trademark

11. braveswin11

braveswin11 I am back

PO Trainer Name:
    braveswin11
    Ok. We are in da pickle.

TIWSS claimed to Salva when he asked for pr's as a villy, so I am pretty sure he's clean.
    Xinc hasn't claimed to ANYONE, so idk.
    Trademark is odd, he claimed to abdel as a pr, but never pmed salva.

Now with nicehat's results.It's seems to be pointing at trademark.There was one kill against the Heroes of Vale in night 3, and if xinc is with prox he either idled or couldn't kill, but he could be with vale.

Xinc and Trademark and TIWSS. I WANT YOUR ROLE PMS OR U WILL DAI

FOR NOW
    Lynch Trademark

12. braveswin11

braveswin11 I am back

PO Trainer Name:
    braveswin11
    Someone call xinc pl0x

13. Nicehat

I'm not convinced that that role PM is true, but if it is it will definitely be interesting for LYLO, and at any rate it's information, and information is always handy.

I really want to know about Xinc now, (plus at this rate he's the most suspicious), so:

Unvote
    Vote Xinc

Note that I do not consider Trademark cleaned, it's just that the more information we get, the better it will be for the village, and at any rate Xinc looks like the best lynch for the moment.

edit: To clarify, I believe the best lynch this day is either Xinc or TIWSS, since the truthfulness of Trademark's role can either be proven or disproven the next night, just in time for the final day. At this point, Xinc is a better lynch as he is more likely to be mafia.

edit2: I personally believe that Trademark's role is more likely to be faked than not.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  14. ThatIsWhatSheSaid

ThatIsWhatSheSaid seasoned vet

For what its worth, here's my role pm.

Role PMs at this point shouldn't mean much since they can easily be faked. However do keep in mind that I sent this to SalvaPot early on.

Also, I'd like to note the massive amount of PRs that have already been revealed in this game and have now claimed. We've had a Doctor, 1 time revive, Killer, Vote discounter, Hook, Safeguard, Inspector, Mayor, and now have people claiming Bullet-proof vest, watcher, and Magnet (or w/e you call Trademark's role). I think its more than likely that one and maybe two of these are lying. I personally am suspicious of Braveswin, who's claiming of BPV seemed too poorly timed and appeared to me to be a very anti-town play.

However, I will admit that Xinc also is very suspicious, and our lynchings of people who failed to claim have so far worked out for us (see Expert Belt Latios, Darkcrimson). So yeah, I agree with the Xinc lynch.

Lynch Xinc

15. "Bad To The Bone" Balla

ok there were two votes on Xinc which means he gets voted

Which mean the TOWN OF PROX wins this game!

Trademark also lost, he was:

as did Braveswin11:

That means Nicehat and ThatIsWhatSheSaid win golden sun mafia!

They also got a teamkill etc.

16. Marcello.

Marcello. Ethereal Horizon

Well played Nicehat, you completely had me. Sorry Village, in my last hours I guess I told Trosh to rely too heavily on Nicehat. Deepest apologies for that.

17. NAVIDAD PIRATE

NAVIDAD PIRATE THE PLEASURE OF BEING CUMMED INSIDE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    saturos and menardi won together, that's kinda cool

18. "Bad To The Bone" Balla

but its funny because ingame they die !

19. Nicehat

Why is the game over, there's still 5 people alive and regardless of that I personally had no idea it was a majority lynch at LYLO (else I would have just kept my vote on Trademark and TIWSS could hammer).

I'll post post-game thoughts and such in a bit.

20. braveswin11

braveswin11 I am back

PO Trainer Name:
    braveswin11
    :/ :\

Well played.

Xinc where were you ;-;

21. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

BS. I was just about to paste the role pm and lynch myself.

-1 vote

22. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

Saw the Nicehat claim coming xd
    braveswin was actually bulletproof? oh vb

23. ThatIsWhatSheSaid

ThatIsWhatSheSaid seasoned vet

I felt like the town was a tad OP, tbh. Things just went our way and Nicehat played very well.

It was fun, thanks for hosting vb etc etc

24. Shiny Rayquaza

Shiny Rayquaza Your nightmare!

Oh look, winners. Gratz...Yeah, town was a bit *cough* alot of roles *cough*.

25. LILY-FLAME

LILY-FLAME Member

i die
    "hay bg protect me"

26. Nicehat

I just realized that because Xinc doesn't have a positive vote, it's impossible for town to get a majority to lynch someone anyway.

This is probably why it's better to keep negative voters out of majority-lynch setups (and also why the lynch process shouldn't change drastically at LYLO...).

I'll post my post-game thoughts and analysis tonight, when I'm on a computer.

27. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

I have to say, town was seriously op, imo.

28. Nicehat

warning: might be a bit long; also these are just my opinions

~
    Setup comments:

Honestly, the setup was really power-heavy. The Reviver is obviously a fairly ridiculous role, when there's full reveal on death (res whoever dies n1 and you have a guaranteed town leader), although fortunately they never got an opportunity to use their ability. Full bulletproof town is just an OP role in general; honestly, with that role, it's pretty much impossible for town to lose if it's played correctly (i.e. don't claim bulletproof). The Mafia safeguarder was also quite a powerful role, in that it can shut off quite a number of opposing roles.

Still, I think the Mafia and Town were both quite powerful (maybe the Town was a bit stronger), but the lone roles were way too weak; survivor roles aren't interesting in the slightest (town role that gets to betray the town if it suits them, whee), and the lone role was honestly a bit weak (needed something more to protect them from the Mafia, like a 1-shot BPV or something maybe).

I think there's a chance that there's one town role too many, but the survivor makes it difficult to get the right balance (and probably shouldn't have existed in the first place, it isn't an interesting role in the slightest). The large number of kills also makes it rather swingy (vig + mafia + 3rd party is a lot of deaths). There's also too many random PRs; things like the vote discounter, the negative voter, and the mayor were probably unnecessary.

There's also the feeling that the setup is already town-sided because every role is unique, so it becomes easy for townies to clean themselves through massclaim; honestly in a theme game like this, I feel you need to reserve a few characters for fakeclaims that the Mafia can use, because otherwise it becomes too likely that you'll either a) claim the same character as someone else, or b) claim a character that isn't part of the same type of group as everyone else. Having one or two safeclaims helps mitigate that risk and makes massclaim (which is the most boring "strategy" ever) much weaker.

Individual comments:
    Teammates:
    Xerxesbreak: He at least sent in his night actions, got his results to everyone and contributed to discussion a few times (which would be close to the minimum I would be happy with). Overall I feel that he was acceptable as a teammate, though his death was a bit unfortunate as Darkcrimson was still alive.

Darkcrimson: Disappearing for a while was unfortunate (though I can't blame you <i>too</i> much as the game was pretty dead at the time). You came back though, so that makes up for it~

TIWSS: I ended up talking and strategizing with him the most, and he was definitely a very good person to have as a teammate. His claim was pretty good and his insights were very helpful, so I'm really glad to have had him as an ally.

Town (people and events I can remember):
    LILY-FLAME:
    This post got LILY-FLAME killed N1. Try guessing why this post made them an ideal target for the mafia N1 (my personal opinion in hide tag).
    Asking for a "villager" to claim either implies that they want someone with no powers to claim, or that they want someone town-sided to claim to lead town. Since they obviously aren't Mafia (from the point of view of the Mafia), and standing out this early makes it unlikely that they're a third party, since those roles would generally prefer to blend in a bit at the beginning, this makes the term "villager" lean towards the meaning of "non-Power Role" (otherwise why not just claim themselves?). This leaves LILY-FLAME's identity as likely being 1) a town power role (since they aren't claiming), that 2) would benefit from having someone lead the village.[/HIDE]

Salvapot: Claiming early took initiative, and even though it seems few people claimed to you at the beginning, claiming early on ended up paying off a lot as later on you ended up (partially) leading the town~

Abdel: mafia mvp Seriously though, although some decisions ended up backfiring a lot, it was probably for the better than you claimed as you, along with Trosh and Salvapot ended up eventually getting most of town united, so that was pretty effective. Still, you were really unlucky with your rand and night actions :xx

Cheezeburgar: #1 claim (and also why you should demand role PMs and/or night actions when people claim, it makes their claim much more credible and possibly verifiable).

Marcello.: Marcello. getting subbed in definitely made the game a lot more interesting and was definitely a wake-up call for both the village and the mafia. He played well, though don't bother trying to cut deals with the main opposing mafia team, it will never work.

Braveswin11
    : If you're actually bulletproof, you should probably not claim your real role in public. Although fakeclaiming as town is probably wrong 99% of the time, when you are actually completely bulletproof I feel it's in the town's best interest to fakeclaim (just taking out the bulletproof portion would have been enough of a fakeclaim) as 1) bulletproof claims (especially full bulletproof instead of 1-shot) should be lynched on sight, and 2) if you claim something else there's a chance you'll draw the mafia kill.

Other notes:
    Other than the n1 kill, the rest of the mafia kills were rather straightforward; killing off the claimed vig N2, the safeguarder that we had managed to find with Xerxes' inspect N3, and then just systematically killing off the village leaders. Trosh was killed before Salvapot because he was (supposedly) a Mayor.

I was planning to claim inspector to Salvapot but when Marcello. subbed in and claimed it, I quickly changed to Tracker. Thankfully I was vague enough in my softclaim so I didn't end up incriminating myself and the death flavour made it easy enough to figure out who Abdel vigged n2 (which given my attitude about Abdel at the time would have made sense), otherwise it could have been pretty unfortunate.

Having a quicktopic to talk in was really good, it made it easier to keep in touch with teammates and was much easier to a) plan and b) check what you were planning to do later, as it kept a permanent record of conversation that was easy to check, rather than having a bunch of random PM logs or whatever.
    ~
    P.S.: Would it be possible for VB (or jalmont) to post the night actions and order of resolution for night actions (priorities)?