1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Video Games] League of Legends

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jcpdragonx, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Jcpdragonx

Jcpdragonx the business business

I have been playing a fair bit of this game. It's fun with plenty of variety, but not much gameplay versatility (if that makes sense).

A few people play it on here, just curious if anyone else does and thoughts on the game.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
  2. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

I started playing about a month ago. So far I like the game and I play mainly with some friends from Smogon who started around the same time.

So far my favorite champions to use are Cho'Gath, Morgana, and Ashe.

With the new free week I figured it was a good time as ever to try my hand at jungling so I've been giving Udyr a try. I'm also looking forward to giving Blitz a shot.

3. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

I don't play it, but I'm interested... convince me, what's worth playing in it :3 i've been looking for a new RPG-type game for a while now, one that sates my want to play Guild Wars but without being Guild Wars (I've long worn out my interest in GW, and I don't have the money/technology to play GW2 :<) will this do that?

4. Machineae

Machineae ex NU leader

Its a MOBA, not an RPG.

5. DarkDiglett

DarkDiglett free pridy

Been playing since varus was on title screen, idk when that was.
    Prefer to play top or mid as I find it hard to communicate when in a duo lane.

Top, I main Renekton/Malphite and occasionally play Jarvan
    Mid, I main Katarina/ziggs and Fizz but i'm trying to learn xerath atm

Overall it's a fun game, however in my first 5 ranked games someone has disconnected and the team I was on has lost because of this, which kinda put me off playing ranked :<

6. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    Same here. I think that was June 2012. idk.

Top: I like Shen, who is always banned, and Irelia. Shen's cool because of his ult, and Irelia's hidden tankiness with true damage is fun.
    Mid: Orianna, Morgana and TF. I like the zoning of Ori, the utility of Morg and the power of TF.
    ADC: Graves and Ezreal are obv, though I play most of them. They're all really similar.
    Support: I play every single support in the game. Leona is my favorite though.
    Jungle: I don't jungle.

I love the game because of the diversity and the team work. I play with youtube friends and such while we talk on skype. I'd really recommend it.

7. Warmth of Winter

Warmth of Winter Member

PO Trainer Name:
    ded
    League of Legends is, as Machineae said, a MOBA (multi-player battle arena). While it IS rather addictive, it doesn't have the same appeal an MMORPG would (you still "grind" in a sense, but it's a generic creep, which spawn in waves). LoL is more about team co-ordination and winning your lane, as opposed to grinding for equips and conquering your raid. Still pretty fun though, and there's 100 and some champions to play (each with a unique kit of a passive, 3 standard skills, and an ultimate skill), which is neat.

8. T-Dogg

T-Dogg Member

Bumpers because this game is cool.

I started playing a few months ago and have been hooked, it's a lot of fun.
    I main top with Irelia (way too strong). I also like playing mid (mostly as Lux) and bot (Caitlyn or Ashe).
    I've tried learning how to jungle but I didn't really enjoy it (too much pressure). No interest in learning support.

Anyway, flick me a PM or whatever if you want my name to add. If I'm on I'll usually be keen to play a match, and playing with people you know is always better.

9. Elements

Elements BOOMER SOONER

PO Trainer Name:
    Elements
    I have never actually played League of Legends, but if it is anything like World of Warcraft then I wouldn't give it a chance. I get addicted to MMO type of games. Also LoL took meztips and destinybond away from us :<

10. T-Dogg

T-Dogg Member

It's not even close to the same genre...

11. Drapht

Drapht Move on

I've been playing for a few months now, usually switching roles and "mains" randomly every couple of weeks. Recently I've been maining swain mid, Warwick/Xin Zhao top, cho jungle and eve bot. The only thing I hate about the game is when you get stuck with an idiot and you lose just under an hour playing painfully :(

12. DarkDiglett

DarkDiglett free pridy

Kha'Zix mid is op as fuck atm. Pretty much insta kills the squishy ap mids, however bruiser meta getting a lot more popular.
    Also Eve nerfs make me sad, riot hasn't been nerfing champs by tweaking them slightly each patch, but by taking a huge shit on them, see: Diana, Rengar and soon, Eve.

Just picked up Zed and learning to play him atm, he seems really strong, he can cs really well early with his passive and mid/late with e/q, first game got 205 cs at 20 mins, so quite happy, his lack of sustain is annoying though. Way too addicted to this game <.<

13. Drapht

Drapht Move on

Here's how you sustain (play) Zed:
    [​IMG]

14. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic It's no use!

Unfortunately I prefer Pokemon to LoL, which is weird(I think). LoL games take far too long, from half hour to one hour or even more, and Pokemon is a lot more flexible. Also if I choke(I do in both LoL and PO), LoL chokes snowball while Pokemons' can be mitigated to a certain extent with good play.

Back on topic, I am an avid "Judge a book by its cover" user, and I only use cute and cuddly(and maybe short) Champions. The only exception I made was with ?Shaco. He is a very powerful 1v1 fighter, ultimate ganker+jungler, but the worst AoE fighter.

Otherwise, I use Annie, Poppy, and also Lulu to a great amount of skill.

15. profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL INSANE Professer

Lately I have been working on improving my TF play. I quite like him but not that good against humans. Getting better every game though.

I do def like Jungle the most for roles. IMO the order of roles is this Jungle>Mid>Top>Support>ADC.

16. T-Dogg

T-Dogg Member

I played Morgana when she was free. She really felt like an inferior Lux. Their three basic abilities are all really similar.
    Q is basically the same attack.
    Both have shields.
    Both have AOE.
    It's only their ults which are vastly different, and I much preferred Lux's.

Am I right or am I just playing Morgana wrong?

17. profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL INSANE Professer

Morgana's ult is ridic good if you land it in a teamfight.

Morg's shield prevents CC from spells.

But yea they are pretty similar design wise.

18. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    I'd like this thread to be more about creating teams, and mini tournaments and stuff because I know a lot of us here also play LoL, and why not bond over pokemon and LoL?

Any one else interested in making some Ranked 5s Teams, Duo Queues, or Tournaments?

EDIT: Looks like there is some interest.

For those looking for duo partners, I've made a Private Channel on LoL's NA Server called PokemonOnline (no spaces).
    To get there look here: [​IMG]

For those who have 5s teams, post the name here.

For those looking for a team use this format:

Code (text):
    2. [B]Summoner Name:[/B]
    3. [B]Level (Should be 30, or close to it):[/B]
    4. [B]Preferred Roles (In Order):[/B]
    If someone wants to lead a EUW or any other server thing in this thread, just tell me.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  19. T-Dogg

T-Dogg Member

Keen as.
    I'm not very good (currently level 28), should be 30 in a couple of weeks. Willing to play anything except support.

Username: TDoggPO

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  20. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

I'd be down for making a team, but I won't have a ton of time to play over the next month until classes are over. Currently I am Silver 3 and I am willing to start practicing/maining anything but support.

21. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    Just noticed this thing got merged, editing my post, join as you wish.

22. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic It's no use!

Well so I haven't played LoL for about 2 months(PO is more fun!), well now I realised there was a giant patch and all the items got a new boost and even some characters like annie have undergone some changes

Need to get back up to scratch.

Also, I play SEA LoL, sorry guys :o

23. TripleRhu

TripleRhu

I'm the best feeder at my school.

I play Jax, Riven, and Zed.

24. Li Q. Assir

Li Q. Assir Mindblower

I prefer those AP mid. I use Anivia, Veigar and I have recently bought LeBlanc :)

25. Blind Pilot

Blind Pilot New Member

Lol is best game ever. I'm a level thirty who plays anywhere (preferably top or mid). Nasus, Kennen, Fiora, and Cassiopeia are my favorites.

Username: Taint Taster - if anyone wants to hit me up.

26. Jalmont

Jalmont nothere

SORRY to bump this thread but I've been playing this game on my nice new laptop and it is addicting as hell...not good senior year in HS

if anyone out there is low-leveled and wants to join me on the road to 30 pls help - playing alone is not as fun with even a single person you know!

What is your guys' favorite champs? So far, I really enjoying balling as Orianna (heh) and Kog'Maw is really fun as well. Trying to find a solid AD carry character i'm good at (other than kog) but it's tough to try out all the champs I want w/ limited time and games being so long.

I'm Jalmont btw so add me!!!!

27. lorrieclaudia

lorrieclaudia New Member

I am not a lover of fast paced games, but i want to give it a try. Though last similar game i played was dota and i got hammered like anything.

28. Hannah

Hannah Come a little closer

PO Trainer Name:
    Hannah
    Reviving this thread! New masteries changed meta so much. Apparently now Shyvanna and Dr. Mundo are autobans due to this one mastery. Heimerdinger is not a troll pick.

29. Solace

Solace Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Solace
    S4 support changes make me happy. I've gone from maining ADCs to maining supports as a result.
    It's very easy for a support to become a late game threat now. Last night I went 9/9/33 as Sona and ended with 600AP thanks to the profuse amount of coinage supports can pick up now.

Supports in S4:
    [​IMG]

30. Hannah

Hannah Come a little closer

PO Trainer Name:
    Hannah
    I've actually been trying to play outside of the regular meta role-wise. Going ranked I've had amazingly good games with Tanky Katarina and Akali, as well as AD Leona.

AD Leona is an amazing gem I've discovered that just dominates lane regardless of who you're against, and scales scarily good lategame. Like It's not even funny. I rushed Hydra and once I go in with my snare/Ulti combo I just go through their entire backline with ease.

I laned against Lee Sin, Kha Zix, Master Yi, and Garen while on top and none of them were able to outfarm and outlane Leona.

But yes, Season 4 is pretty damn interesting. I just hope that people adapt to the meta change without being toxic players x_x

[​IMG]

31. Solace

Solace Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Solace
    Nice.
    I just bought Kat yesterday. I'm trying to expand my play a bit before I hit level 30 (29 1/2 atm).
    I don't get to play very often, unfortunately. My tiny netbook can't process LoL so I only play when I have a friend's laptop. I'll be remedying that situation soon however.

I've never played Leona. I should probably try her some time.

32. Art Gamer

Art Gamer Banned

PO Trainer Name:
    CaptureArt
    Never heard of it, but it sounds intresting so i added it to my to buy list

33. T-Dogg

T-Dogg Member

it's 'free'...

34. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

So free...

35. DarkDiglett

DarkDiglett free pridy

But i'm saving so much money buying skins on sale!

36. Wander

Wander Shitty Wizard

So who's your favorite carry and why is it Anti-Mage?

[​IMG]
    fuk magic

Jokes aside, I'm thinking about trying out LoL. I play a lot of Dota so I'm not new to the genre, but so far all this talk about a "predefined metagame" and the fact that you can only access some Champions for free have kept me away. So PO, what makes LoL worth trying out and what makes it different from say Dota 2? I know I won't seamlessly transition from the one game to the other, so what are things to keep in mind when you're new?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  37. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Luck>Skill
    Magic sucks

38. Isa

Isa Well-Known Tauros

PO Trainer Name:
    Isa
    Magic be dashed!

39. Beast

Beast I do what I want

Tank is the best type to play.

40. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

After watching the promotion series here are my predictions for the spring split:

1) C9 - They are an all around great team, and haven't showed any signs of stopping any time soon. I think balls is especially strong in the top lane and with the meta switching towards more carry top laners I can see him prevail. I can't wait to see him on the new buffed rumble :). Their team work is impeccable and I can't see anyone dethroning their two split rain this time around.

2) CLG - I know they are going to switch toplaners going into this split, but it is nothing compared to what TSM is about to do with Xspecial. Nien, as much as I liked him, always seemed like the weakest player on CLG, and I think if they pick up someone along the lines of Zorozero or Zionspartan they can improve immensely going forward.

3) LMQ - The Chinese overlords are here to overthrow us. Yes they are new to the lcs, but all of their players seem extremely mechanically skilled. I don't think this is enough to make up for the rotational prowess of the likes of CLG or C9. but there ability to individually carry games should result in a fair amount of wins.

4) TSM - This is probably surprising seeing one of the reigning dominant teams in NA behind both CLG and LMQ. I feel like the change from Xspecial is not going to go well for them. They are replacing who I consider to be the second best player on TSM with a unknown and I don't think that can bode well for TSM. In addition, they faltered a bit at the end of the split and I can only see CLG getting stronger with a new top lane pick up. If you compare replacing your worst player with a team replacing their second best, their is only a way to look up for CLG and down for TSM.

5) Curse - I know curse is forever designated as the fourth team, but I see them coming out as third this split. I haven't followed them a ton, but they impressed in the playoffs so I can see them with a guarenteed spot next year.

6) EG - I was very happy with how they played in the promotion tournament. They handled C9 Tempest with ease and I can see them making a bit of a splash this split. It is huge that Pobelter is finally out of high school and can live in the team house, in addition to solo queueing with a team. I feel like that hurt there synergy a lot last split and it should change going into this year.

7) Complexity Black - They shined taking out Curse in the promotion tournament. Even though games 1-4 were extremely close, they showed that they had the ability to close out close games when ahead. I think that can transition them into a few wins in the season and not net them a last place finish.

8) Dignitas - They have a complete void in mid lane. Scarra and Golden Glue are both bottom of the barrel compared to other LCS midlaners and I cannot see them succeeding next split. Unless they pick someone up like Shiptur it is going to be rough for Dignitas as every team has the potential to dominate them in all 3 lanes.

Jalmont likes this.