1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2] The new Wifi NU tier

Discussion in 'Gen 5 NU' started by Gl4ss, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gl4ss

Gl4ss Just a little sarcastic

Wifi NU tier leaders: Gl4ss, Luck>Skill

Tier Changes:

From NU to UU
    Amoonguss

From NU to LU
    Bouffalant, Escavalier, Cinccino

From LU to NU
    Magneton, Dusknoir, Hariyama, Archeops

NU has finally been shaken up a bit, with a number of important drops and losses.

Magneton has arrived, let your Steels tremble in terror at its trapping ability and powerful STAB electric type moves.

Dusknoir is here to fight Misdreavus to the death for the title of best spinblocker, boasting a respectable Attack stat and similar bulk to Misdreavus' superior support movepool and speed, expect it to make use of that Attack stat to distinguish itself from Misdreavus.

The sumo-wrestler has dropped and is ready to bust through NU with its mighty Guts-boosted fighting STAB and sponge attacks with Thick Fat, expect Hariyama to fill a variety of Bulk-based roles. A

Archeops has returned as well, expect it to wreak havoc with its nuclear Acrobatics, keep those Stealth Rocks down folks!

The NU tier also lost a few valued members.

Escavalier has returned to its rightful place in LU after a brief tenure in NU, where it wreaked havoc with its menacing Megahorn, strong bulk, and great typing, its departure is lamented by some and celebrated by others.

AFROBULL has left the building! We bid farewell to Bouffalant as it again rises to LU to combat the likes of Slowking and Tangrowth; we wish it the best of luck in its future endeavors, go with the Afro!

Cinccino has risen out of the depths of NU for the first time in recent history, this grade A annoyance now faces the titanic bulk of LU's Bulky Offense mons and perhaps its greatest nemesis, Steelix

Amoonguss shot straight to UU with the addition of its stellar DW Ability Regenerator, I expect many players will find this a great relief.

The NU tier is dynamic for the first time in more than 6 months, good luck out there

2. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

I love the fact some cool things have dropped into NU for the first time in a while...that aren't in my opinion overpowered... *looks to that beast escavalier*

Never had the chance to use Hariyama in LU nor Magneton. Might even finally use Mesprit in the tier in some tandem with those~ I don't think I'll miss any of the rises though. Cinccino does annoy and Esca was too good in NU.

Just for Gl4ss...I LOSE MY GROWTHMOONGUS ;-;

3. emac

emac Emad

Lol, I love how two/three (If you count hariyama) things that can check esca drop as he rises. Not super excited to see dusky down here. I speculate that he's gonna be a real bitch to deal with (just theorymoning). Magneton always annoyed me way back when it used to be nu, but I don't know if it really fits to well into any niche in the metagame other than klingklang counter. It's gonna be an interesting couple of months, but I'm excited!

4. TacoBell

TacoBell i'm a noob ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This looks like it's gonna be really fun. I've been trying Magneton and Hariyama, both of which have been pretty strong/fun to use. I think Gl4ss said this yesterday, but it is kind of ironic how Dugtrio rose as Magneton dropped. n_n

5. topah

topah Active Member

Archeops my precioussssss is mine.<3
    One Acrobat to rule them all, one flying gem to boost them
    One Acrobat to rule them all and in the flying type donk them.

King Cino will be missed. :c

6. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

The next thing NU should do is:

FREE BAMBI

Seriously Sawsbuck is finally well below the cutoff line now and so, so so much checks/counters it in NU easily. Plus it would be one of the few things that can actually beat Alomomola. It should definitely be freed.

7. Darklight

Darklight Nothing is True

NU GOT SO INTERESTING, SO FRICKING GREAT.

8. Agreed88

Agreed88 New Member

No Primeape :(

Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the changes to NU.

9. Wander

Wander Shitty Wizard

Half of my team is no longer NU. :|

Well, at least we get Hariyama!

10. Dzi

Dzi So Nyuh Shi Dae

From NU to UU
    Amoonguss = Bye annoying mushroom! You really did a huge part on my team. Hope you get some ragequits in UU. :v

From NU to LU
    Bouffalant = Well, as I see Amoonguss go, one of its checks are leaving too. Nope. I'm not surprised this thing is leaving NU. Goodluck in trolling Tangrowth!
    Escavalier = Okay, I'm one of those happy players when Escavalier left (MUWAHAHAHA!). Not surprised at all. Time for Exeggutor to make a #1 comeback!
    Cinccino = Bye Cinccino! (you're pretty useless :p) Hope you get a ton of flinches to LU!

From LU to NU
    Magneton = When I saw Magneton on NU first i was like (O.O) WUT. But then, It doesn't hurt my team much so its not much of my problem but damn those Thunderbolts are soo nasty. (Yet, this thing is another addition to the ton of volt switchers in the tier aka. Rotom-F, Rotom-S, Raichu, Ampharos, Zebstrika, Emolga etc.)
    Dusknoir = Hiya, Dusknoir! Another physically offensive ghost type. (NOT BAD NU. You're all keeping physical ghost types in the tier.) I'm gonna see this guy in stall teams for sure!
    Hariyama = This thing is what I'm focusing more. See me use this guy often (>:D) But I don't think this guy will stay here for a long time, lets see.
    Archeops = Good old Archeops! I always remember Gl4ss when I see this thing (Well, the very first team I used in NU was given by Gl4ss to me and it was a team with Armaldo/Musharna/Archeops/Emboar/Rotom-F/ Ludicolo). Welcome back. (Damn looks like Topah missed you O,o)

11. CarlesNB

CarlesNB SideCarlesNB

YES FINALLY AMOONGUSS OUT! Now my teams can win again e_a

I like the drops, I think NU will be fun again.

(Poor Alomomola, now is alone :p)

12. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

If that's true, shouldn't duggy leaving/rising be part of the OP? Damn it Gl4ss, you are slipping up~

13. Kumiho

Kumiho Silhouettes

PO Trainer Name:
    Kumiho
    Dugtrio was NEU, not NU.

14. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

FREE NICKI MANAJ

But I'm definitely behind a Bambi retest.

15. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

Also I'm glad to see the FagFungus go. It was a menace.
    Time to wreck shit with SubPunch Dusknoir

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
  16. twofivefive

twofivefive don't call it a comeback

Ugh, Escav + Moonguss moving up fucked over my stall teams.

At least Hariyama dropped, might have some fun with that.

17. KennedyXOXO

KennedyXOXO Spriter

We should retest Sawsbuck. But, then again, We also want to test Jynx, because it's been so long, and aren't you tired of it being BL3? So many things check it, not enough counter it.

18. Aurist

NEU is a side metagame so as far as main-line tiering goes NU is the bottom tier.

^

i love jynx, but next to nothing has changed for it effectiveness-wise for it to be unbanned imo. i'd be pro a retest just in case, but i doubt strongly it will be any less broken than before.

19. emac

emac Emad

Just saw a Krookodile. Is this a bug or does Gl4ss just suck at making posts?

20. meeps

meeps Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    meeps
    Most likely a bug, as a Poke can't drop two tiers in one cycle (Krookodile was UU before). The same problem goes with Venomoth, which also dropped from UU to LU.

21. Aurist

Twas in fact a bug, a bug called "making someone who doesn't know what they're doing update the tiers" ¬_¬

I've put through a fix, should be changed soon.

22. Celestial Phantom

Celestial Phantom YAHA

$5 will say that aurist is making the attempt to get them dropped even further into NEU, and thus only they (aurist) can abuse them through some special code~

kidding aurist~

23. New Breed

New Breed ka$h

Jynx is borked and will continue to be borked for the forseeable future.

FREE BAMBI

24. Mylo Xyloto

Mylo Xyloto if your world falls apart, i'd start a riot

PO Trainer Name:
    Mylo Xyloto
    At last Dusknoir and Magenton dropped. Kinda sad Cincino is gone (there goes my good old Cincino+Golurk core) Im also excited to see Hariyama in NU.
    Im for bambi retest btw[/HIDE]

25. Darklight

Darklight Nothing is True

BAMBI RETEST

But yeah, it's almost 100% not broken. Too many counters to this thing.

26. emac

emac Emad

Let's be honest. How many counters does bambi have now that it didn't before? S-toss dusknoir and maybe weezing are the only ones that comes to mind. Way back when we decided to ban it, it was in a tier with ferroseed, amoonguss, and gligar, all of whom could sometimes deal with it. I never remember thinking it was all that borked back then, but from a logical standpoint it doesn't make a whole ton of sense to retest it. inb4 "Emad's a tard"

PS: just saw a stoutland. Either somebody is really messing up or the op is wrong.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  27. Machineae

Machineae ex NU leader

It dropped last month I believe

28. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Luck>Skill
    I am up for a Bambi retest

But don't post bullshit such as "it has a lot of counters / checks" because it isn't true at all lol

29. KennedyXOXO

KennedyXOXO Spriter

like, but magnetz, dusk, etc, and ik sleep, but still. sleep clause will only take effect once, i will have you know. it will give jynx a free sub/+2 but like it has so many checks and counters now.

30. topah

topah Active Member

Does anyone think any of the newcomers are unbalanced in the tier? I know it hasn't been that long but I just wanted to throw that out there. ~

31. Agreed88

Agreed88 New Member

Dusk maybe, he's an amazing wall and outclasses misdrevious on pretty much every way. All others, not really.

32. Machineae

Machineae ex NU leader

Offensive Ghost: Golurk-->Dusknoir
    Defensive Ghost: Misdreavus-->Dusknoir

He's somewhere in the middle.

33. Aurist

i wouldn't say missy is better than dusknoir. i'd say dusknoir performs better the role of spinblocker than it, at least. tho noone in their right mind uses rapid spin any more.

34. Machineae

Machineae ex NU leader

wtf is rapid spin

idk i just prefer missy as a defensive ghost because i rather not have a defensive poke with such low hp. Although its nice for pain split on those high hp walls.

35. topah

topah Active Member

I think the main draw of Dusknoir is that sexy STAB priority over Golurk.
    Also I wanted to mention Stoutland is NU for whatever reason....although it is underwhelming.~

36. Machineae

Machineae ex NU leader

It dropped down last month I believe. I've been trying to get Stoutland to work. Its a bit slower and doesn't have SF, but in return it has the same Atk stat, good coverage and its bulkier. You're always going to be running Intimidate so you can take neutral hits.

37. Ghostbone

Ghostbone Member

I've been testing out zangoose and it's so powerful and fast I have to wonder if it isn't a little broken, since nothing can safely wall it or revenge kill it (bar scarf magneton? haunter and slaking as well I guess)
    What do other people think about it?.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  38. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

That Toxic Boosted Facade hits like a wrecking ball and has no drawbacks. And it's no good switching in a Rock, Steel or Ghost type since it gets Close Combat and Shadow Claw. However, it's not all that fast and the Toxic damage soon takes its toll...Eviolite Rhydon can also take it on if it doesn't have Swords Dance.
    252Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose (Neutral) Close Combat vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Lightningrod Rhydon (+Def): 37% - 43% (154 - 182 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

At this point in time I'd say Not Broken. But it's early days yet - I'm going to build another NU team and test it out.

39. Machineae

Machineae ex NU leader

not sure if serious or not

40. Aurist

Zangoose is really, really excellent and I hope more people notice how good it is (unboosted Facade 2hkos Alomomola !) but it's never gonna prove broken - its health whittles too quickly, it's mildly easily revengable (tho QA takes out faster frail mons) and it has very little opportunities to get in and even less opportunities to set up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.