1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Stadium 1 Rental Teams

Discussion in 'Pokémon Chat' started by Xclus|Mewmewzapdos, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Xclus|Mewmewzapdos

Xclus|Mewmewzapdos Retreated to Showdown ^^

Pokemon Stadium 1​

[​IMG]

For the people who played Pokemon Stadium 1 and played Pokemon till now, you would probably realised how many things had changed from gen 1 to gen 5. Also, you would probably see how it is nearly impossible to finish the game with rental teams only, without any game pak imported pokemons.

So, i started playing Pokemon Stadium 1 again recently but sadly I lost my Transfer Pak, so I have to use rental pokemons throughtout, so my question is have anyone sucessfully completed the entire story with RENTAL POKEMON ONLY?

Feel free to ask/share anything about rental teams in Stadium 1
    , I have now completed Round 1 with rental teams only and I am now currently stuck on Master Ball on Prime Cup on round 2
    The Male Cool Trainer's Mew is retarded[/HIDE]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  2. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

I often use Gengar. The rental with Metronome/Hypnosis/Dream Eater/[other move I can't remember] is really great!

My team always carries Gengar. Dragonite isn't bad either, actually. The rental OU pokemon in Stadium aren't as good, sadly. I see Gengar as the best, but I haven't seen Slowbro or Exeggutor in action.

3. RedJoker25

RedJoker25 Resident Lurker Server Moderator Article Contributor Server Moderator Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    RedJoker25
    I remember completing all of R1 using Rentals since I never felt like training anything for Stadium. In other words, nothing was appropriately leveled for use. I got through some of R2 with Rentals as well but got stuck on [i think] Surge for gym mode and around ultra or master ball level for the level 100 cup. Gengar was definitely cool, but sleep rarely lasts more than instant wake up for me in that game...my general rental team was Charizard / Legendary Birds / Gengar / Dragonite iirc.

4. Xclus|Mewmewzapdos

In Prime Cup, I usually use exeggutor(sleep powder cheapass + psychic STAB), Zapdos/Jolteon/Electrode, i usually switch between them, too bad all of them have the super inaccurate Thunder as STAB, no t-bolt :(, the advantage of having electrode is higher speed and having t-wave. I never used Dragonite, but i will try it.\
    what do you guys think it is the best strategy against the overpowered Psychic types? Alakazam and Mew are damn annoying, i usually try to parahax them with t-wave Electrode and try to finish them with Rhydon, but Rhydon is not reliable as it go down to 2 psychics.

5. CALLOUS

CALLOUS Active Member

You can beat Mewtwo with rental pokemon only. Simply rent Electrode and 5 pokemon with 1hko moves. Thunder Wave it, which will paralyze it and guarantee that the AI won't use Rest so long as you don't do any actual damage to it, and then just get in there and use only 1hko moves until one of them hits. Cheesy, but it works.

6. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

Ah, yes. I liked Electrode myself. I think Electrode also had Explosion

7. Xclus|Mewmewzapdos

Lol, exactly what I did on Round 1, still struggling to beat round 2 normal stadium with rentals though.

It had self-destruct on Pika Cup(Lv. 50 Cup) but have shitty moveset in Prime Cup(T-wave, SUPER INACCURATE THUNDER, Swift, Flash)

Currently trying to beat Prime Cup Master Ball with a team of Electrode(Paraing opponents never hurts), Dragonite, Pinsir(Currently the best poke I could find dealing the most damage to mew while being able to tank one psychic) and a Standard FWG core with exeggutor, Slowbro(dual stab) and Moltres.
    Anyone know how to 2hko/dealing Mew(Final Trainer on master ball, Prime Cup) reliablely ?

8. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

You can sleep mew with eggy or gengar. That's my recommendation.

9. Meteor64

Meteor64 TM1337 Falcon Punch

Cloyster in Prime Cup is legit iirc, i remember picking Cloyster/Egg/DNite practically every round

god i fucking loved this game as a kid

10. rtruth

rtruth robert-truth

always use kadabra and marowak in R1