1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[BW2 LU] NINJAS

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by The Dark Master, Nov 2, 2012.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    NINJAS - 1300+

HELLO TEAMS SECTION OF THE PO FORUMS as I always say before beginning yet another long RMT. This particular team hit over 1200, nearly 1300 on Pokemon Online (20/11660 [1331 points / 148 battles] is my highest so far), a new best for me in any tier not called Random Battle. This is the first time I can actually say a peak I've reached, as most of my teams are, to put it simply, pathetic. Heavy Offense has always been a favoured playstyle for me, and this team uses FWG and the two LU Unburden pokes to tear apart the tier. Plus Nidoqueen. And Galvantula.

Teambuilding Process

Firstly, I wanted to use both Unburden sweepers not called Drifblim in a team. I had standard Fake Out Normal Gem Hitmonlee, and Special Leaf Storm White Herb Sceptile (Other moves are Giga Drain, Focus Blast and HP Ice, it works quite well if you want to try it. HP Rock might be better in LU though, you can test it to see if you want.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I then saw several people in LU tournaments with offensive FWG, as opposed to the usual defensive ones with Tangrowth, Slowking and other similar things. I tried using starters to begin with, as the most effective team I've seen used these. Typhlosion I had found reasonably effective in the Fuzzy Walls challenge; a challenge in which only choice items were allowed. I added this. I was amazed to find Feraligatr in LU, as I had not seen one of these in the tier before, and so I added one of these also.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I then tried out Cinccino, which had jumped massively to one of the top LU spots with Amoonguss out of its way. As I had done in NU previously, I went for a standard Life Orb set.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Finally, I added Nidoqueen, a reliable Stealth Rocker with amazing offensive capabilities.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I found Feraligatr to be absolutely useless, and threw it out of the team. I replaced it with SS LO Omastar, which I found to be an epic offensive threat. It took a few priority hits to stop it.
    Typhlosion also wasn't that great. It was too weak to rocks to use Eruption effectively, and I just didn't find it powerful enough. I switched it with an old LU favourite of mine, Banded Entei. This also helped in balancing out the Physical/Special problem of having 4 of one and 2 of the other; I didn't want a Special Wall stopping too much of my team completely.
    I wasn't finding Cinccino to be that great either, and so I brought out another beast of the LU tier: Galvantula. However, switching a Physical for a Special upset the balance of the team a little, and so, very reluctantly, I went for a Physical SD Sceptile. Still Unburden, just a different set.
    I found that this Sceptile was amazing, sweeping the opponent in two LU tournament finals. The final changes: I found Escavalier and other Fire-weak pokes getting in Nidoqueen's way. I lost rocks, as I didn't feel my team needed them, and went with flamethrower. I also found an amazing moveset for Hitmonlee, and so I tried it out. Thanks to Metal Sonic for that!

I found that Flame Charge Entei works really well, and so I added this to the team. At the same time as I updated it, I decided to replace Ice Beam on Nidoqueen for Stealth Rock; this reduced the threat level of many pokes that were dangerous for the team.

After doing some careful thinking, I made a couple of updates to the sets, which worked amazingly.

The final team:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And in a bit more detail:

[​IMG]
    Hitmonorris @ Liechi Berry
    Ability: Unburden
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    IVs: 0/31/0/0/0/31
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Endure
    - Reversal
    - Rock Slide
    - Mach Punch

The most lethal thing ever to have walked this earth. Insanely fast, Insanely powerful, and with priority too. It's capable of taking down teams with ease: OHKOing even Roselia and Nidoqueen with it's main STAB move. Yea, and they resist. Nothing can switch in safely to this, with the exception of ghosts. Unlike most Lees, I'm not forced into either a- lowering my defenses through Close Combat (my HP is low enough already, so this one doesn't really matter) or b- risking missing Hi Jump Kick every time I try to do damage. This is more powerful too.
    This is similar to an EnduReversal Medicham with Salac Berry that swept my team, but I though this could work better. It is faster, and although it lacks Pure Power, it gets Unburden to even outspeed fast scarf holders. It also gets STAB Priority to even let it OHKO Absol before it can Sucker Punch you. Endure is one of they key moves here, lowering my HP down to one every time (unless I used it last turn or they don't hit me hard enough). This does three crucial things when it comes to beginning my sweep and ending the game. First; it gets me into a low enough HP range for my Liechi Berry to activate. This increases my Attack by one stage, turning me into a lethal offensive weapon. Now with great power, you also need great speed (or Trick Room). Base 87 neutral doesn't look like much, until you see Unburden. Losing the Berry doubles your speed. 546 speed is nothing to laugh at; I'd find it quite hard to laugh at. Unless it's your poke with it. Then you see the simply massive 558 attack stat. Yea, you just read that right. 558. And did I mention the third and final thing Endure helps with? No? Well, it's Reversal. This is the most powerful and most threatening EnduReversal set that's ever existed. Ever. Rock Slide hits ghost types; it hits for a quarter of the damage of Reversal so don't bother with it unless you know it's going to do at least 8 times the amount (Reversal is more accurate, use it if damage will be equal). This is against Moltres and Bug/Flying types usually. Mach Punch is powerful priority. REALLY powerful. Maybe not as hard as Scizor's Punches, but still hard enough. This even lets it come in after weakened Lilligant etc have KOed something. They switch in something that WOULD KO you... perfect time to set up, right?
    The EVs on this are simple. Any genius could put them on with little difficulty. Max speed to tie with other Lee, and to become a ninja after Unburden. 252 attack... obvious. You begin (as I also did) with thinking, "You get +2 speed from unburden and only +1 from Liechi, so it's only natural to go with Adamant. Also, you don't outspeed anything new with Jolly, with the exception of other Hitmonlee". But, after a few battles where I lost speed ties, I decided that going for a positive nature on Speed would be the better option. IVs are to increase the chances of hitting 1 HP when I need it most, and no SAtk because I don't need it.
    The threats. Red is an obvious colour for this. Spiritomb and Rotom are a pain to deal with, as they are immune to Reversal, can burn me, or just go straight for the damage. Spiritomb also has priority. In addition, things that don't go directly for the KO, such as status users, are an absolute pain. Thunder Wave/Will-o-Wisp kill me especially, ruining my key attacking stats. The other main problem are other Priority users; these stop me dead. Ones with low enough HP/that are extremely frail, and don't have +2 or more Priority, are usually easy to deal with. Others, such as Entei, Spiritomb or Fake Out users, are a pain. Fake Out users aren't always that much of an issue, as I can Endure the hit and then hit them while they have no priority, but other Hitmonlee get the Normal Gem Unburden boost even doing no damage, and my luck at winning speed ties isn't the best. Toxicroak can also give me a hard time, resisting all of my moves. Qwilfish can be irritating with Intimidate, but it usually doesn't last to late-game, which is when this usually comes out.
    Possible changes: None. EVAH. Well, maybe. A set involving EdgeQuake, the combination of Stone Edge and Earthquake, could also be viable on this. However, the lack of priority could harm this thing's ability to revenge kill, followed by something that WOULD OHKO it to come in and let you set up. Also, many priority users could be planning on ending your sweep, and you would be unable to outspeed Sucker Punch Absol. If Mach Punch goes before Sucker Punch, as they have the same priority, SP will fail. Well it would if Absol could survive it. But not with EdgeQuake. So bear that in mind if you are to suggest that that is a better moveset. Jolly is another option to outspeed other Hitmonlee; let me know if you think that could sound better. You'll probably miss out on a few key KOes however, such as on Nidoqueen, so this could be a risky option.

[​IMG]
    JackTheRipper @ Flying Gem
    Ability: Unburden
    EVs: 252 Atk / 156 Def / 100 Spd
    IVs: 31/31/31/0/31/31
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Acrobatics
    - Leaf Blade
    - Earthquake

Woa. This thing. The number of tournament finals it won for me... I think it's a bit cheap, but oh well. It OHKOes just about everything in sight. Like Lee, it's not only insanely fast, but also insanely powerful. It's really, really easy to use. Swords Dance, then spam moves. It's usually better to save the Gem if they have something that you could need it for, e.g. Tangrowth. Acrobatics is there to activate Unburden, as it uses up the Flying Gem for massive damage. Leaf Blade is sexy STAB, landing the OHKO on Slowking as well as just about everything that doesn't resist it. Earthquake is for the many things weak to it, as it has a high base power at 100 (which is the lowest BP of anything on this set, showing the power of Sceptile). Please don't ask me why or how Sceptile can cause earthquakes, but it just does. This thing has, I think, unresisted coverage, as Rotom-H is UU and Rotom-S isn't very common in LU. I can't think of any more resists. Trust me, second best LU sweeper after the Hitmonlee set above. No exaggeration.
    Simple EVs are simple. Jolly Hitmonlee hits 300 speed before Unburden, and 600 after. This hits 301 before, and 602 after. This thing is the fastest LU there is I think, and so I see no reason to go any faster. Max attack is for... max attack. The remaining EVs were dumped into a random stat used to help balance out the defenses, and to help me take nearly every priority hit better. Vacuum Wave isn't common in any tier. If you have full health, you can survive a 252+ HJK from standard Fake Out Unburden Hitmonlee, and proceed to OHKO and Unburden yourself with Acrobatics. Unfortunately, this relies on SR not being on the field.
    Threats, basically same as before. Priority, not getting the opportunity to get the unburden boost, things that can survive. Normal Rotom is usually a threat.
    Changes, I'd say nothing at the moment. However, if you suggest something that sounds simply amazing, I will test it out. Not my favourite poke, but it is one of the most deadly. I can't see much that could add to its coverage, which is probably the most important thing for sweepers. If anything, maybe a few more EVs to let me outspeed something before the Unburden boost. However, I'm not too sure what exactly to aim to outspeed. Please, feel free to give me some advice on this one.

[​IMG]
    Tarantula @ Life Orb
    Ability: Compoundeyes
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    IVs: 31/2/30/31/31/31
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunder
    - Giga Drain
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hidden Power

Quite possibly the most anti-metagame pokemon every to have existed. It is capable oh 2HKOing nearly everything not immune; Druddigon can safely switch in on two of my moves, but the one I use most of all takes either Drudd or an immunity to stop it. Or another irritating Uxie to come along, survives when others not weak don't, sets up it's bs screens, and I can't switch moves to kill it. How annoying.
    The moveset is amazingly simple: Thunder+Compoundeyes+STAB+Choice Specs+252 EVs=O-2HKO. Tangrowth can't switch in safely. Only Drudd, as mentioned previously, and Ground types can. Most ground types hate HP Ice, and they can be dealt with with a little prediction. Bug Buzz is my second STAB type, and hits grass types, psychic types and many others very hard. Giga Drain was the last move for two reasons. Firstly, Galvantula is extremely vulnerable to entry hazards, particularly Stealth Rock. Giga Drain can help mitigate this damage, by restoring HP from enemy Sandslash etc. The second use is to keep up my HP from Life Orb damage, as self-KOing at the wrong time can be dangerous.
    Idk why I still explain EVs tbh, they're so simple. Max Spd Timid for outspeeding stuff... etc... 252 SAtk for damage... heard that one before... I don't need 4 SDef to make Downloaders boost their attack due to the 30 Defensive IVs lowering my Defense to lower than my Special Defense. Don't ask my why I'm so scared of Porygon... it's just a natural thing I've got into. 4 EVs went into HP, but they really don't make a difference anywhere (unless you put them in Def). 2 Attack IVs is the lowest I can go without losing the Hidden Power's Ice type and 70 BP. The lower it is, the less damage I take from confusion, and so I always lower this as much as possible.
    Switching out of resisters every time hurts with my vulnerability to all forms of hazards, particularly Stealth Rock. As I have no spinner, this can cause problems. The threats mentioned above also are a pain to deal with, as they can tank hits and sometimes KO Galvantula. This... this is a problem. Galvantula can rip through teams with ease, and without setting up. It's better when it can safely do this.
    I wouldn't change this, as nothing quite has the same power and coverage as this. It's amazing. Life Orb would not be as good as Choice Specs in my opinion, as the spider takes enough damage each time it switches in to Stealth Rocks. I have seen LO Giga Drain sets, however, but I do not think that they could do as much damage as the set that I am using currently. I rarely use Volt Switch, so replacing that for Giga Drain is yet another possibility that could be considered; please suggest this if you think it could work. However, I don't find many places where I would need it.

[​IMG]
    Hades @ Choice Band
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    IVs: 31/31/31/0/31/31
    - Flare Blitz
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Stone Edge
    - Flame Charge

Well, where do I start. This thing is a BEAST. As to get some of its moves, is has to be Adamant, it's quite literally asking for a Band. This thing easily 2HKOes most of the tier, shredding it to pieces. Whilst it isn't the fastest of pokemon around (to begin with), it is one of the most powerful fire types when it comes to attacking straight off. Its ability to boost its speed whilst doing severe damage helps as well.
    Moves... easy choices. Flare Blitz SMASHES EVERYTHING that doesn't resist. Great coverage, STAB, power... it has everything a sweeper could want. ExtremeSpeed is really useful priority, outspeeding other prio users. However fast you are, there's always a need for priority. Stone Edge is there for things that resist my first two moves; the most common Rock type in the tier is Aerodactyl, and that's weak to SE. Moltres, while it doesn't resist ExtremeSpeed, is killed by it. Flame Charge, however, is only really useful for late-game sweeping. Even with a pathetic 50 base power, it does do quite a bit of damage, especially to frailer pokes attempting to switch in. Then boost your Speed, and KO whilst speeding up even more.
    Basic EVs yet again. 252+ Atk because I have to be Adamant to have half my moves and also, it wrecks stuff. 252 Spd so I can outspeed what I'm destroying, thus allowing me to destroy even more. Useless 4 EVs are useless, but I've added them to keep others quiet. Max all IVs, other than the ones that I don't need.
    Threats, not priority unless it resists ExtremeSpeed. Mainly things that can tank Flare Blitzes, especially the ever common Slowking which irritates my team. As is the case with many water types, including Kabutops and Omastar. That fossil guy in Mt. Moon back in 1995... you've ruined a perfectly good sweeper. Couldn't you have just kept both of them to yourself?
    This is fast, powerful, and has amazing priority. Although it does have the occasional problem, I wouldn't say that replacing this would be a very good idea. It's too powerful to let go for me really, so please only suggest something else if it's nearly as good. Which I don't think too many things are.

[​IMG]
    y u no pass? @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Swift Swim
    IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/31
    - Shell Smash
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power

Well, where do I begin. By saying how broken this thing is? Yea, I think that's a good start. THIS THING IS SO EPIC. Smash yourself, smash their team. Not much can be said about the sheer strength of Omastar. It can wreck the tier with very little able to stop it.
    Simple moves are simple... again. SHELL SMASH. Double speed? Yes please. Double Special Attack? Again, GIMME. -1 defenses? Who cares, you usually force something out the moment this switches in. You don't usually take hits if you come in at the right time. Then, proceed to murder with STAB boosted Surf. Amazing neutral coverage on a large percentage of the tier, great considering it's your most powerful move. A Dragon in your way? A grass type has the courage to stand before you, waving around it's grassy hands and flowery hair? Ice Beam it. Death. Covers pretty much anything else that resists Surf. An irritating Water, trying to block both of those moves off? Hidden Power Grass. Quite literally nothing can stand in this things way and come out unscathed.
    EVs. Same again. Every time. I don't even know why this blue section is here any more. One thing I will say though is that I am running Timid as it's just too slow, even after a Smash, if it is Modest.
    Grass types before it can set up are a problem, and same applies for Electrics and Fighting types. Nidoqueen also. After a smash, fast Scarfers such as Manetric can outspeed and OHKO me.
    Again, there are possible changes. Focus Sash could possibly be changed to White Herb, Life Orb or Lum Berry. At the moment, Lum Berry seems like one of the better options. Timid to Modest is yet another change, this one giving me 10% more power, which, after a Smash, is a lot. However, there is the problem with the lost Speed, as I could end up losing to faster Scarfers... and then there's the unreliability to both set up, and beat Slowking, the most common poke in the entire tier. Suggestions here would be helpful, as I feel there is room for improvement.

[​IMG]
    Dat Scarf @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    IVs: 31/0/31/31/31/31
    - Earth Power
    - Flamethrower
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunderbolt

FINALLY. THE LAST POKEMON. Hours and hours after starting. Let's hope this doesn't drag on then. This thing, originally my SRer, has turned into an epic Specially offensive beast. Not any where near as fast as the others, yet this thing can even 2HKO Slowking daring to switch in. It is, unfortunately, OHKOed in return, and so it has to be wary of ones that come in after this thing takes something out. I can usually predict a switch in, and so this is usually the only situation in which Slowking threatens this.
    Simple offensive moveset, I can't even see why I need to explain this. Earth Power is reliable STAB, with amazing power and simply epic coverage. As there would be a chance of a SDef drop with this, this is boosted by Sheer Force. Wait, Sheer Force? That means I could hold a Life Orb to increase my damage output even further, yet without the irritating recoil that usually hinders LO users! Obvious item choice really. Flamethrower hits Escavalier hard, as well as Cryogonal and Flying types. ThunderBolt also hits flying types, and is my best answer to Water types that dominate the tier, such as Omastar (EP hits it harder, but who cares), Feraligatr, and crucially Slowking. The final spot was originally taken up by Ice Beam, yet I found that this only really hit Ground types, such as Sandslash, for more damage than my other moves. However, this, and the most used other Ground (other Nidoqueen), are both removed, with ease, by Earth Power (if I don't lose any speed ties). For this reason, and also because loads of people said I needed some hazards somewhere, I changed this move to Stealth Rock. Breaks Sashes every time, as nothing is immune. Sturdy Steelix is a pain though, as it just uses Leftovers to recover the damage taken. Yet this still has nearly unbeatable coverage, unless I put Ice Beam back in over Rocks. Yet even then, this isn't even needed.
    I have gone for Timid to ensure that I manage to outpace the majority of other Nidoqueen. Despite the name, I'm not scarfed, and I can easily fake it if I win a speed tie, and then continue wrecking the next thing that comes in, trying to either set up or predict a switch to something. If they use a move that barely touches Nidoqueen, it can take out something else relatively unharmed.
    Slowking if it gets an easy switch in. Many bulky Psychics, or even anything that can take hits, as Nidoqueen has, like the rest of the team, no defense investment at all. Nido's typing, despite leaving it with many weaknesses, does let it resist common priority types such as Fighting; prio is not a large issue.
    Possibly Scarf/Specs? Extra Speed/Power could help. Possibly not Specs, as this is very similar to the damage output from a Life Orb, but without the ability to switch moves. However, I have seen Choice Scarf sets work very well, as they do take many people by surprise as you outspeed some of their slower pokes. However, I find that Timid works better, as shown by rule 1 of battling: LIE. I personally can't see much else to change that's not going Scarfed personally; if this happens, I will go for Sludge Wave over Stealth Rock.

Synergy:

[​IMG]

This simple and clear table highlights the key weaknesses in the team. There is a clear weakness to Ground, highlighted in bright red. However, I only have a single resist to it. However, I do not find Ground to be a particularly common type in the tier, and as such this is not a major weakness for me. Despite having one 4* weakness in there, this is covered by three resistances to Grass. As this is also not a very common offensive type, this is barely an issue. Another key point that could be a problem is the lack of immunites; I only have one, and this is to Electric. Electric does not affect my team much, as there is only one Pokémon weak to it, it is only a 1/2* weakness, it has Earth Power to deal with Grounds, and does not usually switch out after is has come in. Therefore, this is a relatively futile immunity to have. I have a strong resistance to Bug, with 3 resists for a single 2* weakness. This is not usually entirely useful, however, as Bug Buzz from opposing Galvantula is the only common Bug type move in all of NU, LU and UU. Similar for Dark and Steel, as these are rarely used offensive types I have good synergy against. Overall, I'd say my team has pretty much zero useful defensive synergy. Great.

Threat List:

Not all teams are perfect. These things are difficult to deal with; some more than others:

[​IMG]Absol - Not too common, however Scope Lens Super Luck Sucker Punch can cause a few lot of problematic crits.
    [​IMG]Aerodactyl - Gets Stealth Rock up every time; problematic for both Entei, whose lifespan is already limited, and also for Galvantula, who often switches a lot early game. Neither like the massive HP drops. It can also deal some decent damage, but can't take more than one or two hits.
    [​IMG]Aggron - SMASH. It just takes out everything. Luckily, it's weak on the Special side (70/60), and so Galvantula's Thunder or a quick EP from Nidoqueen finishes it off easily.
    [​IMG]Cinccino - Outspeeds a lot of my team and does decent damage; however is easily picked off by a 252+ Band ExtremeSpeed from Entei.
    [​IMG]Clefable - Can be a pain if it sets up too many Cosmic Powers; however I'm usually lucky with crits in LU. Don't ask me why. But, when I'm not lucky, it's a killer. Usually it hates Thunders, Flare Blitzes, and boosted hits before it gets its defenses too high.
    [​IMG]Crustle - Similar to Aerodactyl, however less of an offensive threat. Can also set up spikes; this causes a HUGE problem for my team. Offensive Shell Smash ones aren't as much of a problem, as they still aren't that fast after a Smash.
    [​IMG]Drapion - Toxic Spikes aren't that much of a problem for this team, especially with Nidoqueen around. However, if they are set up after Nidoqueen is KOed, they make Hitmonlee useless. They can also cause problems for my other sweepers, especially Omastar who has HP lost from every hit anyway. Not a major offensive threat, however.
    [​IMG]Druddigon - Can tank many NVE hits easily, even GalvantuThunders. Not even Tangrowth can take them. Outrage... destroys. I have no Dragon resist. However, it's so pitifully slow that it can usually be KOed before it can do much. Its ability to both take and give out hits worries me, however.
    [​IMG]Entei - Similar to my own, Band Flare Blitz can cause a hell of a lot of damage. Omastar can safely switch in, however, and set up a Shell Smash on the switch. Then proceeds to wreck stuff. However, Entei can't be revenged by Hitmonlee, as a Banded ExtremeSpeed OHKOes. If you even try to Endure, it's just a KO next turn anyway.
    [​IMG]Escavalier - Usually doesn't do much tbh, but one wrong prediction and I will almost certainly lose something. This is one powerful thing, takes hits quite well, but can be defeated.
    [​IMG]Ferroseed - Defensive anything. I hate it. This, however, has no reliable recovery (none at all out of leech seed), and it OHKOed by several moves I have, including Flamethrower Nidoqueen and Flare Blitz Entei.
    [​IMG]Galvantula - As threatening to my own team as mine is to others. Nidoqueen can pretty much wall it, however. Entei can switch in on Bug Buzzes, however, and it can be used as set up bait for Hitmonlee if it uses Thunder.
    [​IMG]Hitmonchan - Mainly as a counter to Hitmonlee; isn't threatening at all otherwise.
    [​IMG]Hitmonlee - My own Lee can beat it if it wins the speed tie; Sceptile also outspeeds if it can get it's own boost in before the opposing Lee. This is my only team that isn't massively weak to this thing.
    [​IMG]Krookodile - MOXIE. Get it Earthquakin' (usually comes in on Nidoqueen and is Scarfed) and let Hitmonlee set up. It can set up on so many things, one of the reasons for its pure awesomeness.
    [​IMG]Lilligant - Hate this. Luckily, if it Sleep Powders something, and I then switch to Lee, I can Endure the hit, and outspeed as +2>+1. However, this thing is a real threat to my team, and probably one of the worst threats.
    [​IMG]Manectric - Kills Omastar, as Scarf holders even outspeed it after it smashes once. However, the rest of my team, particularly Nidoqueen, can deal with it. Can cause issues if switches onto Galvantula's Thunder, yet it usually relaviely simple to predict around.
    [​IMG]Medicham - Too slow and frail to do much damage; however it is risky switching when it's around.
    [​IMG]Moltres - Beats Sceptile, but is easily O-2HKOed by everything else.
    [​IMG]Munchlax - Whirlwind and Body Slam... how I hate them. However, this is very vulnerable to the majority of Physical attacks. It just takes every Special attack you can throw at it though, which is really annoying.
    [​IMG]Nidoqueen - Is as damaging as my own. Beats Galvantula if I predict wrong, but offensive ones are nearly always OHKOed by Reversal. EQ from Scept and Blitz from Entei... shred it.
    [​IMG]Rotom - I HATE THIS. Only Entei and Omastar can really do much, and Omastar has to have set up before it even switches in. Will-o-Wisp cripples the two Unburdeners, and it can tank all their hits. Resists most of Galvantula's moves: Hidden Power Ice hardly does much to it. Levitate irritates Nidoqueen. Offensive sets: easy.
    [​IMG]Rotom-C - Galvantula causes problems for it, as does Hitmonlee which can set up on it (like it can do with half the things on this list). Not a major threat, and I haven't even seen one yet. I'm just guessing.
    [​IMG]Sandslash - I don't usually see this, despite it's popularity in the tier. Only threatens Entei, most others can easily deal with it. Flare Blitz 2HKOes anyway, so it can't switch in.
    [​IMG]Sceptile - Same stuff as mine: wrecking machine. ES Entei usually deals with it, and it is KOed by Endure+Mach Punch from Lee if it survives the Banded Speed.
    [​IMG]Sigilyph - I hate this. It lost me a game when I was 4-1 up before. Galvantula usually deals with it; otherwise it kills me. Offensive sets, easy. Not particularly fast, can be KOed. However, this thing walls Hitmonlee.
    [​IMG]Slowking - Sceptile, Leaf Blade, job done. Hitmonlee, Reversal, job done if it's taken about 25% or more already. Not particularly threatening, however Lee can't set up on it as it usually goes for the Thunder Wave or Toxic first.
    [​IMG]Spiritomb - Kills the two Unburdeners, most other things deal with it however.
    [​IMG]Steelix - Always a pain for the Spider, and Sturdy can muck up Hitmonlee. It's gargantuan Defense lets it take hits from Entei and Sceptile too. Not nice to deal with; luckily it can't recover any HP outside of Leftovers.
    [​IMG]Typhlosion - Unburden, Priority, Omastar, simples. But Eruption does take out quite a bit sometimes... with SR now on the team though, I don't think it will be as much of an issue.
    [​IMG]Uxie - Can tank Thunders from Galvantula, something which only Druddigon and immunes can usually do. Thunder Wave is hell for this team too. It also gets Rocks up nearly always, and so is an absolute pain. Again, no recovery, can be dealt with in a few hits.

Tangrowth is in no way a threat to the team, and therefore was not included in the threat list. Who cares if it's in the top 5. Other things that aren't on here are just not threatening enough.

Finally, I'm going to have to end this long RMT that took me hours of work across several days to make. I hope that, after taking the time to read through all of this, you can give me helpful advice on my team, how to improve it, either with my suggestions or other weaknesses you can find yourself. If you do want to suggest replacements to any members of the team, then please do. However, try to not replace Sceptile or Hitmonlee, and also try to keep the FWG bit in there too, as it works amazingly. There are times where Omastar just doesn't set up... you decide what to suggest though. You're the rater.

Importable:

Hitmonorris (Hitmonlee) (M) @ Liechi Berry
    Trait: Unburden
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Endure
    - Reversal
    - Rock Slide
    - Mach Punch

JackTheRipper (Sceptile) (M) @ Flying Gem
    EVs: 252 Atk / 156 Def / 100 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Acrobatics
    - Leaf Blade
    - Earthquake

Tarantula (Galvantula) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Compoundeyes
    - Thunder
    - Volt Switch
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Hades (Entei) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Pressure
    - Flare Blitz
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Stone Edge
    - Flame Charge

y u no pass? (Omastar) (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Swift Swim
    - Shell Smash
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Dat Scarf (Nidoqueen) (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    - Earth Power
    - Flamethrower
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunderbolt[/HIDE]

Last few things:
    Sorry if it's a bit long, it took hours to write and it's gonna take a while to read too.
    I might not accept things you say immediately; it sometimes takes a while to persuade me. Sorry if it looks like I'm not accepting any advice.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  2. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic It's no use!

most of your mons arre missing the free 4 EVs

3. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    I don't add them where I don't need them.

4. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic It's no use!

a stealth rocker so that 'sashed omastars' or any other sturdy dont 'stop hitmonlee dead'

5. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    That was Nidoqueen's original purpose... but what move should I replace? Ice Beam looks like it should be the one to go really, yet I'm not too sure about it. FT hits Grass types and TBolt damages Flying... but Sandslash and other Ground types, as well as the occasional Dragon, are hit harder by them. But the other moves I can't replace; FT hits Escavalier and other Steels harder, as well as Rotom-C, Lilligant and Galvantula. These all threaten my team. TBolt hits Nido's main threat Slowking for more damage. EP is obvious and necessary STAB: replacing that is like losing Bullet Punch on Scizor. So should I replace Ice Beam? I'm so used to it being an amazing offensive type in OU, I can't see why it's so unuseful (if that's even a word) down in LU... is that really the best option however?

6. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    There's no excuse in not using those remaining 4 EVs, they be the difference between fainting and not fainting. Put them in defense or special defense; you never know, they can help.

As for Nidoqueen, replace Thunderbolt with Stealth Rock. Earth Power hits Slowking hard enough, and you can predict a switch into Slowking by going into Galvantula.

7. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    252SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen (+SAtk) Earth Power vs 248HP/116SpDef Leftovers Slowking (+SpDef): 35% - 43% (141 - 169 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.
    252SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen (+SAtk) Thunderbolt vs 248HP/116SpDef Leftovers Slowking (+SpDef): 51% - 60% (202 - 238 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    I'm looking more for the 2HKO, one as it switches, one while it's still in. I'm thinking that Ice Beam is the better move to replace, as it only hits Sandslash harder. EP does enough damage to it. I just can't see a reason to replace TB over IB... yet I also don't want to replace Beam.

8. The Dude

The Dude The Mannis

Hey nice team you have here, just a couple of things I'll say. Replace Ice Beam with Stealth Rock as it doesn't really hit any Pokemon harder then your other moves and Rocks is more valuable then hitting Sandslash harder, since EP pretty much kills it. I would also replace SD Sceptile with the special attacking variant, as it pretty much a one shot Pokemon and I find that Sceptile likes to come in more than once in a game and destroy the opponents team. You also have Hitmonlee which is also a one shot thing. Also put the 4 Ev's somewhere on your Pokes, they really might just help you and it takes like 2 seconds to put them on lol.

That's all for now and if you do take in the suggestions I hope you have success.

9. Wifi UU

Wifi UU THE GOATS

PO Trainer Name:
    Tionix
    Very good team. :3

But Imo a Fake out Normal Gem set for lee is better
    Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem
    - Fake Out
    - Close Combat
    - Earthquake/Rock Slide
    - Mach Punch
    Helps getting Unburden faster so you can start sweeping + some hp gone of the opponent's poke if he stays in.

10. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    This the problem; I get different advice about what move to replace. I'm going more towards Ice Beam at the moment, for the reason you stated, yet I also get people telling me that Thunderbolt is not as good as Ice Beam. Does anyone else have opinions on this? If not, I'm replacing Ice Beam.
    They are one shot things... but they work! Sceptile can sweep entire teams with ease early in the game. Midgame, it's one of the best sweepers. Hitmonlee can come in last, which it only does half the time, as not much can take a Reversal on. One shot things aren't bad... well, not these ones anyway.
    If someone can give me a damage calc showing where the EVs could come in useful, I'll add them. I just don't find them too useful.

[​IMG]
    I don't really care about getting it set up fast; it's about the damage.

11. Emperor PPP

Emperor PPP PKMNPurePower

TDM you really should add the EVs anywhere, there's no use in not having them
    I remember facing this team and on paper it looks very good - but it struggles with dealing with certain cores due to the hard hitters weakness to SR and enforced difficult predictions. I would rather run specs Sceptile just because nothing is immune to Leaf storm

I find ice beam useful since it generally just eases prediction, just me though

Sludge Wave is kinda nice on Nidoqueen to hit really hard

If you could find room for a Steelix on this team then it would help to deal with some of the weaknesses (Scarf Galvantula, Sashed pokemon etc)
    And of course if you could find room to make it a bulkier hyper offensive Specs Tangrowth would be nice if you could tweak some things

Steelix set:
    Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar
    - Gyro Ball
    - Earthquake[/HIDE]

Gets lefties number and the extra defense point (2 points, 4 EVs :O) that regular Steelix doesn't

12. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    I know that I should have probably learned something by the number of peopleto have mentioned this, but I think there's no use in having them.
    I can usually predict well enough, although I do admit the SR weakness is a slight issue.
    However, this limits the power, the speed, and the sweeping capabilities of Sceptile. Whilst is looks good for attacking then switching, I just don't think it'll make up for the number of situations it has got me out of. I also thought that it wouldn't be good to have more Special pokes than physical pokes, but then you suggested Steelix... this could take Nido's place as a SRer. However, I might not find it offensive enough.
    As I said, prediction isn't overly difficult for me in LU, although I do suck a bit in most other tiers...
    Yes, although it does lack coverage. Poison isn't really known for its great offensive power.
    Have this instead of the Specs Sceptile you suggested? This is another Specs Grass type...

And I just got another team swept by Flame Charge Entei, could this be a better replacement to what I have already? Air Balloon as the item, and Replace HP Grass with Flame Charge would probably be the best thing.

13. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Good team
    It is unconventional with the sets on a few bases but that doesn't make it bad more as new! There is a difference which people should notice! I admire the originality while you are still successful with this team.
    I cannot find anything to change except Sludge Wave over Ice beam on Nidiqueen. It gives you a stronger stan and cancels it the redundant coverage if your current move set.

14. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    Errors corrected, because I hate typos a bit more than most people. Ice Beam only really hits Ground types harder than my other moves, and Sludge Wave doesn't hit these too hard. Whilst it would be my most powerful move, it does lack coverage. I will change that moveslot to Stealth Rock, I've decided.

Thank you for the rates everyone!

15. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    I have to agree with PPP, Sludge Wave on Nidoqueen is very useful. It hits harder than Earth Power as a main STAB, and lets you play some prediction games with your opponent on whether you are going to use Earth Power or Sludge Wave. Flamethrower aren't as useful, as the main threat you will be hitting it with is Escavalier, which doesn't like taking Earth Powers with your EV spread.

Also, you need hazards. Sashes wreck your team.

16. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    I was editing the team as you were reading the RMT/writing this comment.
    As mentioned previously, I'm looking for good coverage on Nido, and Sludge Wave just doesn't provide this. Yes, it's more powerful, but not by much. Comparing to Ground for an offensive type:
    Poison: 2* on one type, 1/2* on four types, 0* on one type
    Ground: 2* on five types, 1/2* on two types, 0* on one type
    They tie in what is Immune to them, but Ground is clearly better for both types that resist it and types that are weak to it. Electric is 2/3/1 and Fire is 4/4/0, both of which are also better than Poison. Ice is also 4/4/0, although I have just removed Ice Beam. The point is that Sludge Wave doesn't hit a variety of pokes for that much damage: I'd prefer SR. However, if I am persuaded into Scarfing Nido, then Sludge Wave would definitely go in somewhere.
    With Ice Beam removed, Grass types such as Tangrowth are hit hardest by Flamethrower, and it hits hard enough for me. I also like OHKOing Escavalier, as it OHKOes pretty much everything in sight. Getting it close to KOing just makes things even worse, as it activates Swarm.
    In the update.

17. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    Sorry if it's a problem with putting this team on the Forum, however I feel that it doesn't work too well. This team appears to be working much better than the other one, and it doesn't have many large problems, as opposed to that team. This team has also been tested more, and for this reason I would like to request a lock on the more recent thread, leaving this one open.
    Sorry for the double post+bump[/HIDE]

Moderators: Edna, fsk