1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Themes] PolkaDot

Discussion in 'Arts and Graphics' started by Crystal Moogle, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~ Administrator Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    Well I was bored a few weeks back, so I started making a theme. Originally I just wanted a theme based on soft colours that complimented each other well, but then I started messing around with Polka dots that I liked them so much, so I kept them and made a whole theme about it, lol. This was supposed to be released like 2 weeks ago or something, but then my laptop died and well yeah. I'm still not 100% happy with some things (The logo is a big pain for me, mainly the text, the border and Azurill look fine, but I just got bored of trying and stuck with the current one, I don't particularly like it, but I'm rarely going to see it so it won't bother me that much, feel free to make a better one though!). Anyways I think some parts came out a lot better than expected too (The battle window is something I love, especially given I normally hate gradients and was unable to use an image for the background for some reason). Also I mainly made this theme for myself, so it might not look completely right on some people's monitors. Like some of the softer colours look almost white to some people, whilst they're a really soft purple for me. Also I tested it on my 1920x1080 monitor and the backgrounds don't look as good on there, so if you're using a big monitor be warned. I've tried including the xcf (GIMP) files wherever I remembered, so people can edit certain parts a lot easier.

Screenshots:
    Menu
    [​IMG]
    [/HIDE]
    Like I said, I don't like the text on this at all, so if anyone wants to fix it up, feel free, but it doesn't matter that much and I don't think people are just going to randomly fix other people's themes!

Server list
    [​IMG]
    [/HIDE]
    Not much to say about this, pretty bland I guess, but I couldn't really think of anything else to add

Trainer Menu
    [​IMG]
    [/HIDE]
    Again, pretty simple, nice little image of Azurill there though in the bottom. This is one of the examples which won't look too great on bigger monitors (and possibly smaller).

Team Menu
    [​IMG]
    [/HIDE]
    I'm not really fond of the default images used for the EV bars, so I replaced them with the purple boxes you see, which I think are slightly better. Other than same as the Trainer Menu.

Pokémon Selection
    [​IMG]
    [/HIDE]
    I love how the bars turned out for this in the base stat thing. I find them pretty cool to be honest, this is one of the few things I really loved when making this. It's not that much, but I just think it looks nice.

Main Chat
    [​IMG]
    [/HIDE]
    Nice little pattern for the main chat there, with a cute Azurill pic in the bottom there :3

Challenge Window
    [​IMG]
    [/HIDE]
    Again, nothing fancy, just a simple dot pattern in the background, with a discrete Azurill sitting there at the bottom :3

Battle Window
    [​IMG]
    [/HIDE]
    Now this, this is the part I really love. I really hated doing the battle window, because I couldn't just make it in GIMP like I could with the others, but I think this turned out a lot better than I expected. It doesn't fit -that- much with the theme and I'm somewhat tempted to make a whole new theme just using this as the base, but I'm going to leave it as is now.

That's everything I can think of (If I missed anything tell me). It took me about a day or two to make in total, I got pretty tired towards the end though, so I'm not fully happy (This is just like my FFVI all over again!), I was gonna do things like change the auth symbols and change the status balls. Maybe change the move icons too, but yeah, I'd rather just move onto doing something not related to themes at the moment.

Sources for the images are:
    http://pldh.net/gallery/the493
    http://pearlsaurus.fc2web.com/elog.html
    http://www4.atwiki.jp/hitec/

Anyway, download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7mqdr4mj3htydw/PolkaDot.rar
    And yeah the folder is a mess... sorry about that :x

2. Halsey

Halsey Wildstar

PO Trainer Name:
    Kat
    I think the Main Chat would be better without the image at the bottom right. Anyway nice theme

3. Cirno

Cirno Romantic

PO Trainer Name:
    Alice
    I like the feel of this theme a lot, and the random Azurill (at least in the challenge window) makes it feel better. Very simple, and I like simple. My only concern would be the Azurill in the mainchat window; it just doesn't fit the theme well. (it is growing on me though)

[SECRET][​IMG]

This is how it is supposed to look :v[/SECRET]

4. Crystal Moogle

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    That Azurill is my favourite too :<

Also I never actually explained the Azurill in the theme, but Azurill is the Polka Dot pokémon, so I decided to fit it in :3

5. Elements

Elements BOOMER SOONER Forum Moderator Server Staff Forum Moderator Server Staff

PO Trainer Name:
    Elements
    This is the best theme I have ever seen
    !

6. Kumiho

Kumiho Silhouettes

PO Trainer Name:
    Kumiho
    I like it. Nothing flashy, just a nice simple theme with cool pictures. Good theme. :3

7. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    Great theme crystal. <3

8. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

Nice theme aesthetically, I especially love the Battle Window player names. Good job, Crystal!

9. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Looks like a cool theme to me, will have to use it once I get back on my cpu.

10. Pokemon Online Trainer

Pokemon Online Trainer I doNt Play Pokemon

Good Theme Nicely Done Buddy

11. [LD]Jirachier

[LD]Jirachier RAGE Server Administrator Developer Server Administrator Developer

what is this garbage

E.T. likes this.
  12. Crystal Moogle

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    how dare a clantag reply to me