1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[POCL] Pokemon Online Champions League 2 - Semi Finals

Discussion in 'Official Tournaments' started by Gtfo, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wobbyble

Wobbyble Member

Okay, just going to interject in the midst of all this mad here. A change was made to the "format" of Little Cup. Essentially it made LC pokes that are first evo etc SET TO LEVEL 5. Like in DPP when you did Wifi Battles in the weird tower shit, your pokes were set to level 50. Same thing. This is essentially for allowing more "diversity" in the tier for things like Unburden Treeko, Chlorophyll Bulbasaur, etc. While I doubt anyone cares about whether or not I support the change, the point is, a change was made to the tier rules as a whole. Archerknight is in the clear, and if you call him a cheater after this clarification of the new LC rules, then you're a little shit.

If you're going to express your outrage at the tier changes, I can understand that. If you're going to call my teammate a cheater because some other person made changes to the tier rules, then your logic sucks. No rules have been broken, and if you paid a scrap of attention to the LC forums, you would know of the changes. So everyone calm the fuck down, and move on. Tier changes can be discussed elsewhere.

2. i love big tiff

i love big tiff she's so tasty

I brought this up during the fight and archerknight simply raged, not even entertaining the idea of restarting with a legal team. The main thing that needs to be addressed is this time out bs tho, it isn't darrens fault that he has shit internet and cant go somewhere else at 2am (like a cafe or something). This tournament is supposedly a display of who is the better battler and with a time out rule that isn't really allowed to happen (especially when it was taking darren upwards of 30 seconds sometimes to make his move after he clicked it); it especially needs to behave like that in the playoffs.

3. Artemisa

Artemisa Well-Known Member

Except the game doesn't have a setback to lv 5 so it really doesn't work/count, but yeah your point is made

4. Wobbyble

Wobbyble Member

He WAS using a legal team. LC's tier leader made changes to how the tier is formatted. It was legal regardless of whether Rufflet can have Brave Bird at level 5 or not. If you have an issue with the tier, there's an LC subforum for you to complain to.

5. jasonpwn

jasonpwn Active Member

Ok enough about the LC thing. Lets watch the tie because thats waaay more interesting

6. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

just to say y'all are fucking idiots. nearly every fucking one of you. Hustle BB Rufflet is a Legal pokemon on PO. so shut the serious fuck up.

and CHAMPION NIKITAS

oh i want to add at this point: NO LEGALITIES WERE CHANGED IN LC.

Hustle BB Rufflet has been legal since Hustle Rufflet was allowed in the tier.

The announcement made that for the purposes of LC pokemon are considered as being set to level 5 - came months and months and months and months after this stuff being legal in the tier. It was simply accepted that this stuff would be allowed - because the tier is better without things like Hustle BB Rufflet, Shift Gear Klink, Analytic Porygon etc being illegal.

Apparently Hustle Rufflet at all has been unobtainable this entire time - in which case that's the fault of the people who implement what's allowed as "released" making a mistake, and not the fault of Weavile, or any players here - were any of us aware it was unreleased before this? If so maybe they should have fucking said something BEFORE.

This is all so stupid.

I hope the people who make the decision on the LC tier don't choose to not follow Weavile's proposed rule that LC be considered a tier where pokemon be set to level 5. Frankly if they choose not to, I'm probably just gonna straight up quit PO because that will be the last straw of people making shit worse for no damn reason.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  7. BIG BAD BLINGAS

BIG BAD BLINGAS Violet BLINGAS

I do believe he had the prior knowledge of it not being released and letting into the tier,

also i can't tell, are you saying lc should be level 100 pokemon?

8. Dasdardly

Dasdardly Uknown Bird

PO Trainer Name:
    Dasdardly, Eureka
    Well, I've been playing this whole time (as have most of our LC players) thinking that Rufflet had been released and that due to a bug with PO and a subsequent ruling by the tier leader, Brave Bird Rufflet would be allowed. This is where most of the arguing has come from I think; just a misunderstanding.

Yes.

9. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

as far as I'm aware, no people involved in LC were aware that DW Rufflet was not actually released. The Brave Bird and Hustle arguments seem to have gotten intertwined and confused here among everyone.

I'm not 100% sure what is meant by "lc should be level 100 pokemon". My view is that LC pokemon are all set to level 5 for the purposes of battling (LC is a weirdo bastardised tier as-is), so in effect a pokemon in LC could be level 100, sure, but it's level 5 in-battle. I don't see why we should limit LC by not having it this way, because arguments of "we're a simulator" are kinda BS when we already implement a number of clauses that can't be implemented in-game, in order to make competitive pokemon better.

10. Dasdardly

Dasdardly Uknown Bird

PO Trainer Name:
    Dasdardly, Eureka
    (I actually agree with you, blarajan. I was just making a point about tier legality- not about game legality.)
    Little Cup has had previous in-game incarnations, so we shouldn't go mucking it up.

But this is pretty off-topic, so maybe we should take it somewhere else~.

Go Stunfisks!

Edit: Oh yeah, how was the tiebreaker decided? I see that they're all matchups that happened during the regular week, except HGSS :o.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  11. Nikitas

Nikitas Member

First of all, thanks dasd! Secondly, Gtfo randomly decided on 3 tiers for tiebreak and each team put its line-up. So yea, match-ups might be similar but they are different.

12. "Bad To The Bone" Balla

"Bad To The Bone" Balla so B.A.D.

JUST CHECKED DIS THRED AND I WOULD LIKE 2 SAY THIS: LOL GG FUCK SUNDERLAND

13. D4RR3N

D4RR3N Active Member

at least we hit playoffs unlike some other team whose manager got all salty after not making playoffs ;)

14. Halsey

Halsey Wildstar

PO Trainer Name:
    Kat
    idgi, why is Vintage Books mad at Seakings because of what Blimlax did in the midseason pickups if he was planning to do the same with Mostwanted and basically did the same shit with August????

15. Dasdardly

Dasdardly Uknown Bird

PO Trainer Name:
    Dasdardly, Eureka
    VB a shit

16. jasonpwn

jasonpwn Active Member

To vintage books: you don't need to be a bad sport. We were close to tying. We just got a little lucky. Seriously aren't you a td too?

17. D4RR3N

D4RR3N Active Member

lol he's no longer a td, and I wonder why...

18. Big Bad Booty Daddy

Big Bad Booty Daddy Big Poppa Pump

PO Trainer Name:
    -
    [video]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lozcs5COgt1qagpff.gif[/video]

19. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    Because he said he was quitting, although he still seems to be on the forums...

20. Harlot

Harlot i look like the pope

he jumped before he was pushed

21. M Dragon

M Dragon Active Member

Then, can I use Huge Power Slaking, or BD + Aqua Jet Azumarill?
    Because it seems that using things that are impossible to get in the game are legal now in PO.

22. Weavile

Weavile Phoenix

M Dragon you're not this retarded and you know it. Stop making stupid arguments about something you do not know or care about to jump on the bandwagon.
    Your team-mates were mad because D4RR3N lost, they explained 40% of the story to you. You're now saying stupid shit.

But yes Wobb is right. Moving on is a pretty good idea. Being that this is the POCL

23. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

[​IMG]

24. Kumiho

Kumiho Silhouettes

PO Trainer Name:
    Kumiho
    I can't believe people are still salty!
    Oh wait, yes I can. This is PO after all!

25. Moet

Moet Money Over You

Just want to say thanks to the whole Sunderland Seakings for being who you are. You guys are the best and I wouldnt have picked a different team even if I had a choice.

Shoutouts to the crew
    Blim = Just want to say thanks for choosing me even though you barely knew my name. And for bidding 18k for me even. I wish I could have done a little better week 1 but thats the past. Thanks man.

Soviet = Ur the best bro. Pretty funny and a great teambuilder. Just try not to play a semi-important match high. :>

Lavos = Thanks to you I was actually considered for this team, so thanks a bunch. I know you were either high or tired during ur match so I cant blame you anymore than I can blame soviet. gl in ur future shit.

CasedVICTORY = You know I think you're the next coming of nu. Just dont rely on the team for team building advice so much. We dont know shit about nu.

Undisputed = You have to be one of the best players in this competition and its a shame ur score couldnt reflect as much. Hopefully the next major tourney you play doesnt bs you as much as this one did.

D4rr3n = I know you didnt do ur best for whatever reason this season but it turned out not to matter much in the end tbh. Plus you werent even recruited for LC yet you gave it ur best. Thats all the matters.

Double01 = Great RU player. I didnt really talk to you so much but you seemed like a cool guy and a powerful user. Does anything else really matter.

MDragon = I honestly dont know much about you except that you're an amazing player and that your spanish. Once again nothing else matters then that. Gl in ur future tours though I doubt you need it.

DestinyUknown = Great UU player who wasnt afriad to speak his mind. And I respect that a ton. Keep doing what ur doing bro.

Ravenn = You're still a great player and it was cool playing on the same team with you. West still > East though pal.

Danilo / Blarajan = Thanks for all the LC help guys. And it sucks you got banned sir, maybe thing would have gone differently but I doubt it.[/HIDE]

One last thing to the PO Staff, Tier Leaders, And TD's. I can understand that you guys want to stand out from Smogon, that you would like to stand on your own two feet and not be in the shadow of smogon, but the thing is there is a difference between being original and being dumbass'. Allowing banned thing because they "diversify" the tier isnt being original its called being a dumbass, banning people because they want to help your tier out, is called being a dumbass. Just because its different doesnt make it good. There is nothing wrong with having competent TD's and well balanced tiers with perfectly legal mons like smogon does. Maybe when you get a chance to pull your heads out of your asses you can try and get a healthy mix of being like smogon and being original instead of being complete dipshits.

Also gl to the stunfisks only because fabians the best. =]

26. Kumiho

Kumiho Silhouettes

PO Trainer Name:
    Kumiho
    Lmao, who said PO wanted to be like Smogon?

27. Moet

Moet Money Over You

Maybe you could trying reading instead of skimming big boy.

28. Halsey

Halsey Wildstar

PO Trainer Name:
    Kat
    Stop posting. It seems like you are trying too hard to be the new MMZ

29. Kumiho

Kumiho Silhouettes

PO Trainer Name:
    Kumiho
    I did read the whole thing. THe first part you did indeed say PO wanted to stand out, but then you said "healthy mix of being like Smogon". And no one can be like MMZ. His posts are far more retarded than mine. But now I'll just stop posting here for a bit because Oak is gonna get pissed at me. :c

30. jasonpwn

jasonpwn Active Member

Can we please just be a little more mature and stop blatantly asking for arguments for malicious reasons? Seriously keep it to yourself we have only one week left of this just get along holy crap idc if you think stuff is unfair and I don't care if you think you should comment on others opinions this shit is pissing off just shut the fuck up and play some Pokemon my god

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  31. iris

iris Member

The King has Spoken

32. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

When you read past the 'butts', he made a great point.

33. BIG BAD BLINGAS

BIG BAD BLINGAS Violet BLINGAS

i'm not a butt >:(

and tbh i was just questioning their tiering. i'll drop it idgf.

34. Analog

Analog Member

Thanks for the support Tanner.

Good job guys, we got screwed for playing by the rules. Disappointed that the Chatots won several battles on luck, cheated, and then refused a rematch after cheating. It's a shame these are the people that "represent" Pokemon Online.

Blim = You're a good dude. Pleasure to play on your team.

Soviet = Didn't talk a ton, but you were a nice guy when we did. Good job this year, too bad we went out like this :/

Lavos = Never saw you play this year, but you're a boss. Definitely the next big thing.

CasedVICTORY = lol, know when to be quiet. Otherwise, you're pretty hilarious.

Undisputed = Shoutout to myself for going 7-0. You're all a bunch of chumps, especially nikitas and the Chatots.

D4rr3n = I know you didn't have the performance of a lifetime, but you can't let things get you down. Always set your sights on the next battle.

Double01 = Cool dude. Big part of the team. I hope I get the opportunity to play with you again sometime.

MDragon = Probably one of the best players in the history of competitive Pokemon. So versatile in every gen, and you're team building skills are insane. One of the few pure players (team building and in game skill) left in the game.

DestinyUknown = I remember I raged at you during a practice tour or something. Sorry about that, you're a cool guy and didn't deserve it! I just get angry when I'm playing Pokemon.

Cerberos = You've grown on me. I always thought of you as a total gimmick player and that made me angry because I hate gimmicks, but getting to chat with you totally changed my mind. Hope I have the opportunity to play with you again in the future.

Danilo = Sorry you got banned :( PO is a strange place.

Blarajan = Cool boy, I hope you do well in Smogon Open. Too bad our paths don't cross often.

Moet = Last because I copied your list. You are so underrated. I'd always come online and see you won, and I'd be like shiiiiiit he's done it again. One of the sure bets the entire season. Like Lavos, I think you could be the next big thing.
    [/HIDE]

GJ Seakings, was a pleasure to play with the best team.

35. Clarion

Clarion Snow on the Sahara

To be real honest, I wanted Sunderland Seakings in the Finals, despite majority of the team are hailed from Smogon University.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  36. H-C

H-C Choke

I just wanna say, stop puting everyone in the same bag. Despite luck and "cheat" (I did not care if the match would be replayed or not), it's the first week we get all this haxx. (And the haxx during zam vs DU was useless) I did not see every match but some of the matches were good. (Except mine where I choked really hard)

37. Nikitas

Nikitas Member

analog still salty for a crit that might havent mattered in the end(in our match) and didnt matter for his team that week, gg sir.

38. Nexus

Nexus Legend Killer

Your a chill dude but that was uncalled for. Maybe Zam haxed DU, Mibu Vs Blim didn't matter as Mibu's pokemon had a Lum berry and Archer Vs Darren was controversial but all our other games, we got haxed(poor stone got haxed to hell but your still a boss man) and we won all our other fights fair.

39. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~ Administrator Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
  40. Stone_Cold22

Stone_Cold22 Member

Undisputed, im not gonna comment. Sorry you got haxed man, it's not the first and it won't be the last. All im gonna say is, revenge for WCoP BITCH! :P I really wanted to be the first US team to win ya know :(

GJ Chatots, glad to make it to the finals with you guys even if I haven't done much in regards to my battling so far haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.