1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Mafia]Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Theme Development' started by Hidden, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Hidden

Hidden Member

Okay, I would like to dedicate this theme to Harry Potter! Obviously, the Title says all. I am currently looking for someone to script this for me, but here this goes.
    Changes will be changed in Red

Harry Potter 2.0 Mafia Theme​

Good People
    Harry Potter - Harry Potter, being Harry avoids Voldemorts Killing spell during the day! He also avoids the empowered Draco! Being able to stop Voldemort, He can Daykill as well!

Albus Dumbledore- Dumbledore,Can figure who someone is out very easily! He can use inspect during the night! He is also and emergency vigi. he has a two-time kill.

Hermione Granger- Hermoine, Is Harry's best female companion! Shes mighty pretty and can help harry get out of trouble distracting other people. Use the confundus charm at night using /confund ~Player~!

Ronald Weasley - Ron, as Harry's best friend sticks around for him and his friends! Being good ol' Ron he Protects all he can! use /Protego to defend people during the night!

Neville Longbottom- Neville, being his old self, being chasing around Trevor, His toad, appears to not be usefull at all, always forgetting things, losing Trevor, grandmother accusing him not being like his father, he has a little bit of a downside. He doesnt like to interfere with people, doing that he has a -1 votes! He has always loved it when Hermione helped him with his magic, when she dies he enrages and becomes powerful! then he can kill at night and have +2 votes during the voting stage!

Ginny Weasley- Ginny, the cute girl who has a lot of boyfriends and flirts a lot, Is a big influence on who the guys vote for! she has +3 votes!

Sirius Black- Sirius, being a pure-blood, has family connections and has been to Azkaban, He can figure out what a person is going to during the night period! Use /accio ~Player~ To Summon your broom and follow them!

Muggles- Muggles, Who have no idea whats happening in the wizarding worlds, but gets to deal with what accidentally happens in the Real world! They are the average citizen and has +1 votes! Vote out the bad guy during the day!

Dobby: Being Harry's House elf, Is a little too outgoing. Can convert into a samurai after 2 nights!

Luna Lovegood - Loves to just give stuff away from her dad's newspaper! Chants random things during the day! 40% to reveal a role and 10% to reveal herself!
    [/HIDE]

Bad Roles

Voldemort- Voldemort has the reputation of being feared throughout the wizarding world, and having a group of followers called death-eaters! He has +2 votes because of being feared by the death-eaters. He is also a very talented Wizard and is not afraid to kill! Use /Avada ~Player~ and don't get seen!

Lucius Malfoy- Lucius Is one of Voldemort's top men in the ranks of Dark Eaters! He has the special privilege to know what Voldemort is going to do during the night! You also have a individual Night kill to kill any threats to the death eaters! 50% failing on the kills.

Draco Malfoy- Draco Is inspected as a Muggle, cannot do anything untill his father is killed, if Lucius is Killed, He empowers and daykills. Be careful, He is revealed when day killed.

Peter Pettigrew- Known as Scabbers, is a Spy. only can detect the Good People, what they are doing. Since he is an Animargus[sp?] He changes into a rat, and human, Once in rat form he can /stalk and can change into human form using /human! While in human form he can kill one every other night! because the other nights he is helping Voldemort!

Death Eaters- Being Lord Voldemort's posse, They are very skilled in their work! They can be detected due to their mistakes! They all share a nightkill due to the fact, Lord Voldemort doesn't want it to be too obvious what his plans are!

Nagini- Voldemorts Basilisk- You are Voldemort's beloved Basilisk! You have the power of your eyes to distract someone during the night! use /glare to distract the player! If Fernir tries to get you, You kill him!
    [/HIDE]

The Werewolf
    Fenrir Greyback- Werewolf, Hits the target first, and can change people every other night nights to werewolfs, and if distracted, it kills the distractor

Little Werewolf: Can bite one person to poison them each night! This Poison is Shared![/HIDE]

Conspiriators
    Serverus Snape- can kill each night, Stalk 1 player every 2 rounds, and can side with either the good people or bad people, but not the Ministry.[/HIDE]

The Ministry
    Cornelius Fudge-Head of the Ministry. Being Head, He can throw People into Azkaban! type /capture ~player~ every other night! You can accept individual Death eaters to your Ministries! But they have to ask to be in. you can accept by using /accept during the night time!

Rita Skeeter- Announces Roles during the day, as Harry, Death-Eater, Voldemort, Albus Dumbledore,
    Hermione, Fenrir Greyback, Snape, Ron, Peter Pettigrew, or Cornelius Fudge. These can be faked, caused by the liar she is!

Ministry members- Being United for the Ministry, They Can just target one person and take them down! They Can frame on person (kill one person) per night! This is a shared role!

Dolores Umbrige- Being the ugly toad, Dolores Umbridge Distracts a player a night, but gives herself away with a "hem hem" To tell people what type of PL she is!
    [/HIDE]
    Dementors
    Dementor: You don't know your team mates.. Cannot be killed During the night! Kill it during the day! It has 0.5 being the lowly prisoner guard. can only kill a character if is thrown in Azkaban. You can use /connect to become part of the ministry's side. They have to accept the invitation.You will not be revealed to them who you are until they accept the invitations. Each Dementor can ask on their own.
    Advantages of Being on the Ministries side: Winning with them at the end of the game.
    Disadvantages of being on the Ministries side: They can easily kick you out and reveal you if you threaten them in any way.[/HIDE]

While in Azkaban:

While in Azkaban, You cannot use your normal commands. You can use /escape to and have 20% chance to flee Azkaban! but this gives your role away once you flee! Once you flee, you can use your normal commands.[/HIDE]

If the game is smaller, It could be a possibility to make a game between Dementors and Werewolves. [Black Mage's Idea]
    10-15 people.
    Bigger games with Ministries and Good Side and Bad sides 16+

There are the roles! But now, You can Give improvements, or offer to script! ~ Still Currently looking for one~
    THANKS~ Hidden

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  2. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

Aside from the spelling errors, not a bad idea.

I would suggest adding Sirius Black on the good side, and Snape having a bit more power. He technically looks like a standalone role.

3. Hidden

Hidden Member

Yeah, Sorry. I typed this up like fast, so not so accurate on spelling. Hah, Okay.

4. IceKirby

IceKirby A.K.A. RiceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    I don't know much about Harry Potter, but... Are all those roles under "Bad Roles" on the same team? If not, you should make the teams more clear so people won't be confused.

5. Hidden

Hidden Member

Yeah, they're on the same team, I'll try sort that out.

6. Kurapika

Kurapika Born to be a Troll

The bad roles seem they need to more work, btw, the Death Eater don't share a kill??? That would be too OP. That side seems just OP in comparaison to the others, even more power than the Good People...
    IMO, the theme seems to me quite simple and default-ish right now. I like HP and HP as a theme can really become very popular since almost everyone knows/likes the movies, if you can make it even better than would be just cool. :)

7. Hidden

Hidden Member

Soo, Add more characters? and different types of Commands?

8. Tesla Elesa

Tesla Elesa Almost Quality

Seriously? No Ginny as spy? Ginny>Fred all the way.

And lol Neville has no skill. He bloody saved the world and killed Voldemort (in effect).

Way too defaultish right now. There are absolutely a ton of different things you can do with each role, you know. It's not just the commands you type in; it's also the passive things that make a huge difference.

I guess it just doesn't have the feel of Harry Potter. It's just another mafia theme atm. What you can do is maybe add in different spells for each character, and do a ton of fun stuff with recharge, initialrecharge, charges, failChance, things of that nature. At least, that's what I would do. You could go a different way. Just make it less defaultish.

9. Hidden

Hidden Member

Okay, Going to change things now. But its going to be little by little at a time.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  10. Tesla Elesa

Tesla Elesa Almost Quality

Ooh, had a great idea. Add in a Dementors side, and give them a curse that sucks out people's souls, rendering their vote useless, taking away their abilities, dying when any command is used on them, and putting them on a team that has no chance of winning. A fate worse than death indeed.

11. Hidden

Hidden Member

Hmm, that is a good idea. I havent really been keeping things up to date. im going to try do that in the future

12. Katia

Katia Haxy Haxy!

I think Albus would make a better inspector since he is a skilled legilmentist. [sp?] Makes more since then Expecto Patroum anyway. How about making harry a samurai instead? Also the good people seem a tad underpowered.

13. Serpentine

Serpentine Member

Speaking of Legilimens, since Voldemort is the strongest one known, you could let him have an inspect and a nightkill every other day (Because let's face it, he's not that active in the books)

14. Hidden

Hidden Member

Okay, I have put this off for a while. Im going to look back in on it! Starting now! Haha. K, More Critiques and stuff come on in!

15. N the Great

N the Great Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Captain Price
    you must code yourself or ask assistance, no one will donate etc coz, i didn't knew the code and no one came up for donation, I'd suggest to ask few Qc or MA's to help you out in coding, if you have errors check in Ice Kirby's Mafia theme checker. Therefore, you can get your theme coded and finished

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  16. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

That's technically not our job and I (and I'm sure the others agree) would prefer that you not volunteer our time without first consulting us, and at that point, we might as well post ourselves.
    So... N the Great, can you please stop posting around with a bunch of fluff and useless content?

If you are saying something is bad, examples are encouraged. The spell names are no longer than current commands, but could be rather hard to remember the correct spelling at first. Some people frown upon custom commands that play into flavor, but not into gameplay. You've only got a few cases, so I think you could get away with it, but when practically every command is custom, it gets a bit excessive.

If you are saying new roles should be added, give examples. Seeing as this thread was first started back in November, a suggestion to possibly incorporate a newer feature into the theme would be good. I'm not a Harry Potter fan, so I'm not even going to try to come up with something that would work. However, actions like curse and copy might be able to fit into the theme.

Finally, Hidden, do you mind updating if roles expose themselves while daykilling? Draco Malfoy seems a bit overpowered if he doesn't reveal. Oh, and a few roles seem somewhat unfinished... Like what does Lucius do? And if the Death Eaters have separate kills, that shifts a ton of power onto the Bad side.

17. Hidden

Hidden Member

Okay, I updated a lot of this, I made it so that deatheaters have shared kill. added new roles. and such.

18. N the Great

N the Great Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Captain Price
    Hidden, this theme is awesome, can i know the spawn list cause you have more number of roles, how are you gonna balance this? what is the minimum number of players who can play this theme? Please make sure, that you specify in this theme and everything would be fine! Good Luck, this theme is cool and I like the Flavour :D

19. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

So Cornelius's team has a +4 voter, is able to convert Death Eaters, gets a distract, a kill, is able to send people to Azkaban and gets an expose, while the Werewolves get a poison, a kill and a convert every 3 nights...doesn't really seem balanced. And the Town seem generic as hell too - perhaps spice it up a bit. Neville being empowered is a step in the right direction, certainly. Lupin could be a Spy who gets hax on the Werewolves, and Snape could be a Conspirator.

20. Hidden

Hidden Member

Well... The Werewolves weren't really supposed to be one of the teams that really win all the time. kinda like The Dread Isle on FE. But Sure. I'll give it a little bit more. I just don't know what to do to make the town less Generic.

21. two sides of one coin

Curse commands would really fit the type of theme this is. Imperio especially - it could be a type of thing (idk if it's code-possible) where you're "poisoned" but instead of dying you convert to a role with no actions and a 0 vote on the side of whoever cursed you.

Harry daykilling and exposing at the same time places a huge weight on the role. As people have said, I'd remove the Weasley twins altogether, give Dumbledore an Inspect (and perhaps a two-time kill, as an emergency Vigi? He's always emergency Vigi-ing in the books anyhow), change Harry to an exposer. Dobby could also feature here - after night 2 or so, he could convert and become a Samurai. Lupin should get hax and Ginny could be a megavoter. Another problem in testing is the huge amount of votes which Mafia have. I'm all in favour for maybe one megavoter bad guy (see: King Dedede in Kirby/King Zephiel in FE) but between Voldemort and Fudge they practically outvote the whole Village. Removing Voldemort's +4 (even +2 is better) and giving him an Inspect would make more sense flavour-wise, while removing the huge voting power.

What does Dolores's "giving herself away" message mean? Is it a chance to reveal herself to whoever she PL's? That's a nice idea. Is Rita a Pen-type revealer, or does she actually reveal their true role? It wasn't really clear to me.

An idea which I don't think has ever done is a triumvirate of Conspirators, but all of them have a side/sides they don't win with. Means there are sides they are against but they still have that traditional Conspirator-type choice to make.

I'm not 100% sure there's really a point in having the Dementors. They just seem like a Ministry buff without actually being a Ministry buff, heck they don't even get a kill! And the Ministry will have ridiculous numbers if the acceptions go through. I'd drop the Dementors altogether, make some more Conspirators, buff the Village a bit, Bad Roles are quite simply too OP. They have 6 roles, one has an individual kill, another has multiple votes and an individual kill, one gets an individual kill, a PL, a group kill and a daykill. That is potentially 5 kills in 1 night and day. Drop at least 2 kills, that's just ridiculous.

Finally, a possible idea is one like the Titans of Mythology, have the four House founders weak at the start and get stronger as they go along (Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin.

I'm sorry if this is sorta hard to read, you said you needed some ideas so I sorta brainstormed a bit. Some I'd advise more than others (less Mafia votes, Village buff or nearly essential, while stuff like giving Lucius a failchance etc. are possibly less needed)

22. Hidden

Hidden Member

Wow. Thats a mouthful xD But sure. I'll try some of those Ideas! I think I'll keep the dementor idea though. I don't know.

23. Scene

Scene reverie

I don't want to criticise because this theme is very well done and I really love some of the ideas (Draco Malfoy, Peter Pettigrew etc.) but you have a horrible amount of spelling mistakes. You've spelled Ministry wrong on multiple occassions, you have lots of random capital letters and gramatical errors More importantly flavour-wise:
    The werewolf is named Fenrir Greyback not Finrir.
    Umbridge's name is Dolores, not Delores.
    The Weasley family is spelled Weasley, not Weasly.

Only minor concerns though, the theme as a whole is intelligent with some lovely roles. Well done.

Actually, feel free to ask if you want some small pieces of text typed up, especially if English isn't your first language.

24. two sides of one coin

Adding on what Scizor said, it's Dolores Umbridge and Ronald Weasley. Same with Ginny.

25. Scene

Scene reverie

I had JUST edited my post. Claiming the ninja.

I do hope this theme gets finished though, it's actually got some cracking roles.

26. Hidden

Hidden Member

Okay! Thanks guys. English isn't my strong point! Even though I have spoken it since I was born! It would be great if someone helped me with my mistakes!