1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Replay Viewer Changes

Discussion in 'Interesting suggestions' started by Kyrk, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    Just wanted to bump this thread so we can attempt to add and/or fix more things for the replayer, most of which have already been pointed out, or to at least learn how to program those changes.

Just a few things I'm thinking of at the top of my head:

1. Larger sprite sizes - I think you said you added a zoom feature in the script that increased the size of the sprites. I want to know what I have to edit to increase the size of the pokemon sprites, more notably the user's pokemon, even more in an attempt to look more proportional to in-game and making use of that large amount of space in the middle of the screen. Learned how to change the sprite size, so now it comes to choosing the right size and positioning of everything else.
    2. More speed control options - I know how to manually change the scripting to increase/decrease the speed of the animated logger, but I want to know how to save those set speeds so I can refer to them later in terms of logger speed control. Being able to go back to the beginning of the battle or a specific turn without exiting and reopening the replay would be a plus as well.
    3. Backgrounds - I think you made a thread talking about this before, but I don't think you publicly released the option to change your battle window background, so It'd be cool how to add that in. This will also be pretty important if we're able to enlarge those sprites I've mentioned earlier. Found out we can do this now, which is cool.
    4. Attack animations - I remember sending you that large folder of .png files, so I'm wondering if you were able to implement those images into attack animations successfully or not. Otherwise I'm aware that you need more sprite art to create more attack animations.
    5. Labeling of turns - As mentioned earlier, it helps keep the battle a bit more organized and easy to understand.
    6. Fixing of glitches - This includes the annoying pokemon slot-swapping, weird illustrated damage calks, etc. I also want to figure out what is preventing my Mac client from saving .poreplay files.
    7. Webclient Replayer - I'm aware of a webclient of Pokemon-Online is being developed, but I'm not if a webclient version of the replayer will be added to that or not.
    8. Showing hazards - It would be nice if there was a way to display hazards; it doesn't even say what hazards are up when you toggle your mouse over the pokemon like it did in the old battle window.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  2. smbcha (Derwin)

smbcha (Derwin) Battle Recorder & Editor

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning

3. coyotte508

coyotte508 Well-Known Member Administrator Server Owner Administrator Server Owner

For the close combat move, change the item image in the code, and if it's better, provide the new line.

For the sprites, the animated ones are loaded from the web but the non animated ones are on the comp. If you changed them, and don't want the app to load images from the web, remove this code:

Code (text):
    1.         onStatusChanged: if (status === Image.Ready) {
    2.                              shader.image = aimg;
    3.                          } else {
    4.                              shader.image = img;
    5.                              if (status!=Image.Loading &&pokemon.gender==2&&femaleTry) {
    6.                                 femaleTry=false;
    7.                              }
    8.                          }
    in field pokemon.qml

4. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    My progress so far:
    [​IMG]

I've been trying to enlarge the sprites, which I think is pretty accurate to in-game size-wise. However, I don't know how to move the health bars; it seems to move with the pokemon whenever I move the sprites, and increasing the size of the pokemon only makes it go up a lot higher.

I also want to try layering the player name boxes over the pokemon sprites, as the increased size is completely or near-completely covering them.

5. smbcha (Derwin)

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning

6. coyotte508

coyotte508 Well-Known Member Administrator Server Owner Administrator Server Owner

Try onStatusChanged: shader.image = img; then

7. smbcha (Derwin)

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning

8. coyotte508

the whole thing looks like this for me:

Code (text):
    1.     AnimatedImage {
    2.         id: aimg /* Dont use image, will cause problems if you do for the shader */
    3.         anchors.horizontalCenter: parent.horizontalCenter;
    4.         anchors.bottom: parent.bottom;
    5.         transformOrigin: Item.Bottom;
    6.         property int forme: img.spriteRef >> 16;
    7.         property bool femaleTry: true;
    9.         source: fieldPokemon.showing ? ("http://pokemon-online.eu/images/pokemon/black-white/animated/" + (back?"back/":"") + (pokemon.shiny?"shiny/":"")
    10.                                         + ((femaleTry && pokemon.gender==2)?"female/":"") + padd(img.spriteRef&0xFFFF) + (forme ? "-"+forme:"") + ".gif") : ""
    12.         scale: img.scale
    13.         anchors.bottomMargin: img.anchors.bottomMargin
    14.         anchors.horizontalCenterOffset: img.anchors.horizontalCenterOffset
    15.         z: img.z
    16.         opacity: img.opacity
    17.         smooth: false
    18.         onSourceChanged: shader.grab();
    19.         onCurrentFrameChanged: shader.grab();
    20.         onStatusChanged: shader.image = img;
    21.         Connections {
    22.             target: img
    23.             onSpriteRefChanged: function() {
    24.                 femaleTry = true;
    25.             }
    26.         }
    28.         visible: status === Image.Ready
    29.     }
    if it still doesn't work you can try pming me on the server

9. coyotte508

Hazards will show in the tooltip next version.

10. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    Now that we have Qt5, can we expect some more changes to go out?

11. coyotte508

Not right now. Since I'm gonna work on the webclient (which will probably mean a new web replay viewer too).

But Qt5 definitely opens up new possiblities (including very cool particle effects that just don't compare with the current ones)

12. smbcha (Derwin)

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning

13. coyotte508

This bug doesn't happen for me, sorry.

PS: Wavy is expermienting stuff on the battle window! If you want some changes maybe he can do some stuff.

14. MindFreak

MindFreak Member

if somebody is colourblind he will not see if the pokemon is burned or other( I know that there is the log to read.. but why not put an icon under the HP bar??)
    i don't know if the colourblind can see it but i think he can't. [/HIDE]
    I mean this for the new Replay viewer.

if it is hard to do you could do first the most important things ..

lol, I know, my english sucks..[/HIDE]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  15. smbcha (Derwin)

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning

16. coyotte508

Edit the file "ProgressBar.qml"

Instead of the root object being a rectangle, make it an image (with that image as the "source").

Then inside there's a rectangle with "id: rectangle1"

change its dimensions to fit inside the hp bar.

And maybe remove completely the other rectangle (after rectangle1)

17. smbcha (Derwin)

PO Trainer Name:
    derwinning

18. coyotte508

Can you give me the progressbar image so i can try something?

19. Tyki

Tyki Change

PO Trainer Name:
    Tyki
    It would be helpful if we could have the opponent's team revealed as well, as it's hard to make proper team previews.

20. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    I wanted to try to revive this thread again so we can get this thing fully working. I wanted to state at least several of the problems the replayer is still having:

1. Speed options - The default speed is based off of the actual times the players made, making them slow, and the only fast-forward option is too fast for many people to do voiceovers for. There needs to be at least 3 speed options to give the viewer more control over the pacing of the match.
    2. Skip turn button - The button that skips turns on the replayer is pretty much useless, as I believe it only skips a certain line within a turn instead of the full-out turn. Another thing for this could be buttons that lets you go back to the last turn, restart to the beginning, or go to the inputted turn.
    3. Missing back sprites - I'm assuming this is because the backwards 6th gen pokemon and mega back sprites don't exist on here, which can be fixed if we have sprite artists that can volunteer; this applies to animated versions of said sprites and many attacks as well. If not, that needs to be worked on.
    4. Weird damage calc logs - Occasionally there are logs in the replayer where the damage shown is way off. It doesn't directly affect the gameplay, but it definitely confuses people.
    5. Team Preview - 5th and 6th gen battles don't immediately show all 6 of your opponent's pokemon in the replay's team preview until they're actually revealed. Here's a screenshot sent to me that shows an example of problems 4 and 5.
    6. Sprite/Name Swaps - Occasionally the names of some pokemon are swapped with other on your team, as well as the positioning of the small sprites on the replayer's team preview. When this happens on the normal battle window, the pokemon sprites themselves get swapped as well, but there's no difference gameplay-wise.
    7. Sprite Sizes - These should be properly adjusted, as they seem too small in both the small and large versions of the replay viewer.

I'm still only learning how to program, but if there's ways I or anyone else can help with any of these, then we probably can do our best to do so.

21. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Member

The ability to restart the replay without closing and re-opening would also be nice

22. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    So I just decided to go back to this yet again since the 3D sprites were fully released on them. I still can't really most of the problems I and others have previously mentioned, but I recently started trying to add/fix ascetic stuff to the replayer to make it as similar to in-game...
    [​IMG]
    as I can.
    This is what I have so far...
    [​IMG]
    There's obviously a lot of stuff that I'll probably need help on should I want it to be as accurate as possible in addition to other beneficial ascetics which in this checklist I'm making now includes:
    - Finding a Battle Spot battlefield picture to use as the background (if anyone has a link to that, that would be great)
    - Moving HP Bars to "proper" positions
    - Changing fonts and colors of the pokemon names for readability
    - Displaying levels and genders
    - Shortening the spacing of the team preview to allow more room
    - Additional small in-game stuff (actual HP bar, white bar through the team preview, etc.)
    - A small white border around team preview
    - A turn counter
    - Showing full team preview for 5th and 6th gen battles
    - Finding an actual way/spot to put the player names I removed back in the window
    - Show HP numbers rather than just percentage of the front player's pokemon

UPDATE 1: Adjusted HP Bars, changed color of font to white with a black border for readability, made levels viewable. I'm still trying to find the in-game fonts to no avail, so if anyone knows where to find or can create it, it would be incredibly appreciated. I can get gender technically displayed, but it only labels them by 0, 1, and 2 rather than the actual signs. I finally cropped a 6th gen HP bar (albeit terribly), but I can't seem to find a way to add it onto there at the moment.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    Pumone likes this.
  23. Pumone

Pumone Member

Pretty old thread but still interesting.
    If anyone can be interested, I created some move animations, one for special moves (flamethrower, thunder...), one for status moves (swords dance, calm mind...) and I'm working to add the physical ones (punches ecc.). If anyone interested I can post the files to copy paste in the qml directory.