Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.
Discussion in 'Development General' started by coyotte508, Dec 21, 2012.
The android app is open-source!
This is the development thread.
Achievement unlocked: Registry works neatly
You can log in, see channel list and player list, and join channels.
You can see player info fine, send messages, and receive messages with player colors, as well as login with a password or keep track of battles.
Watching battles works. Improvements to make but it pretty much works!
So does this mean PO(A) is being updated to work with V2? Because that's what it looks like.
I love your app and I love you man. Keep up the good work. Seriously wish I could help :c
Notification system fixed (i had messed it up), leaving a spectated battle is fine now (and alternating between the battle and the chat), and option to disable pokemon cries too added
You can now see which player are battling (like on the webclient).
PMs added, able to load v2 teams (untested), more colors in the chat
Importing teams from QR code works, and you can battle with them too.
Xml files should work too, but not tested yet.
Can import team from file with any file application normally (the only one installed on my phone is dropbox, and it works)
Challenges work again
Reconnect at will when connection breaks up / switches!
Finally lol. This is my unofficial birthday present. Thanks for all the hard work towards this!
Ok, making the teambuilder.
I decided it to have two screens: one in which you can edit the pokemon, and the other one, on the right (like in battles) where you see your whole team (exactly like in battle).
The first screen is covered obviously, but I'd really appreciate a sketch for the first one (even a paint sketch) so I can move forward with ideas!
I like the teambuilder idea, I suggest that you can zoom the teambuilder because Android's phones screens are small, therefore you won't be able to see names/moves/EVs.. clearly.
Some features that I really wanted in pkmn.in, and some suggestions
pokemon/move name search (typing box)
nature help, i.e. show which stat is increased/decreased
EVs: slider + type + preset button (252, 4?)
IVs: tap something to pop up a dialogue? (to save screen space, unless you want the page to scroll anyways)
Happiness preset buttons rather than a box (not much point in having a value other than zero or max)
Perhaps the app could prompt the user to choose an ability after the pokemon has been chosen so that users don't have to look through a huge list? :p
I think choosing Hidden Power type would be a problem but I don't have a solution... not now anyways
For the layout I think the 4 buttons in battle would be good. click those to pop up a dialogue or keyboard for searching (?)
These are just my two cents as a user, not sure if the things that I suggested were practical, but there you go.
Thanks for the app! We really appreciate it :)
Make it so you can only chose tms hms move tutor and egg moves not first gen to third n all ibstant ev iv customization searchable pokemon move and ability listing
I think you should put a set suggestion
You said even paint so here you go, my awesome paint abilities. I wasn't sure what you were looking for so here is what I got.
Hey, just like to say really awesome work on building this app. It's definitely exceeded my expectations.
I just have one small issue concerning delay/lag. There is a significant amount of lag for me while playing/watching battles. For example while watching a battle, it would stall on one turn for minutes, and then the battle-log will quickly spit out three turns worth of actions in a few seconds. I understand this might be an issue with my phone (Samsung S3) or with the network I'm on (3G), but every other app that requires online connectivity runs fine, and load-times for webpages (using the chrome app) are not stalling either. It's been doing this since download. Re-installation does not solve it.
I do live in New Zealand so I am quite far away from most other online players and I understand that there will be ~500 ms delay from that but otherwise I can't understand why it seems to stutter a lot. I was curious if there is a quick-fix for this on my part or something along the lines of that.
Apologies if I've posted in the wrong place, and again, very good job on building this app.
Well, is it better if you use a wifi connection?
I don't have access to Wi-Fi at home, but I'll update this post later when I get a chance to test it out, thanks.
Hmm, since I live in NZ too I decided to do some testing on my Samsung Mini (I think) in both Wifi and 3G. In both I experienced a bit of delay, but only for about 3-5 seconds which I think is normal. I didn't get the large amount of lag that you mentioned in this test. Though sometimes I have had more lag when using 3G, but this might just be to the connection being weak at that particular time or I was trying to do to much with my phone. So yeah this didn't do much to decipher what the problem was for you, just thought I might try and help, since I could. I will try more testing if I can.
Thanks for the testing, I expected 3-5 second lag as well but I had far more than that and I was at Auckland uni where the connection should be near the best I can get. It might have just been a bad day and I will fiddle around more with it today. Also there's not much reason to test on Wi-Fi, if I have access to it I might as well just whip out my laptop :p. I was just really excited to be able to play pokemon on the bus.
Well, in another news, teambuilder is doing ok, profile editing & all works great now, only thing to finish is the editing pokemon part.
You should add a way to store your team on Google Drive
Awesome, I really can't wait for the new update. Hopefully it comes out soon enough. The teambuilder app is going to be really convenient for all android users.
Android teambuilder gonna be ready tomorrow, hopefully.
It's just gonna be a teambuilder, no boxes or anything yet.
That's great news, thank you. We're looking forward to it. Of course, if there are any bugs, we could report em instantly. Thank you for the effort taken.
Well, new version is on google play. Just wait a few hours for it to update!
Awesome, I just had it updated. Everything works fine but, there's a slight problem. The Natures show a bit of bit of wrong directions and berries are not added in the item list. Other than that, the profiles work well. Thank you.
Wow..Only if you could add a few more things, this client would be perfect!
Here are a bunch of suggestions.
1) Being able to load multiple teams at once.
2) Being able to change name while online.
3) Being able to save a new team in a folder. (Just lost a team I created on the Android Teambuilder.)
4) Being able to see the HTML output of Trainer Info's and of course for trivia's "Who's that Pokemon?" questions.
5) Being able to change names while you're online.
6) Being able to open teambuilder while you're online.
7) Being able to read the text above by scrolling up. (It always sends me to the bottom when someone enters something)
8) Saving Battle Logs.
9) Adding a Battle Replay option.
10) Showing the variation of your rated battle.
11) Being able to view the ladder ranking (in pages)
13) Dual Tabbing!
14) Auths having a different name colour in the player list - Blue for mods , Red for Admin and Purple for owners.
15) Sorting the Player List according to tiers and authority.
Next comes the stuff that needs to be fixed :
1) When someone relogs to continue a battle : it says , "[usersname] is watching the battle."
2) Battles randomly start against no one - as in , you don't challenge somebody or click find battle , but a battle commences saying : Battling against [your server username]. They open from time to time ONLY if you relog'd while battling.
3) You can't scroll up and read - it sends you back to the bottom once someone says something.
4) I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I challenged a friend of mine to an OU battle , and it said I challenged his NU team.
5) As others have mentioned , there is infrequent , yet a lot of lag once it starts.
6) I encountered this bug on the PC version as well - if you relog to continue a battle , it shows the opponent's name as "???". And all the users watching have no name. For example a spectator says hi. It shows this ": hi". And if a spectator leaves the battles , it says "null stopped watching the battle".
7) The client often crashes when you try to watch a battle.
8) The client doesn't --> always <-- show life orb / weather / hazards /recoil damage.
9) Don't know if this is related to the phone , but the text can't be copied. (Works on other stuff like web pages)
10) Kyurem-B's party sprite shows up as the normal Kyurem's.
11) Special Attack has been named Special Defense while Special Defense has been named Special Attack. And the nature guide also says that jolly is +speed and +special defense - on the teambuilder.
12) All the 252 EV's change back to 251 on the teambuilder.
13) The teambuilder doesn't save the teams ( if it does -where does it?) . It never asked for the file to be named either. Saving and creating teams are the basic requirements for every Teambuilder.
14) Sometimes , if you try to edit your team and click a Pokemon to make , it doesn't show anything at the bottom. Only the Pokemon's box (which you click to proceed) and the rest ay the bottom is blank. It worms if you restart the application
Added those to the issues: https://github.com/po-devs/android-client/issues?state=open
Genesect's not on the Teambuilder's Pokemon list. (It does appear when you enter it in the search bar above though).
There's this problem with the challenging option. It either says that the other user has an invalid gen or it just challenges him/her to the wrong tier.
If the battle ends on a timeout , it says that the freeze clause prevented the Pokémon from freezing.
The player list doesn't always keep up with the name changes , and a user's tier changes.
I hope this is the right place for this.
Whenever I select extremespeed for dragonite in teambuilder, it shows up normally. When I go to battle, dragonite has three moves, because extreme speed is missing. This occasionally happens with heal bell. Might it be a normal type issue?
You probably need to update. It's strange how I never had that problem. o:
It's probably due to illegal move combinations, which android doesn't detect, but the server does.
Separate names with a comma.