1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Android app

Discussion in 'Development General' started by coyotte508, Dec 21, 2012.

1. o c:

o c: Kittyloaf

Really enjoying this feature on how I can have flash on now and won't get flashed when "o" is used in a word and only when it's used by itself. Also, being able to click "The final battle between player and player has started" to view their battle instead of looking for them in the player list and the "Rate my teams" "Find teams here" links that pop up when a tourney starts is a great feature. Gonna take a bit to get used to Active Channels tab being green but overall great new features.

2. o c:

@MidwayMarshall When I try clicking on the Android app guide link, Hackmons info link, and tier list link in the topic it takes me here http://bombch.us but when I use my old app version and click on them it directs me to the correct site.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As it's showing in the screenshots the -UU, -Ua, and -Ue are not highlighted in the new version but in the old version they are. Hence why I'm being redirected.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  3. MidwayMarshall

MidwayMarshall woof Forum Moderator Developer Forum Moderator Developer

Non-standard weird URLs is the reason android source has such a lenient regex for linkifying which leads to La.Hellhound appearing as a url.

Code (javascript):
    1. Android's
    2. public static final Pattern WEB_URL = Pattern.compile(
    3. "((?:(http|https|Http|Https|rtsp|Rtsp):
    4. \\/\\/(?:(?:[a-zA-Z0-9\\$\\-\\_\\.\\+\\!\\*\\'\\(\\)"+ "\\,\\;\\?\\&\\=]|
    5. (?:\\%[a-fA-F0-9]{2})){1,64}
    6. (?:\\:(?:[a-zA-Z0-9\\$\\-\\_"+ "\\.\\+\\!\\*\\'\\(\\)\\,\\;\\?\\&\\=]|(?:\\%
    7. [a-fA-F0-9]{2})){1,25})?\\@)?)?"+ "((?:(?:[" + GOOD_IRI_CHAR + "][" + GOOD_IRI_CHAR + "\\-]{0,64}\\.)+" //
    8. named host+ TOP_LEVEL_DOMAIN_STR_FOR_WEB_URL+ "|(?:(?:25[0-5]|2[0-4]" // or ip address+ "[0-9]|[0-1][0-9]{2}|[1-9][0-9]|[1-9])\\.(?:25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]"+ "|[0-1][0-9]{2}|[1-9][0-9]|[1-9]|0)\\.(?:25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[0-1]"+ "[0-9]{2}|[1-9][0-9]|[1-9]|0)\\.
    9. (?:25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[0-1][0-9]{2}"+ "|[1-9][0-9]|[0-9])))"+ "(?:\\:\\d{1,5})?)"
    10. // plus option port number+ "(\\/(?:(?:[" + GOOD_IRI_CHAR + "\\;\\/\\?\\:\\@\\&\\=\\#\\~" //
    11. plus option query params+ "\\-\\.\\+\\!\\*\\'\\(\\)\\,\\_])|
    12. (?:\\%[a-fA-F0-9]{2}))*)?"+ "(?:\\b|$)");
    Code (javascript):
    1. Mine
    2. public static final Pattern urlPattern = Pattern.compile(
    3. "(https?:\\/\\/[-\\w\\.]+)+(:\\d+)?
    4. (\\/([\\w\\/_\\.]*(\\?\\S+)?)?)?");
    It is an unruly beast

Edit: Anyways I think I fixed it, hopefully it doesn't link anything weird again now ;p

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  4. MidwayMarshall

Updated release with url fix and a fix to all gens hackmons ability list

5. MidwayMarshall

the <ping/> tag is now handled; it turns the channel red if the user is not viewing that channel. It will also use user preference to receive a pop up.

new custom tag <background color='#ABCDEF'> text </background> added, because <font style='BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ABCDEF'> text </font> is not a valid tag on regular android html

<timestamp/> is handled if the user has enabled time stmaps

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  6. MidwayMarshall

7. MidwayMarshall

Haze Victory likes this.
  8. o c:

[​IMG]

Opponents icons were already giving out stats since last update.

Anyways, team preview doesn't glitch for me anymore but now whenever I battle when the pokémon are sent out my pokémon does it's cry when it's sent out but the opponent's doesn't. They can keep switching around and no pokémon will do it's cry unless it gets defeated.

9. Casparov

Casparov This is supposed to be a Medal!

PO Trainer Name:
    Casparov
    I'm having some problems with it
    My sprite copies the opponents one
    This happend the other way around too, but only in the first turn

Attached Files:

10. MidwayMarshall

I cannot repeat your issue casparov. I tried mega evolve first turn also switching and mega evolving turn 1. But I did change some code so hopefully it got fixed

11. MidwayMarshall

Re-uploaded to re-enable cries and re-enable error popup

12. MidwayMarshall

13. Nightfall Alicorn

Nightfall Alicorn Left Pokémon Online, most likely not coming back.

PO Trainer Name:
    Nightmare Moon
    Will there be a method to block /me and /rainbow for Android? I sometimes see users complain people abuse them to bypass ignore. Could port Crystal's method to help, never had an issue with it.

14. Jiten

Jiten Guest

I dc'd when I was spectating a battle,but the notification stayed in the notification bar.Whenever I click on it,app crashes.I have to force stop app or restart phone to get rid of it.Help pls

15. Jethalal

Jethalal (~o.o)~ So Spooky ~(o.o~)

PO Trainer Name:
    Jethalal
    Force Stop the app and start it again

Joyverse likes this.
  16. MidwayMarshall

I don't like implementing hard-coded string checks; it feels a bit hackish (and it ostracizes servers that use other scripts). If the scriptengine didn't ignore the source given by the scripts and send null sender then it wouldn't bypass ignore.

If a battle crashes you then there is a critical error in that battle so clicking it on it more won't help. The battle activity should notice this behavior and kill itself, which would probably be added in the future

17. MidwayMarshall

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Joyverse, Memo' and Jethalal like this.
  18. IceKirby

IceKirby A.K.A. RiceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    Some minor error with flashes (See attached image). I was logged as 'Kirby' and had 'RiceKirby' on PC flash me.

On a different note, a suggestion that may already have been made on Indigo: Would be nice to have the href='po:send/' and 'po:setmsg' links work on Android so they are consistent with the PC client.

Attached Files:

19. DoctorS

DoctorS Member

Hi I used this link given above to download
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/cgv5s61vo91ov1e/android-client-debug.apk

Few features are good but I have terrible problems in battling now....I hope you can kindly fix them..pokemon sprites are different than the pokemons and one thing is selection of pokemon before turn 1 is a real difficult thing (especially in battle factory,choosing 3 mons in priority is a real problem as they keep shuffling simultaneously rather than just two positions). I captures some screenshots though.

Hope yall will fix asap thanks.

Attached Files:

20. MidwayMarshall

@DoctorS that's why the debug window was added. Me seeing visuals doesn't help.

@IceKirby On Android you cannot alter the behavior of the <a> tag

21. DoctorS

DoctorS Member

@MidwayMarshall have I failed to download something else....where have I gone wrong pls tell me...im having problems playing 3v3 tiers a lot ...because I cant choose 3 pokemons in order ..kindly help thanks

22. DoctorS

DoctorS Member

No one bothers for android I guess... 3v3 is always a problem and I cant even select the lead for 6v6 games too in some battles ..can you guys try doing something pls

23. MidwayMarshall

24. Pokemonistan

Pokemonistan Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Pokemonistan
    I've been having a few problems with the client lately. The biggest problem and the one that I would like to report is that the client does not allow me to choose my lead in battles. While this doesn't happen every time, it's become more frequent in the recent days. The Pokémon that I've set on the first slot is sent out whenever this issue occurs. This didn't happen on one of my other android devices which had a later OS version, so I'm guessing that the problem could be somewhere here. My current device is running Jelly Bean while the previous one ran on KitKat. I know that a user has mentioned this before me but they didn't elaborate on the issue. Please try to look deeper into this if possible.

EDIT: I've been trying to look into what's been causing this bug and I think I've figured it out. During the team preview, the first Pokémon that the user puts in the lead ends up being sent out in battle. The positions on team preview can be changed later, but will have no affect. For example, I drag Charizard to my lead position, and then realise that Pikachu would have been the better lead. I set Pikachu to the lead position but Charizard ends up being sent in anyway.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  25. Silvis

Silvis New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Hitokage, Malice
    Found a bug involving YouTube links, on two different devices (Galaxy Tab S2 on Android 5.1.1, and an LG Volt on 4.4.2). YouTube links sent on regular channels do not get treated as YouTube links, but get treated as YouTube links in PM.

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/ury3q7835ltiyfy/2016_01_16_18_11_39.mp4 Here's a better explanation of the bug

26. Ash ketchumV2

Ash ketchumV2 New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Ash Ketchum
    Idk if this is a bug or glitch or whatever but is this normal (see picture) I crash if I click those things so..

Attached Files:

27. MidwayMarshall

Safari probably added code that will crash android users.

28. MidwayMarshall

Joyverse and Casparov like this.
  29. NoFroZen85

NoFroZen85 New Member

Hey guys! I've been using the android app for a week or so now, mostly for team building and testing on the move. I'm wondering if the legacy edition pokedex will work on android, and also if this feature is updatable to include the gen 6 updates. I really loved this feature in the past.

30. MidwayMarshall

I don't know what you mean

31. o c:

So, deleted the app and reinstalled it using the one on the downloads page (ABOUT TIME IT WAS UPDATED) and been having quite a few issue's with it. First off, Anytime someone postes a link to a site (Google, Imgur, YouTube) I click on them and the link doesn't seem to work. When I click on said links with my other app version 2.5.1 it does recognize them and show the content. Secondly, the "/cjoin" command is none responsive. When I try to "/cjoin" one of my channels, it does not take me to said channel and nothing pops up on the screen.

32. DoctorS

DoctorS Member

What has exactly changed in 2.6.2? The app just sends any random mon from the team even though I select the one I want...I just cant play wifi cc 1v1,battle factory and sometimes even real tiers because it send any random mon as the opener and I tend to get at a disadvantage.... this is really annoying at times ..can you guys try fixing it.(not judging yall great job ...but its still shit because I cant just play properly)

33. o c:

Ok, are you sure you have the latest version first of all? Cause I remember this being a issue a few month's ago where you would try selecting the pokémon you wanted in "Team Preview" and move it to the first slot but it would just get sent back to it's original spot. You had to constantly swipe to get them to switch and majority of times it would switch with a pokémon you didn't want.

If anything, I would suggest downloading the update from the "Downloads" page and see if that fixes it. Don't use any of the links here cause some are beta link's and not finished/buggy. I had the same issue as you @DoctorS but as of right now everything is fine on that end. You can do that or wait for Marshall to reply to you. Good luck.

34. JohnYiu

JohnYiu Active Member

I just found Maranga Berry is missed on the android app items list

35. DoctorS

DoctorS Member

Yes I switched to 2.6.2 isnt that the latest update..but I still have a problem with selecting pokemons in order..like most of the time i cant even choose my lead properly..that problem is still there idk can anyone else comment if they suffee from the same problem too?

36. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Can we blame @IceKirby now pls? :3

37. IceKirby

IceKirby A.K.A. RiceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    More like Android App is unable to make use of a standard PO feature.

38. MidwayMarshall

"standard"
    More like someone coded something without considering how it would affect the largest group of PO users. Then refused to apply a fix that doesn't require a push to clients.

o c: likes this.
  39. coyotte508

coyotte508 Well-Known Member Administrator Server Owner Administrator Server Owner

That is bad...

40. felipefsk

felipefsk New Member

Please, add saving battle logs feature.