1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[BW2 OU] (Nearly) UU team! [1200+]

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by The Dark Master, Feb 6, 2013.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    Hi all! TDM here, with an unusual RMT for me. Why? Because I'm doing it all online, and so cannot save it and make it really long. I'm going to try and make it as close to normal length as possible, unlike some previous RMTs I have done. This team also uses a different layout to most other teams (try clicking the Pokémon images!)
    The idea for the team was simple: find Pokémon that are powerful, fast (for some of them) and resist common attacking types in OU, giving them free switches. Some Pokémon such as Nidoqueen were obvious for this role, resisting both of Terrakions' STAB moves and X-scissor. Others like Weavile were used because I just needed something with the power and STAB typing.

Teambuilding process:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Firstly, I wanted something good. Something fast. Something powerful. Something... MOXIE. Heracross resists Fighting, Ground and Dark and hits Ice, Rock, Steel and Psychic for Super Effective damage with its STAB moves, and so was an ideal choice for this team. He often serves as a late-game sweeper, similar to Salamence.
    Next, I wanted resistances. Heracross was more offensive, and with this being a balanced team, I needed something to take on the most common threats in the tier. I chose Rotom-H for this role. He resists absolutely every move Genesect has, including HP Ground, and just has a better defensive typing than Heatran. It also isn't weak to Scizor's Superpower. I planned on adding a Stealth Rocker later, so Rotom-H took this spot over Heatran. I chose to go Specially defensive (to take on Tornadus-T).
    Now I have a Physical attacker and a Special defender. I now needed a Special Attacker and a Physically defensive Pokémon. For the Special attacker, there really was very little competition. Nidoking was chosen for the above reasons. It also has amazing coverage and power, even if it is a little slow. Rotom-H had Thunder Wave, so could assist Nido if needed.
    Then, I decided I wanted something powerful, capable of taking out Ghosts, Psychics and Dragons easily. A fast and dangerous revenge killer with priority that could beat TechniLoom, RP Landorus and Scarfed MoxieMence. One Pokémon was an obvious choice: Weavile. I chose this over Mamoswine because it could also take on Gengar and not lose to Focus Blast. Weavy also has an immunity to Psychic, which threatens two of my main attackers.
    Next, the Physical wall mentioned earlier. Now with this, I was trying to decide between two Pokémon: Skarmory and Bronzong. They both had decent defenses, access to Stealth Rock, an amazing Steel typing. Skarm had Spikes, Recovery and Phazing, which was amazing. However Bronzong has a much better typing and could do a lot more damage directly. Eventually, I decided on Bronzong. This gave me hazards and another way to beat Tornadus-T, Salamence and more.
    And finally, the last Pokéball. With multiple weaknesses to Psychic and only one Dragon resist, I felt my team was lacking something. Now most Steels could go here, but what was the only one that could effectively deal with Psychics and Ghosts? Yep, Bisharp. He goes in well with the team, and after using it quite a bit I've decided that it really shouldn't be NU. This final addition left me with the team I had when I started this RMT.

Next, after some suggestions, I changed Nidoking out for Nidoqueen, which turned out to be a good move. It could take hits much more easily, and still do a decent amount of damage. I originally had a max defense set, but ZoroDark suggested an offensive set, which worked much better.

I then decided that I needed a spinner, and something to help with Terrakion. Slowbro and Celebi were originally suggested to me for the Terrakion problem, but eventually I went with a defensive Starmie as hazards were proving to hurt my team a lot. With Pursuit now on Weavile, I decided that Bisharp was no longer needed. The team was no longer entirely UU, but it was a lot better than when I first put this team on these forums.
    [/HIDE]

And in detail:
    [​IMG]
    Heracross, the beast. Heracross is an amazing late-game sweeper due to its ability; Moxie. Moxie, as I'm sure you know, gives you a +1 Attack boost for every opponent you directly KO. When the opponents team is sufficiently weakened, this can even beat some Flying types (with SR up and HP previously lost) half way through its destruction of the opponent's team. The moves are chosen for STAB and coverage, as most attackers have. Close Combat has amazing coverage, hitting five types for Super Effective damage. FIVE. Ice isn't very common in OU, but Dark (Tyranitar), Rock (TTar, Terrakion), Steel (Heatran) and Normal (Chansey/Blissey) are all found in the tier. 120 BP and STAB... amazing. Thinking of switching in a Psychic type? Well, HeraX has something for you as well: Megahorn. Same power, same STAB. But its lower accuracy and coverage is why it is rarely used. Still, it has taken out a couple of teams. Night Slash is my main way to beat Ghost types such as Gengar. Ghosts resists both Megahorn and Close Combat (which they are immune to), making this move a must-have on the set. Now Heracross has a 4* weakness to Flying. We don't like that, do we? Surprisngly, the answer to that is a no, and so we use Stone Edge. It also hits Froslass harder than your other moves, but no one actually uses that in OU so idk why I mentioned it. EVs are straightforward: max Attack for damage, max Speed for... Speed. Other EVs could go anywhere. I've used a Choice Scarf to make it a decent revenge killer and sweeper with its Attack getting boosted constantly. When it comes to changes... Earthquake? Many people use it over Night Slash for Jirachi and Heatran, so that could work. Help on this one please. I chose Heracross over most other Pokémon (mostly Terrakion) because of resistances and its Ability.

[​IMG]
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Yes, that is the right forme I'm using there. Rotom-H is SO MUCH BETTER than Rotom-W for a defensive Pokémon. Wash forme makes the better bulky attacker, but when you want a wall this is the thing to use. Why? It's all in the typing: Electric/Fire is good but isn't exactly the best, but then you see the ability: Levitate. Nothing can get close to this thing in the number of types resisted: BoltBeam barely touches it; half of EdgeQuake doesn't affect it; and did I mentioned Genesect and Scizor? Well I probably did earlier, but I'll mention them again here. Nothing they can throw at Rotom-H touches it. Nothing. It then uses its Leftovers to restore HP again. Rotom can then use Thunder Wave to cripple Genesect, making it vulnerable to either getting smashes by Overheat or just getting destroyed by Nidoking. Overheat also kills Scizor. It can then also use Volt Switch to escape from the switch-in, and can use TWave+VS to slowly wear down Tornadus-T. Pain Split is my unreliable recovery, but at least it gets something. Better than Bronzong. EVs are for max HP and not getting destroyed by Stealth Rock, nearly max SDef, and then some Speed to outspeed some stuff. Heatran is the main competition for Rotom-H, but its Ability, recovery and access to Thunder Wave and Volt Switch is what makes Rotom the better choice (unless you need a Stealth Rocker).

[​IMG]
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Nidoqueen, like Nidoking butnot quite as powerful. I know what you're thinking; "Why use Queen over King?" It's simple really. Nidoking can be beaten by Terrakion. It cannot take hits like Nidoqueen does. Queen can simply retaliate back with Earth Power and KO it. Nidoqueen is truly amazing, much better than Nidoking at many things.
    For coverage, I've gone with standard BoltBeam (the combination of Thunderbolt and Ice Beam for those who don't know). Now those two moves on their own are only resisted by Mamoswine, Rotom-H, Lanturn and Magnezone. Magnezone and Lanturn are dealt with by Earth Power, but the first two are difficult. I decided to have Roar as my last move, as Nidoqueen can often take hits at +1 and phaze set-up sweepers. EVs are easy once more; max SAtk and Speed, Modest to let me destroy everything with Sheer Force and a Life Orb and 4 EVs anywhere. Changes include Sludge Wave somewhere, but I can't see it working myself. Now Expert Belt Genesect could have also gone here, however I preferred not to be overprepared for. This team is designed not to be standard. Genesect is also hit neutrally by both of Terrakion's STABs, whereas Nido resists them. Nidoqueen also provides a nice Fighting resist, which is useful for my 4* weak Poké.

[​IMG]
    IVs: 2 Spd
    Now Bronzong is simply amazing. With multiple resistances to types such as Flying, Ground and Rock, it's one of the best defensive Pokémon out there. It does lack recovery however, so if playing with it it is vital to keep it alive until it has successfully taken out all that it needs to. Scarfed Terrakion can't 2HKO with Close Combat, leaving it weak to Gyro Ball. Pokémon such as Tornadus-T also dislike Gyro Ball, as most damage they do is reduced by Leftovers. Speaking of Tornadus-T, I need some decent hazards somewhere on this team. Bronzong provides Stealth Rock. This hits Flying, Ice, Fire and Bug for damage on the switch, repeatedly wearing them out as their HP bars drop to 0. Earthquake is so I can actually fight back against Magnets and Heatran. Jirachi hates EQ too, as Zong takes very little from Body Slam and Iron Head. Now the final move on Zong is an interesting one for a Pokémon that has had all Physical attacks previously. Hidden Power [Ice] is great at catching people out. Gliscor, Landorus-I, Landorus-T, Dragonite, Salamence and other stuff are all taken out by HP Ice in one or two hits. They think that I'm an easy target to start boosting on, but they are wrong. So, so wrong. 2 Speed IVs let me go as slow as possible for Gyro Ball but still keeping HP Ice at 70 BP. EVs are for a Physical wall; max the Defense and max the HP. 4 EVs going (once again) anywhere. Bell is very similar to Skarmory, but Bronzong's mixed walling capabilities, more resistances and less weaknesses led me to choose it over the bird.

[​IMG]
    Starmie! Whilst not being a UU Pokémon, it's still a great addition to the team. I needed another Fighting resist to help with my Terrakion Problem, and Starmie fitted in with the team. It gets several good support moves, and a decent typing. The most useful of these moves to my team is Rapid Spin. This, as I'm sure everyone knows (but I need to drag this description out to the lengths of the others) clears all hazards, including Leech Seed, from your side of the field. This is amazingly useful, as Weavile, one of the main Pokémon in this team, is weak to Stealth Rock. I also have 4 Pokémon vulnerable to Spikes and 3 to Toxic Spikes, making this move vital for the team's survival. Another great support move Starmie has access to is Thunder Wave. This gives Nidoqueen some speed in comparison to the opponent's team, allowing it to outspeed and destroy. It also gives the opponent a nice chance to not move, which can be game-winning. An amazing move that really should be used more often. Next is Scald. You see this move everywhere on bulky water types, and for a good reason. It's reasonably powerful and Burns stuff. The Burn is amazing, as many Physical attackers are suddenly made useless for the entire battle. Finally, Recover. This, with Leftovers, provides me with reliable HP recovery. This lets me spin multiple times through the battle. The EVs are a bit weird, because I didn't really know what EVs to go on defensive Starmie. Any help on this one please?

[​IMG]
    And here, we have Weavile. Weavilewinz has a very different role to Bisharp, shown by its stats and move choice. Weavile is an amazing fast LO attacker, with priority to take out Focus Sashes and weakened Pokémon. The first move is for the many Ice-weak Pokémon out there, most of which are part Flying. Ice Shard works well with Fake Out to take out medium-health sweepers. It's also the first of the two STAB moves Weavile has. However, Ice Shard lacks any power if it isn't Super Effecive against anything. What I need is a more powerful Ice type move... like Ice Punch. This is an amazing move, OHKOing Dragonite some of the time even with Multiscale. The next move I also changed thanks to Nikitas, and this is Pursuit over Night Slash. This is for the Gengar that know I outspeed them, and other Pokémon trying to run. This was originally Bisharp's job, but now they both do it. My final move is one I changed thanks to Nikitas' suggestion: Low Kick. It's a better move than Brick Break which I had previously, and it does massive damage to things like Ferrothorn, Heatran and other Steel types. 120 base Attack and a Life Orb makes Low Kick's (and everything's) power increase massively. Keeping the BlackBelt coverage would be quite nice, so if you are to suggest Swords Dance (something else I am considering) change one of my Ice moves. EVs are simple; you understand them. As I said before with Bisharp, not really much about stuff to replace it or equivalents to it. Maybe Mamoswine? That gets Ice Shard I guess... but that's as close as it gets.

Importable:
    HeraX (Heracross) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Night Slash
    - Stone Edge

Rotom (Rotom-H) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 228 SDef / 32 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Volt Switch
    - Overheat
    - Pain Split

Nidoqueen (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam
    - Roar
    - Thunderbolt

Bell (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Earthquake

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 216 HP / 156 SDef / 136 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Rapid Spin
    - Scald
    - Recover

Weavilewinz (Weavile) (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Ice Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Low Kick
    - Ice Shard

Threat list:
    Still working on it
    [​IMG]Dugtrio-
    [​IMG]Alakazam-
    [​IMG]Gastrodon-
    [​IMG]Celebi-
    [​IMG]Magnezone-
    [​IMG]Quagsire-
    [​IMG]Donphan-
    [​IMG]Jolteon-
    [​IMG]Slowbro-
    [​IMG]Zapdos-
    [​IMG]Abomasnow-
    [​IMG]Latios-
    [​IMG]Conkeldurr-
    [​IMG]Hydreigon-
    [​IMG]Volcarona-
    [​IMG]Terrakion-
    [​IMG]Landorus-
    [​IMG]Chandelure-
    [​IMG]Haxorus-
    [​IMG]Virizion-
    [​IMG]Scrafty-
    [​IMG]Reuniclus-
    [​IMG]Victini-
    [​IMG]Mienshao-
    [​IMG]Darmanitan-
    [​IMG]Keldeo-
    [​IMG]Genesect-
    [​IMG]Tornadus-
    [​IMG]Latias-
    [​IMG]Salamence-
    [​IMG]Cloyster-
    [​IMG]Politoed-
    [​IMG]Venusaur-
    [​IMG]Ninetales-
    [​IMG]Toxicroak-
    [​IMG]Breloom-
    [​IMG]Ditto-
    [​IMG]Scizor-
    [​IMG]Metagross-
    [​IMG]Infernape-
    [​IMG]Heatran-
    [​IMG]Dragonite-
    [​IMG]Jirachi-
    [​IMG]Rotom-W-
    [​IMG]Gyarados-
    [​IMG]Suicune-
    [​IMG]Tyranitar-
    [​IMG]Gliscor-
    [​IMG]Blissey-
    [​IMG]Bronzong-
    [​IMG]Chansey-
    [​IMG]Espeon-
    [​IMG]Ferrothorn-
    [​IMG]Forretress-
    [​IMG]Gorebyss-
    [​IMG]Hippowdon-
    [​IMG]Jellicent-
    [​IMG]Mew-
    [​IMG]Porygon2-
    [​IMG]Skarmory-
    [​IMG]Tentacruel-
    [​IMG]Vaporeon-
    [​IMG]Whimsicott-
    [​IMG]Sableye- [/HIDE]
    And that's it! Please give improvements on it, as I'm currently so close to the 1200 barrier on points but just can't quite reach it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  2. Zoroark

Zoroark Stay Firm Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Impressive team, Kudos Dark Master

3. Nikitas

Nikitas Member

Hi there and a very nice team. Better use Low Kick instead of Brick Break on Weavile, it hits most pokemon harder. i would also throw Fake Out away and replace it with Ice Punch, seeing as it has 81.25% chance to OHKO 4hp/0def Dnite WITH Multiscale active. Pursuit over Night Slash is an option on Weavile too, seeing as you will rarely need it and Pursuit does a number on slightly weakened Ghost-Types (excluding Jellicent who is a slight problem to your team if it gets a free switch in) and is also ideal in beating Torn-T who has taken SR damage (Pursuit will ohko Tornadus-T after SR and x1 LO damage if it tries to switch).
    Overall, I like your choices but Terrakion absolutely wrecks this team (nothing can take three CCs even from Scarf, while non Scarfs will make sure to take something down everytime they switch in and you can only revenge kill non +1 speed with Weav and Cross). Maybe change Nidoking with Nidoqueen and use max HP and Def then go with three coverage moves (id pick tbolt, ep for sure coz you are gyarados weak and the other one is STAB) + Roar. The preferred item is Leftovers but LO could work. You can also run two offensive moves and Roar+SR or 3 moves and SR in order to free up space on Bronzong.
    Change Bisharp to Leftovers and run a defense leaning spread (to not get 2hko by Dnite's band outrage, if possible, i do not know) with 252atk evs and an adamant nature or at least enough evs to 2hko 99% dnite and kill the things you want with Pursuit (always with adamant nature).
    Last but not least, Scarf Keldeo under rain ohkos all your team after SR damage apart from Bronzong who is 2hko. Extremely Fighting, Water weak. In order to fix these you will need big changes, leave a reply here if you want to.

4. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    Ty :D
    Changed this.
    k then, I'll test these.
    Yea, it is a problem sometimes. Bronzong and Nidoking are my best choices against it, but as you point out they can't take repeated beatings.
    Hmm, I like the idea. I don't really see the usefulness of having another more on Bronzong, so I wouldn't need SR. I'll try Queen out for now and see how that goes using 3 attacks and Roar.
    Once again, I'll do this. Thanks for the help.
    Yea... I guess Keldeo would be a bit of a problem, although luckily I haven't seen one in 30+ battles. What kind of "big changes" would you suggest for when I find one?

5. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

Bisharp...no. I often wonder do you have a complex with using standard-but-good sweepers like DDNite. Anyway, first thing is changing Sharp to Rachi. It's a better Bisharp, and it can deal with Keldeo by outspeeding it and KO'ing with Scarf. I would change Weavile to a Tyranitar, it can go Choice or SDef SR. If it's SR then Bronzong seems redundant so I would change it to a TR Reuniclus as your team is quite slow in general. I'd also love to ditch Nido for RP Dorus and Hera to Conk, but now I've changed your whole team...

6. Nikitas

Nikitas Member

Nah, Weav does a very good job in OU, it is actually better in OU than UU due to its amazing typing and movepool, it can trap and/or kill a meriad of offensive powerhouses.
    I'd change Bisharp and go with Pursuit on Weavile instead.
    In place of Bisharp, I'd put something that can deal with most water types and fighting types.
    Two pokemon can be used to patch up your weaknesses: Slowking or Celebi.
    Slowking covers your fighting weakness well, taking on pokemon like Infernape, Conkeldurr and turn them from top threats to moderate ones, while making it easy for you to handle Terrakion with Nidoqueen. He can sponge even Specs Keldeo H Pump under Rain and live to tell the tale (not 2hko after SR damage). Makes your team slightly weaker to Volt-Turn strategies and Breloom. Breloom can be taken care of by Weav tho, who can ohko him with Ice Shard if Loom is below75% (deals 75-89%).
    Celebi is yet another pokemon that just will not die against even the most powerful Water Types attacks. It also counters and checks Sub CM Latias and Sub CM Jirachi until late game with Perish Song while he can sponge even Specs Latios DMeteors, granted it is healthy. Conkeldurr with Ice Punch will wreck your team if you choose Celebi and you become TRULY Sun-Teams and Fire weak. More Volt-Turn weak while Sect is around and less if it is gone, since Scizor is 2hko by HP Fire. Infernape poses a huge threat now while Loom is easier to handle and you dont have to sack/fodder smth.
    Sets:
    Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SDef
    - Psychic
    - Scald
    - Slack Off
    - Thunder Wave/Toxic

Psyshic lets you hit Conk really hard, making him less of a threat even if he carries Flame/Toxic Orb+ 4 Attacks. Scald and Slack Off are mandatory. Twave helps you again offensive teams while Toxic helps more against Balanced teams, your pick. As you can see, Slowking is missing some EVS (42). Feel free to add them to whichever stat (SP.Atk, SP.Def, Def) since they make a truly smal difference. In case it isnt passed through this importable, run 19 SPEED IVS on Slowking in order to be slower even from the slowest of Conkeldurrs.

Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    - Baton Pass/Hidden Power Fire
    - Perish Song
    - Psychic/Giga Drain
    - Recover

BP is there to escape the mindgames with Scizor and Ttar who run both U-Turn and Pursuit, Crunch and Pursuit, respectively. Perish Song makes Celebi able to counter Sub CM and many CM users until late game as well as some Sub ones, most notably Sub CM Rachi and Latias. Psychic ohkos Breloom and is good STAB, alternatively Giga Drain can be used to hit some water types harder but then Breloom hits your team harder. Recover is a no-brainer, enabling you to recover 50% of your Health. HP Fire can be used, like I said before, to 2hko Scizor and break Volt-Turn slightly easier. In case you pick HP Fire, Giga Drain gains a little ground over Psychic coz it hits Tyranitar for decent damage, who now is pretty dangerous with the lack of BP. Breloom now is only 2hko by HP Fire unless below 58% (deals 58-68% to 4/0 Breloom).
    [/HIDE]

Still some weaknesses but most of them have been decently patched up, if you want more changes try those first and then give me ur opinion, then we continue. Btw, I had to write this twice due to a misclick :(.

7. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

Now I'm confused. Is this a UU team in OU, or just a regular UU team? Anyway, on to the rate.
    Rotom H is indeed an amazing wall, but SR will potentially hinder it (a lot). Since you also have Weavile, I strongly suggest that you run a spinner of some sort. Seeing how Bisharp is pretty redundant on this team, I suggest that you replace him with Defensive Starmie! This would help a lot with about every threat Nikitas summed up. That's about it for major changes, here comes a minor one. I suggest that you run a fully offensive Nidoqueen in Nidoking's spot. Even though she's slower (doesn't really matter because Nidoking isn't going to be outspeeding many offensive threats either), and has slightly less power, the difference in bulk really helps. This'll give you a more solid Fighting check, especially combined with Starmie. Hope I helped and good luck!

8. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    ZORO!
    This is a UU team I made to go in OU; I haven't used it yet in UU. Yes, I am seeing SR+Spikes teams to be a bit of an issue here. Thunder Wave Slowbro is working well over Bisharp atm, but I'll try going for Starmie as Spinning would be VERY helpful. And the Nidoqueen set Nikitas doesn't really work for me, so I'll try fully offensive, thanks for that idea. I also haven't yet had the time to try out Celebi, so I'll be using that too. It's getting late so I'll update the above section after testing tomorrow.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
Moderators: Edna, fsk