1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Available] Gen 5 1v1 Ubers Blaziken

Discussion in 'Gen 5 1v1 Analyses' started by KM007, Feb 26, 2013.

1. KM007

KM007 Banned

==General==
    Where to start with this thing. It has a massive massive atk stat. Especially with swords dance. It also gets speed boost. It has a very very strong dual stab. Though HJK is a little inaccurate. It pretty much demolishes a lot. Giratina is pretty tough to beat. But it can't will o wisp Blaziken. Blaziken beats ferrothorn though. It is an all around good psychical attacker.

==Sash==
    Blaziken @ Focus Sash
    Nature : Adamant/Jolly (+Atk - SpA)(+Spd - SpA)
    EV's : 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Def
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Flare Blitz
    -Protect
    -Swords Dance

This set is amazing. It gets to +2 in speed and attack like no one's business. Plus 3 in speed if you play smart. Very strong dual stab. Movescouts. Blocks fake out. Beats a TON. It does have to be wary of protect when hi jump kicking. However once you predict when he will protect you get a free SD. YOu should start out with protect swords dance protect. +3 spd +2 atk. Pretty powerful. Then you basically... win. In most cases.

==Band==
    Blaziken @ Choice Band
    Nature : Adamant (+Atk -SpA)
    EV's : 252 Atk/252 spd/4 hp
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Flare Blitz
    -Hi Jump Kick

Self explanatory. Massive massive attack. After speed boost you outspeed if you didn't before. You can usually survive the first attack. And lots more coverage on this set. Usually beats lugia. Has a shot at beating giratina now.

==Other Options==
    *Special Set I guess...
    *Lum Berry.
    *Blaze Kick if you don't like recoil.

==Checks and Counters==
    Darkrai can be a pain if your'e not running lum berry. Wobbufett wins almost every time. Rayquayza resists your main stabs and dishes out a ton of damage. You can protect stall till he gets confused if he's running outrage. Giratina is just a pain. As is multiscale lugia.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  2. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Badged Deucer

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    I made a Blaziken set which I use in 1v1 ubers to beat Darkrai, the main Pokémon my Lugia struggles with. This is the set
    ==Anti-Status==
    Blaziken @ Lum Berry
    Nature : Adamant (+Atk -SpA)
    EV's : 252 Atk/252 spd/4 hp
    - Rock Slide
    - Protect
    - Flare Blitz
    - Superpower
    I've gone for a high-accuracy, low recoil, not-foiled-by-darkrai, shouldn't-be-outsped-by-much set. It's not my main Pokémon, but it is fairly usable.

3. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Dr. Fuji
    One of Blaziken's biggest niches is its ability to beat Arceus most of the time however it needs a Focus Sash to do so Lum Berry is definitely worth an OO mention however. Blaziken really wants Hi Jump Kick as well it gives it a 93.75% to 1HKO Arceus with no HP investment vs an only 43.75% chance to 1HKO with Superpower you also have no chance to 1HKO 252 HP Arceus with Superpower while Hi Jump Kick gives you a slim 6.25% chance. Also KM007 was banned if you wish you could rewrite this.

4. Disaster Area

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    I don't otherwise use Blaziken much, but after I've written a couple of other analyses I'll come and rewrite these. Thanks for the % chance info, if I rewrite it it would be helpful if you commented again advising changes with those sorts of statistics to back it up. :)

5. Disaster Area

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    Blaziken (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Def / 4 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Night Slash
    - Focus Punch
    - Quick Attack
    Ok this is a set that I came up with to beat Darkrai with as well as Arceus. It is safely countered by choice specs Mewtwo, as well as probably Umbreon.
    The objective is to substitute on the first turn, taking a status move or (with 216 defence EVs, an Band-Arceus E-speed), and substitute. Behind the substitute you can safely fire off at least 1 STAB 100% accurate focus punch. This should OHKO band Arceus and Darkrai. Quick Attack is for sash users. Night slash is for ghosts you may come across (few as they are).
    Due to the nature of the moves and The EV spread (primarily the Atk and Def EVs + the nature) it should be fairly reliable to face those threats (except from an Arceus critical hit).
    The EVs in HP and speed are fairly irrelevant and can be shifted to one's own taste and satisfaction.

6. tsuike

tsuike Member

The issue with this is, it would still get walked all over by prankster pokes, especially sableye, I'd recommend something with foresight and espeed, like lucario for those troll user sets

7. Disaster Area

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    Lucario gets walked over by most of the standard 1v1 ubers Pokémon. Sableye and Whimsicott are reasonably rare in 1v1 ubers too, and don't really deserve a mention. By no means is this perfect, since Mewtwo and Umbreon (both more common than pranksters in this tier) also counter it, as well as the omnipresent Kyogre. But it's a counter to Darkrai and Arceus, so deserves a mention.

8. Disaster Area

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    After some testing, I can confirm it counters Choice Band Arceus, Sash Darkrai, Sash Blazekin, Umbreon.
    Countered by Mewtwo and Kyogre.
    Probably countered by PP-stall Lugia [it doesn't do much damage to it though from testing], as well as any other Lugia forms.
    Probably beaten by Prankster users.
    All in all a reasonably viable Pokémon, though probably not most player's first choice.

9. Disaster Area

PO Trainer Name:
    Disaster Area
    Ho-oh is also a counter - we need an analysis for that too.