1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gen 5 1v1 Jirachi

Discussion in 'Gen 5 1v1 Analyses' started by The Dark Master, Feb 26, 2013.

1. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    ==General==
    *Average stats all round
    *Many resistances
    *Very good ability and many moves that benefit from it

==Choice Scarf==
    Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly/Adamant Nature (+Spd/Atk, -SAtk)
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Zen Headbutt/Trick/ThunderPunch/Drain Punch

*Can flinch the opponent multiple consecutive times with its main STAB move.
    *Fire Punch hits Steel types that resist Iron Head.
    *Ice Punch is for Garchomp and other Ground types.
    *Zen Headbutt is another STAB flinching move, however is inaccurate.
    *Trick is for opponents with defensive Pokémon such as Sableye, Whimsicott and Shuckle.
    *ThunderPunch hits Water types such as Keldeo and Suicune
    *Drain Punch is for Dark types and heals you, however has poor coverage with other moves and does not have a secondary effect.

==ParaFlinch==
    Jirachi @ Air Balloon
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Thunder Wave/Body Slam
    - Ice Punch
    - Fire Punch
    - Iron Head

*A more defensive set to the previous one which takes advantage of Jirachi's decent defenses.
    *Body Slam has a 60% chance of paralysing the target, making them move last if they don't have priority (most of the time) and sometimes preventing them moving.
    *Thunder Wave has a 100% chance of paralysis, but doesn't break Focus Sashes. It hits Ghost types, but not Ground types.
    *Iron Head has a 70% chance of stopping the opponent moving if they are paralysed, which is more than the 60% chance with a Scarf.
    *Ice Punch hits Garchomp and other Ground types super effectively, possibly KOing of freezing them when they break your Air Balloon on the first hit.
    *Fire Punch is for Steels such as Genesect and Scizor.

==Other Options==
    *King's Rock can be used to increase flinch chance by an extra 20%, however the other items are generally more useful.
    -
    ==Checks & Counters==
    *Blaziken and Garchomp can outspeed and KO with Flare Blitz or Earthquake.
    *Water and Fire types such as Keldeo, Suicune and Arcanine can take most hits, unless Jirachi has Zen Heatbutt against Keldeo.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  2. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Dr. Fuji
    Beat me to it... I was half way through writing this... On the first set I wouldn't slash trick first there are few walls in 1v1 and while it has use I don't think it's the best move. Slash Adamant for the nature on the Choice Scarf set opposing Choice Scarf users are rare and you won't miss the speed too much. I don't know about giving jirachi the second set it's mostly outclassed by Togekiss which can spam roost it does work though not sure about the specially defensive nature you aren't seeing many Specs Latios or Tornadus-T in 1v1 maybe try something like.

Jirachi @ Air Balloon
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Thunder Wave/Body Slam
    - Ice Punch
    - Fire Punch
    - Iron Head

3. KM007

KM007 Banned

Second set needs Thunder Wave/Body Slam
    I always use thunder wave over body slam. What is 4% dmg compared to 40% less chance of para? Especially against a lefties mon. Now I see where your'e coming from if the opponent is sashed. But your moves usualy can't OHKO anyways. HOWEVER, I do understand that you want to paralyze ground types. But they always win with a STAB attack if body slam fails.

4. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Dr. Fuji
    The second set has Body Slam...

5. KM007

KM007 Banned

Was T-Wave before....

He edited it I think. Still has the footnote for body slam and OO has nothing now.

Also Kings Rock is viable in OO.

6. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Dr. Fuji
    He did not edit it if he had edited it, it would say something like "Last edited by Mewthree; February 27th, 2013 at 10:06. " at the bottom of the post. I also can remember Body Slam always being there.

7. KM007

KM007 Banned

Weird... My eyes are playing tricks on me.