1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutee Applications - Round 4

Discussion in 'PO Academy' started by Royalty, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royalty

Royalty Stay Trippy

Fill out this form if you wish to apply to be tutored. Be sure to read the Mission Statement and Guidelines thread beforehand so that you know exactly what you're signing up for.

Forum username: Your forum username.
    Most prominent server names: Aliases you often use on the server.
    What you want to learn: Tier(s) and specific skills you would like to learn.
    About me: Some information about you and why want to be tutored. Good things to list would be ladder peaks, general skill level, and other length of time involved with competitive Pokémon. Feel free to include other "real life" things so that you may be paired up with a more suitable tutor.
    Time Zone: Should be in GMT. If you don't know Google it.

Tutees will be assigned to tutors based on a first come first serve basis taking into account availability with the tutors. There is no guarantee that everyone is going to get a tutor but there are always future rounds.

You can find approved tutors Here.

Sign-ups will be open until March 14th 2013.

2. Madrigal

Madrigal Ignore this person

Forum username: This is still here?
    Most prominent server names: Chastin, Madrigal, Flamir
    What you want to learn: Wifi Ubers or Wifi UU. Teambuilding and... Does prediction count?
    About me: I like anime, manga, and Fire Emblem. On the server, I spend a lot of my time on mafia. I enjoy food, namely Japanese food like ramen and sushi. I dislike coconut.
    Time Zone: GMT -8

3. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

Forum username: <-
    Most prominent server names: Aurist, A Cat IRL
    What you want to learn: HGSS(DPP) and/or ADV tiers - any
    About me: I have been johned on being tutored for the last 2 rounds and if it happens again im going to kill everyone. Im cool and nice. Any kind of tutoring on how to deal better with non Wifi Clause would help a lot.
    Time Zone: GMT+0

4. AceCreator

AceCreator New Member

Forum username: <---
    Most prominent server names: Acecreator
    What you want to learn: Team- Building, Predictions, Wifi OU,UU
    About me: I like to play pokemon competitively but im not as good as I want to be. I really want to get better so that is why i want to be tutored. I'm trying to finish my senior year in high school so I might not be able to be on PO as much as I want to.
    Time Zone: Eastern

5. Nainil

Nainil The International of PO

Forum username: Nainil
    Most prominent server names: Nainil
    What you want to learn: I would like to learn the Wifi NU and Wifi Ubers tiers, and prediction as well as teambuilding skills wouldn't go amok either.
    About me: I'm a Mafia Admin, Trivia Admin and Challenge Cup Gym Leader on the PO Server. I've been playing Pokemon for ages, at least from high school junior year as far as I can remember. I love Challenge Cup, and it was why I was attracted to PO in the first place. Since then I have gotten quite skilled in the tier, and therefore, was chosen as a Gym Leader for two PO League seasons in a row. I usually stick to Wifi OU, and even there I have only gone as high as 1396 on the ladder, with a terrible easily beatable team. I'd like to learn other tiers to broaden my scope with competitive battling. Even though I know movesets and stuff, it's not really enough in the higher parts of the ladder, and especially other tiers. In real life, I am an international sophomore college student living in Maryland, USA at the moment. I am originally Indian, but I live in the glorious city of Hong Kong. I love food in general, and video gaming as well. I spend a LOT of my time on Steam and on League of Legends (I really should study).
    Time Zone: GMT -5, which is US Eastern time.

6. Pikachu-Fan

Pikachu-Fan New Member

Forum username : (Obviously this one, lol)
    Most prominent server names : Pikachu-Fan
    What do you want to learn : I would want to learn about Anti-meta teams, how to build it, and Wifi OU.
    About me : I am mostly a competitive battler who like's to build standard, HO, and gimmick teams.
    Time zone : GMT +8

P.S. : I must be the unluckiest tutee because of my time zone.

7. FrontierDarkness

FrontierDarkness Da' Hell?

PO Trainer Name:
    FrontierDarkness
    Forum username: FrontierD....
    Most prominent server names: FrontierD
    What you want to learn: UU,Teambuilding skills and the Metagame
    About me: I've been playing on PO for exactly 1 year and have been pretty experienced in the basic wifi tiers but UU is another story I have built over 20 UU teams and they all have failed because I don't know much about the metagame so I have a pretty big temper when haxed because well I'm quick tempered so that's all about me I guess
    Time Zone: Should be in GMT. GMT +8

8. kelpo

kelpo Banned

Forum username: raigeki break !
    Most prominent server names: some variation of raigeki break
    What you want to learn: teambuilding for ou
    About me: been playin po since like late feb/early march 2012 and i can play ou really well, but my teambuilding skill isnt exactly what id call good, my peak is somewhere near top 100 (1474 iirc) and ive hit 1400 about 6 times. i feel i could ladder a lot higher/win more tours if i could build half decent teams lol. ive been playing competitive mons since very late dp (like a month before gen 5 came out)
    Time Zone: gmt +0 usually on po anytime from 4pm to 10pm on weekdays and 9am to 11pm on the weekends

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  9. Kumiho

Kumiho Silhouettes

PO Trainer Name:
    Kumiho
    Forum Username: Chromium
    Most prominent server names: Chromium
    What you want to learn: DPP OU (HGSS OU)
    About me: I've been on PO for about a year and a half. I know nothing at all about DPP OU/HGSS OU. I probably need someone willing to be patient with a beginner. I don't really battle anymore in any BW tiers, and I am trying to learn the older gens.
    Timezone: GMT -5 (Eastern Standard Time)

10. Big Bad Booty Daddy

Big Bad Booty Daddy Big Poppa Pump

PO Trainer Name:
    -
    Form Username:CasedVictory
    Most prominent server names: CasedVictory, Cased____ <--- insert whatever there.
    What do I want to learn: I would love to learn, BW2 Wifi UU, LU, or ADV OU, just pair me w\ whichever makes the tutoring better\easier to manage
    About me: I've been on PO for a while now, I play mostly NU and was a POCL All-Star for the NU tier, going 4-0 with wins over a current and ex tier leaders. I feel like I'm able to learn fairly quickly from how I've adapted to certain tiers. I've peaked #1 on the NU ladder a lot during Bw1 and a bit during Bw2, I don't ladder too much, usually only to test teams.
    Timezone: GMT-5, (Eastern Standard Time) NYC 4 life

11. JayJay21

JayJay21 New Member

Forum username: JayJay21
    Server names: JayJay21,DarkRain, and Regretless
    What you want to learn: Wifi Ou. I wish to learn how to predict and team build better.
    About me: I am 17 years old. I play a lot of sports. For music i enjoy metal and rock and i've been playing for almost a year but i haven't been improving that much, so thats why i want a tutor and wish i could improve. I was tutor round 4 by Treekco, however he disappeared and i only got to be tutored for 2 sessions so i wish to be tutored again. In round 4 my tutor didn't teach me anything and the progress that we made was an incomplete team for the whole month. I asked him if he could teach me but he said he was busy or later every time.
    Time Zone: UTC/GMT -5 hours plus I'm online a lot so timezone doesn't matter

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  12. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic It's no use!

Forum username: Metal Sonic
    Server names: Metal Sonic
    What you want to learn: Wifi LU or Wifi NU
    About me: I am a UU player, and have peaked #7 on the ladder before a few months ago. I reached Round 5 in OST9 but lost to an eventually death path towards the current finalist gr8astard, who has played in the POWC. I hope to learn Wifi LU or NU(so I can continue my training last session) from one of these tutors so that I can be a better players in more tiers!
    Meeps has agreed to tutor me in Wifi LU
    Time Zone: GMT+8

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  13. Virizion

Virizion ~ Taste the Rainbow ~

PO Trainer Name:
    Virizion
    Forum username: [Eon]Virizion.
    Most prominent server names: [Eon]Virizion, FirstWorldProblems.
    What I want to learn: Wifi Ubers
    About me: I joined PO back in August 2010 (31/08/2010) and I've been a bigger PokeNerd ever since. I was a part-time moderator of the over-rated [Eon] clan, however we departed since then, and the clan turned to more of a community (Umbreon's still the leader, etc.). I actually was one of the best battlers in Wifi Ubers when the ladder came famous ages ago, however I only updated the team once, got to 1300, got terrible decay and bad hax/play got me down to 1060; so I need help to get back up.
    Time Zone: GMT +0 (I believe).

14. ZoroDark

ZoroDark i know everything

Forum Username: Not ZoroDark
    Most prominent server names: ZoroDark
    What I want to learn: HGSS, Adv
    About me: I joined PO X-mas 2011. This meant I missed the competitive battle scene of older generations. Ever since, I've grown decent in every gen 5 tier, mainly Wifi OU. I reached the 6th round of ST9, where the tiebreaker came down to a double protect on the last turn. As part of the Spartak Stunfisks, I went 3-2 in Wifi OU. I peaked the ladder too, for what that's worth. Same thing goes for the Wifi Ubers ladder. I am a tutor of those 2 tiers myself this round. Sadly, I do not know anything about the metagame, nor the teambuilding strategies in the older generations, and I'm eager to learn about it.
    Time zone: GMT -6

15. Navz

Navz $

Forum username: Navz
    Most prominent server names: Navz, Paradise
    What you want to learn: Wifi OU(!) and Wifi NU
    About me: I joined PO around July 2012, never really got into battling because I was pretty horrendous at it, got more into the game around early January of this year, and have been slowly improving ever since. I mostly play the lower tiers, so I am very unfamiliar with the OU metagame, having played only 15~ matches, around 1200 points now. NU, on the other hand, is something I'm decent at, having peaked at 1260, and won a couple of server tours. Other tiers I play include UU and Monotype, the former better than the latter. I'm a quick learner and not too hard to get along with, so tutoring me won't be too tedious.
    Time Zone: GMT +5:30 But I'm online a lot, so scheduling shouldn't be a problem

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  16. Jibca

Jibca New Member

Forum username: Jibca
    Most prominent server names: Jibca
    What you want to learn: Wifi OU, teambuilding and what to do with predictions.
    About me: I joined PO around September 2012, I like battling occasionally, but I find I'm not really too great at it. I am a very competitive person, so being not good at something is almost physically painful to me. As a little side-note, nearly every team I make involves Breloom cause that is easily my favorite poke, so naturally I play a ton of OU. I normally find that I predict right, but I don't know what to do with the predictions.
    Time Zone: GMT-6:00

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  17. TripleRhu

TripleRhu

Forum username
    Most prominent server names: Xclus|triplerhu, Corazon Azul, Sakuya. and more
    What you want to learn: Wifi UU teambuilding
    About me: Hi. I'm a bad teambuilder, and I'd like to help some help with that in the tier. I have stolen good teams to get some high peaks, so you don't need to teach me how to predict.
    Time Zone: GMT +8

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  18. Angel Flonne

Angel Flonne macaron

PO Trainer Name:
    Angel Flonne
    Forum username: Angel Flonne
    Most prominent server names: Angel Flonne
    What you want to learn: Teambuilding, cores, anti metagames, gimmicks in OU, UU and NU.
    About me: I'm known for being one of the worst team builders ever, so I just steal or make shitty teams that I am proud of, but they always fail. I love antimetagame and gimmicks, and I also like Pokemon that are rarely used, especially in NU. Oh yeah, I over predict most of the time.
    Time Zone: GMT+8

19. MewtwoHidden

MewtwoHidden My Hax Makes Me Famous

PO Trainer Name:
    MewtwoHidden
    Forum username: MewtwoMaster
    Most prominent server names: MewtwoHidden
    What you want to learn: I'm a total Noob at OU and Ubers so that'd be a start Mostly Teambuilding, Cores, and how to play a Team to the best of its potential
    About me: I tend to use unorthodox sets so As a result I have a peak of 1239 in OU and in Ubers 1198
    Time Zone: GMT -6

ZoroDark has agreed to tutor me in Gen 5 OU and Gen 5 Ubers

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  20. noname4505

noname4505 Member

Forum username: noname4505
    Most prominent server names: I'm noname, Black&YellowSketch (haven't used this one in a while, but I've accomplished the most with this alt)
    What you want to learn: Teambuilding, Wifi OU, HGSS OU, ADV OU (whatever is best for teambuilders)
    About me: I think I'm a fairly decent player, but I struggle with team building and usually end up stealing teams if I feel like laddering decently high. 5th gen OU is the tier that I play the most by far, though I want to learn more about HGSS and ADV OU, especially teambuilding in these tiers where I can't just spam threat after threat and have a B minus team. I've laddered to around 1350 a couple of times, but laziness and bad luck usually keep me from getting any higher. The only notable player that I can think of that I've I can recall that I've beaten is Fabian (don't remember how much hax there was, but considering that I'm a C minus player there probably was).
    Time Zone: GMT-5

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  21. Phobc

Phobc New Member

Forum username: Phobc
    Most prominent server names: #FuhKit #Kaztro
    What you want to learn: OU, Predictions, Team Building skills
    About me: Im new to pokemon competitive and would really like to learn how to become better at it. It is very fun and I would just like to get better.
    Time Zone: GMT-8

22. Msyu

Msyu You don't qualify.

Forum username: Msyu
    Most prominent server names: Msyu
    What you want to learn: Wifi Ubers, Wifi OU, Wifi UU, Wifi NU, Monotype - TeamBuilding (Finding team members that synergize well against the metagame) - preferably Hyper Offensive.
    About me: I am an avid Trick Room user, and apply it to almost all my teams which has worked well for me competitively. I've had ladder peaks slightly above 1500 in Ubers, around 1490 in OU, and never breeching 1350 in UU and NU (Heck, ladder at the 1200s gives me problems due to the diminishing flexibility). Unfortunately, I'm quite clueless outside Trick Room, and would like to learn other Hyper Offensive variants - especially in TeamBuilding since my performance with most borrowed or gimmick teams seem to be decent once I grasp the difference functions and responses to opposing threats already tailored to fit the metagame. The problem is I can't build an effective team from scratch if it's not revolving around Trick Room usage. I know that I'd really enjoy having a mentor in a particular tier or playstyle for the time he or she is willing to spend with me to improve my skills.
    Time Zone: GMT - 7

23. nongski

nongski New Member

nvm

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  24. Kosuke

Kosuke New Member

Forum username: Kosuke
    Most prominent server names: Kosuke, same thing
    What you want to learn: Basic teambuilding and strategies in OU
    About me: I live in Japan, but I speak English like my native language. I'm not that good, but I love building teams. My peak is about 1100 i think. I'm a student at the age of 14. I started playing competitively about half an year ago, and I've been hooked on it ever since because of the strategy and prediction element. I usually am at school from 8 to 5 (Local Time), but after 5 or 6 I am usually free.
    Time Zone: +9:00 GMT

25. Mystikal

Mystikal Can't spell

Forum username: N/A
    Most prominent server names: [Hero]Mystikal, Mystikal, [Masters]Mystikal
    What you want to learn: Cores, Teambuilding in Wifi UU
    About me: I started out my "PO career" playing UU, but I only reached 1270 before this nice deathstreak :( I don't know how to get back up, and I'm getting worse and worse. I'm 14 years atm, and I like playing defensively (Blastoise <3). O, and got a peak of 1200 in LC, if that matters (Not my team tho).
    Time zone: +1 GMT.

26. Black Valor

Black Valor Do you even jew pong?

Black Valor
    Forum User Name:
    Black Valor
    Prominent Server Names: Xclus|Black Valor, m.A.A.d city
    What I Want to Learn: HGSS, mostly OU and UU
    About Me: I started about4 years ago on smogon in gen 4 long before HGSS came out. I'm completely self taught. I have some strength in predictions and a lot of knowledge of the game and strategies which imo is usually what carries me through matches and not my skill. Really want to refine my mind and become ALOT more consistent. I have a sweet tooth for stall and hail. I have peaked BW1 wifi OU at 1578.
    Time Zone: Pacific. I think that is -8GMT

27. snoozebutton

snoozebutton New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    snoozebutton
    Forum username: snoozebutton
    Most prominent server names: snoozebutton, ferris, snoozebutton11, Pj

What you want to learn: OU, team building, strategies,

About me: i've played pokemon my whole life and know a lot about pokemon but im really new to competetive battling and really really want to take my game to the next level and could really use the help i'll work hard and i really want to to learn!!

Time Zone: i think its GMT is -7 (mountain time, usa)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  28. MasterVash

MasterVash New Member

Worth a try...

Forum username: MasterVash

Most prominent server names: MasterVash, Asura United, Earthquake Spiral, Hammerstein

What you want to learn: Learning how to build something besides balanced offense and semi-stall, getting re-acquainted with UU, and learning NU.

About me: I've been into competitive Pokemon off and on for five or six years now, since early DPP. I've seen a lot of metagame shifts and I've followed them pretty closely. I've never managed to be successful with offense and hyper offense teams though. I have problems teambuilding around offense since my brain always goes into "I need a counter for this and that and those" mode and I end up with 3-4 walls. I'm not sure how to synergize with an offense-oriented team and I'm never sure how to take strong attacks with a team of Pokes without good defenses. It's a pretty big style of play though, and I do want to learn it.

The only ladder peak I have "proof" of is my #10 LU peak, but I have gotten higher than 100 a few times in UU and LU.

Time Zone: GMT -6 (CST)

29. KingPain

KingPain New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Reginol
    Forum username: Reginol
    Most prominent server names: Pokemon Online
    What you want to learn: Wifi ( Ou Nu Lu UU)
    About me: I have been playing Pokemon for years. I want to play Pokemon and come out as a pro. I tr proving that I am a pro by doing the battle train and I came out as 120-1. I try attempting to break m score but I am somehow failing than ever. I seem to lose my reputation. I need a tutor to refresh my memories

30. Scene

Scene reverie

Forum username- Sci

Prominent server names- Scizor, I

What you want to learn- Wifi UU, Teambuilding & Cores

About me- I'm on fairly regularly, I have semi-reasonable peaks as you can see from my sig. I have never really played UU beyond 1100 and have about 15 battles in tours/ladder total. Would like to try it out! I'm a good listener and all that stuff.

Timezone- GMT :]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  31. Zoroark

Zoroark Stay Firm Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Let's give this a try then.

Forum username: SkyPhoenix

Most prominent server names: SkyPhoenix, Ace Hawk.

What you want to learn: The art of "Prediction". How to make good balanced teams. How to counter stall and semi stall teams. (LU tier) Just for the record.

About me: I've been playing pokemon for a long time and have learned a lot about competitive battling. I often make original sets for my pokemon so I can let my creativity "bloom out". Even so, I've got many problems in terms of prediction, I tend to do misplays, I always want to make a team that can cover each other's weaknesses but it sometimes becomes complicated. Stall is also one of my weaknesses.
    I've only got barely 1206 points in LU (Not such good ranking). And I'm willing to learn more so I can ladder faster.

Time Zone: GMT -6

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  32. Mikey110802

Mikey110802 New Member

Forum username:Mikey110802
    Most prominent server names: Mikey
    What you want to learn: Wifi OU, battling skills in general
    About me: I've been playing pokemon a lot lately, and I want to get better. I am a intermediate battler, and with some pretty good teams if played properly. Hopefully after being tutored, I can help tutor others.
    Time Zone: GMT -5 Easter Central Time.

33. Fate Testarossa

Fate Testarossa Unbreakable Bond

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Forum username: EljayQuiz
    Most prominent server names: Espy
    What you want to learn: Teambuilding, predictions, mainly Random Battle, VGC 2013, Wifi LC, Wifi LU (but open to any and all tiers)
    About me: I never actually started playing pokemon competitively until I joined PO about 5 months ago. There are times where it looks like I might know what I'm doing and times where you'd wonder why I even play the game. I tour very often and would like to get into all the tiers for the sake of versatility (and why not). I recently became MU and I can't think of anything else to say. :L I'd just really appreciate being tutored.
    Time Zone: GMT -5 (EST)

34. jinwhite

jinwhite New Member

Forum username: jinwhite
    Most prominent server names: jinwhite
    What you want to learn: Wifi OU teambuilding
    About me: I'm a dude and I like to play pokemon. I still feel pretty sucky at competitive play but I want to train and gain some serious skills. I've been playing for maybe a year or two. I was tutored last round by Treecko, and he gave me lots of good advice. I need more practice team building, and would like to dedicate more time with a tutor doing just that.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  35. Zac Flare

Zac Flare Member

Forum Username: Zac Flare

Most prominent server names: Cold Fusion, Alpha Trucker

What you want to learn: Wifi nu and lu teambuildin

About me: I'm a weird dude who just goes crazy at times over small things but than can realise i am wrong and apoligze. I am very interested at pokemon and usually battle in the wifi ou tier so I have decided to try something new and try wifi nu and or lu.Most importantly I want to get better at battling and predicted etc. At battling I'd say im not a pro but then again not a noob, my highest peak was 1390 in wifi ou with a sun team. As for nu and lu I have gotten 1200 before, hoping t o increase that to become better.

Timezone: GMT-5

36. Inhumane

Inhumane Humanity

PO Trainer Name:
    Inhumane
    Forum username: Inhumane
    Most prominent server names: Key to Humanity > Inhumane (rarely KtH the Challenger)
    What you want to learn: UU (Photoshop) and OU (Finch or Nikitas), Teambuilding, Metagame, and How to "read" your opposition.
    About me: I am like a sheep, I follow what to do (majority of the time), but at time I like to add in my 2cents. If what I say will hurt the team, I often notice (give me a second or two). I'm an 8th grader, so at times I can be irritable, bothersome, lazy, or just in the mood where messing up makes me WANT to quit (not often). Only started playing for ranks and peaks this year, but I've been playing Pokemon since LeafGreen. So, the perfect tutor for me would be one with patience, because Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither are MY good teams. Lol, Cheers.

37. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

Forum username: TheSexiOne

Prominent server usernames: TSO, Personicodos, etc.

What I want to learn: Wifi LU and HGSS OU/DPP OU. Don't care who does it.

About me: haaay I'm TSO. Been here about a year and a half, messed around in general. Never broke 1510 and want to. Also I have tendencies to conserve rank and stop laddering when I hit 1300 :[

Timezone: GMT +0

38. Jawzy

Jawzy Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Main: DaPhantomBreek
    Forum username: Jawzy

Most prominent server names: DaPhantomBreek

What you want to learn: Wifi OU, analyzing teams, predictions, team-building skills, basic terminology, and maybe a bit of UU thrown in?

About me: I am for lack of a better word a complete noob with online gameplay. This I believe as of this post is the end of my first week on PO so yeah... Anyways, most of the games I play are hoped upon a somewhat pre-made teams and sheer luck.. So any tutor with any amount of help given would be highly appreciated.

Zone: GMT -6

39. -Shane-

-Shane- New Member

Forum username: -Shane-
    Most prominent server names: -Shane-
    What you want to learn: WiFi UU. I've never really tried WiFi UU before, and I would like to learn something completely new
    About me: I'd like to be tutored in team building, predictions, and general tactics. At my peak (iirc) I got to about 1100 on the WiFi OU ladder. Some real life stuff: Generally pretty motivated to do well, pretty laid back.
    Time Zone: GMT -6:00 (CST)

40. DSM01

DSM01 Jammin' out

Most prominent server names: DSM01, st☆rgazer, wormaDAYUM
    What you want to learn: LU
    About me: Got bored with other tiers, want to learn LU. Top 5 ladder in DW OU and DW Ubers (when they were popular/competitive), Wifi UU, and Wifi Ubers. I could easily do well on the LU ladder on my own, but the ladder is so weak that it's not a good indicator of skill or tier competency. In short, I want to learn more about LU than the ladder can teach me. I'm most comfortable playing balance/bulky offense and ideally my tutor would be, too.
    Time Zone: GMT -7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.