1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2 Monotype] Kyurem-B is KING (RANK 2 cuz rank1 toooo far)

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by evilbobby, Mar 8, 2013.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. evilbobby

evilbobby New Member

KYUREM - B is KING

At first look

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hello battlers, this is xprot/xpro here. This is my first PO RMT and I am bringing you one of my fastest laddering monotype team (RANK 2). Since latios/latias got unbanned in Monotype, I wanted to take this chance to try them out. In my opinion, with the unbanning of the latis makes monodragon super powerful even though they are included in the restriction zone. The 110 based speed that they bring to the tier is everything monodragon needs. So without further bs, let's get on with this team. Playing with this team is relatively simple, just have a mindset of DESTROY EVERYTHING.

[​IMG]
    Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - U-turn
    - Outrage
    Since I picked Kyurem-B and Latios as the two dragons I wanted to include in this team, Flygon is the only viable choice scarfer left. It can scout with U-turn and can at least speed-tie with other popular scarfers such as Jirachi, Salamence, and Staraptor. Usually, if I see I can kill my oponent's lead or do a huge chunk, I will go for it instead of using U-turn. Destruction can start at turn 1. Earthquake and Outrage are stabs. I picked Stone Edge over Fire Punch because it can OHKO Volcarona (its personal, I just don't like Volcarona).

[​IMG]
    Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sniper
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    Another King on the team. Kingdra is a must on every monodragon team. It is one of those dragons that can withstand Ice attacks. Kingdra is my go-to if I need to sac something or soften up/clean up my opponent. Hidden Power Fire for Steel teams, sometimes Kingdra can sweep a whole Monosteel team on its own. Surf as a stab and hit the Heatran that comes in to take the hp fire. Surf over HydroPump for the 100% accuracy (80% is like 50% for me). Dragon Pulse over Draco for consistency and 100% accuracy. Ice beam is for coverage. I went for the ability Sniper because if somehow I get a crit, it can OHKO anything, L0L

[​IMG]
    Kyurem-B @ Choice Band
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Outrage
    - Sleep Talk
    Kyurem-B is the superstar of this team. With 723 attack, Outrage is the only move it needs to destroy everything. The only things that don't get OHKO are some steel and dedicated physical walls. Everything get 2HKO unless they are steel physical behemoth such as skarmory. Sleep Talk is just there for Spore users such as Smeargle and Breloom. Sometimes Kyurem-B is also the tank, taking hits like Ice Shard. It is also fast enough to outspeed jolly Mamoswine (a big threat).

[​IMG]
    Haxorus (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Taunt
    Haxorus earned a spot on this team for packing the second strongest Outrage. Haxorus is usually my endgame sweeper (if it ever gets there). After a DD in lategame, it's usually gg, its Outrage is only slightly weaker than the Kyurem-B's. Taunt is for pokes that try to spread status and pp stall. Mold breaker with Earthquake wrecks poke that have levitate. Lum berry is just a backup, I really dont want Haxorus to have any status, plus, it can cure the confusion from Outrage.

[​IMG]
    Druddigon (M) @ Rocky Helmet
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    - Sucker Punch
    - Outrage
    - Glare
    - Stealth Rock
    Druddigon is the only poke on my team that carry a priority. With + Atk nature and max attack, it does pretty good damage. Stealth Rock for wearing down my opponent's team a bit and glare is just there to give my other dragon an easier time to sweep. Usually, if revengekill something, then set up rock and use glare on the incoming pokemon, it is a job well done already.

[​IMG]
    Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Trick
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Draco Meteor
    If it isn't for the enormous obliterating power of Kyurem-B, this team would definitely named after Latios. With a choice scarf and 110 base speeds, it outspeeds 99% of all other scarfers including the musketeers, which would normally give trouble to dragon teams before latios/latias got unbanned. Latios would normally come in late game to clean up, or trick a scarf to a stally poke. HP fire over surf because monosteel is still the most annoying type for monodragon. ​

Threats:
    stall teams: there isn't many stally team in monotype, but I've came by a few good ones. If somehow they have toxic spikes and some very stally pokes. they can just win the game from the poison damage racking up.
    MAMOSWINE + ss cloyster packing ice shard- if somehow Kyurem-B goes down and most of my pokes are not full hp, one of these pokes can sweep through the whole team easily (if the mamoswin has life orb/choiceband)

Conclusion: Basically, having the knowledge that monotype is a very offensive tier. This team is built to counter the offensive style by being MORE offensive.

I know this team is not perfect, so please leave some commends/improvements !!! THANK YOU.

Oh, I almost forgot, here's the importable so you guys can steal and get rank 1 :D
    Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - U-turn
    - Outrage

Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sniper
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam

Kyurem-B @ Choice Band
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spd
    - Outrage
    - Sleep Talk

Haxorus (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Taunt

Druddigon (M) @ Rocky Helmet
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
    - Sucker Punch
    - Outrage
    - Glare
    - Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Trick
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Draco Meteor

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  2. Msyu

Msyu You don't qualify.

Not too surprising that this team would peak #2 - MonoDragon teams just became that much more viable with the recent inclusion of Latios, introducing a new Speed tier for Dragons on its own. Furthermore, this team is similar to Michael's DragDrag > DragMag in more ways than one. With the sheer power and unresisted typing (bar Steel-types) of Dragon attacks, I can definitely see this this team overcoming any team other than MonoSteel with Skarmory and Heatran cores. Given their prevalence, I was a bit doubtful how well MonoDragon would actually ladder, but you've clearly proven otherwise. Congrats!

3. GameAndWatch

GameAndWatch Flat is the new swag

nice team. its really balanced and has checks to common dragon threats like skarmory or heatran. i cant think of any improvments since this team is so offensive. you wont have to predict much because it will just be dmeteor/outrage spam.

4. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Dr. Fuji
    I have a feeling you'll be wishing you have Fusion Bolt on Kyurem-B when you're facing Mono-Steel you may wish to try Rain Dance on Kingdra certainly makes mono-fires more easy and can remove hail from mono ice teams however I understand why you like having HP Fire for hitting Ferrothorn and Abomasnow.

5. KM007

KM007 Banned

6. .Rawr!

.Rawr! c(°3°)כ

PO Trainer Name:
    Day Healer
  7. evilbobby

evilbobby New Member

those 2 above comments, soooo useful, i appreciate criticisms, but not shitty comments from two of u assholes, troll my thread more and i tell a mod to lock both of you.
    just cuz he and I have similiar movesets/pokes dont mean i copypaste from his

@mewthree- ye i had fusion bolt as a move before, but in those matches where kyurem b is spored, the chances of getting fusion bolt also means the difference of kyurem-b not getting KOs.
    rain dance on kingdra =/ i am going to lose coverage, but i am going to try it, what move do u recommend me to take out? maybe dragon pulse?

8. KM007

KM007 Banned

I was just pointing out that you stole 3 sets from michaels team you don't have to cuss me out. Also I am not trolling and you really want mod to lock your thread or to ban me? Also a mod probably wouldn't listen yo you.

9. Michael

Michael Lance Dragon Master

It's ok only one set was copied.

Anyway solid team, dragon sure got a buff with the unbanning of [email protected] Rain dance on Kingdra will be very useful, especially against Ice teams. HP Fire is really cool actually since the fire/ water coverage wrecks steel. Keep that, get rid of Ice Beam.

Put fusion bolt on Kyurem because since it is monotype, you know if they have a Skarmory or not. There's no steel/Ground type and so you can use that, just watch out for Ferrothorn. Perhaps change the nature to Naughty and give it HP fire.

The rest of the team looks good.

Come on guys it's dragon-spam of course it will look similar to my dragon spam haha

10. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Dr. Fuji
    Steelix/Excadrill say hi. Seconding that Ice Beam should be the move to go on Kingdra just be sure not to use Rain Dance until after you hit Ferro/Aboma with HP Fire.

11. evilbobby

evilbobby New Member

@KM007 stealing sets? just cuz the kyurem-b set is same, doesnt mean i stole it from him, and alot of the other sets are standard smogon sets

@michael, when vs monosteel, kyurem isnt the main player, its mostly, latios + kingdra, these 2 can outspeed everything and have excellent coverage, the only thing they cant outspeed is scarf genesect

@mewthree getting rid of icebeam i lose coverage on stuff like grass, flying, etc, if i get rid of dragon pulse, i only lose coverage... but dragon pulse is stab. so idk ... :(

12. Bueno Son Los Burros

Bueno Son Los Burros . 3.

Nice team! All i would recommend is Garchomp over Dudriggon, but not only do you miss priority but you lose that originality of Duddri </3
    Garchimo (Garchomp) (M) @ Focus Sash
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - Stealth Rock[/HIDE]
    Also i would suggest running a standard Rain Dance Kingdra with Draco/Dragon P/Hydro and RD. It does wonders.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  13. meeps

meeps Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    meeps
    Monotype has a restriction to having two of certain powerful dragons, such as Garchomp, salamence, etc

And Dragon spam is the best, as shown by this team and Michael/my dragon spam in OU

14. Bueno Son Los Burros

Bueno Son Los Burros . 3.

Oh well, didnt know that.

15. Dr. Fuji

Dr. Fuji Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Dr. Fuji
    HP Fire hits Grass while rain boosted water attacks hit Flying Types harder then Ice Beam I don't think you'll miss it too much.

Moderators: Edna, fsk