1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Approved Battles To Be Narrated/Edited

Discussion in 'YouTube Channel' started by Kyrk, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    I made a new approved battles thread since the last one is filled with useless audio/video files and links. Be sure to check this thread regularly if you're looking for an opportunity to narrate and/or edit battles.

We need anyone who can narrate and/or edit the following battles below for the POSimulator channel:

POSimulator Battles:

Tournament Battles:

Pokemon-Online Youtube Tournament Finals

CyberOdin vs Swag - Battle 1

Narrator(s) -
    Narration -
    Editor(s) -
    Video Link -
    CyberOdin vs Swag - Battle 2

Narrator(s) -
    Narration -
    Editor(s) -
    Video Link -

Pokemon-Online Youtube Tournament Finals

[K-12] The Madchine vs MrLumber - Battle 1

Narrator(s) - Mutalisk
    Narration -
    Editor(s) -
    Video Link -

[K-12] The Madchine vs MrLumber - Battle 2

Narrator(s) - Mutalisk
    Narration -
    Editor(s) -
    Video Link -

Fille vs [K-12] The Madchine - Battle 1

Narrator(s) - Mutalisk
    Narration -
    Editor(s) -
    Video Link -

Fille vs [K-12] The Madchine - Battle 2

Narrator(s) - Mutalisk
    Narration -
    Editor(s) -
    Video Link -

Fille vs MrLumber - Battle 1

Narrator(s) - Mutalisk
    Narration -
    Editor(s) -
    Video Link -

Fille vs MrLumber - Battle 2

Narrator(s) - Mutalisk
    Narration -
    Editor(s) -
    Video Link -

Fille vs MrLumber - Tiebreaker #1

Narrator(s) - Mutalisk
    Narration -
    Editor(s) -
    Video Link -

Fille vs MrLumber - Tiebreaker #2

Narrator(s) - Mutalisk
    Narration -
    Editor(s) -
    Video Link -

Other Videos:

If you want to narrate or edit one of these battles, post your reservation for said battle(s). When you are finished, either post the results here or PM it to either me or Derwin. Make sure that when editing that you start editing after you acquire the narration file.

Links to the .poreplay files will be provided for each battle; simply click on the name of the battle in the list to go to the desired download link. If you think the speed of the battle replay is too fast or slow for you, inform me or the person editing that battle and one of us will record the battle with a different battle speed. If you had already done this, be sure to inform the editor of the battle speed changes you made to make their lives easier.

We will be looking over the files. If we don't think the quality of the narrating/editing is passable, then we'll reject it and have you redo it. I can be a pretty picky individual, so it may take more than 1-2 tries before I accept it depending on the quality.

Only reserve narrations when you know you can get it done.

Up to 2 people can reserve a narration/editing spot at once. If both individuals actually complete their assignment, then Derwin and I will choose the one that we think has a higher quality.

If you have any more questions, either ask in the thread or PM me or Derwin.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. Ortheore

Ortheore One beautiful monster

3. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    Really good first narration man, hopefully we'll have an editor that will put this together soon.

4. Isa

Isa Well-Known Tauros

PO Trainer Name:
    Isa
  5. Ortheore

The links to Ununoctium v Draco and FlyingZebra v ZodiaK are no good (seems as though they may no longer be being stored?)

Also the link for Archeops invasion v Meowmix is mislabelled- the battle it links to is actually between FrontierD (Is this Frontier Darkness?) and Meow and is in the HGSS OU tier, not wifi UU (I'm asking because I'm thinking of narrating that battle soonish and I definitely don't want to go talking about the wrong people being in the battle)

6. Laurel

Laurel Well-Known Member

Can we please just delete all the battles that haven't been narrated besides the POT finals. The queue is just way too big we'll be doing BW battles 2 years into XY.

7. Ortheore

Yeah I was going to ask about XY content since I'm not sure where we stand on it- we've had a little bit submitted, but Kyrk just said he still needs to get a battle rating team together and then idk. Also it seems as though submissions have dried up, and so some of the battles that have been submitted may be a bit out of date in terms of metagame development and tier shifts (which may not be a huge deal, but it's not ideal)

8. Laurel

Laurel Well-Known Member

Yeah I strongly support whipping out all the unnarrated battles that are not the POWC finals from last year... and I can do those next weekend. Not only are these battles gen 5, but they are not even the last shifts.

9. Dannylink2007

Dannylink2007 Member

Hey! I don't know if any of these battles still need commentary, but I'd love to narrate a few of them sometime. Do you have any suggestions?