1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2 OU] Suparain (peaked #4)

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Yui., Apr 5, 2013.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Yui.

Yui. Member

[​IMG]

Hey guys, it's Yui, and today I will be showcasing my very favorite team, which peaked 1614 points (rank 4) on the wifi OU ladder. It has also hit 1600+ on multiple other occasions. I don't have screenshots because I never take screenshots, but there are people who saw me hit said ranks, so good enough :P. There are a few things that make this team special. OBVIOUSLY, the most notably exotic thing about this team isss.....that I run rocks on banded terrakion. Isn't that cool? Also the Scyther is pretty exotic if I must say so myself (and I do harp on for days on end about how I use scyther in OU :P). I also made use of a unique spinner in OU, rain dish blastoise, and for all of you haters who say tenta is better, I NEEDED A PHAZER. Also I will explain some more about this when we get to the meat of this RMT. I was originally planning on leaving my Scyther's EV's as anonymous because I didn't want to give away my spread, but then I realized that nobody is even going to take note of its spread or try to counter it's spread on their team because that's way too useless in most situations. Btw, this RMT is also gonna be a shrine to Scyther :3

The Team at a Glance:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Threatlist:
    Code Red Threats
    Tornadus-T (or normal Tornadus, it's just not as common)
    Latios (Specs or Life Orb)
    Latias (Life Orb set only)
    Jellicent
    Sub Tentacruel
    Kyurem-B
    Bandnite
    Haxorus
    Sub CM Jirachi
    Deogar
    Deocent (Warning: If you come across deocent, you should probably just give up)
    Stallbreaker Mew

Code Orange Threats
    SD Scizor (Scyther beats it 1v1 though :])
    non-Sub tenta
    Starmie (almost code red)
    Sub-Toxic Gliscor
    Scarfnite
    Band Terrakion

***These are the more notable threats that I could think of as I made this rmt, do not think that these are the only threats***[/HIDE]
    Artistic Expression
    (Be careful: These are not for children's eyes)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Scyther is a fucking murderer who gets bitches.
    [/HIDE]

The Juicy Innards:​

[​IMG]
    Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic
    - Encore

Rain really helps my team out. It allows Scyther, Mamoswine, and Amoonguss all to shrug off the weaker fire type hits. Scarftoed itself is also a very useful pokemon. It can outspeed and seriously hurt many dragons with ice beams, most notably DDnite, which it can also lock into DD with encore. Scarftoed is a pretty normal set, but what makes this one a little bit interesting is encore (apparently most people run perish song) and toxic. Encore is far superior to perish song in my opinion because set up sweepers will be able to bomb me for a few turns after I use perish, switch out, and repeat, whereas encore stops them dead, and I can phaze them out with Blastoise afterwards if needed. I love mah scarftoed :]

[​IMG]
    Terrakion @ Choice Band
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor
    - Stealth Rock

When I think of brokenly overpowered things, band Terrakion comes to mind. This thing is my key player in breaking stall. It just has the sheer power to tear through things. Now really hardcore stall can wall it, so when I have to do professional stallbreaking, it can easily set up rocks by forcing pokes out. Basically I put rocks on it because nothing else on the team could do the job. Well, I originally had rocks on Mamoswine, but I soon found that icicle spear was too necessary to afford rocks. X-Scissor is a good choice over earthquake for me because it can help me punch holes by surprising Celebis. Also it is more reliable for killing NP celebi, which outspeeds Scyther. Sometimes I do wish I had EQ for Toxicroak, but I can normally beat the froggy somehow.

[​IMG]
    Mamoswine (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Spear
    - Superpower

Mamoswine, like Terrakion, is also one of the greatest physical powerhouses in the tier. With thick fat, it also faces fire type attacks with sheer swag (walls all dem heat wave zappies). I originally ran choice band because I made this team kinda near the beginning of bw2, and the guaranteed ohko on the therians and the extra power boost with superpower on Rotom-W was sweet. However, I eventually got tired of mispredicting and/or protect scouting, so I gave into peer pressure and gave Mamo a Life Orb. It is my primary method of dealing with Tornadus, Latios, and many of the other things on my threat list, but the problem is that it can't reliably switch in on most of these things. Also, if you haven't noticed, my weaknesses are almost all solved by a steel type, but then name of this team was literally almost "Who Needs Steels When You Have Swag?" I understand that you will be giving good feedback when you say to put Jirachi or something over Scyther or Terrak or something, but I don't really wanna hear it because this team is incredible partially because it's so bad yet so high performance :] (eh I guess I'll still want your feedback even if it is that)

[​IMG]
    Amoonguss (F) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 224 HP / 252 SDef / 32 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Spore
    - Clear Smog
    - Giga Drain
    - Stun Spore

Oh Amoonguss, you trolly little mushroom. This man is part of my defensive core along with Blastoise, and the two of them never die (unless the opponent has dragons and doesn't suck, but honestly do people even use dragons anymore?) This mushy mushroom is incredible with its ability to put things to sleep, wall electric types (which really threaten my team), stun big threats (if I'm lucky), and just run amok with Regenerator. Yes I run a lot of speed. Losing speed ties with other Amoongusses would suck. I'm actually almost tempted to run 84 speed EVs to outspeed Forretress, but for now I will leave that alone because there is only so much bulk I'm willing to sacrifice. Also between Amoonguss and Scyther, it becomes quite hard for Breloom to threaten me at all, even if the opponent can keep up their rocks. Politoed helps troll Breloom too btw :]

[​IMG]
    Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Rapid Spin
    - Roar
    - Protect

Blastoise is so hard body. Oh my goodness. Protect+Roar games in rain can make it live forever. It's honestly a very reliable spinner. However, It can't learn foresight with rain dish which makes me so sad because I would definitely sacrifice protect for foresight if I could. Obviously I need a spinner for the star of the team: Scyther. This is why Jellicent destroys me. It spin blocks me to hell and I simply cannot kill it (at least not without severe sacrifice). I would run toxic on Blastoise, but the only reason I have Blastoise over Tenta (aside from niche swag) is that it phazes. I really need that roar. Perhaps toxic>protect, but I have yet to try that. Jellicent aside, Blastoise functions quite similarly to Tenta aside from phazing>toxic/sub, so there is little explanation needed.

[​IMG]
    Scyther (M) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Aerial Ace
    - Quick Attack
    - U-turn

Outspeeds Lucario and Lando-T. Lives a Draco Meteor for specs Latios (slower so don't think you can just switch it in randomly). Scyther has a surprisingly good bulk and a not so surprising yet amazing offensive prowess. This set was crafted for the OU metagame. I put it in originally as a way to deal with Celebi because my team is weak to grass and Amoonguss cannot take on celebi, but it ended up becoming a check to many more things, such as Toxicroak and Conkeldurr. It can beat things like Forretress and Ferrothorn after it has set up. In fact, it can set up to +6 on leech seed Ferro who don't have gyro and think they will win (even good players will think they can-it's lulzy). Let's explore the moves. Swords Dance is on this set to help me with stall and just for general sweeping capabilities. Aerial Ace is very simply a technician boosted stab move it can use to hit all kinds of stuff. U-Turn is where the weird starts. U-Turn is to gain momentum when its pointless to set up from the advantageous position, such as when the opponent has skarm or gliscor, who can toxic Scyther, who I always want healthy. U-Turn is also a great way to snag some damage on Rotom-W as you run away. Quick Attack is definitely the weak link, being inferior to Roost/Baton Pass FOR THE MOST PART. I still love quick attack because it comes in handy in many situations, especially sweeping up weakened sweepers after i set up. I am considering changing it now, but for some reason I have huge problem with changing anything on this team (changing Mamo to Life Orb almost killed me). Besides, Scyther is still straight up powerful. It might not look it from just looking at the team, but it honestly is crucial to my team and has proved itself to be a big threat time and time again against even the best OU players. I LOVE MY SCYTHER <333

That Sweet Juicy Importable:

Attached Files:

2. Yui.

Yui. Member

Oh I totally forgot: Props to photoshop for Scyther with Bitches :]

3. Mikasa

Mikasa The Queen

PO Trainer Name:
    [InD]Mikasa
    You finally RMT'd this team. Beautiful ;__;

I remember how one of the reasons why I was attracted to your clan was because I saw the clan leader peaking a big 1600+ with Scyther. I have used Scyther in OU before, but I wasn't able to use it as well as you did. Great Job!

Also, as you know, this team was the one that inspired me to make my own team with Scyther in UU and get Rank #2 with it :D! All hail the #Holy Scyther Land!!!!!!!!

heil

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  4. Morning Sun

Morning Sun Soul Song

PO Trainer Name:
    Morning Sun
    aksl;js;fjzcv;zlckvj

last 4 evs plz it hurts my eyes.

I don't know how this team works so well for you, but it's pro as fuck won't lie. Scyther and Blastoise actually have niches in OU so it's cool that this team exists :]

Not much feedback to give without making the team less swaggy so strong team babe x

also ari did a pro job with the bitches and the scyther.

5. Yui.

Yui. Member

Lir4yl - I love you <3 I'm glad someone used my UU core in UU :P
    Morning Sun - Everything you said is so true :]

6. Finchinator

Finchinator Addicted and just can't get enough

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    First off, my eyes are killing me from the beauty of your colorful RMT. :]
    Secondly, I envy the unconventionality and I'm glad you did well with these Pokemon.
    Anyway, remember to give the extra 4 EVs to all your pokes and maybe switch SR to Mamo..and give Terrak Quick Attack
    Cannot think of much else, bug bite>u-turn in scyth...but, u-turn works wit this team...love the synergy! :D

7. Lord Emvee

Lord Emvee The Lord is Here

PO Trainer Name:
    Lord Emvee
    Good use of Scyther and Blastoise keep it up. I would recommend running Refresh over Protect on Blastoise, so you don't get status stalled or anything like that. For your Jellicent problem, you can always try Toxic on Amoonguss over Stun Spore to catch it off guard, or Night Slash on Scyther over Quick Attack. You can still win pp stall wars against Jelli with Refresh on Blastoise.

8. 2 Chainz

2 Chainz Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Two Chainz, 2 Chainz
    If I had a penny for every time I got smashed by this team . . . I'd prolly be able to afford some more tissues to dry up my (both happy and sad) tears.
    Great team :) unfortunately no steels so this team is (kinda) demolished by dragons and tornadus-t as we can see from your threat list. Moreover, every member of the team shares an equal responsability so nothing is really replaceable. Dare I say, Jirachi could do Amoongus's job to an extent while significantly helping with your weaknesses :x Once again, impressive team and even more impressive use of the team. It will be interesting to see this on the ladder used by other people...

(Also I can't believe you actually included the zombie scyther picture you animal LOL)
    and it seems as though your importable is broken :o

9. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

This is just superswaggy, from using SD Scyther to seeing that playa reel in the bitches...:') amazing team, amazing creativity,it's all been said before. Great job,

10. Yui.

Yui. Member

Finch - oof. I might've just fallen for you that was so nice. I used to run quick attack on terrak and rocks on mamo, but after EXTENSIVE testing, I realized that it's better as it is now, but yeah I'm weird cuz I never really remember the 4 EVs :P
    Emvee - Thanks for the ideas :D night slash and refresh are good, but nobody really switches jelli into amoonguss, and they always taunt on it :[
    2 Chainz - I think thats just Team Advantage :P. If I recall correctly, you don't have any pokes on my code red threat list :]
    TheSexiOne - LOLthnx :P I'm glad you enjoyed seeing scyther with his bitches

11. Thunderblunder

Thunderblunder New Member

Fuck yes u finally rmted it friend =) yeah this team balls hard and when you gave it to me i put a celebi over moong but this team is so amazing yui4president gg

12. Sakuya Izayoi

Sakuya Izayoi love to hate

My eyes are melting from the colour O__O

Anyway, really cool anti-meta team there, cant spot any flaws except for toxic on scarftoed. I see gyara would be a pain in the ass to deal with should you lose blastoise :[ I would recommend hp electric on politoed to smash down gyarados which can really be a potent threat to your team should he be able to set up a DD.
    Banded terra with SR is so good <3 love the team and the synergy

13. Yui.

Yui. Member

ThunderBlunder - Lol thanks :P
    SexyGardevoir - I hate to say it but you're way off base :/ I'm not anti-meta, if you look at the threat list, the meta is anti-me. Also I don't really even qualify gyara as a threat :o I just never have much problems with it.

14. get backer

get backer n_n

fuck your bitchass

15. Jimmy Turtwig

Jimmy Turtwig Member

16. Yui.

Yui. Member

Draciel likes this.
Moderators: Edna, fsk