1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Not a Bug] Ditto's type when Transformed into Arceus

Discussion in 'Bug Wasteland' started by The Dark Master, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dark Master

The Dark Master Member

PO Trainer Name:
    d d
    I was doing an Uber battle when an opponent sent out their Ditto on my Arceus-Dark:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/HIDE]
    So it looks like my Arceus is Dark and the opponent's is Normal. But look at turn 44:

Start of turn 44
    The foe's Transformer used Judgment!
    Arceus lost 67 HP! (15% of its health)

Arceus used Judgment!
    It's not very effective...
    The foe's Transformer lost 30% of its health!

The opponent is using a Normal type Judgement on a Dark type - it hits for normal damage as expected.
    However, when I attack with a Dark type Judgement, it isn't very effective. This is as if the opponent has transformed into my type - which is Dark. The image also shows as a Dark type Arceus.

So is the Ditto Normal, or Dark? And what should it be?

Edit: Here's another example with Arceus-Ghost, where the Ditto can't hit the Ghost type with a Normal move, but the Ghost Arceus can hit the Ghost type Ditto.
    http://i.imgur.com/4aYD3kk.png

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  2. Zerowaltz

Zerowaltz Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Zerowaltz
    The type of attack Judgment is dependent on the user's held plate (since only Arceus can learn it normally), not the user's type. Since transforming only copies the type of a Pokemon and not the held item, the Ditto will not be holding a plate and its Judgment will be Normal-type.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.