1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[BW2 OU] Wifi OU Hyper Offensive

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Sir Teams, Apr 23, 2013.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Sir Teams

Sir Teams Banned

The Team at a Glance

[secret]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [/secret]

The In-Depth

[​IMG]
    Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - X-Scissor

In Wifi the lead really doesn't matter, except to draw bait. Terrakion is a good physical attacker that is a common stealth rock lead, and many people send out their skarmory and forretress and ferrothorn at this guy. If they have one of those, I always lead with magnezone, and most of the time the strategy works, and I've just taken out a major pain. Now this is just a standard Scarfed Terrakion, it beats a ton of common threats out there with it's moveset, i usually save it for late game cleaning, but occasionally I'll just KO 1 or 2 pokemon with it and let the rest of my team do the rest.

[​IMG]
    Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Superpower
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge

Now sand is one of the best thing's in the metagame, it breaks sashes and multiscale on many common threats, though lucario and mamoswine can be annoying. I used to run Abomasnow to break sashes, but it has too many weaknesses, and isn't bulky enough, or powerful. Tyranitar is great, it is a good trapper that get 3 great STAB attacks, and a good coverage moves. He usually counters [email protected] and is a good wallbreaker if needed. Overall his main purpose is well, sand, and making sure sun and rain aren't up.

[​IMG]
    Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd /4 SpA
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake

With the unban of Garchomp and his nifty 102 speed, great attack, and good defense, I thought I would give him a try. He is an excellent late game cleaner, or an early game surprise. He has an excellent physical movepool, and also good coverage with Fire Blast. I debated for a long time whether to run Outrage or Dragon Claw, but Dragon Claw deals good chunks of damage and doesn't lock me into it, it's safer.

[​IMG]
    Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Surf
    - Psyshock

Now I needed something very fast, and Latios is one of the best scarfers out there. I debated using Accelgor for a while incase Latios lost a speed tie but he is too frail. He has amazing attacking stats, great coverage, and great STAB attacks. He checks other scarf latios if he wins the speed tie, as well as checking many low health pokemon that are slower, a mid-late game sweeper.

[​IMG]
    Keldeo-R @ Choice Scarf
    - Secret Sword
    - Surf
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

I needed another special attacker, so I picked Keldeo, he is basically a slightly slower slightly weaker Latios, but just very slightly. He also gets STAB on surf and can abuse rain when it comes up. Focus Blast hits physical walls, secret sword hits special walls. Surf is amazing, and HP Ice gives some good coverage. Why run icy wind which is less powerful, when you outspeed most everything but latios?

[​IMG]
    Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Flash Cannon
    - Volt Switch

This guy is so underrated. He counters all of those steel types, an also is a good switch in to Latios with his typing. He can dish out major damage with his STAB attacks, and has almost perfect coverage. Overall his main role is killing steels, but he can dent quite a few other pokemon too.

Threat List

Scarf Latios and Terrakion and be very scary if I misplay.
    Bulky steel types if I lose magnezone too early.
    Lots of Stacked Hazards.
    Extremespeed Lucario and Dragonite

Team Flaws
    No Hazards or Spinner
    All Choiced, can lose momentum

Overall though it is a good team. I welcome any critique, or any helpful tips.

Importable so you guys can ladder with it, and lose to me with it B)

[secret]
    Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - X-Scissor

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
    EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 SDef
    - Superpower
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Surf
    - Psyshock

Keldeo-R @ Choice Scarf
    - Secret Sword
    - Surf
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Flash Cannon
    - Volt Switch
    [/secret]

Note : I am sorry if my english is bad, it is not my first language, please tell me if anything is wrong. Thank you for reading!

2. Virizion

Virizion ~ Taste the Rainbow ~

PO Trainer Name:
    Virizion
    Nice team you got there! However;

- 5 Choice Scarf Pokémon on 1 team along with the band means your team is really weak to common T-Wave Pokémon like Jirachi, or revenge-killers like the all-common Ditto.
    - Change the Choice Band set to a Special Defensive Lead Set. This will help your teams with hazards and is much easier for taking down things such as Dragonite or Volcarona.
    - I recommend a Calm Mind Keldeo-R because 108 Base Speed isn't terrible, and I think it would be more beneficial to the team as it's not all Choice items and the like.
    - Use a Choice Band Garchomp with Outrage and Sleep Talk ONLY. That way you still have a wall breaker in the team who is then fast enough and much more useful thanks to it's ability to learn those 2 moves can make it a very big threat against things such as Breloom and Smeargle. If you can predict correctly, this works really well and very nicely.
    - Replace Dragon Pulse (preferably) or Surf for Trick. You then can counter many leads such as Ferrothorn, stallers such as Chansey etc. But make sure not to trick opposing Choice users!
    - Use Substitute + 3 Attacks Magnezone in replace of the current set you have. Base 60 Speed is low in my opinion for a Choice Scarf unless it's something like Tyranitar (which a Scarf T-Tar isn't recommended for the team) and you can therefore be an effective "bulky attacker."

Also I think you should change the teams position around. I'd say in order use Tyranitar (Lead) / Garchomp (Early-Game Sweeper) / Magnezone (Mid-Game Sweeper) / Keldeo-R (Mid-Game Sweeper) / Latios (Late-Game Sweeper) / Terrakion (Late-Game Sweeper and Revenge Killer).

Tip: If Keldeo-R isn't working for the team, DO use Surf on Latios and replace Keldeo-R with a Donphan so at least you can have a spinner for the team.

Hope this helped and accurate English! :D

3. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    I'm sorry if you like the all choice / 5 scarfers things but, I'm goin to advise ditching that.
    First off, change Terrakion to Taunt / Stealth Rocks / Close Combat / Stone Edge, with a Focus Sash. Solid SR Taunt lead with good power - Taunts the common Deo-D, too.
    Then, change Garchomp to Rock Polish Landorus-I. (Sheer Force, EarthPower/RockPolish/HPIce/FocusBlast, Modest)
    This'll give you one of the Metagames best sweepers - solidifying your HO team with a good cleaner for late game.
    Keep Tyranitar Choice Band and Keldeo Choice Scarf (brilliant core.)
    For Latios, switch to Expert Belt (Psychock / Draco / Surf / HP Fire) as it'll bluff and work well I your team as a threat.
    Finally, either Choice Band Stoutland or SDef Celebi over Magnezone.
    Depends if you need another water resist / wall or if you want a sweeper / WallBreaker.
    Nice team, gl

4. Cigarettes

Cigarettes I'm a fag ._.

PO Trainer Name:
    Cigarettes
    Hey
    I can tell you that you need stealth rock. And maybe a spinner. Choicing more than 3 pokemon is generally not advised and as the above user said, you need to stop being so one dimensional. Stall teams with protect run you over.
    I suggest you modify this team and make it a 'bit moar mainstream'
    Good luck :B

EDIT: That DERP Finch, ninja'd. Whatevs ;-;

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  5. Rioku

Rioku Not again.

PO Trainer Name:
    Shou
    You have three fighting weaknesses and one resistance. Late game Lucario sweepers are going to destroy you, because I doubt Latios stays around the whole game.

With five scarfers you are loosing a lot of potential power that you could have from specs or band. You also loose the staying power you get from sash or lum.

Keldeo and Latios already out speed much of the metagame so either of them could benefit from specs.

Do what firstworldproblems said about Magnezone, it'll help your team by giving you a bulky attacker, that's immune to toxic. Plus that Magnezone set can easily set up on Ferrothorn due to magnet pull.

Choice scarf will not help you against Dragonite, Scizor, Lucario, or Breloom. Those four pokemon carry some of the most powerful revenging moves in the game, and no matter how fast you are, you can't out speed priority. I don't think your going to have much of a stall team problem considering your move pool, but I may be wrong. Garchomp needs outrage, its what makes it good.

You could really use a revenge killer. I would go with Dragonite over Garchomp, or Scizor over Terrakion, as both of those options will help out with your fighting weakness. Good luck, and I hope I helped.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  6. MewtwoHidden

MewtwoHidden My Hax Makes Me Famous

PO Trainer Name:
    MewtwoHidden
    With 6 choice users as stated by everybody so far, stall teams will destroy you! Choice users are also not Versatile and make it easy for your Opponent the gain momentum. I also think you should use Hippowdon over Tyranitar and Rotom-W over Keldeo to give you a few defensive pokemon
    I will try to post a set for most of your pokemon

Terrakion's set
    [​IMG]
    Terrakion @ Rock Gem
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Rock Polish
    - Swords Dance

This set allows you to gain +2 Speed or +2 Attack depending on whether you are against slow teams (Stall-ish) where you need power or Fast teams (offensive) where you need speed. The Rock Gem allows you to heavily damage many pokemon even more. Close Combat is the highest power stab
    Hippowdon's set
    [​IMG]
    Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Slack Off
    - Earthquake
    - Whirlwind/Ice Fang

This set can wall the majority of the physical metagame, it sets up rocks, and then it can phase with whirlwind. Slack off gives it the best survivability Stealth Rocks is to get Hazards EQ can hurt many pokemon you could switch Hippowdon into very badly (Terrakion and Scizor for Example) You can use Whirlwind to rack up Stealth Rocks damage or Ice Fang to hurt dragon types (Primarily Dragonite) and Ground/Flying types (Landoruses)
    Rotom-W's Set
    [​IMG]
    Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Thunder Wave/ Will-O-Wisp
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Pain Split

Rotom-W can tank most Special attacks and fairs pretty well in sand. Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp can cut either Attack or Speed into 1/4
    Thunder Wave = Speed 1/4 Will-O-Wisp= Attack 1/4 Hydro Pump is highest power stab, Volt Switch can gain momentum and Pain Split can be used to heal Rotom on occasion.
    You can keep Garchomp and Latios the same or you can change Garchomp into a Scizor, but is up to you
    If you do use Scizor; set
    [​IMG]
    Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

Scizor and Rotom synergize extremely well together forming a "Scrotom" core! Bullet Punch has both priority and is boosted by technician AND is boosted by stab. Pursuit is normally used on Celebi/Latias/Latios so if they switch they will get serious damage/ Get KO'd Superpower is generally used only when it is Super Effective U-Turn can gain momentum
    Magnezone Set
    [​IMG]
    Magnezone @ Air Balloon / Leftovers
    EVs: 152 HP / 180 SAtk / 176 Spd
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Flash Cannon/ Charge Beam

This set does the same thing as yours did except it gets behind a sub the either kills the steel with HP Fire or uses it to set up with Charge Beam 176 Speed Timid allows it to outspeed taunt skarmory who would be able to keep you from getting behind your sub. Thunderbolt is another stab, you can use Flash Cannon or Charge Beam but in general Charge Beam is better.[/IMG]

Hoping I helped :)
    ~ MewtwoHidden

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  7. Sir Teams

Sir Teams Banned

Took some of the suggestions, but scarves serve a very large purpose in letting my pokemon unexpectedly revenge. Banded Garchomp works really well, but I keep scarf terrakion and latios to help deal with , the exact same things they are, changed ttar to the special defensive rocks set on a sand team I commonly used, and it's working quite well! Thanks you for help! Magnezone with sub+3 attacks doesn't work as well, scarf let's it kill dragonite's that think they can superpower it. It also helps against lots of stuff besides that that I am too lazy to mention.

8. Mr. N00b

Mr. N00b Member

A mono choice team... ?

9. Sir Teams

Sir Teams Banned

I didn't intend for that but I kept on trying to counter threats and it ended like that

10. MewTheDestroyer

MewTheDestroyer God

PO Trainer Name:
    MewTheDestroyer
    Get rid of Focus Blast on Keldeo for Surf. Make Magnezone Specs.

11. Sakuya Izayoi

Sakuya Izayoi love to hate

The lead matters a lot D: Whether you gain momentum or your opponent gains momentum all starts from choosing the correct lead for the situation, but thats beside the point.

Okay-ish team on paper, but i'm not seeing why 5 scarfers and a band poke is used.

Update the OP please, it is kinda misleading :XXX
    I can see some major problems with the team. 3 of your pokes being weak to the omni-present fighting and ground types while only 1 resist. This can be a real problem seeing that latios is the only poke that resist both, and is not really that good to tank hits anyway deal to its only mediocore defense stat. I would suggest Gengar over Garchomp, as it helps you cope with your fighting and ground problem, while also helping to deal with the breloom problem that can potentially destroy your team should it happen to spore latios.

Seeing that 2 rock types is not recommended on your team, I would suggest hippodown over tyranitar mainly because of its better typing, as well as being able to last much longer due to its instant recovery slack off. I would suggest a mixed EV spread in 252hp / 128Def / 128 SpDef mainly because of its usefulness and all around bulk. It only has a 17% chance to be 2hko by Band Terrak's CC without SR on the field, is a 4hko by Gengar's Shadow Ball, 3hko by Gengar's LO Shadow Ball, making it essentially a bulky tank that can sponge the major threats to your team.

I'm going to suggest a expert belt keldeo over scarf mainly because of it being able to bluff a scarf before smashing with the right move. Secret Sword/Hydro pump/Icy Wind/Hp electric is the desired moveset as it gives the best coverage overall. Hp electric is mainly there foe the opposing water types, most notably gyarados who can rampage past your team after a single DD.

Other than that, decent team overall, might add something else later.

Moderators: Edna, fsk