1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[NOC] The Streets of Hill Valley (NOC) - Won by I forget but this game took fucking foreve r ~ meowmix

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Fegelein, Apr 23, 2013.

1. waehofen

waehofen Peace, love, & understanding

PO Trainer Name:
    T. E. Lawrence
    What am I supposed to be responding to exactly? afaik everything you've said recently was at HD...

Actually as for that question I asked of Windblown, it goes for anyone; if you just so happen to be browsing the thread swing by and answer this: Do you want a D1 lynch in general?

2. citro

citro CRYING LIGHTNING

sure i want a d1 lynch, hopefully Not L, MeowMix or Windblown

3. LördKX

LördKX Archivist of Memories

PO Trainer Name:
    KX
    @Waehofen, post #404, were I vote you. Basically, I want to know exactly what your thought process was on deciding to troll, and if you have any response to my explanation of how your suspicious on those voting you is bs. And if we don't lynch today I will be seriously pissed, even if we just lynch an inactive. All no lynching will do is allow the mafia to kill off the active, good players until nobody who can oppose them is left. Also, with people like Beast or even Sebastian around, no lynching is just plain dumb.

4. dopog

dopog

@KX how would your reads change based on a beast flip [for both town and mafia]? (assuming he is lynched, or whatever)

5. NAVIDAD PIRATE

NAVIDAD PIRATE THE PLEASURE OF BEING CUMMED INSIDE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    @dopog, I'd be okay with a windblowna beast lynch. I'd prefer windblown, since I think we would get more information from his flip than from a beast flip

6. LördKX

PO Trainer Name:
    KX
    That is one point Meow has, more info would likely be gained from Windblown's lynch, as Beast flipping either way really wouldn't change my reads at all. Only thing is if he flipped scum, HD is even more likely not scum.

7. Beast

Beast I do what I want

We need a lynch every day really. We get more from any lynch then we get from a no lynch.

8. NAVIDAD PIRATE

NAVIDAD PIRATE THE PLEASURE OF BEING CUMMED INSIDE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    thank you beast that was really helpful

9. Marquis

Marquis beez in the whazzit??

god AP tests suck
    how am I supposed to memorize thousands of paintings and sculptures and buildings and stuff seriously
    kind of reminds me of how I don't know half of what everyone here is saying
    seriously some of this "serious" logic is totally messed up you can't even troll that

but I do understand why people are suspicious of me I mean it's not like I'm trying to hide my scummy scummy scum slips

first off, I'd never believe someone who appeared to unintentionally make slips then suddenly claim they were trolling
    as for me I've been trolling from the start like seriously my first few posts were just blatant bandwagoning on Beast (but that's not really a good argument is it? oh well) (also another parentheses statement that I have no idea why Beast is saying whatever it is he's saying. maybe he's [insert end of question here that I couldn't think of for 5 minutes about someone who's trolling now but is just acting like this as a safeguard later on... yeah that's pretty much what I wanted to say]? maybe he's a fool/lynch role? maybe he's bored like me? I might just be a hypocrite in this case anyway)

it's because it's forum mafia but nope that's not an acceptable response. scum dodging question [email protected]!
    honestly in server mafia/rtm there's not much to lose, I mean here there's not much to lose either but it just feels bigger/weirder/idk just forum mafia is scary you have so many more smart people and if not smart people then people who have more time to read things I'm not good at being serious ..yes that small compliment was an obvious attempt to get you guys to stop voting me so stahp [insert desperate "im a gud pr ok u lose" claim here] as for your question I haven't been reading much (I think you or someone else asked if I'd vote Not L) but of course I'd lynch today to see how the sides played out during day 1. also if you wish to respond to my post in any way you have a post requirement you must post a picture of a hot guy age 18-30 in your post ok thank you moving on, I'd be slightly for a Beast lynch not because I think he's scummy (I can't tell which way with him) but because I'm interested to see on what side he falls, and see who said what about him. tbh though I'm actually scared to lynch as I suspect many players are because while it seems like fucking up the d1 lynch is common enough nobody but scum really wants to accidentally lynch a town pr (even if beast is playing so badly that he's likely not a pr but what if he's doing this to avoid a kill IDK SEE IT'S SO EASY TO SEE EVERYTHING BOTH WAYS) everyone and their chihuahua seems to be for a windblown lynch but really guys I can't even tell anymore that wouldn't tell us that much tbh since everyone's jumped on that I think he's just a townie saying the wrong things since there really isn't any opposition even passive to his lynch. ohohoho except for this see look at me i'm on the side of the obv scum yah. as for my scum reads if you can even call them that it'd be not l because they're just not making sense and they're trying to force their logic through anyway like read my previous post about him he's trying to be helpful or act like he is but either way it's not working

oops I forgot to hit enter somewhere I'm sure

reading this last page again and srsly smh beasty. meow too you keep getting annoyed by him but idk it feels like you're forcing your opinions and statements too

also this is how i feel about everything atm

santana-glee.jpg

10. Marquis

i thought i accidentally deleted all of that these forums make my head hurt oww

[​IMG]

11. Beast

Beast I do what I want

Sebastion is automatically not scum for posting stuff about Glee. Gleeks are awesome.

12. Marquis

thanks Beast :D
    we have an automatic alliance now
    I was gonna tell you in PM but Feg said no :(

13. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic It's no use!

i am not dead

14. profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL INSANE Professer

I have to say I am thinking a Windblown lynch would give us the most info right now also. Not really convinced he is scum though.

Still think we should lynch Sebastian but I would be ok with a Windblown or Beast lynch.

15. Marcello.

Marcello. Ethereal Horizon

For reasons I feel have already been amply voiced on thread, I'm certainly most behind a Not L lynch. As far Windblown/Beast, I feel we'd have far more to learn from a lynch of the former, but if necessary I'd support a lynch against either, since we stand to learn something either way.

16. waehofen

PO Trainer Name:
    T. E. Lawrence
    Not L and citro: What does "assertive" mean to you? Is it about the language or the content?

Yeah I'm still doing my reread atm, almost done with page 11

17. dopog

dopog

Hi guests viewing the thread (there are nine of you! = )

I'd love it if you posted :)

18. Windblown

Windblown sable knight

AP Calc test was hell

I'm supporting a d1 lynch, preferably on Beast/Sebastian. Also I didn't know that there are other important reasons to lynch in forum mafia, besides the obvious elimination of scum because voting is the primary weapon of the village. I've never seen a lynch based mostly on information which is what you guys seem to be talking about. Though I get the lynch of a person who is seen by the other players in different ways, shouldn't we be focusing on lynching the person we most find to be mafia?

Anyways, deciding on a lynch target by the end of d1 reveals whether people support or go against the lynch, and their justifications for doing so, which results into deeper reading into their posting and consequently their alignment, so I would say a lynch is an ideal goal - just going towards no lynch does not help us at all.

Also if we're talking about lynching for information a waehofen lynch would be interesting because of everyone's reactions to his previous posting style, which would have different implications whether he flipped scum or village. The example which stood out to me is when Meow and TIWSS were discussing that, with Meow defending his "gambit" and TIWSS against it; ie, a waehofen scum flip would draw a bit of suspicion on Meow, stuff like that.

19. LördKX

PO Trainer Name:
    KX
    If a waehofen lynch could happen, that'd be great. Don't really see much support for it though.

20. waehofen

PO Trainer Name:
    T. E. Lawrence
    You're probably not going to do anything constructive whether or not your vote's on me, but a guy can hope—!
    it's kind of funny that you were surprised when I hadn't "responded" two pages later considering that there was no inquiry directed at me anywhere in this post

but let's figure out what opinion of mine you're curious to know!
    Well, as for my thought process, I spelled it out in my reveal post, which you might want to read if you're curious as to my mindset at the time. Putting aside all the hyperbole, your reasoning appears to have been:

1) Shitposting detracts from the discussion—It's possible that this is more true than I bargained for, but as at least a couple people pointed out (Meow & Hopkirk I think, could be wrong), with the exception of a few posts, I wasn't kyu. I wasn't posting stuff that was devoid of content. In fact, if anything, if you did read that reveal post, you'd have noticed that a few of my early posts, independent of the "condition," were kinda shitty. I don't think anybody has pointed that out so far, curiously enough, and if that were what people are referring to then post #217 would give them a good reason not to. (tbh I realized at that point that a few of my posts actually did lack the content I was going for, and you'll notice that pretty much everything after that was significantly more longer and more involved than the stuff before)

2) Thus, the people who try and stop it are town—This relies on the observation in the above which apparently most or all of the game missed, but technically speaking, I made a decision completely independent of what everyone else was saying in #217 that I would "stop milling around" (or however the hell I spelled it) and make better posts from that point on. A cool fact is that Windblown, HD, seb, and viamage all voted for me before that; of the 4, Windblown voted me way earlier than anybody else and it's hard to analyze the timing considering that fact, HD and viamage didn't unvote until significantly later, and in fact seb was the only one to unvote me shortly afterward. dopog (possibly among others) pointed out that I'd made an actually good post for once and seb's unvote included a message that he'd understood the point I was making about him...my point is really that anybody who voted for me after that point (but not before!) for the reason you claim either wasn't analyzing the person they were voting very carefully or was BSing. That would be archer, luna, and IFM. (Possibly you, but obviously since you voted for me after it was all over that puts you in a category very much of your own.)

3) Everybody's an easy target so that wouldn't have worked—beast got 5 votes early on before it became apparent that the wagon wouldn't come to fruition like that; michu got 4 votes if you count the one he made; seb had 4 votes right before IFM voted for me. I'm not just claiming that people would go after the easy targets and happened to choose me, I'm claiming that a hell of a lot of people did go for the easy targets, of which I not only happened to be one but briefly seemed to be the most likely to get lynched. If anything, if you look at the vote counts my assertion and yours go hand-in-hand: there were a number of easy targets and each of those had a pretty significant wagon on them at one point or another. I fall into that demographic, and forgive me if I feel just slightly special because my wagon (and possibly my e-penis) was the biggest.

4) By saying that the people who voted me were doing so for scummy reasons, I'm claiming that people who vote for valid reasons are scum—tbh I think I've covered this between points 2 and 3 and it doesn't have a great deal of standing anymore. I've also criticized votes that seemed to be for policy reasons on both seb and beast as well, I think (moreso beast, but I did at least once in this game chide someone for bandwagoning on seb the bandwagoner), so really that whole thing fits into a more general category of "I don't like when people try to lynch others for reasons I believe will prove counterproductive on D1" (However I've had a kind of bad feeling I can't shake about michu, so I didn't have as much to say about that one)

5) KX always supports policy lynches D1—OK in all honesty I wouldn't really know this because from my point of view KX D1 play consists of making bad posts then getting a crapload of votes then getting upset

6) Seems like a desperate move to redirect attention—Well technically speaking, had anything about my play at that point been desperate, I probably wouldn't have spent several hours ahead of time writing my reveal post whenever I decided to drop the post condition. I did have to move quickly but still, if I'd been scum and needed to get attention off myself, I could have easily just left that whole thing out and not really cared. I can't say for certain I know what I would have done in that scenario (hint: it didn't happen), but tbh I think the general argument that I was acting out of desperation is somewhat invalid given that I had evidently spent hours ahead of time planning how I was going to make use of my reveal.

21. waehofen

PO Trainer Name:
    T. E. Lawrence
    actually to expand on the 6th point up there, I should mention my reveal post was a reaction to "well shit the entire game knows I'm faking," not "oh shit I have 6/13 votes on me." Maybe that relies on the fact that I'm town and it would have been the other way had I been mafia, but I kind of doubt it. I don't scare easy.

22. ThatIsWhatSheSaid

ThatIsWhatSheSaid seasoned vet

FINALS ARE DONE MOTHAFUCKAS

So yeah Windblown's last posts have come across as really town to me (I'm talking about 420 and 498 just fyi). Prolly a combination of a willingness to contribute and the fact that he's making some good point (I liked his point about the overvaluing of an information lynch, I was actually gonna make the point and will expand on it later [I use parentheticals too much huh?]). I'm still confused by Beast's play, he seems to be active but is active lurking hardcore. However, he really hasn't given me a good reason to take my vote off him and I'm not totally buying into the wae "Beast's being intentionally scummy" train of thought.

@Beast any particular reason why most of your posts lack substance?

Also RE: Windblown lynch gives us way more info than Beast:

I'm really not liking the amount of sheeping going on with this point. Not sure who exactly is guilty of it and who exactly first mentioned it. I don't have time to go back and look atm, will do so later (Actually if someone wants to go back and report that would be cool!) but I know Deadpool and Marc did so only recently. My reasons for not liking this are twofold:

1) Yes its a good thing to take into consideration when selecting a lynch target, but it really shouldn't be offered up as the primary reasoning like I've seen it done. Both Marc and Deadpool basically said "I prefer a Windblown lynch over Beast/in general just because it would give us the most info". First and foremost our agenda should be lynching scum. That should be our priority. Its ok to offer up the information argument as supplement but ya.

2) I'm not entirely sure a Wind lynch would even give us more info than a Beast one. Maybe this is just cuz I'm partial to a Beast lynch or maybe its cuz no one has even bothered to make the argument (If I missed it I apologize its been a busy week).

So yeah, @Deadpool/Marc/ANYONE ELSE WHO SHEEPED TO OR FIRST MADE THIS POINT please elaborate.

I'll go back and read up on the thread, maybe read some individual players' posts and offer some reads later. Gotta go

23. waehofen

PO Trainer Name:
    T. E. Lawrence
    I feel that I should say this

The reason I've been talking up information lynches so much for D1 is that I think D1 really is essentially different. The claim I'm making isn't necessarily that you should not lynch the player you think is scum, but that on D1 you have no information to go on, so your reads are inevitably less than perfect. And there are several types of information you can get—investigative night action results, flips, voting patterns—and the only one present on D1 is the third, and only a little bit. I'm trying to make an argument using that third one against certain players (luna, archer, & IFM, I guess, where windblown and kx are sort of outliers to deal with separately), and so the strongest suspicions I have are the ones that are backed by some form of empirical evidence. You know, on D2, you can say "well hey this person didn't die over N1" or "well hey this guy flipped scum and he voted for him" or "HEY GUYS IM COP HES SCUM" (probably a bad idea for D2 lol) or a variety of other things like that, and in my opinion those lines of reasoning make the reads more credible. I've tried the "well I think he looks bad and he did this in relation to the other guy" but the truth is when I have no anchor for my suspicions it's a real crapshoot. The point I should be making, and maybe I've failed to make it, is that I believe D1 reads to be inherently weaker than their mid- and late-game counterparts unless you've got some form of info to go on.

So that's my reasoning for wanting to choose the scummy player from whose lynch I believe I can learn the most: it goes without saying that D1 suspicions are valid, just not as valid, and so as long as you firmly believe the person to be scum it's the right thing to do. The little differences that make X slightly scummier than Y are less meaningful IMO when you have no anchor, so as long as X and Y are both scummy I'd rather lynch Y if I think it'll help me later

In fact, maybe a Beast lynch would be perfectly helpful. We'd be able to examine more critically the people who want it over someone else (e.g. windblown), and it deserves mention that whatever we choose we've got something like a month of D1 discussion to go on, and a lot of votes have already been cast and a lot of action has already taken place. I'm just worried that a lot of people would join that because it is easy and thus their reasoning isn't particularly substantive and thus we don't learn anything particularly substantive about them when we look back.

woo long posts getting tired woop

24. Not L

Not L Fairy Princess

No one else is really picking up the same reads, so I'm hesitant to commit to this. You seemed a bit scummy to start with, but your play seems to have leveled out. It is hard to get an accurate read with just a few posts. Besides, I typically wait to commit to a vote, it's just how I play. I like to have firmly settled on something, and right now I'm not 100% certain.

Is the "he" you mention referring to me?

I hear the name windblown being thrown around a lot. I didn't pick up on anything, but I'm going to see if I can look back over his posts for possible scumminess.

Good question. A little of both, really. "Scummy" assertive to me includes, but is not limited to, questions that elicit a specific sort of response. A "scummy" question would likely tend to exclude certain information. If A has shown a little bit of suspicion towards C, but B has seemed to trust C, then Mr. Scum would likely ask A what he thought about C, rather than asking A AND B.

As far as language goes, I'd say if someone accuses someone of scummy behavior, that makes them (in my mind, at least a little bit) more scummy. "Non-scummy" questioning would be more general.

AP Calc was easy. The first section was moderately difficult, but I took a 20 minute nap after the last Free Response...

You suck.
    [/HIDE]

25. Archerknight

Archerknight Legends

PO Trainer Name:
    Archerknight
    busy with exams at the moment, sorry

26. citro

citro CRYING LIGHTNING

I'd say it's to speak in a way that is very forceful and persuasive, to press your views onto people over that of others, etc.

So I guess it's more about the language, since the content could be whatever you want, you can still be assertive about it.

I would love to know why you're asking this question waehofen! (assuming it's about my exchange w/ Not L earlier but I can't pinpoint anything)

27. citro

citro CRYING LIGHTNING

wait fuck was I supposed to make it relate to mafia? hehe

28. Marcello.

Marcello. Ethereal Horizon

TIWSS, my reasoning was along the lines of "Beast's flip reveals fairly strong evidence as to your own [TIWSS] and HD's alignment", whereas with Windblown a few more people have openly defended/criticised him (you yourself pointed out his posts look distinctly more town), so I feel we have more to learn from a Windblown lynch, hence my post.

You all with exams should play it like I do. 6 exams this week so far and another 3 tomorrow, come at me bro.

29. ScorchedSwords

ScorchedSwords (WereWolf)

PO Trainer Name:
    ScorchedSwords
    Alright, from what I've seen in browsing occasionally, Beast is semi-jokingly being lynched by a few; I see no benefit in "lynching for information" considering it's wouldn't be much of a scumtell so early in the game. I won't vote unless in an attempt to tie with no malicious intent to whomever I may use to tie. That being said: WW here, PRs PM, BG on me, awooo
    Also, wae is smart and forum mafia is even more verbose than Server Mafia x.x

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  30. waehofen

PO Trainer Name:
    T. E. Lawrence
    ^HE'S SCUM BECAUSE HE'S WRONG I'M ACTUALLY VERY DUMB f

ok I think not l answered that too (and his answer isn't very telling for me), so @citro then:

yeah I picked the word "assertive" kinda arbitrarily just to see which side you were swinging on without directly tipping you off, so sorry if this next part appears to be putting words in your mouth
    basically if you feel it's bad when meow is
    do you feel that implies any kind of contradiction when you read dopog as town but his language is always like "well you can do this if you want" or "I'm not trying to be aggressive" ?

31. waehofen

PO Trainer Name:
    T. E. Lawrence
    also um you kind of can't edit posts in this game lol, jus noticed that

32. Fegelein

Fegelein The Mechanic

PO Trainer Name:
    Fegelein
    A friendly reminder not to edit your posts during the game, or you will be godkilled.
    I'll let that offence slide though, if there's an error in your post, correct it in another post.

I'll probably do another VC/Prod session tomorrow.

33. citro

citro CRYING LIGHTNING

they're different. I read MeowMix's posts as sort of 'casually' pointing out possible scumtells (the one where TIWSS contradicted himself, for example) but not acting on them and sticking with this jokey tone to hide from making proper accusations (page 9)

whereas dopog's posts are filled with his airy, cheerful manner but this doesn't detract from the actual content, and I feel like calling someone scum (Windblown and Not L) is still calling them scum whether you sugarcoat it or not, so it doesn't change my outlook on that. (referencing #477 here)

hope that answered your question!

~

@ScorchedSwords: hey pal, ties are really unhelpful in this and it's often better to just cast your vote down on your scummiest 'read' even if you don't think there's a high prospect of them being lynched, everything is contribution and everything is pressure

34. citro

citro CRYING LIGHTNING

edit by way of double posting: as in, I don't think someone would be prepared to not engage in a confrontation just because the accusing party was nice and polite to them, so it's not really the same as what MeowMix did

35. dopog

dopog

Hi everyone!

Hmmm I still think Windblown is mafia.
    Again he seems to say stuff that is contributory without actually getting us anywhere.
    And seriously his reads are not very hard to reach. Like except for viamage I think he has given reads that follow or air out the general consensus. Like he takes the suspicions of other people and just finds evidence to support it and makes it quite airy. His beastcharizard and seb suspicious seem to be predicated upon him saying; "they are kinda town, I don't think they would do this as mafia. But MAYBE they could be mafia cause X" which opens up the vote oppurtunity later which he used on beast. If we get a couple days out from deadline I will do another case with quoting and stuff. It'll be fun!

However, I would not be in favour of people jumping on him for information, because that disguises your reads. When I asked about what people thought of the lynch, I [primarily] wanted you to talk about where you stood on beast and windblown. This is my whole "put your vote where your mouth is". Vote who you think is scummy. So we can see who you think is scummy. Potentially a bit before deadline if it's between only a couple people do you vote someone who you don't necessarily think is scum. but in that situation you are voting who you think is scummiest out of a select group [e.g. two bandwagons that have reached l-4 or something]. I guess there are a couple other situations but seriously... put your vote where your mouth is. If you are scared of being suspected, please don't be. Using your vote is pretty pro-town. js

Sebastian's last big post reads ok. I like how he defends windblown [because it sounds geniune] as opposed to sheeping other opinions where he definitely could. Although the deliberate "oh no maybe you guys think that is scummy" annoys me.

HD's absences also are kind of frustrating. As are hopkirks = (

And I feel like profdeadpool is solely defending himself, which is not helpful. Definitely looks very scummy.

@profdeadpool; when you finish exams (idek when that is, sorry); Who do you think is scummier out of wind and beast? What did you think of seb's last big post? What do you think of scorchedswords and roild even though they only have 1/2 posts, how do you read them? what do you think of Hd and hopkirk?

@waehofen please answer this!~; what do you think of the players who have said that they would prefer a wind lynch based on being more informative (particularly; Meow, Deadpool, Marcello) ??
    What do you think of windblown's last like 5 posts? and what do you think of his big one [#420]?

@tiwss; aside from the "don't info lynch" what else did you like about windblown's posts? What do you think of users citro, HD and Not L? Actually tiwss could you just post some substantial reads now that your finals are done (players of your choice but include those I asked about please = )?

@Not L; what do you think of viamage? I would really like you to give some reads or just tell us who you think is scummy. You are busy and you like to be 100% certain which does make it hard (so maybe post after exams), but not commenting on other players, or not commenting on them with any new points or just anything really, especially when asked to do so, is so unhelpful to town. My questions have points as well man!

@Meow; I'm finding it quite hard to read you. Could you post your reads on a number of players (like not necesarily what kx and wae did going through playerlist, I just want you to comment on people); particularly; tiwss (again =S), Not L, Windblown, Beast and Citro?

@Windblown; What do you think of archerknight and not L after they have posted a bit more? What do you think of Hopkirk?

@Hobbes2; You made a good point that everyone seemed to not suspect waehofen any more! Why do you think that is the case? Who do you think is scummiest?

@scorchedswords; If you had to say two people were mafia in a snap decision, just based on reading the thread, who would you say? and why I guess?

bolded names so you'd see and respond! wow this looks so big.... ByE

36. waehofen

PO Trainer Name:
    T. E. Lawrence
    If they believe windblown to be
    I'm all for it. I think that group is interesting because I've been getting town vibes off marc, no vibes off deadpool, and scum vibes off meow (up until a couple pages ago anyway; completely agree with him about tso) But yeah if you really think he's bad then goforit

As for windy himself
    420—appears to be kind of the anti-175. (That was the post in which he said relatively little except "I bet hd knows what he's doin!") At the same time though my biggest reactions to it upon actually reading the content were: "well aren't these just the easiest three targets in the game?" and "yeah I have been acting kinda smug but it's fun." I don't know how to separate my confirmation bias from my actual scumhunting ability in this case.
    421—small addendum onto 420 where he addresses citro for the purpose of explaining why he apparently defended someone he was voting
    441—nothing here
    461—nothing here
    498—yeah lynching me would be interesting, huh? (too bad I'm not scum LOL) [questionable whether there's anything here]

Really if windblown wants to do something town-like it should be more of what he did in 386. Doing a couple reads on players who aren't beast/similar and even a firm, genuine statement about another player's post with "I disagree with [Not L's] philosophy." I know very little of what he thinks about most of the game and other than that I just get the feeling that he's going with the flow, whether it's by posting fluff that looks a little better than prod-dodging or just agreeing with other people's votes.
    I still think it's a bit bs that people who claim to want to lynch during D1 (e.g. windblown) said they would unvote me when I stopped posting funny some time ago! That's a good way to throw away your thirteenth of a lynch, which is pretty anti–wanting a D1 lynch. Not like it'd never be town for someone to vote for me and slap an ultimatum on it but IMO that should at least come with the belief that I'm actually scum (e.g. kx right now).

The post that stood out most to be me in the past quite-a-while was scorched's intro post, the guy says three sentences and one of them is "wae is town" wowowow

ps I put this list in a post just above and then I looked at it again and realized I don't think any of these people have been acting pro-town in general, maybe I was onto something?
    archer, luna, IFM

37. ScorchedSwords

ScorchedSwords (WereWolf)

PO Trainer Name:
    ScorchedSwords
    Well, that makes sense o.o but my bad T_T as you can tell, I'm new to Forum Mafia :L
    @citro: then I'll just keep my vote then until I can read everyone better; catching people on simple slip-ups isn't really looking for scum since the more eloquent and careful players would be most likely scum
    @wae: I never said you were town, just that you were smart :P don't get ahead of yourself, I was just impressed you (and everyone) wrote so much and broke down a lot :L
    @dopog: I still couldn't say, anyone who is scum would initially not want the spotlight on them, but at the same time they would want to be seen as not a threat; being careful in early stages on Mafia leads to survival; I'll watch for now :I

38. Beast

Beast I do what I want

So i don't get prodded. :)

39. ThatIsWhatSheSaid

ThatIsWhatSheSaid seasoned vet

lmao

Please share. And thoughts on anything else happening in the game would be nice.

@dopog I'll post reads when I have more time. In terms of Windblown's latest postings, I just found 420 to be a genuine defense. I also thought he made good points in 498, and I like that he mentions being interested in a wae lynch, not because I'm also interested in such a lynch, but because I think it kinda mitigates the "sheeping" accusations.

And mostly in general I find the fact that he's trying to defend himself and contribute to be pro-town, as opposed to Beast who seems to be avoiding any and all questions, not posting anything substantial, and hoping that we simply forget about how scummy his early d1 play was.

I'm looking forward to going back and reading up on Not L in particular, but those reads will have to come later.

40. Windblown

Windblown sable knight

I was just about to comment about Beast's active lurking or however you call it because once people stopped voting him he started to stop posting anything with substance (see, his last post, joking around with Sebastian about Glee, etc)

Here you go dopog.

Archer: nothing much from him since my last read on him in 386, the only two posts of worth he’s made is a comment on how he thinks wae is making a bad excuse to cover up his trolling and pointing out how viamage’s early game bandwagon is a little scummy – both points have been made before by others, so it may be just echoing the general sentiment. Still slight scum.

Not L: first, a very weak case against citro, who I believe has an interesting case against Meow’s less aggressive than normal play (apparently, I’ve never played with Meow). In 422, he puts up this generalization I don’t like (if you’re scum, you’re either super active or a lurker). I feel mafia would do to their very best to blend in and so make enough active posts to seem town – if you are on one of the two posting extremes, it does draw attention to you, which is against the goal of the scum team. Also contends that dopog is taking control of the village by “pointing fingers,” but he’s really only asking questions towards everyone.

432: “Grilling specific players about other specific players seemed to be one of his worst offenses. It influences the opinions of players by having certain people put certain others in the spotlight”

Weak logic here imo, I think Dopog’s asked almost everyone about almost everyone throughout of the course of the game as of now. You’d ask questions about people who have recently done things notable, so in different time frames you’d ask about other people.

437: “dopog's logic just doesn't seem to add up. Something appeared to be up. It wasn't just being curious or instigating some good discussion. It was him trying to control the discussion”

Again I think asking lots of questions =/= controlling it and in fact it does instigate good discussion.

504: “No one else is really picking up the same reads [of dopog], so I'm hesitant to commit to this [voting him].”

Sounds pretty scummy to me, he seems to say “I want to vote you, but no one will agree to me, so I’ll probably vote when there are a lot of votes on you.” Moderate scum read.

Hopkirk: I like 452, further pressuring Sebastian to provide more logic than “I was obviously trolling.” Although Seb is a server mafia player trolling as village isn’t a smart thing to do, and Seb really seems to be stretching the trolling excuse a loooot (489). Most of his posts are just responding to things people have asked him (most recently responses to wae’s questioning about him, but he replied pretty well particularly about the whole Michu situation). Slight town lean.