1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[NOC] The Streets of Hill Valley (NOC) - Won by I forget but this game took fucking foreve r ~ meowmix

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Fegelein, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Beast

Beast I do what I want

What Gender is Charizard to you?

@HDs last post. Who wouldn't try to save themselves from being lynched? Being lynched hurts your team regardless of what side you are on. So both scum and village will try to save themselves.

2. Kedustealer

Kedustealer New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Mafian Moustache
    need to get IN!

inb4 im viillager or ~insert villager-esque role here~ as usual though

3. waehofen

waehofen Peace, love, & understanding

PO Trainer Name:
    T. E. Lawrence
    ohhhh boy I hope there's just one scumteam this time

4. Fegelein

Fegelein The Mechanic

PO Trainer Name:
    Fegelein
    Please do not post if you are not part of the game.

5. Marcello.

Marcello. Ethereal Horizon

I don't see him buddying anyone particularly strongly, and even in his read of me where he decided I seemed relatively pro-town, he made sure to pressure me to an extent with regards to my meta arguments (and rightly so!) I suppose in a way you could consider his persecution of Beast and Seb to be moderate "buddying" in the sense of he is targeting the two players Town seems willing to go for at the minute, but I really wouldn't read into this too much as he has maintained objectivity for the most part and certainly doesn't seem to be trying some sort of desperate gambit to be seen as town.

In all honesty, I would like all of the players claiming Not L isn't scummy to really elaborate. As it stands I can not see him flipping anything else, and HD simply stating "the flip flop isn't scummy" is really weird, as frankly I view most flip flops as purely opportunistic things which are most certainly a scum tell ("Oh, village are going for this guy! I have to somehow force an argument against him too!") I mean I'm getting fairly town vibes from what HD has posted so far, most specifically with regards to his early and consistent pressure w/ regards to Beast, but I did find this a little off putting and strange. Taking into consideration what he said with regards to flip flops though, I do slightly see his point, but I can't see Not L's as anything other than shit opportunistic. As I said, with regards to the switch vote I realised at the time nobody seemed willing to join me in the Not L vote, and in a game this big one vote isn't much pressure, especially with so many players distributing their votes between Seb/Beast, so I felt my vote contributed more elsewhere.

6. Not L

Not L Fairy Princess

He seems to waver between acceptance and desperation. At some points, like when he mentioned the deadline extension, he seemed to just want this to end because he knows he's being lynched. With other posts, he's making last, desperation reads on people, trying to prove them scummy and defend his own behavior. He's 99% certain he's dying, but he's holding on by that last thread because he obviously does not WANT to be lynched.

7. Marquis

Marquis beez in the whazzit??

rofl of course he doesn't want to be lynched

8. Fegelein

Fegelein The Mechanic

PO Trainer Name:
    Fegelein
    VOTECOUNT 1.5

TheSexiOne (1) - waehofen (L-12)
    Human Destroyer (0) -
    LordKX (0) -
    citro (0) -
    Sebastian Hummel (2) - Roild, BeastCharizard (L-11)
    MeowMix (1) - citro (L-12)
    Madrigal (1) - Shazan (L-12)
    waehofen (1) - LordKX (L-12)
    Windblown (2) - dopog, MeowMix (L-11)
    ThatIsWhatSheSaid (0) -
    Metal Sonic (1) - TheSexiOne (L-12)
    Marcello. (0) -
    Roild (0) -
    profDEADPOOL (1) - Sebastian Hummel (L-12)
    Archerknight (0) -
    Princess Luna (0) -
    Not L (0) -
    IFM (0) -
    viamage (1) - Archerknight (L-12)
    dopog (0) -
    IronStorm (1) -
    Hopkirk (0) -
    Shazan (1) - Metal Sonic (L-12)
    BeastCharizard (10) - ThatIsWhatSheSaid, Human Destroyer, Windblown, viamage, Marcello., profDEADPOOL, Not L, Princess Luna, Hopkirk, Archerknight (L-3)
    BebbZ (0) -

With 25 alive, it takes 13 to lynch.

Deadline is 17th May, 2013, at 5:00 PM GMT.

9. ScorchedSwords

ScorchedSwords (WereWolf)

PO Trainer Name:
    ScorchedSwords
    Alright, I've relatively caught up in this game (breezing through a few long passages x.x) and I still don't see exact basis in this Beast lynch. Beast is kind of digging himself deeper into his hole which isn't at all helping with his "acting as scum/mafia to live for subsequent nights" but it feels as though he's just being bandwagoned on. The people who get my suspicions though are Princess Luna, viamage, and Sebastian Hummel. Luna kind of just pops in and out getting prodded every so often and has a few bandwagon votes which seems interesting enough to me. viamage is also in the same boat where his activity rouses suspicion from me, I cannot place my finger on it (and I don't want to shuffle through the pool of text again T_T). Sebastian Hummel's posts range from unhelpful to bandwagoning, I cannot tell whether he's just being passive or he's eager in escalating an event that results in knocking a player out (thus diffusing the blame onto others while he and his mafia brethren kill another in the night). Again, I'd quote for basis but I'm more or less using this as a way to avoid studying, I'll try to provide more support after my (final) final exam.

10. citro

citro CRYING LIGHTNING

Beast said he was acting scummy on purpose to not get nightkilled by the mafia. This alone rings massive alarm bells sorry, it's just terrible reasoning and sounds like a complete backtrack and/or pretty much blatant lie.

I feel like there's not much point voting him since the lynch seems imminent anyway, but I'm letting it be known I'm backing it :]

11. Roild

Roild Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Roild
    There might be more than enough people who pipe in just to not get prodded. I'm going to work my way through and read thoroughly, but I skimmed through enough to just see how things are going. Beast is a lynch just to get more information based on the votes. Sebastian isn't even responding to me about his scum play. There are other people that would be just as good lynches, but Beast is talking enough to have a read on his flip. I personally see Beast as town, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be lynched at this point. He has enough scummy tells and would be a decent pick. Citro just pipes in to support a Beast lynch without voting for him. I don't get it. Citro, do you have anything else to say about the rest of the game other than backing up an already going lynch?

12. Beast

Beast I do what I want

Vote me if you want to vote me. That is the only thing that makes sense. You are being to cautious with your vote worrying that it might look like bandwagonning. By saying you back my lynch but not voting me you are potentially putting yourself up as buddying with me.

@Not L: I have already said that NOONE wants to be lynched regardless of what side they are on. If it is scummy to not want to be lynched then that is just dumb. I have accepted my fate, if that is to be it, so my "desperation" is so that I can at least help the village and people will be less mad at me at the end of this game. If I can at least partially redeem myself in this game that will make me happy.

P.S. My dieing wish is to have Sebastian lynched since he is still trolling the game.

13. Marcello.

You almost provided the entirety of the reasoning behind the Beast lynch by implying another player is guilty of it, all while saying you don't understand the basis? Really man, come on. The only slight deviation is Beast was blatantly and flagrantly employing OMGUS and generally acting more scum-inclined than Seb.

14. ThatIsWhatSheSaid

ThatIsWhatSheSaid seasoned vet

lolwhat.. How is lynching someone you think is town ever a good thing? Care to explain?

15. ScorchedSwords

PO Trainer Name:
    ScorchedSwords
    @Rolid: I see your reasoning and I agree but I still think a different lynch (or no lynch) would be more effective, seeing who would (or wouldn't) survive the night, but maybe i'm just a stickler for how Server Mafia runs :L

@Marcello.: But from what I understand, Beast's lynch started from a minor scumtell (misspeak imo) and it became Beast trying to advert attention off of himself to try and still be helpful to the village, whereas Sebastian's kind of just been the "hop on"; granted it feels as though I'm defending Beast too much (what's OMGUS?)

16. waehofen

PO Trainer Name:
    T. E. Lawrence
    "omg u suck" but more specifically when you vote someone for voting you
    probably the scummiest post since #175. unvote tso vote citro why would you think this is a good idea unless you don't actually want him to be lynched

17. waehofen

PO Trainer Name:
    T. E. Lawrence
    ^Oh, and I'll say what HD said in a similar situation: no sniping the question if you're not citro, please.

18. Hey Day

Hey Day Argumentum ad ignorantium

That's not the point.
    The point is that you haven't actually done anything in those posts EXCEPT attempt to save yourself.

19. Hey Day

Hey Day Argumentum ad ignorantium

Like hello all of Beast's recent posts have been Appeal to Emotion and "giving up" in an attempt to look town.
    No scumhunting. No attempt to figure out the alignments of others. Nothing.

20. two sides of one coin

two sides of one coin sick of all her shit

dear playerbase

if you think someone is town, it's advisable not to lynch them. to that extent, don't post to the contrary.

tso xoxo

21. citro

citro CRYING LIGHTNING

lol how the fuck is that scummy? i just didn't want to put him even closer to a lynch in case a newb town hammered.

if it brings you peace of mind wae unvote meowmix, vote beast i still don't even understand what

22. citro

citro CRYING LIGHTNING

also, i doubted one person not voting him would make a difference in him being lynched (it won't) so yeah... what difference would i be able to make / why would i throw the opinion out there that i didn't want to vote for him for any other reason?

23. waehofen

PO Trainer Name:
    T. E. Lawrence
    OK, that was the correct answer.

24. waehofen

PO Trainer Name:
    T. E. Lawrence
    "One person won't make a difference" doesn't make a lot of sense in this context IMO. But really it would be a potentially easy dodge to say you "want him lynched but don't think the vote matters" enough to do it, so that your name doesn't appear on the vote list later on, or something...really though wanting to prevent a hammer is the only reason you shouldn't vote someone you believe to be scum, especially if it's feasible, so that's why I asked. Without that explanation it would have been a scummy comment to make.

25. citro

citro CRYING LIGHTNING

oh ok

26. Beast

Beast I do what I want

HD, do my reads of Dopog and Sebastian not count as scum hunting and or helping the village in any way? I feel like they should since it took a while to make that whole post. I have also been pointing out inconsistencies in peoples posts since I started to be helpful. I understand using earlier play to lynch me but please don't say I am not being helpful now.

Also, how does giving up make someone look town? I have given up my life but not on helping the town by the way. I understand you want me lynched and that is fine and dandy but please don't over look the work that I have actually done. I have also stated that I don't understand how some people are perceived as scum, such as Windblown.

I vote i get worst player in this game if that is an actually award at the end.

27. ScorchedSwords

PO Trainer Name:
    ScorchedSwords
    Fuck what I said, get Beast for post #666 >:D obv scum (jokes)

28. ScorchedSwords

PO Trainer Name:
    ScorchedSwords
  29. ScorchedSwords

PO Trainer Name:
    ScorchedSwords
    Trip post get
    But yeah, as much as I don't think a lynch would prove too beneficial and my opposition/confusion over the Beast lynch considering the roots of it; Beast seems scummier the more I support him... but I still think he's townsided and just has the spotlight on him allowing for others to hop on or be unnoticed. I've practically sided myself with Beast trying to naysay this lynch in light of another, more educated vote

I have a feeling this post will have the opposite effect of I intend it to: causing others to rethink their actions/votes and seeing what benefit this will have for subsequent rounds

Also, WoofChow sux

30. Marquis

Marquis beez in the whazzit??

You made a joke regarding scumminess. You must be scum.

If you didn't have time to read my posts, you really shouldn't be saying this. At what point do my multiple statements of "we should not be lynching Beast today, there are many better lynches than this" become "I either don't care about this lynch or I'm encouraging all of you to hammer him right now"? (Also, if people are voting and analyzing Beast so intensely, wouldn't it be pretty obvious if we were a scumteam and he was trying to bus incredibly scummily at the last second? That suggestion doesn't really make much sense since Beast seems to suddenly hate me for "getting away with it" and how I'm refusing to lynch him... ok, now that sounded scummy, but again it'd be obvious based on that if he was bussing, Beast is more skilled than that, and really it's up to your interpretation of WIFOM)

I believe I already did, lol? As I've said my scummy play was trolling. The reason some of you appear to still see it as such is because I can't help but be sarcastic given some of the things I've read about me in the past few pages. I also don't get why Scorched says I was "hopping on" to all the lynches, considering that I'm trying to get the opposite done. (Also, how did Windblown's "scummy" status suddenly disappear? It feels like once Marcello started to say he saw him as town now, everyone else just fell back too :P... same with the vote on waehofen "his post restriction is annoying me so I'll vote him, oh some people don't suspect him anymore due to his explanation of tactics so now I'll try to lynch someone else easier instead")

And on a somewhat unrelated note, for my first foray in Forum Mafia, I've concluded that large games just lead to selective evidence and mob mentality. When I was still alive in that beginner instruments one, with less players active it was so much easier to analyze who was scum covering up. :/

31. ThatIsWhatSheSaid

This kind of equivocal statement is pretty characteristic of scum.. its like you're saying, "I don't wanna discourage you guys too much for lynching him, but I actually think he's town!"

People need to stop saying they think Beast is town and proceed to let him be lynched. If you think he's town then put up an opposition, or look scum as fuck.

So who do you think we should lynch instead?

32. Roild

Roild Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Roild
    Yes. I could be wrong about that. He's trying to dig himself out of a hole he made for himself. Perhaps he made a mistake somewhere. Yet the possibility of him being mafia is also evident. He is a good lynch to figure out the reasoning behind why other people think he's a good lynch and how people act and react to his lynch. It is good to get information.
    Appearing town doesn't mean he is town, especially to me when I don't know his style.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  33. Roild

Roild Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Roild
    I know that feel. Luckily, I RTM'd a little. A no lynch doesn't get as much information as a lynch does. It is true in RTM, so it must be doubly true in forum maf. I just commented about it.

(Also, I before L. :P)

34. NAVIDAD PIRATE

NAVIDAD PIRATE THE PLEASURE OF BEING CUMMED INSIDE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    beast is at L-1 just so everybody is clear

35. ScorchedSwords

PO Trainer Name:
    ScorchedSwords
    @Sebastian: I re-read several of your more recent posts, the passive isn't apathy as it is more just taking a sideseat and instigating; from what I've read, I see a few posts that don't sit well with me

@TIWSS: I get what you're saying, but it's more my ambivalence in my statements? I'm just pouring out assorted feelings and thoughts as I skim through what's been said; in my previous post #649, I gave three of my prospective suspects (does that phrase make sense?), so it's not that I don't want[/] a Beast lynch so to speak, I'm in fact of the mindset that a d1 lynch wouldn't help the village and instead hinder it seeing as the information used is merely how we communicate in the forum with nothing absolute/solid. Also, my focus is not who I think we should lynch but more who's actions (or lack of) we should pay attention to.

36. Marcello.

Beast's lynch started as minor pressure but became a lot more when people realised he was avoiding being actually helpful, and making attempts to look as though he was trolling, despite the fact that before his vote gained weight he wasn't playing anywhere near as scummy. Beast was "averting attention"? What game are you playing when you can say that? Beast's defense is ultimately "Oh yeah I acted scummy as hell to try and make sure the Mafia wouldn't get me", but acting scummy as hell is going to have the Town come down on you hard as fuck, and it is completely contrary to "averting attention". If you want to run a comparison of Seb and Beast, Seb has actually been significantly more helpful even with the trolling.

37. ThatIsWhatSheSaid

What are your thoughts on the impending Beast lynch?

sorry if you've already posted them but from what I can tell you havent posted an opinion on beast lately

38. ThatIsWhatSheSaid

Also deadline is in like 7.5 hours from this post so don't hammer now but someone should make sure to do so in like 6 hours or so

39. ThatIsWhatSheSaid

Also deadline is in like 9.5 hours from this post so don't hammer now but someone should make sure to do so in like 8 hours or so

wow my timezone conversions were off
    p sure this is right but someone should double check me
    yay triple post

40. dopog

dopog

hello! @tiwss i'm pretty sure it's a bit longer away then that = S
    Ahh nope I checked I think it would be in 8 hours and 10 minutes.
    Am offering to hammer, will be on for a while tonight

Hey can you fully answer that question yourself you asked meow too tiwss?
    Oh and what do you think about following users; kx, hd, waehofen, meowmix, marcello? People who are experienced and potentially hard to get reads on (did you update your read on not L?) we should use this time.

I will (opinions on beast) in a sec!

Actually @everyone; What alignment do you think beast is (seeing as he is about to be lynched)? Why?
    If you see this post and you have time and you are town provide an opinion on this please, maybe do a little analysis so we can see why you think that too, we will have something to discuss tomorrw!

Is beast actually at l-1?
    brb