1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Killing Maze

Discussion in 'Theme Development' started by Hidden, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Hidden

Hidden Member

Okay, I had this Idea for a theme, I'm not possibly sure its possible for scripting, but I'm putting it out the anyways! Here we go! I suggest that some of the RPG scripts be added into this from Roild or RiceKirby

Theme Objective: Kill your opponents before you get killed. Try Hide before you get found!

Theme Story
    : You are not wandering into a maze! As you enter the huge iron gate you see a sign that says "Survival Maze, Please take one of the many swords hanging on the wall over to the left!" As soon as you finished reading the sign, the gate slams shut! You now have no way to go but into the maze... Secret is, There is no way out! :]

Additional Information: You are in a maze of rooms! You go from each room to find players and kill them! There is a box in random rooms to get the possible chance of getting an extra life.

What makes it complicated: My Idea was that each player during the night can choose /left , /right , /up , /down. Once you enter a room it tells you what way you can choose! During the day phase, you are told who is in the same room as you, after you are told, you can type /kill whoever is in the same room as you! [note: you can kill up to as many people are in the room]

[Characters/ Roles]
    Announcer: Announces where a player is in the Maze. The Host of the Maze. Potentially the Baddest person a person wants to have as an enemy, You can shout out where people are in the maze! You carry around a high-tech map! It locates each player in the game, If you are found in the same room, and the character decides to kill you. You die! type /kill and /open during the day!

Prisoner: You are the prisoner who just go stuck in the maze! You carry around a sword same as the rest of the prisoners! Please choose a person in the same room to kill to stay alive! type /kill and /open during the day!

[Extra notes]
    - This idea is not fully done, so feel free to add ideas!

2. Scene

Scene reverie

I have no idea whether this would actually work or not, but it's certainly different and unique! My thoughts:

- I think you should keep prisoner kills to one. I don't know if that was a typing error or not.

- I'm probably just not following this, but if you know where you are and who's in the same room, what purpose does the announcer serve?

- Theme objective says you can hide....is this going to be implemented later/at all? ;D

- A few general grammar errors, but it's only a draft.

- Additional Information says you can get an extra life. Is this even possible to code? (if it is, that's awesome)

This is definitely one of the more interesting themes floating around, keep it up!

3. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

If this was possible to code, everyone would immediately know which path to take to get free lives, breaking the theme before it even gets a chance to be played.

Also, a short answer: This theme is not going to work because it isn't Mafia.
    It could be a decent side game, similar to Trivia, Hangman, etc, but for the purpose of Mafia, this is not in the style of Mafia.

Furthermore, it would simply be a long stall fest when someone is running from someone else as there's no resources required to move.

4. N the Great

N the Great Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Captain Price
    I'm not sure this is gonna work for a mafia theme. This looks like RPG rather than Mafia. Idea is good but i cannot be coded for a mafia theme. If you are trying to edit then I feel like it'd be like survivors.

5. IceKirby

IceKirby A.K.A. RiceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    Again with the random nonsense comments? I don't think this theme would have anything similar to Survivors theme. Seems like you are judging the themes only by their names.