1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2] May and June Wifi NU Tier / Potential Suspect Discussion

Discussion in 'Gen 5 NU' started by Big Bad Booty Daddy, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Meep! Article Contributor Article Contributor

Well, I can't say it'll make a huge impact, seeing as Goth was basically never used, but at least stall teams can breathe a little easier now huh?

2. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Stall functioned well regardless.
    Most stall teams run a Skuntank (or even Houndoom / Drapion) regardless since Musharna tears them apart. Now it's just one less reason to run it.
    Plus, Gothorita trapped plenty of offensive threats like Sawk, Primeape, etc. that aren't common on stall.
    It's not really the reviving of stall, more the bettering of the metagame and the termination of a pokemon with the ability to trap which corrupts the NU tier.

3. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Meep! Article Contributor Article Contributor

Well yeah, I know that much, but you know what I mean ae? Stall teams are much more crippled when one of their members are removed, whereas offensive teams are more able to recover from it. And thus, stall benefited more from this. I think it's safe to say that the tier will be a lot healthier as a whole though, in spite of Goth's next-to-no usage.

4. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Well, I get that a Gothorita trapping something like Alomomola, Tangela, etc. could be very crippling. However, so could Gothorita trapping Sawk or Manetric (neither of them could really break through Gothorita unless there are favorable circumstances.)

I guess that a stallish team losing an Alomomola or a Tangela is more vital since it leaves them vulnerable to certain threats that the trapped pokemon otherwise dealt with, leading them to get swept / lose to that threatening pokemon.

But, if an offensive team loses a wallbreaker (i.e: Sawk) then it could be just as punishing, in my opinion.
    Regardless, we're getting rid of a cancer to the metagame and I'm certainly glad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.