1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Final] Mesprit

Discussion in 'Gen 5 NU Analyses' started by AmourShipper, May 11, 2013.

1. AmourShipper

AmourShipper meh i'm bored

PO Trainer Name:
    AmourShipper
    It's amazing that nobody has bothered to write an analysis for this thing.

On Wiki

Spr_5b_481.png

Skeleton
    == General ==
    • It's ridiculously cute
    • It has name as one of, if not the best Pokemon in NU
    • Bragging aside, Mesprit gets the short end of the stick in comparison to its siblings (who are LU and UU, respectively)
    • Mesprit has pretty balanced stats in all areas
    • It's got a pretty large movepool with many offensive and support options alike
    • These make Mesprit a versatile and strong threat
    • It's at the top of the heap in a tier where Psychic-types are the game
    • Can go for a special attacker or even a supportive Pokemon
    • Levitate is nice too, so it only minds SR
    • It's weak to Dark, meaning Drapion and Houndoom pose really significant threats to it
    • 80 Speed isn't that great, but it's good enough by NU standards
    • Still, this thing is a top threat; underestimate it at your own peril

== Calm Mind ==

Mesprit @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute / Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Psychic / Psyshock
    - Thunderbolt / Charge Beam

• Mesprit can run a lot of sets but this one's arguably the most threatening
    • Its bulk and power allow it to set up and deal lots of damage
    • Not very easy to wall, especially after boosts
    • Substitute and Calm Mind form the famed combo
    • Psychic is STAB
    • Thunderbolt is coverage to smash Drap and Doom, also nails the ever annoying Alomomola
    • EVs are for the Speed and power
    • Leftovers for recovery for more Substitutes

== Support ==
    Mesprit @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave / Toxic
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt / Knock Off

• It has an awesome support movepool, so why not take advantage of it?
    • It's pretty bulky and checks Sawk and Primeape like a boss
    • Stealth Rock is the best move ever and Mesprit does well at setting it up
    • Thunder Wave can help against them speedsters, also neuters Primeape
    • Toxic works too though to wear down Mola and other stuff
    • Psychic is there for STAB; deal some damage
    • Thunderbolt nails Drapion / Houndoom
    • Knock Off can take off Eviolite from Roselia, Rhydon, etc.
    • Bold and max defense investment 'cause it's taking on Sawk and stuff

== Choice ==
    Mesprit @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Trick / U-turn

• Mesprit can be a nice Choice user as well
    • It has good enough stats and coverage to make good use
    • Psychic is STAB
    • BoltBeam coverage is there, it makes Mesprit insanely difficult to outright wall
    • Trick to cripple something like Alomomola / Roselia
    • U-turn for scouting
    • EVs are for the max power and speed

== Other Options ==
    • TrickScarf
    • Rain Dance
    • Sunny Day
    • Trick Room
    • Dual Screens
    • CB
    • Zen Headbutt
    • Elemental punches
    • Energy Ball / Grass Knot
    • There's a lot, do I need to go down the whole list?

== Checks and Counters ==
    • Drapion
    • Houndoom
    • Skuntank but it's inferior to the former two
    • Scyther but it can't come in on T-bolt
    • Pinsir
    • Musharna can CM war with it but it can't do much back
    • The same applies to Metang
    • Quagsire, despite its mediocre special bulk, can take on SubCM and CM sets
    • Pokemon with strong special defense
    [/HIDE]

Written
    == General ==
    Mesprit unfortunately suffers from being the least useful of DPP's Lake Trio, and as such, it finds itself in the lowly BW NU tier while its siblings hold their own in the higher tiers. That's not all bad news for Mesprit though; for it is quite the popular Pokemon in NU, and it's not hard to see why. The first thing notable about Mesprit is that it has overall balanced stats; it hits reasonably hard and is also fairly bulky. Mesprit also expansive movepool, filled with a variety of both offensive and supportive options alike, which make it a jack-of-all-trades, in a nutshell. This gives Mesprit a fairly easy edge over the other dominant Psychic-types in the tier, such as Gardevoir and Musharna. Its typing isn't bad defensively, and allows Mesprit to endure hits from Pokemon such as Sawk, Rhydon, and Piloswine. That said, Mesprit does have its flaws. Its Speed, although decent, is slightly lacking, which means it still gets outpaced by some of the fast Pokemon in the tier. Its typing, although provides useful resisitances, also has a crippling Dark-type weakness, meaning Mesprit is prone to common Pursuit users such as Drapion and Houndoom. However, Mesprit's versatility and unpredictability ensure that it will remain a common sight in NU.

== Calm Mind ==

Mesprit @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic / Psyshock
    - Thunderbolt / Charge Beam
    - Substitute / Hidden Power [Ground]

Mesprit has access to a boosting move in Calm Mind, which is Mesprit's best way to go the offensive route. Its good bulk and power allow it to attain Calm Mind boosts easily while hitting quite hard. With Calm Mind as the centerpiece of the set, Psychic serves as Mesprit's best STAB, hitting with quite a bit of power. Psyshock, however, gives Mesprit an edge over Regice and Lickilicky. Thunderbolt provides the best overall coverage with Psychic or Psyshock, and does heavy damage to Alomomola if the latter was chosen for STAB. but Charge Beam is also usable to attain more Special Attack boosts. Substitute works well in tandem with Calm Mind, as it allows Mesprit to evade status while grabbing free boosts, while Hidden Power Ground gives Mesprit a way to hit Houndoom, Drapion, and to a lesser extent Skuntank super effectively. The EV spread is fairly straightforward, while Leftovers can be used as a decent form of recovery, but Life Orb is usable is extra power is desirable, but doesn't work well with Substitute.

== Support ==

Mesprit @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave / Toxic
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt / Knock Off

Much like its siblings, Mesprit has a great support movepool, of which it can take perfect advantage of. While Azelf and Uxie are generally superior choices for this role in the higher tiers, Mesprit faces minimal competition in a support role in NU. Stealth Rock is one of the most useful moves in the game, and Mesprit does a solid job at setting up the move thanks to its bulk and resistances. Thunder Wave is useful to paralyze faster opponents, which helps especially if Mesprit is being used on a slow team. Toxic, however, is useful to wear down defensive Pokemon such as Tangela and Alomomola. Psychic gives Mesprit a STAB move to give it an offensive presence. Thunderbolt rounds out coverage against Dark-types, while Knock Off can be useful to neuter Pokemon such as Tangela and Manectric. The EV spread gives Mesprit usable bulk while allowing it to outpace maximum Speed Samurott.

== Choice ==

Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Trick / U-turn

Mesprit can make a viable choice user to either hit hard or fast. A Choice Scarf or Choice Specs is also one of the best ways to patch up either Mesprit's average speed or good Special Attack. Psychic is a good STAB move, with its power, accuracy, and overall reliability. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt form the famed "BoltBeam" combo, hitting a large portion of the tier for neutral damage. Within these three moves, Mesprit has perfect coverage, which makes it relatively hard to wall unless the opponent has a high Special Defense. The last move depends on what item you're using; Trick is useful to cripple defensive Pokemon such as Lickilicky, while U-turn provides Mesprit an escape route from incoming Dark-types. The EV spread maximizes Special Attack and Speed to make use of either Choice item, while a Timid Nature maximizes Speed.

== Other Options ==

As said, Mesprit's movepool is quite expansive, meaning there are plenty of other options it can use. Mesprit has access to both Light Screen and Reflect, allowing it to serve as a Dual Screens user, but is generally outclassed by other Pokemon, such as Musharna and Gardevoir. Mesprit also has access to Rain Dance and Sunny Day, meaning it can support weather based teams fairly well. Trick Room is another useful support move in Mesprit's arsenal, allowing it to support a slow team. Along with these, it has access to Healing Wish to heal weakened teammates at the cost of Mesprit itself. Mesprit can run an Offensive Stealth Rock set, with three attacks and a Life Orb A Choice Scarf lead with Stealth Rock is usable, although Team Preview makes this less desirable. Mesprit has a usable 105 Attack, and can use Zen Headbutt, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and ThunderPunch along with a Choice Band. Energy Ball and Grass Knot have uses against opposing Water and Ground-types. Finally, Shadow Ball and Signal Beam are useful to hit opposing Psychic-types harder, although they don't provide useful coverage otherwise.

== Checks and Counters ==

Houndoom and Drapion are the most notable checks to Mesprit, as they can keep it in a bad position with their Dark STAB, especially Pursuit. Skuntank is in a similar boat, although it is inferior to the aforementioned two. Scyther can check Mesprit rather well and use its Bug STAB to threaten Mesprit, although it can't come in on Ice Beam or Thunderbolt and has a crippling Stealth Rock weakness. Pinsir also works, and can use Mesprit as a free way to a Moxie sweep. Musharna is bulky and can take on most of what Mesprit has to offer aside from the odd Shadow Ball, and can use Calm Mind alongside Musharna; just be wary that it can't do much back. Metang is also a useful check thanks to its typing, and can fire weak Meteor Mashes. Quagsire and Munchlax can take on Calm Mind Mesprit well; the former ignores the boosts entirely while the latter can completely neuter the boosts with Whirlwind. Finally, any strong special wall such as Regice or Lickilicky is a safe bet against Mesprit.[/HIDE]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  2. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Meep! Article Contributor Article Contributor

It's good to see that Mesprit's been finally written up, after five or six people abandoning her. D:

(yes, I see Mesprit as female).

The only suggestion I can make is that you combine the SubCM and offensive CM sets? They play basically the same way, but one sacrifices a coverage move for a Substitute. Think that's worth doing?

I'd mention that Scyther's pretty much dead if it takes a Thunderbolt, as the only way it's gonna survive is if rocks aren't on the field, if memory serves. Eviolite Metang also makes life hell for offensive sets, resisting Psychic 4x and having enough bulk to sponge at least two neutral Thunderbolts (if memory serves).

Other than that, I can't suggest much, as I don't know a lot about Mesprit.

Oh, and you might wanna keep the opinions as opinions, rather than stating them as facts, i.e. the first set is arguably Mesprit's strongest. :3

3. Dzi

Dzi So Nyuh Shi Dae

Mesprit, finally. Huge comments incoming:

General:
    "Obviously the best Pokemon in NU"
    This statement is not a straight fact and I believe is just your opinion. So you should rephrase it as: "Obviously one of the best Pokemon in NU".

"It's got a pretty large movepool with many offensive and support options alike
    These make Mesprit a versatile and strong threat"
    Combine these two phrases.

SubCM:
    Slash Psyshock next to Psychic since it hits the likes of Regice and Lickilicky much harder than Psychic.

Slash Charge Beam next to Thunderbolt since it gives Mesprit a chance to boost its Special Attack

Slash is a different evs spread like: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd or EVs: 156 HP / 156 Def / 196 Spd for more bulk. The first spread is obviously bulkier but the second spread provides some bulk but gives outspeeds Adamant Skuntank.

"Thunderbolt is coverage to smash Drap and Doom, also nails that bitch Alomomola"
    remove the word 'bitch' out of there. D:

Support:
    Slash U-Turn next to Thunderbolt and Knock Off for scouting common switch ins like Skuntank.

Mention Magic Coat on the set comments as it bounces back status moves from the likes of Alomomola, Jumpluff, Vileplume, etc.

"Toxic works too though to wear down Mola and other stuff"
    "Bold and max defense investment 'cause it's taking on Sawk and stuff"
    remove stuff, replace the first stuff with "other leads like Rhydon, Piloswine, Torkoal and replace the second stuff with Primeape and Emboar.

Choice:
    Slash Psyshock next to Psychic.

Slash in Modest nature next to Timid.

Other Options:
    Move the Dual screens here.

Slash Grass Knot next to Energy Ball.

Signal Beam

ResTalk set with Calm Mind a Psychic.

Checks and Counters:
    This might be surprising but Shedinja can switch into the SubCM and Choice sets easily.

slash Unaware Swoobat next to Quagsire.

"Pokemon with strong special defense"
    continue this statement and make it: Pokemon with Strong Special Defense like Lickilicky, Regice and Audino.

Important:
    I agree with Spoovo to combine the SubCM and Offensive Calm Mind sets

Move the dual screens set to the Other Options section as there are better Dual Screen Users like Meganium and Gardevoir.

Add more explanations on the set comments for every set since most of your comments are very short and limited.

On the Checks and Counters section, don't just mention names, mention also how they can counter or check Mesprit and what particular set/move do they fear (ex. like what Spoovo said, Scythe can't take a Thunderbolt so it needs to be careful about switching into it.)

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  4. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

Haunter can be listed as a counter:

SubDisable set stops Psychic moves
    Haunter can outspeed, with or without scarf. (Can outspeed only scarf Mesprit with Scarf itself)

I'd also mention Mesprit has 105 Base stats for everything except Speed and HP. That underlines Mesprit's usefulness both offensive and defensively.

5. AmourShipper

PO Trainer Name:
    AmourShipper
    Thanks for the suggestions, I implemented them in. Also, about the opinions and stuff, I removed them, but no worries though because I usually remove them when I write analyses up. (They show up in skeletons just for, but I get rid of them in write-ups, basically)

6. emac

emac Emad

I think that support mesprit needs more speed than that. Max speed+hp with the support moves is great to have on an offensive team.

7. The Real Elmo

The Real Elmo Caterpie hungers...

does max speed do anything important, Emac?

The most speed I've ever run on a standard mesprit is just Timid 176 to outspeed Jolly Samurott.
    I prefer having the extra bulk than outspeeding say, Neutral Max Skuntank, who you're going to have to predict around anyways
    Of course, I shoot for different speed tiers on the scarf set.

8. AmourShipper

PO Trainer Name:
    AmourShipper
    Hi this is written, js.

9. Arceus_17

Arceus_17 Avoid eye contact

PO Trainer Name:
    [Brief]A_17
    Trick Room should be worth a set, imo. Though it receives competition from Beheeymen in that role, Mesprit has more bulk and a better movepool, namely Healing Wish, BoltBeam and U-Turn.

10. Dzi

Dzi So Nyuh Shi Dae

Aside from Beheeyem, Musharna is also an amazing trick room user. Musharna is a lot bulkier and slower than Mesprit, reliable recovery move and can support a lot of sweepers like Crawdaunt. Overall, I just think Musharna is a better Trick Room user/abuser. :I

11. The Real Elmo

The Real Elmo Caterpie hungers...

Imo OO is a fine place for the TR mention. Like Dzi said, Mesprit gets a lot of competition from Beheeyem and Musharna for a TR mon. It also cannot underspeed common NU mons like Piloswine (Mesprit can only hit 148 Speed) making it inferior to its TR competition imo.

Good writeup. Sorry for any waiting ScraftyIsTheBest D:
    Approved

12. Epikhairz

Epikhairz Delta Stream

PO Trainer Name:
    Epikhairz
    Erm...one of my favorite Mesprit TR sets that sets it apart from other TR users such as Beheeyem is that late-game, he can set up Trick Room and then use Healing Wish to give a previously weakened slow powerhouse a chance to sweep lategame (and often take the win).

13. meeps

meeps Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    meeps
    trick room in all is not that great in NU, while Mesprit is a good TR setter, it's not worthy of its own set

also, add 3 attacks + SR with LO, in OO. case and i have had great success with that set, other than that it looks good

Approved

14. Dzi

Dzi So Nyuh Shi Dae

Approved.

15. Incon

Incon I feel incapable of seeing the end.

Approved! About time we get Mesprit on the wiki.

16. Dzi

Dzi So Nyuh Shi Dae

bump.

17. Spoovo The Pirate

I'll get this wikified in the morning if no one else wants to... maybe.

18. AmourShipper

PO Trainer Name:
    AmourShipper
    I'll take the libery of uploading this. Doing so atm.

EDIT: Done.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  19. Spoovo The Pirate

updated

{{Header}}
    {{Tier|BW2 NU}}

{{Comments|Mesprit is heralded as one of, if not the best Pokemon in NU. It got the short end of the stick in comparison to its pixie siblings (who are LU and UU, respectively), however don't count it out just yet! Mesprit has pretty balanced stats in all areas, and although pure Psychic typing is hardly unique in NU, it's got a pretty large movepool with many offensive and support options alike. This makes Mesprit a versatile and strong threat.

Mesprit can be almost anything, from a bulky attacker to a surprise Scarfer to a supporter. Levitate also comes in useful for protecting the little pixie from Spikes and Earthquakes. It only really minds Stealth Rock damage, which only hits for neutral anyway.

However, being a pure Psychic-type has a big downside when some of the tier's other top threats are prominent Dark-types, like Houndoom and Absol. Being weak to Sucker Punch and Pursuit makes things difficult sometimes. Its base 80 Speed isn't great either, being outrun by a lot of the tier. It is good enough to function in NU however, and Mesprit will almost always find some use on the team, with so much utility at its disposal.

At the end of the day, Mesprit is, and always will be, one of NU's big threats. Underestimate it if you dare.}}

{{Set|Calm Mind|
    Mesprit @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute / Hidden Power Ground
    - Psychic / Psyshock
    - Thunderbolt / Charge Beam}}

{{Comments|Mesprit can run many sets, but offensive Calm Mind is arguably its most threatening, packing serious power and versatility in very little time. Its middling base 80 Speed is patched up by going Timid with max investment, hitting a decent 284, and its natural bulk gives it plenty of chances to set up. After only one or two Calm Mind boosts, Mesprit is a serious threat, with very few things able to wall it once set up.

Substitute and Calm Mind go together very well, with Substitute blocking status and acting as a buffer against priority, all the while freeing up setup room, with the Leftovers constantly healing Mesprit up and making it even harder to deal with. Substitute can be swapped out for Hidden Power Ground if you need coverage on Drapion, Houndoom and Skuntank however, as Mesprit packs enough power to threaten them with it.

The Psychic STAB in slot 3 depends on what your intentions are. Psychic hits slightly harder on average, but if you find yourself in a lot of Calm Mind wars, or up against special walls like Lickilicky, Psyshock may serve you better, hitting on the physical side and breaking into special walls more easily. Special walls are somewhat rare in NU though, so Psychic is the primary listing.

Lastly, Thunderbolt and Charge Beam inhabit slot 4. Both are for coverage, however Thunderbolt hits harder while Charge Beam can let Mesprit stack up yet more Special Attack boosts. Alomomola is a good target for both moves, as the big fish annoys most teams with its walling prowess. A boosted Thunderbolt will put an end to that.}}

{{Set|Support|
    Mesprit @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave / Toxic
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt / Knock Off}}

{{Comments|While Musharna gives Mesprit heavy competition for this role, Mesprit differentiates itself by being faster than molasses, having access to the coveted Stealth Rock, and also not fearing Spikes or Toxic Spikes. The differences aren't huge, but Mesprit's great overall bulk allows it to check big physical threats like Sawk and Primeape efficiently.

That access to Stealth Rock is fully abused in slot 1, and Mesprit's bulk allows it plenty of time to use it. Thunder Wave and Toxic are in slot 2, both with intentions of crippling. Thunder Wave stops fast pokemon like the aforementioned Sawk from sweeping, while Toxic breaks into walls like Tangela and Alomomola. Thunder Wave is listed first because Mesprit has enough power to threaten most walls in the tier even without investment, due to the tier's lack of dedicated special walls.

Psychic in slot 3 is the obligatory STAB, hitting all that don't resist for heavy damage, even uninvested. Thunderbolt and Knock Off in slot 4 are coverage and utility, respectively. Thunderbolt has decent neutrality alongside Psychic, with little resisting both moves, while Knock Off can remove hold items from targets. In a tier infested by Leftovers and Eviolite reliant tanks, Knock Off comes in very useful on occasion.

Physically defensive is used because Mesprit wants to tank as many hits from the likes of Sawk as possible. Specially defensive can be done instead, but this also leaves Mesprit vulnerable to Pursuit trappers like Houndoom, who Mesprit wants to maximise its chances at beating. Thunder Wave and physically defensive optimise its chances. Another alternative that can be used would be U-turn in slot 4, as that will minimise the damage from Pursuit, should it hit, and it also provides valuable scouting. A Relaxed nature can be considered to give U-turn slightly more of a punch, if you want.

{{Set|Choice|
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Trick / U-turn}}

{{Comments|Mesprit makes a deceptively good user of the Choice Specs (or Scarf), with its great balance of bulk and power letting it function well in both situations. Its speed is salvageable, at a base 80, but the NU tier works with much less all the time.

The Choice Specs is the first listed of the two hold items because it helps Mesprit stand out most from its Psychic-type rivals in the tier. If you're using the Choice Specs, a Modest nature can also be considered, while Scarf Mesprit always wants to be Timid to take as much advantage of its Speed boost as possible. The EVs are the same as the first set, maxing out the Speed and Special Attack while the remaining 4 are dropped into HP for filler.

Psychic makes a repeat appearance in slot 1, being Mesprit's go-to attack. As long as there aren't any Dark-types lurking around to soak it up, Mesprit's STAB Psychic can put heavy dents into all that don't resist.

Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are brilliant coverage options in slots 2 and 3, packing the infamous 'boltbeam' coverage while hitting appropriate threats hard, like Altaria and Alomomola for respective examples. Trick in slot 4 can help Mesprit cripple a wall by giving it an unwanted choice item. Lickilicky and Munchlax would be among the best choices for a target, as they can just about fend off Specs Mesprit, but can't handle being given a Choice item. If Trick doesn't appeal, maybe U-turn will instead, acting as a simple, reliable scouting option.}}

{{Options|Among the most notable of Mesprit's alternative options would be its physical prowess. Its Attack stat is just as good as its Special Attack, and it has a wide physical movepool, including Zen Headbutt and the Elemental Punches among other things, not to mention giving U-turn much more of a punch. Physical Scarf and Choice Band sets aren't unheard of. Unmentioned options on the special side include Shadow Ball for helping break Misdreavus, and Energy Ball or Grass Knot, which can be niche attacks against the likes of Seismitoad.

Mesprit can set up many field effects for the team, including Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Trick Room, dual screens and even Gravity, however note that the latter will cancel out its Levitate, and perhaps work against it in the long run.}}

{{Checks|The first port of call for answering Mesprit would be Dark-types like Houndoom and Drapion. They pack just enough bulk to come in safely, especially on Mesprit's STABs, and threaten with the classic 'checkmate' combination of Pursuit and Sucker Punch. Mesprit can escape if it plays well, but more often than not, the checkmate will beat it. Skuntank and Absol both fall into this category too, however they're more frail, and can't switch in so safely.

Scyther can't come into a Thunderbolt, but if it can get in safely, it can punish Mesprit with a U-turn or Bug Bite. Pinsir is also in a very similar boat, not wanting to take a hit but easily able to threaten. Note that neither pokemon want to be hit by a Thunder Wave either.

Musharna would likely win in a Calm Minding war due to its access to reliable recovery in Moonlight, but against non Calm Minding sets, it'll just find itself useless.

Metang can also tank about anything Mesprit can throw, however its complete lack of recovery will wear it down over time. This applies to most things with good special bulk but no recovery, such as Regice. Quagsire deserves a mention in spite of its meagre special bulk, due to its ability in Unaware letting it ignore Calm Mind boosts. Quagsire will need Waterfall to effectively threaten Calm Mind Mesprit however.}}

{{footer}}