1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2] sand veil/snow cloak

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Side Metagames' started by bambi, May 16, 2013.

1. bambi

bambi Member

PO Trainer Name:
    bambi
    i started this thread cause i can't complain about swagger+foul play while using sand veil, what i won't do anymore:rolleyes:.
    while sand veil/snow cloak is banned in almost every tier, its still allowed in monogen, for i think, no reason, expect it makes gen4 slightly more usable.

2. Scene

Scene reverie

ban this shennanigans

gotta keep the consistency

3. sulcata

sulcata stéphane curry best waifu Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

I see no reason to ban this unless it proves to be an incredibly broken ability. We do not ban abilities (or anything for that matter) for consistencies nor do we ban them because of hax.

On a side note it also isn't banned from Monocolour nor Clear Skies (although lol no perma-weather for either ability).

4. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

There isn't much opportunity to take care of sand veil and snow cloak. The only thing I can think on it is Froslass + Abomasnow combo. And that's not too broken, since Froslass isn't... exactly the durable type. (Is Cacturne and Hippowodon viable, or are they different gens?)

5. bambi

bambi Member

PO Trainer Name:
    bambi
    gliscor and hippo. and it works decent. and yes, cacturne is gen3

6. Xdevo

Xdevo Phrasing Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

Well, this would let us free Garchomp...

I could see why this a a larger deal than people like, especially since this metagame is played mostly in Tours where one miss can mean that you are out. The only generation this is a problem for is gen 4 with Frosslass, Mamo, and Glaceon, and Garchomp (currently banned) and Gliscor. I guess gen 2 has Donphan too. I don't see why this should remain if we are going down the "competitive" argument route.

7. sulcata

sulcata stéphane curry best waifu Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

If we banned things for being "competitive", we would have universal bans on Quick Claw, Bright Powder, Swagger, and so on. For better or for worse, the tiers generally don't ban something for being luck based. If the luck is game breaking and wins games nearly without fail, then a ban would be put into place.