1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[POWC] Pokemon Online World Cup [Quarterfinals]

Discussion in 'Official Tournaments' started by The Dude, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

Wait, because one rough jackass broke the rules you punish the whole team??? WTF

Just let bandn play the fucking match and ban jason.

2. Halsey

Halsey Wildstar

PO Trainer Name:
    Kat
    This is also the 3rd time your team gets caught cheating / trying to cheat in this tournament!

3. Laurel

Laurel Well-Known Member

Hikari i dont want to argue because thatll get nowhere i just want to state some facts for the sake defending my teams integrity. To be fair celestial phantom was trying to prove ninjamonkey was bri for atleast a week but had no proof, i tried ip checking through various means and was never able to connect ninjamonkey ip to bri due to proxies. Not to mention the person who put Bri on the team was Jason so it wasnt the team who cheated it was Jason, who knew it was Bri the whole time. Also, when cp had proof it was bri he was dropped from the team. Furthermore, if youre going go bash on us for Bri you guys had donkey the delivery man soo. To conclude though, the only person on our team who tried to cheat was Jason and it is completely unfair to try and punish us for his actions. Its not like the team collectively tried to cheat. For an example for those of you who know baseball when a player is cheating (using steroids) the player is punished not the unknowing team. /:

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  4. ]V[X

]V[X Mx

Hard decision.

Too bad the whole team is punished for the actions of two clowns.

From what I read, the cheater played vs a server moderator, he could easily consult the ip/alt and immediately talk with the captain of this player.

I would completely agree with the decision if the captain of the team was the one who sent him to cheat, otherwise it's harsh to punish the entire team.

When I join LA team the roster was already done and I was the one who cared most about the team so I became captain, I had to work with that roster and a lot of players in there don't give a damn about the team, that's why i get rid of 10 of them and maybe we end our participation with less than the half we begin with.

That's why i would only ban those players who cheated, but that's only my humble opinion.

5. IFM

IFM HODOR HODOR HODOR

Ya except I didnt know jack about this whole situation or the ninja monkey bullshit. Dont try to pin the crimes of another on the team when Jason is clearly at fault for this situation.

6. Samphire

Samphire Too much hard work!

I can understand your madness, but do we really have need for this? The ONLY battle that was affected was the Luck>Skill vs. Bandn one. If us TDs had said, the whole team is automatically disqualified, I would understand your outcry, but we did not. It is not the TD's fault that said match was a decider, and for it to be a decider hinges upon how that team was playing in the first place to get into that situation.

Our decision stands even though you consider it 'harsh'. I suggest that we move on from this before attitudes in here go downhill. I can see it coming.

7. Laurel

Laurel Well-Known Member

Im not going to argue with you because i'll only get in trouble but you cant say its our fault we lost to put us in that situation. Everyone on the team tried there hardest, and hax + bad team matchups r out of our control, the only tier that was them completely owning was vs me. Ill end there, and for the last time i respect ur decision, but i flat disagree with it. Have a nice day c:

8. Kyrk

Kyrk KACAW

PO Trainer Name:
    RTG
    Sucks to end this way, but glad I was able to at least contribute 1 battle.

Shoutouts:
    Froggy for helping build a kick-ass team so my team didn't have to sweat bullets battling my skilled opponent with a randomly-generated team like I usually do 99% of the time. I feel bad that you never had the chance to battle since you're one of the best UU players around.
    Celestial Phantom for being the hardest worker on the team, despite only being co-captain. Also glad you were able to let me play.
    IFM, while not being the most active captain, you wrecked all of our opponents in the tour without breaking a sweat.
    Ump for being an awesome cheerleader for me and the rest of the team, as well as being a strong battler to boot.
    Iris for being the most patriotic supporter of the team and reminding me of the priceless moment when you smashed Eternal in NU with an NEU team last year.
    AustinXhensl for being a chill guy and a versatile battler, although being the founder of the "I Hate Eternal Club" and wanting his head on a stick to send a message to US East is a little excessive.
    Rusl for being the strongest RBY player, despite his record in the POWC saying otherwise. Also sorry for forgetting you. :)
    The majority of the rest of my teammates for just being awesome battlers and people in general that have supported each other throughout the tournament.
    The tournament directors for running this tournament and having to deal with this tournament drama. You guys made this year's POWC at least several times better than last year's.

Shitouts:
    Jasonpwn for being the turd in the US Central punchbowl, being a dick to his teammates, and trying to cheat not only once, but twice thrice against or in front of fucking mods, resulting in the team being DQ'd. How you became the second co-captain of the team is one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
    Siu, while a funny guy and a great battler, you still agreed to one of Jason's schemes, which on my list of things that aren't okay, that's definitely not okay.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  9. ShowMeTheMankey

ShowMeTheMankey savage

if a player gets a red card you can't bring on a sub to replace him, you play with ten men.

Or something, I forgot what point I was trying to make.

10. Rusl

Rusl Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Rusl
    Kyrk why you no shout me or for being the most calm rby ou player ever. 4-6 record was terrible etc so I can understand lol

11. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Jason isn't only part of the team, but he (was) the co-captain on Team Central!

Not that I had anything against Central, (hell, I was friendly with a good portion of their roster)
    I feel sorry for 9/10th of them and know that it mainly consists of good people, but...you're only as strong as your weakest link (yeah, that also means I make east pretty damn weak!!)
    One Co-Captain (and player who didn't refuse) caust you guys a chance, that's life sometimes.
    And outside of this, Jason and SIU are pretty nice people. We all make mistakes.

12. Laurel

Laurel Well-Known Member

Idk Shake personally, and Jason is a great person, and he has helped me out through some very hard times, but because of two peoples lapses in judgement the whole team should not be penalized... but i've argued my case already, and nothing well change so whatever.

PS: Shake also didn't care about POWC, and was bored so he battled. >.< And Jason was only fake cocaptain because IFM v.v

13. carlo.

carlo. New Member

btw me and phetto would like to play ifm. i can understand your feelings, but now you make it look like you would have easily won 5-4 and all our wins except rse depended on hax and matchup (???). we don't like this ending either, so what about playing the remaining games anyways?

14. Laurel

Laurel Well-Known Member

We are not arguing that we would have won the other match ups, but we'll never know because of this. Even if we are given UU rematch we could lose lol. This just does not give us a chance.

15. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf Active Member

Defeated Flygon Jinn 1-0 in our first match in a gg, we'll play the second on Sunday

edit: nah you didnt, I was saccing the flying thing, if you SD before attacking you die to Rough Skin or Sucker Punch+LO

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  16. Dr. Fomantis Toboggan

Dr. Fomantis Toboggan man in the couch

I'm real sorry team, I choked.

Edit: I know, sd would have been dumb. I was supposed to stone edge and that would've won it.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  17. BLUFF GOD

BLUFF GOD eat an apple day sed,,

jasonPWNS

18. Blind Pilot

Blind Pilot New Member

In the meantime... Still nothing from Jackal.

19. ]V[X

]V[X Mx

I wasn't very active this week with my players, sadly due to ego problems between the team members (particularly two of them), DOLANTHANDRE(México) and Elmanzano(Chile) quit the team.
    But all the chilean players quit with him, not sure if sasukeNF quit too, but -PkmTrainerBlue told me this players quit too(Frz, Kruzes, Mafiozo, -PkmTrainerBlue).

Since the moment i saw the roster i knew this could happen, anyway, I will still battle with the remaining players and have the same mentality, I aim for nothing less than the first place.

The line-up is going to change:

Ubers = pending (maybe ||Vallejo||)
    BW OU = CyberOdin all three battles
    BW UU = Groudon Ramsay all three battles
    BW LU = DarkThunder all three battles
    BW NU = pendiente
    HGSS = Carloo all three battles (This can change if sasukeNF and Kennen give signs of life, but at the moment Carloo is the main player)
    ADV = Joga all three battles
    GSC = Mx' all three battles
    RBY = Raichy all three battles

Ánimo muchachos no se den por vencidos que yo no lo haré!

Confío mucho en todos los que quedan, denlo todo y no se arrepientan de nada.

Espero mañana podamos reunirnos todos, sino jueguen cuando puedan y miren este video antes de sus batallas:

[video=youtube;MBzFTPyxRCk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBzFTPyxRCk[/video]

No somos muchos, pero somos machos!

A por ellos!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  20. Froggy

Froggy Active Member

Honestly, we lost to luck either way so i dont think jason being a dumb ass (which he is) made to much difference. Our first mistake was in putting a good yet rusty/ inexperienced uu player in our line up.... that might have been flat out one of the most under thought ideas considering how many strong uu players we have on our team.

My feelings of being eliminated - i dont care, I was not a part of this team and feel i had no contribution. You can only be told by you (co-idiot) jason, and you leading uu dumb ass so many you suck before you dont give a shit. I find it funny thought that the ENTIRE season i continually warned people that siu was not taking this serious, and was probably going to screw us over, no one listend and look what happened BUT funny thing is everyone will overlook what he did and honestly i prolly will to considering i still respect him even though he is not a uu player (I am 4-1 against him this season and i suck) He actually is a cool dude just needs to be more serious when supporting a team.

This being said, I have alot of great friends on USC that i dont want to shit on w nasty comments, just dont get to down guys and remember we did get outplayed. We had a good season and their is always next year!

also KYRK <3 dude your great, I swear your the only person who listens to me bitch all the time on this team! Your my UU buddy and i feel like we have gotten to be great friends recently! lets keep it that way ^^

I would also like to challenge Luck>Skill to a Wifi UU battle (unofficial) but not a throw random shit together and play, a serious battle. I want to see how i would have held up if i would have had a shot. This is 100% up to him, if he declines its ok, i get it.

21. viamage

viamage That one guy

I HATE HATE HATE seing cheating anywhere especially pokemon, we all love the game because it's enjoyable, and taking the enjoyment out just to win a match on an online tour so you have the potential to win just so you can brag when you do? how can you see any fulfillment and satisfaction out of that

22. Rusl

Rusl Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Rusl
    Froggy you are like Mr. Miyagi and I'm like some random kid at the other dojo. You and pkftmfw are the only two besides Kyrk I talked too outside and battled after week one. Celestial was a fair and work hard captain, HODOR was busy but always achieved, and Jason was Jason. MURICA will rise again. If PO survives gen 6 (there won't even be sprite data to import ;-; gl programmers), I think our team should have an open policy with tryout battles each week. Anyway keep wrecking in uu and I will reladder nu to number 50 again.

Shoutouts to bacon, guns, and women.

23. 'SasukeNF

'SasukeNF Chilean Player

Sorry i had Roo much to do this week, but now i am free... I am not going Too quit i will play between today and tomorrow

24. Texas Cloverleaf

Jut noting that I've been in constant contact with bbb regarding rby. Jackal has been very busy with work but if I haven't heard anything by the time I return tonight I will sub him for joshe. Blind pilot, feel free to contact him, irc will be the most effective way though he works until 5 PM today iirc

25. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Luck>Skill
    Meet me at #Tohjo Falls if real

26. Tyrano

Tyrano Member

So if mafiozo quit, i don't have opponent for the moment. I'll wait then, but I hope this get resolved soon.

27. Stone_Cold22

Stone_Cold22 Member

me and the captain exchanged pm's. i'll be on IMP throughout the day since he said thats where i can catch him. so we'll see.

28. BingBongBaller

BingBongBaller Member

just found out i wont be on at 5 pm today bc family dont tell me shit about when we're going somewhere x.x

29. DarkThunder~

DarkThunder~ Argentina

por eso es q ya ni participaba en ese grupo de skype, algunos latinos no valen ni para acompañarlos.

como sea no los abandonare, sigo en pie y juego con mis rivales a partir de mañana.

30. Maxedofhaxed

Maxedofhaxed they don't call me maxedofhaxed for nothing

server restarted in middle of pk vs meowmix

31. NAVIDAD PIRATE

NAVIDAD PIRATE THE PLEASURE OF BEING CUMMED INSIDE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    16:28 MeowMixx hey so
    16:28 MeowMixx what do we do lol
    16:28 PKGaming lmao
    16:29 PKGaming server resets as we play
    16:29 PKGaming i'm game for a rematch with same teams
    16:29 MeowMixx mmkay
    16:29 MeowMixx we can't really replay moves
    16:29 MeowMixx since crit gyro ball
    16:29 PKGaming yeah
    16:29 PKGaming its not big deal
    16:29 MeowMixx mmkay
    16:29 PKGaming soooo
    16:29 PKGaming groudon's grotto
    16:29 PKGaming is a good server
    16:30 PKGaming lets play there
    16:30 MeowMixx right now?
    16:30 MeowMixx that sounds like a plan
    16:30 PKGaming yeah

replaying on grotto now

32. CyberOdin

CyberOdin Active Member

Mañana ando jugando vs todos mis rivales. Buenas y a ganar equipo !!

33. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    MeowMix got off to a great start when we played on PO.
    Then, PO restarted and they played on grotto.
    Got off to a horrible start and barely lost.
    Yes, I'm mad.

34. Texas Cloverleaf

lol really finch? i though pk had the advantage when the server restart :p

gj pk :)

35. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Even if he had an "advantage" (which I don't think he did,) it was much worse for Meow after the second start.

36. NAVIDAD PIRATE

NAVIDAD PIRATE THE PLEASURE OF BEING CUMMED INSIDE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    yeah I lost, gg pk

37. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Member

Yeah i'm not going to lie, I basically robbed that game after the server restart.

GGs regardless, sorry about the hax.

38. Gol D. Roger

Gol D. Roger Key to Progression

PO Trainer Name:
    Gol D. Roger
    I am very, very ashamed of our team, specifically Jason's, conduct this year. I tried very hard to improve and get a chance to play, which unfortunately I never earned, but I also helped a bunch of the USC guys build teams and tried to be a reliable sounding board for them to bounce ideas off of. It saddens me that the effort of everyone involved now ends up wasted by the unnecessary, desparate, and downright stupid actions of a single co-captain and his conspirator. We all tried our best guys, shoutout to froggy and ump for being total bros. Sorry I couldn't be here this week as much as I wanted to.

Go East! You guys deserve it. Finch, you might be OK at OU after all ;P United States>All!

39. iris

iris Member

in no way did he have an advantage, and im on your team

40. Texas Cloverleaf

Lol I thought he was in a good spot to begin to pressure meowmix for his endgame plan, but I don't play UU so take all of that with a grain of salt :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.