1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemon with only Self Koing moves in CC 1v1

Discussion in 'Bug Wasteland' started by tsuike, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsuike

tsuike Member

I had a battle in a tournament of cc 1v1 where I got a bonsly with only Psych Up, Block, Self Destruct and Explosion. I know this doesn't seem like a bug per se, but in a randomized tier, especially in a tournament, it's supposed to be "Possible" to win a match.

My argument is, while even though Caterpie vs Kyurem-B may not be fair, it's still "Possible" To win, through crits, misses, status and the like. Especially if your opponent's pokes are randomized too. However, in a self ko clause tournament, getting a pokemon that only knows self koing moves means that there is no way to win. You could attempt to struggle out the other pokemon possibly, but that counts on the EXTREMELY low probability that they don' have a move that can hit you at all, which is rather unlikely unless you're a shedinja.

tldr; Is there a way to, in the event of that happening in a TOURNAMENT that the game would recognize a forced loss situation and randomly pick another pokemon? (6v6 or wifi 1v1 mitigates this somewhat, but since it happened in cc1v1, where you have no control, it's possible to happen again.)

Log:

Battle between MayIsSoHawt and Tsuike started!

Tier: CC 1v1
    Mode: Singles
    Rule: Unrated
    Rule: Challenge Cup
    Rule: Self-KO Clause

MayIsSoHawt sent out Gallade!
    Tsuike sent out Bonsly!
    Tsuike: ...
    Tsuike: ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
    MayIsSoHawt: lol shitty moves on my part too
    Prince LudwigVKoopa is watching the battle.
    Tsuike: My attacking moves: Self destruct and explosion
    Prince LudwigVKoopa: whoo
    Tsuike: Po
    Tsuike: Hates me
    MayIsSoHawt: lolz i have future sight no the other hand
    Tsuike: So much
    MayIsSoHawt: D:
    Tsuike: I attack, I die
    Ð¥ƝƓƎɃ is watching the battle.
    Ð¥ƝƓƎɃ stopped watching the battle.
    Tsuike: THe only way I can win
    Ð¥ƝƓƎɃ is watching the battle.
    Thrillho is watching the battle.
    Tsuike: Is if I do enough damage
    Ð¥ƝƓƎɃ stopped watching the battle.

Start of turn 1
    Bonsly used Explosion!
    Bonsly fainted!
    Prince LudwigVKoopa: pew
    The foe's Gallade lost 100% of its health!
    The foe's Gallade fainted!

The Self-KO Clause acted as a tiebreaker.
    MayIsSoHawt won the battle!
    MayIsSoHawt: Yeee, I won a cookie!
    Tsuike: gg
    MayIsSoHawt: yay
    Thrillho: lel self-ko clause
    MayIsSoHawt: lol

2. Scene

Scene reverie

You get the same thing with Snore as well. It's a little irritating, but that's the way CC works. Might be nice to see a reclassification of what an attacking move is (maybe one STAB move per pokemon? Just a thought).

3. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

Perhaps this matter is something that should be looked into. That Bonsly pretty much had a death sentence put on it and the set seems pretty... not so good. .-.

4. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

If we start making sure each pokemon gets a good move, or a move they can attack with, or a recovery move, or a move to deal with a common threat, or an item that works with that pokemon, etc. Then we'd be recreating Battle Factory under a different name.

It's the nature of the tier, the Pokemon are randomized, with a little assistance in level balancing to help NFEs compete easier, other than that, its supposed to be random and its supposed to be Challenging to win.

While it sucks you happened to draw a poor set, there are absolutely no guarantees with challenge cup and making it "possible" to win a match with each pokemon would seriously skew the balance. How would you balance it so a Caterpie could kill a Kyurem, but still have that Kyurem be able to hold its own against something like a Kyogre or Scizor?

5. tsuike

tsuike Member

I'm not saying completely redo the entire game, I'm just saying if the game can recognize a no win situation(Only self koing moves, attacks you can't possibly use) it would redraw from the team, I'm not saying try to balance it so a caterpie could win that battle with the kyurem, I'm saying if a person gets only self koing moves, it would redraw.

6. tsuike

tsuike Member

I wouldn't say do that, I'm saying that if misses and hax came into play, the possibility is there. Look at it from a different perspective, lets make the match a rated match.

In that case, the person who started the match, would instantly lose points unless the person sitting across from him agreed to a draw, which I can tell you after playing here for a while, is not going to happen at all. That is completely unfair and unbalanced, it is a FORCED LOSS, no matter how you look at it, the player has nothing to do but accept defeat. Don't fix the match ups, fix the moves that are called. Don't make it so everything gets one stabbed move, make it so that in CC 1v1, and in that tier only, if a poke gets ONLY self koing moves as damaging moves, The game would redraw the poke, thus preventing the forced loss match up. It's even okay to have nothing but moves that can't hit the opponent, because the same possibility resides on the other side, resulting in a struggle out(which is quite common in cc 1v1 tournaments, I might add.) Don't just blow me off because you think I want to add fairness and balance to the tier, that is not my intention. I just want to prevent the forced loss due to self ko situation from happening again.

7. coyotte508

coyotte508 Well-Known Member Administrator Server Owner Administrator Server Owner

This is a server problem, the server could generate its own 1v1 pokemon if it wanted before the battle. This isn't a simulator problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.