1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Sports] (Assoc) Football talk

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zzyzx Road, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Fegelein

Fegelein The Mechanic

PO Trainer Name:
    Fegelein
    Take a look at Shevchenko's move to Chelsea. He was exceptional before, but his career took a nosedive upon his move.

2. Arceus_17

Arceus_17 Avoid eye contact

PO Trainer Name:
    [Brief]A_17
    We're selling the entire fucking team and no good players coming so far ._.
    I hope Oblak fucks up in Madrid >.>

3. Kumiho

Kumiho Silhouettes

PO Trainer Name:
    Kumiho
    Why would you hope that a player who served your club to the best of his ability will "fuck up". That's kind of classless, just saying. Don't blame a player who wants to simply further his career.

4. Arceus_17

PO Trainer Name:
    [Brief]A_17
    I always wish the best to the players who served my club well and were always respectul and greateful to the club which gave them a place to shine in Europe. There's countless examples of great football players and great men which passed to my club and left to "bigger" ones: David Luiz, Angel Di Maria; Fabio Coentrão, Ramires, Markovic, Matic etc, etc, etc.
    Unfortunately, Oblak's classless attitudes doesn't make him one of them and therefore I can't wish nothing good professionally for that boy.

5. Kumiho

Kumiho Silhouettes

PO Trainer Name:
    Kumiho
    He still helped your club win the league title and 2 domestic trophies, so.....yea. Luis Suarez is a shithead and Liverpool fans still loved him before he left because he helped the team win. What happened to being the bigger man, lol. I don't follow Benfica too closely, so I can't say what he did to make you dislike him. But I don't think any professional footballer deserves bad wishes from fans.

6. Fegelein

Fegelein The Mechanic

PO Trainer Name:
    Fegelein
  7. Jalmont

Jalmont nothere

Bale didn't flop. Madrid won the champions league and he was actually quite good when he wasn't injured

You could maybe make the argument that he wasn't as magical when he was at Spurs, but then again he is in a lineup filled with probably the most talented soccer players on the planet. He was never worth the ludicrous amount of money Madrid paid for him, but no one is worth that much money. Maybe he's not a success yet, but he's definitely not a flop.

@Kumiho you must not be an arsenal fan (v. persie, nasri, adebayor...)

it seems like the "dream team" was voted by the public (i think that's what a fifa.com club member is???). in any case that's a pretty unsurprising list to be fair. i mean let's be honest, who is the average person going to pick, the very noticeable and recognizable david luiz, or the one and only stefan de vrij? bruno martins india did you say? and so on..

8. Fegelein

Fegelein The Mechanic

PO Trainer Name:
    Fegelein
    I've not seen one player get more bad press than David Luiz in this World Cup. There have been disappointments, there have been flops and there has been David Luiz. I understand mainstream appeal, but when your mainstream exposure has been consistent backlash, I cannot justify the reasoning for choosing David Luiz over Daley Blind or Stefan De Vrij.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  9. Kumiho

Kumiho Silhouettes

PO Trainer Name:
    Kumiho
    @Michu I like watching good football. I'm not gonna wish for bad things to happen to good football players, lol. Or any player, for that matter. Players make their decisions and you move on. What's the point in being sour over it. Makes no sense to me.

10. Enei

Enei WAFSTB

everyone wants to be able to blame someone for their country losing.

11. Nikhil

Nikhil INDIAN POWER: INFINITE

PO Trainer Name:
    Nikhil Parasanalli
    Well, Robben is old as fk. And even though he is good, he will able to give Man U only 1-2 good seasons. And btw, why would he leave BAYERN MUNICH?
    Shaqiri is not that great ,trust me. That's why Rodgers opted for Markovic.
    BALE was no flop. He scored 22 goals and made 15 assists. That's no joke tbh.

12. Fegelein

Fegelein The Mechanic

PO Trainer Name:
    Fegelein
    Luiz constantly endangered his team's goal mouth by making reckless, lemming-like charges towards the Germans, allowing the Germans to systematically destroy their defensive line. There is good reason why Luiz was singled out in particular for his performance.

Also, with your logic, it seems that you're suggesting that Luiz should not be on the XI either. You're essentially saying he's a scapegoat, so why on earth would he be nominated in the first place?

13. Jalmont

Jalmont nothere

david luiz isn't a defender and the sooner people realize this the better

@Kumiho because it's very disrespectful and a big "fuk u" to the fans when they go back on a promise, leave for a rival/more money, deceitful in any way etc - also for things like this:

14. Fegelein

Fegelein The Mechanic

PO Trainer Name:
    Fegelein
    With Thiago Silva gone, he should have taken initiative in Brazil's already weakened defence. Instead, he crippled it, again and again.

15. Arceus_17

PO Trainer Name:
    [Brief]A_17
    [​IMG]
    epic 0-2 reaction
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Arceus_17

PO Trainer Name:
    [Brief]A_17
    Bayern plays excellently but we actually managed to pull up a fight.

17. Rubbish Player

Rubbish Player New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Rubbish Player
    Leicester will probably win the league tonight.