1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[BW2] July / August Wifi NU Tier / Potential Suspect Discussion

Discussion in 'Gen 5 NU' started by Finchinator, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

I personally wouldn't use a rest Dusclops without cleric support, since rest talk would need too much support imo, so a set of Pain Split/WoW/Night Shade/EQ would still be manageable. Especially with Wish support; hell you could just pair it with specially defensive Alomomola and get instant results, probably. Licki would be a great partner too. I mean, you only really use a ghost to spin block and burn everything(most fighting types, fuck Gurdurr) in NU.

2. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Meep! Article Contributor Article Contributor

People forget that Dusclops has a base 70 Attack. Considering it's built purely as a wall, that isn't bad at all.

3. Um Hello?

Um Hello? Member

Acupressure needs banning :( hint Topah hint you're so mean to me :[[[ With luck in what stat gets boosted it can be an auto win purely through the luck of the roll. (Rest / Sleep Talk / Acupressure / Attacking Move) Drapion is probably the best abuser as it has Battle Armour - so no crits.

Potential this is wrong thread as it may just be for Pokemon? but I don't know.

4. Liarliarpantsonfire

Liarliarpantsonfire Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Liarliarpantsonfire
    Nah you can just phaze it out/taunt or threaten it with a powerful move like Banded Sawks EQ. Or Tricking it a scarf works fine too.

5. Um Hello?

Um Hello? Member

For all of those options bar taunting it they're pretty situational. Also as Acupressure can raise evasion taunt, phazing moves and attacking moves can miss. If you get lucky rolls you can be +4 evasion in 2 turns and from there it's basically won.

[Can trick miss? I looked and it said 100% accuracy so I assume it can.] -Trick also requires a trick user, including one that hasn't already tricked it's item away.

6. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

I'd just like to note that during the money challenge going on, I've been having more of a hellish time dealing with fucking Golbat and specs Gastrodon(which is a giant ass when you're running Stunfisk+altaria) than Sawk or dark types.

7. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Now that the Houndoom suspect has drawn to a close, discuss a possible final suspect or two, or NU possibly being balanced. Feel free to wait until the end of the month when the usage tier changes occur!

8. Um Hello?

Um Hello? Member

Can moves, (acupressure) be suspected?

If not that's fine as acupressure doesn't come up often but I still personally feel like it needs banning.

9. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Luck>Skill
    Acupressure is even more situational

10. Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom Long time hater of stall

Acupressure's gimmicky. You might never get the boosts you need, and if the user gets Taunted or Tricked a Choice item then the whole strategy goes to hell. It might work out once in a while, but unlike troll strategies like Prankster Assist Roar it's just too unreliable to be considered broken.

I'm more worried about Dusclops coming down. With its low HP, Pain Split is actually a pretty good recovery move for it and the colossal bulk granted by Eviolite will make it almost impossible to take out. Yeah we do have Skuntank, Drapion and Houndoom in NU, but of those 3 Houndoom is the only good check since the other 2 are crippled by Will-O-Wisp.

11. Um Hello?

Um Hello? Member

It was more about it being luck-orientated, kind of like Moody.

12. Liarliarpantsonfire

Liarliarpantsonfire Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Liarliarpantsonfire
    Accupressure is indeed luck-based but nobody uses it, and a complex ban so close before X and Y release is kinda silly.

Dusclops in NU means we get a much needed Sawk check as well as giving stall a big boost. Pair this up with Alomomola/Lickilicky and you're good to go. It's Taunt-bait though, and Skuntank walks all over it.

13. Dr. Doom

Yeah Will-O-Wisp says hi. If Skuntank switches in and gets Burnt it's useless. Pursuit isn't even a 2HKO, and if I have to run Skuntank to deal with Dusclops I'd call that Pokémon broken. There are already enough checks to Sawk - Misdreavus, Musharna, Mesprit, Weezing. Granted Weezing has trouble switching in, but the rest are good checks. Do you remember the Cresselia retest? Even though there are plenty of Dark types in LU, it was virtually impossible to kill. I think it'll be the same with Dusclops.

14. MrLumber

MrLumber Member

I think people will realize that Dusclops has more counters than just dark types, esp. given that it will likely run either seismic toss or night shade, meaning a lot of things can come in with impunity. Stall breaker or cleric Missy will be a major check or counter. Also everything with base 100 hp will be getting more usage, esp. if they have boosting moves. Be prepared for lots of Bouffalant, Lickicky, and Musharna.

For all the people saying 'learn 2 counter Sawk use new things', Dusclops will have far more problems operating than Sawk ever has.

15. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    We aren't going to suspect a move, I don't care how stupid Accupressure is.

We can't suspect a Pokemon that isn't in the tier, yet, either (Dusclops).

16. Aurist

Aurist I do not jump for joy. I frolic in doubt.

With the drop of Ferroseed, Claydol, Absol and Dusclops likely to come, things are looking interesting... (did i type interesting? i meant "horrible")

17. Afro Smash

Afro Smash Mfw I'm living the Australian dream

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    i personally feel mush is broken, but now that sawks staying i wouldnt want to lose the number 1 counter to it, ill see if clops drops first before i push for a suspect.

18. Fosco

Fosco .dancin

Wait so Braviary isn't dropping?

.cry

19. Dr. Doom

Dusknoir 3.99794 2125

Looks like Dusknoir's dropping as well. I think Dusknoir will be OK.

20. Afro Smash

Afro Smash Mfw I'm living the Australian dream

PO Trainer Name:
    Afro Smash
    i fucking hope dusknoir drops, loved it last time it was nu

21. East's Mascot

East's Mascot The Tyrant

Sorry for being impatient, but how long until the new tiers changes are posted?

22. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    New tier changes will be posted in a moment, locking and unstickying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.